Meliodas is really Boring

Avatar image for great_black_star
great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have completed both seasons of Nanatsu no Tanzai, and I am really in love with the anime. This is one of the shows where you get to love almost every characters.

Among my favorite characters

• Hawk
  • Ban
  • Diane (even though I don't like memory lost drama that has been going with her all the time)
  • King
  • Escanor
  • and some others.

But among these I like Meliodas the least. He is not interesting and make the story boring like hell. Everything about him is about him getting his power back and controlling emotion and then BAM, stomp every enemy like nothing.

I don't get excited the least when he is fighting, coz I can already guest the outcome. And the way he killed Fraudlin, man, I simply hate this guy.

I think NNT will be a better series without Meliodas, and Ban is much more likeable character, I want him to be main character.

Anyone who share same view as mine.

Trapezoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you watch the new movie, it was pretty good.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hawk is my favorite character.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup Mel can be pretty Copy-Paste.

Which is why you should just enjoy the fact that they give the other better characters plenty of time to shine.

Praise the Sun!

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn’t say the manga redeems everything, but he’s gotten a little better story wise

YOA_501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By YOA_501

I don’t agree I think Mel is the best this show have to offer being the brightest character in the show with a lot of sense of humor but at the same time The darkest one with a lot of pain and uncontrollable rage with a killer instinct like no one else

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meliodas is actually my favorite character alongside Diane. He's suffering severe grief, guilt and general PTSD. Plus he is aware just how dangerous he is. Yet he's doing his best to suppress (and then over come) it by creating an overly positive and supportive persona. That way even if he snaps, he knows he's helped build a great team to protect their world.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Pretty much

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_black_star:

Lol as one who is completely caught up with the manga there is a lot you’re still infore and a lot you will Learn about Mel.

And believe me it is intense.

Avatar image for great_black_star
great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you watch the new movie, it was pretty good.

Not yet, I am planning to watch it today. Is there anything that will change my point of view on Mel.

@lan_fan said:

Hawk is my favorite character.

Agreed. I was seriously depressed that moment where they kill Hawk. I am glad they make Hawk revive, and it is the only character and plot where I really love when writer decided to revive a confirm dead character.

Yup Mel can be pretty Copy-Paste.

Which is why you should just enjoy the fact that they give the other better characters plenty of time to shine.

Praise the Sun!

I agree I guess.

@yoa_501 said:

I don’t agree I think Mel is the best this show have to offer being the brightest character in the show with a lot of sense of humor but at the same time The darkest one with a lot of pain and uncontrollable rage with a killer instinct like no one else

I completely disagree with your point. He seriously falls under shonen MC troupe, where MC acts all stupid and funny then get serious and stomp everyone.

His allies admire him and won't let a chance go waste without praising him, his enemy also admires him and will always praise him any chance they get. I mean, I seriously doesn't get the idea of his character if he can just stomp everyone whenever he feels like it. Its like watching South Indian Movie.

@lawcol said:

Meliodas is actually my favorite character alongside Diane. He's suffering severe grief, guilt and general PTSD. Plus he is aware just how dangerous he is. Yet he's doing his best to suppress (and then over come) it by creating an overly positive and supportive persona. That way even if he snaps, he knows he's helped build a great team to protect their world.

^^

I wouldn’t say the manga redeems everything, but he’s gotten a little better story wise

@great_black_star:

Lol as one who is completely caught up with the manga there is a lot you’re still infore and a lot you will Learn about Mel.

And believe me it is intense.

I haven't read the manga yet, lets hope his character improve.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's bloody god awful. Absolute worst thing about the manga for sure.

I will not spoil anything unless you want me to, but good god is he a garbage mary sue character. I'd give this manga a 6/10 at BEST cause he's such garbage.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Meliodas, but mostly because he is cool, I agree he isn't the most complex character, and he does hit a lot of tropes. His character does become more complex in the manga, but whether or not you will like or dislike what happens I do not know.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mel isn't the best MC, but he definitely isn't the worse either.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LeoTheGreatest

Mel isn’t a bad character. His playfulness and pervyness gets corny sometimes but that’s about it.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mel isn’t a bad character. His playfulness and pervyness gets corny sometimes but that’s about it.

These

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least he’s no natsu or asta level of boring tho

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least he’s no natsu or asta level of boring tho

THIS

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@faradaysloth: This is off topic to the thread but While Natsu 8s pretty Generic I'd say Asta is more interesting then meliodas