Mile Morales

JayPaul1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have gotten into a few debates on various forums some of which being on this website, some of which being on others. Now I want to get some public insight on what you all feel about the Miles Morales Spiderman.

I honestly can't fully get behind Marvel for their constant bending over backwards to social justice warriors. I understand that some people are crying for diversity in comics books, and I am all for that, but when you completely replace a hero that has been a cultural icon for decades with an ethnically diverse copycat you are completely changing the name of Spiderman.

I also know that this is not Marvel's first time bending over backwards for those social justice politicians who feel that the world needs to change to their accommodations. I.e Feminists.

Let me know how you all feel about this and about my point on this.

Renfro234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While i agree marvel and dc have been doing shock value and diversity changes just for sake being diverse is annoying.Miles is actually nice fresh character who is his own person different spider.Different powers plus he has cool back ground 2 well one loving parent he tying to do the right thing best way he knows how while trying live up to the ideals of previous spiderman.Miles by far the best thing to happen in ultimate universe he got fresh perspective on and nice read the comic and cheer this kid on hope for the best for him

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ok

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like trains.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While i agree marvel and dc have been doing shock value and diversity changes just for sake being diverse is annoying.Miles is actually nice fresh character who is his own person different spider.Different powers plus he has cool back ground 2 well one loving parent he tying to do the right thing best way he knows how while trying live up to the ideals of previous spiderman.Miles by far the best thing to happen in ultimate universe he got fresh perspective on and nice read the comic and cheer this kid on hope for the best for him

I disagree, out of all the diversity changes he's by far the worst. His personality is as interesting as a cardboard box.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Renfro234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer-:different strokes for different blokes.He is pretty good character to me

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This

JayPaul1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renfro234 I appreciate your well thought out opinion. Unlike the other people on this thread who just reply like idiots because it is a topic or an opinion they don't agree with.

Even though we have different opinions on the subject, I can still respect your right to think differently than myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

lol just admit you are a racist and move on. people take up the mantles of well known super heroes all the time.

Renfro234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaypaul1939:Your welcome i try to live up to my avatar try to be helpful and insightful as possible while respecting others opinions and difference that's what makes us all unique and special

JayPaul1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: Racist? Really ? Because I don't like this one "superhero". You race baiting idiots all get up in arms about the characters all being white and have to have your diversity! There are already many black super heroes that are great. I.E. John Stewart as Green Lantern was an amazing switch. However, that switch was not solely made to please to the black community. Unlike Miles, who was inspired by Obama as a way to appeal to the black community.

So don't get it twisted. I am not saying there should not be a black superhero, I was just getting my point across of why a black Spiderman is just pointless. He wears a fucking mask, who gives a damn if under the mask he is black or he is white. I'm not mad that he is black, I am mad at his personality. The reason for this new spiderman was only to appeal to Social Justice Warriors like yourself who cried out at big companies not showing ethnic diversity. Congratulations on being proud of a change that promotes the reason this country is failing.

Next thing you know they will get rid of Spiderman all together and replace him straight up with Spiderwoman. POWER TO THE FEMINISTS.

Give me a break.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaypaul1939

"i was just getting my point across of why a black spiderman is pointless"

"who gives a damn if under the mask he is black or he is white"

so which is true?

if it doesnt matter: why the hostility? why even start all this saying changing his race was unneeded? if you thought race didnt matter then you would not have brought up his blackness

JayPaul1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: I bring up the race because it is the only reason that Marvel even killed off Peter Parker and replaced him. They wanted to please the black community and all I am saying is that it is pointless. I also continued to say that the reason I dislike of Miles Morales as Spiderman is not because of his race, but rather because of his personality.

His "Blackness" is necessary to the conservation just because it is the reason that he even came into the Marvel Universe.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaypaul1939: marvel bedning over to social justice fighters? why is that 90% of female superheroes are still in slut costumes?

well, they did give us spider gwen

Avatar image for jeanralphioisback
JeanRalphioIsBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaypaul1939: I love how you called someone else a race baiter... oh the irony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaypaul1939: well if its his personality that you dont like why not just say that instead of inciting racial discussions? had they made miles white and had the same personality you wouldn't be saying anything about his race......youd just say "i dont like miles" so do the same for black miles morales