Mjolnir gives the wielder Thor's stats? (MCU, Poll)

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Mjolnir gives the wielder Thor's stats? (MCU, Poll) (41 votes)

Yes, by how Cap survived Thanos' punch 44%
No, it's PIS once again, like Cap surviving Thanos' punch in IW 15%
Yes, as long as Mjolnir is near to the worthy 15%
No, Cap is just durable enough to survive Thanos' punches 2%
No, Thanos wasn't trying to kill Cap in IW and EG 10%
It boosts wielder's stats but not at Thor's level 15%
No Caption Provided

does Worthy Cap really have Thor's stats? some people believe he does. let me know that you think.

• 
BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'd be kinda weird if Jane Thor didn't, so...

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Olubummo

NO, Mjolnir only gives the wielder powers like Lightning, but not Durability or Strength.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, obviously.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnsmjs36  Online

I mean wasn't it the whole point of Odin's "magic" and the worthy part.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the answer is no. Cap survived similar punch in IW without knowing of being worthy. Also EG Thor was portrayed stronger than Cap by scaling via these fights with Thanos. Thor was able to hold and push the Mad Titan back on several occasions, we haven't seen Cap doing anything like that.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is and always will be yes.

Its the intent of the worthy enchantment based on Thor 1 and the commentary and feats from EG match up imo.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and not only when Cap keeps it directly in his hand but also for some, unspecified time, after holding Mjolnir

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

beh8272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beh8272

No. It boosts stats for sure, but there are stats that Thor has that aren’t linked to his lightning powers. I believe that the hammer cannot give cap what is essentially the total strength Thor has, because Thor has lived as a member of the Asgardian royal family for thousands of years and consistently fought enemies with stats that rival his own.

In short,

Thor has superior stats by nature of being a high-born Asgardian who has trained for thousands of years with the most physically imposing enemies in the galaxy (frost giants, Kronans, demons, Asgardians, Hulk, etc.)

The hammer boosts Cap’s stats, but it cannot physiologically change him to have the same stats and muscle tone of a high-born Asgardian warrior, which is what Thor is when you take away the godliness

GateOfBabylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either it's an easy yes or you think regular Cap has enough stats to stagger Thanos like this.

No Caption Provided

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it doesn't, the power of thor is lightning, that's what cap got

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: you should rewatch Thor becoming worthy against the destroyer then

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: dude, thor was originally asgardian, the power was already his. Stop reaching. Cap got knocked out the same way before and after he picked up the hammer

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: exactly but at that moment he was stripped down to an average human until he was worthy to weild the power of Thor which also included all his godly physicals it's been the same in the comics or movie forever it's never changed lmao even Jane will get the power of Thor from Mjolnir in love and thunder people just cant accept it for whatever reason.

No before he picked up the hammer he got KOd through his sheild, later after lots of battle damage and an actual war Cap, Iron Man and Thor all got one shot by Thanos in the same scene.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but he seems slightly weaker than Thor since he was winded far more from hits even with the shield

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way does Cap push Thanos with a flying knee to the chest if he’s not at least on Thor’s level.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like it, or at bare minimum he got a significant amp. He was staggering Thanos even without the hammer at some points in Endgame. In infinity War he using all of his strength to hold back a Thanos who wasn't even really trying. The Russos even said that scene with Cap holding back Thanos in Wakanda was slowed down for dramatic affect, and Thanos was barely putting in any effort at all in that moment.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olubummo: Look at Cap's performance against Thanos before wielding the hammer.

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Olubummo

@guardiandevil83:

- LOL, what are you trying to say?

- What is your Point???

- Are you tying to say that Mjolnir gives Cap Thor Strength + durability?

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Olubummo

@gateofbabylon:

- Cap used Mjolnir to Stagger thanos, the Wielder can hit harder with Mjolnir, that's all!!!

• Just because you can use a Hammer to break something Or hit harder with the hammer, doesn't mean you have Thor Strength, it's actually the Hammer Strength, not your Strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Mjolnir doesn't give the wielder Thor physical Strength + Durability, we all know that Cap is stronger than normal humans, he was able to use all his Strength to hold back thanos in Infinity War, thanos was surprised, thanos had to use his second hand to punch Cap to let go of him, this are signs that Cap is strong enough to push back thanos, but can't hurt or Stagger thanos without Mjolnir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Also, if Cap can use his hands to hold back thanos, he can also use his Legs or Knees to push back thanos, if he applies Force to it!!!

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone that says no is a Thor stan. There's no way anyone even remotely objective can't follow this, which was clearly demonstrated in both words and actions throughout the MCU.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn’t Odin say the hammer only helped Thor focus his powers? Idk anymore 🤷🏾‍♂️ It probably does give the person Thor powers or Thanos is weak as shit.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Olubummo

@ready_4_madness:

It probably does give the person Thor powers

- Powers like being able to wield Mjolnir and control Mjolnir to come back to your hand

- Powers like being able to use Mjolnir to hit harder

- Powers like being able to use Mjolnir to control Lightening

- Probably, Powers like being able to use Mjolnir to Fly e.t.c.

But Mjolnir doesn't give the ‛‛Wielder’’ Thor physical Strength + Durability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time believing it boosts all of the characters stats to Thor level. It does boosts their stats, but probably not to Thor's level.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@olubummo said:

@ready_4_madness:

It probably does give the person Thor powers

- Powers like being able to wield Mjolnir and control Mjolnir to come back to your hand

- Powers like being able to use Mjolnir to hit harder

- Powers like being able to use Mjolnir to control Lightening

- Probably, Powers like being able to use Mjolnir to Fly e.t.c.

But Mjolnir doesn't give the ‛‛Wielder’’ Thor physical Strength + Durability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You almost had it right. Right up until that last sentence.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time believing it boosts all of the characters stats to Thor level. It does boosts their stats, but probably not to Thor's level.

Why not? The inscription on the hammer reads "he who holds the hammer has the powers of Thor". That's also how its always worked in the comics.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@takenstew22 said:

Why not? The inscription on the hammer reads "he who holds the hammer has the powers of Thor". That's also how its always worked in the comics.

"The powers of Thor" can mean many things.

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Olubummo

@iamthelaw:

You almost had it right. Right up until that last sentence.

- No man, you are Wrong!!!!!!!!!!

• Just because you can use a Hammer to break something Or hit harder with the hammer, doesn't mean you have Thor Strength, it's actually the Hammer Strength, not your Strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Mjolnir doesn't give the ‛‛Wielder’’ Thor physical Strength + Durability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olubummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olubummo: Why do you type like that?

I type like that because i feel like people will understand much better!!!

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It boosts the stats only whilst wielded, so Cap surviving the Thanos punch was just PIS

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
Asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The hammer worked like in comics, meaning: boost his stats until he got like one minute away from it

HERMES1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beh8272 said:

No. It boosts stats for sure, but there are stats that Thor has that aren’t linked to his lightning powers. I believe that the hammer cannot give cap what is essentially the total strength Thor has, because Thor has lived as a member of the Asgardian royal family for thousands of years and consistently fought enemies with stats that rival his own.

In short,

Thor has superior stats by nature of being a high-born Asgardian who has trained for thousands of years with the most physically imposing enemies in the galaxy (frost giants, Kronans, demons, Asgardians, Hulk, etc.)

The hammer boosts Cap’s stats, but it cannot physiologically change him to have the same stats and muscle tone of a high-born Asgardian warrior, which is what Thor is when you take away the godliness

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@takenstew22 said:

Not really. We know Thor went from depowered to being Thor. I don't see why cap wouldn't do the same.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@takenstew22 said:
@jashro44 said:
@takenstew22 said:

Not really. We know Thor went from depowered to being Thor. I don't see why cap wouldn't do the same.

That's because Thor is... well, Thor. He's unique in a matter of speaking. I know I might sound stupid saying it but I just don't think Cap instantly got equal to all of Thor's stats once he became worthy. Maybe it's personal bias or I just think it's a weird thought. I mean, didn't he get 2 or 3 shotted by Thanos? I don't think even Thor would go down that quick.

LichVanAstrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably boosts their stats but not to Thor's level. Thor isn't strong simply because of Mjolnir.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@takenstew22 said:
@jashro44 said:
@takenstew22 said:

That's because Thor is... well, Thor. He's unique in a matter of speaking. I know I might sound stupid saying it but I just don't think Cap instantly got equal to all of Thor's stats once he became worthy. Maybe it's personal bias or I just think it's a weird thought. I mean, didn't he get 2 or 3 shotted by Thanos? I don't think even Thor would go down that quick.

He lost that hammer pretty quickly. Think you have to have an active wield on that hammer to use it and channel the powers bestowed by Odin's enchantment.