• 183 results
Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xzone: well he could tank doomsday Aoe which was 3 kilometer wide and far more destroyed far more area than Thors lightning. He could also tank the masssive gravity beam that flattened entire cityblock with single shot. So yeah energywise he would tank it just fine, because its not like thor was releasing ridiculous amount of energy from his lightnings.

Also we can clearly say he would tank and no sell lightning, because many characters that are fodder compared to superman tanked the lightning just fine. There is nothing suggesting thors lightning would hurt superman either. Stagger? probably. Hurt? no.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogzee said:

@thebestofthebest: Hulk is above 616 Ironman and you yourself can't even prove otherwise. I'm still waiting

This is so wrong. Iron Man 616 is FAR above any movie version of any superhero.

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogzee said:

@byondeon: not in strength

Yes, in strength. He at best is far above anything we have seen from at least Marvel/DC movies (I meant those two companies)

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@supermanforever:

Dont know what the argument was before. But if we are comparing lightning to nukes its not even close, lightning strike is hot but is literal fodder compared to what nuke can do. Superman would shrug of the lightning. did it to doomsdays lightning which also vaporised buildings quite casually.

Also saying thor lightning would hurt superman is complete nonsense. As it failed to hurt people that are nowhere near superman level in terms of durability. Not even close.

I called you up, because I thought you might be able to give a detailed description of how powerful a nuke is, since I've seen you discuss this before.

And more importantly, because @xzone ( no offence ) might have absolutely no idea how powerful a nuke is.

Long story short, nukes carry like 100 kilotons of TNT, and I think I showed you what 50 tons is already capable of. They reach temperatures of 150,000,000 degrees C, and caused earthquakes before.

I showed you a video of nuclear explosions. I don't know if you watched it or not. You probably didn't, so go watch it.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal:

Captain America was clearly bracing faster than Thor can thrust full force at him.

So you take one horribly telegraphed attack from several years ago (and while Thor was weakened to boot) and assume it's Thor's regular attack speed?

Can you see Cap reacting to this?

No Caption Provided

Y'know, Diana has had several slow, telegraphed attacks in the DCEU as well:

No Caption Provided

But you won't see me using that to try and low-ball Diana's combat speed.

Cap looked like he was wrecking Loki out of skill and speed

That is objectively wrong. Cap got like two decent hits in that entire fight. Widow even says that Cap is "all over the place".

And besides, Loki was *trying* to get captured. He was distracting the Avengers from Hawkeye, who was stealing tech they needed to open the portal for the Chiaturi.

Iron man blitzed Thor multiple times

Thor was weakened and he also made no effort to dodge Iron Man, showing that he just decided to tank his attack.

And as XZone has showed, Thor comfortably reacted to a bull-rushing Iron Legionnaire.

And my god, what of the time he was actually hit by bullets and didn't even move out of the way in Age of Ultron

Glad to see you admit that Thor is bullet-proof!

And again, Thor didn't need to dodge them, because he knew he could tank them. He easily could have (even Cap hid behind a statue), but he didn't need to.

Lord_Doom159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Good

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@scipio123:

So you take one horribly telegraphed attack from several years ago (and while Thor was weakened to boot) and assume it's Thor's regular attack speed?

Can you see Cap reacting to this?

No Caption Provided

Cap may or may not react to that, but your mistake was associating that to regular attack speed/reaction speed. That was done with flight, and if we want to discuss who is better in flight speed blitzes, you know Superman has like feats 50x better in that regard.

Y'know, Diana has had several slow, telegraphed attacks in the DCEU as well:

But you won't see me using that to try and low-ball Diana's combat speed.

You can't associate slow attacks with strong attacks relative to the same character. A strong attack is a faster attack because you are putting momentum into the attack.

These scene would obviously be slowed to highlight this moment. The thing about Diana, is that she consistently blitzes anyone she sees barring high tiers, thus making her speed more consistent than Thor's and Captain Americas. She is consistently displayed as fast, meanwhile this isn't the same case for Thor.

That is objectively wrong. Cap got like two decent hits in that entire fight. Widow even says that Cap is "all over the place".

And besides, Loki was *trying* to get captured. He was distracting the Avengers from Hawkeye, who was stealing tech they needed to open the portal for the Chiaturi.

Loading Video...

I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? clean hits. Other times Loki just straight up tanked them. You know what else I see? Captain America dodging more hits than I can count Loki ever countering. He certainly displayed himself as agile but the issue was that Loki was too strong. We saw in the first few seconds he tried to get a punch on Loki which didn't phase him at all. 2:33.

The only time he ever tried to get captured, was when he saw that he was outmatched. Otherwise he wouldn't have initially tried to get captured himself. He was legitimately trying to get Captain America to kneel, and by doing so he had to try to put him down, in an attempt to hit and fight, but ultimately couldn't do it in time. Look at the fight and tell me, is this the kind of fight where the person isn't even trying?

Thor was weakened and he also made no effort to dodge Iron Man, showing that he just decided to tank his attack.

And as XZone has showed, Thor comfortably reacted to a bull-rushing Iron Legionnaire.

Cmon, is that really what you think when you look at the fight?

Loading Video...

Oh sure, lets pretend none of the times they were displayed even in speed, and the fact that Thor was pissed because he wasting his time. He might have had the skill and the brute strength Iron Man couldn't quite handle, but he didn't display a clear speed advantage.

Glad to see you admit that Thor is bullet-proof!

Whats the point, I was never against it in the first place.

And again, Thor didn't need to dodge them, because he knew he could tank them. He easily could have (even Cap hid behind a statue), but he didn't need to.

It did him no benefit from not dodging them. In fact in the first Avengers when there was in fact a hailstorm of bullets, he attempted to get out of the way of fire, in such a way that doesn't seem to match bullet timing.

And like really, the only thing suggested he is faster than IM and Cap, is the inconsistent Quicksilver slow mo feat. Not everyone will be at full thrust motion at the same time, and not every speedster would have consistent slow motion scenes, and the message is clear that Quicksilver is too fast for any of the Avengers to even react. That is being overparticular in details that shouldn't be regarded in the first place.

And yeah maybe it just so happened that Captain America took a punch that sent him at supersonic speeds + and survived. Like how, really.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal:

Cap may or may not react to that,

Loading Video...

You can't associate slow attacks with strong attacks relative to the same character. A strong attack is a faster attack because you are putting momentum into the attack.

That bracelet clash was horribly telegraphed (she had to scream out loud for several seconds), and its probably her best AOE showing ever, so I don't see what you're talking about here.

Also, the attack the Cap blocked leveled a huge section of the forest, so it was clearly very powerful.

These scene would obviously be slowed to highlight this moment.

It was still horribly telegraphed.

The thing about Diana, is that she consistently blitzes anyone she sees barring high tiers,

She blitzes human-level fodder, you mean.

She is consistently displayed as fast, meanwhile this isn't the same case for Thor.

What? So you're just going to ignore Thor's numerous high-end speed/reaction feats now?

Here they are again:

No Caption Provided

And Cap failed to block one of those same blasts

Also:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But I guess those are all outliers, right?

I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? clean hits. Other times Loki just straight up tanked them. You know what else I see? Captain America dodging more hits than I can count Loki ever countering. He certainly displayed himself as agile but the issue was that Loki was too strong.

Way I see it, Cap hits Loki once with a shield throw, then punches Loki in the face, then he throws his shield again and it gets batted aside and he eventually manages to get a hit in on Loki's side, before getting thrown away. He then gets one kick in before we see him getting rag-dolled and then Tony arrives.

So 4 hits, and one of them was with a shield throw.

And what's all this talk of Cap out-speeding Loki?

No Caption Provided

At the most you can say that they're roughly equal in terms of speed - although it's clear that Loki was barely even trying here, whereas Cap was going all out.

The only time he ever tried to get captured, was when he saw that he was outmatched.

Nope. It's pretty clear that that was his plan all along. He knew that SHIELD were assembling a team to stop him (after mind-controlling Clint), and he figured that the best way to stop them would be to let their various egos and fractious personalities destroy each other while at the same time putting the world's angriest man in a stressful situation on-board a flying aircraft carrier.

He wanted to be captured, so that his goons would come to rescue him, damage the Helicarrier in the process and thus create the perfect conditions for Bruce to Hulk-out and most likely destroy the Helicarrier and/or kill the rest of the Avengers in the process.

Do you honestly think he came up with all of that on the spur of the moment?

Loki isn't the Joker. He doesn't just wing it and rely on his own insanity to carry the day. He plans and schemes.

He was legitimately trying to get Captain America to kneel,

That just shows how not-at-all-serious Loki was about that fight.

Loki could have ended Cap any time he wanted.

Like here, he could have straight up killed Cap with the sharp end of the Sceptre:

No Caption Provided

But instead he wasted time by talking about him wanting to "kneel" and allowed himself to get captured.

As for why Loki didn't surrender immediately, I guess he didn't want it to look too obvious that he was up to something. And besides, he needed to buy time for Clint to steal the iridium they needed to open the portal for the Chitauri.

Oh sure, lets pretend none of the times they were displayed even in speed,

And let's pretend that Thor doesn't have a showing comfortably reacting to a much lighter (and presumably faster) Iron Legion bot.

but he didn't display a clear speed advantage.

Sure:

No Caption Provided

And let's also forget that Tony was amped to 475% power throughout that entire fight.

It did him no benefit from not dodging them.

He knew he could tank it. Therefore, he felt no incentive to take cover.

Ultron was strafing the ground. Even a regular human could have moved out of the way from where Thor was before the bullets hit them.

So is Thor slower than a human now?

And like really, the only thing suggested he is faster than IM and Cap, is the inconsistent Quicksilver slow mo feat.

Not inconsistent when you consider all of Thor's other showings.

the message is clear that Quicksilver is too fast for any of the Avengers to even react.

Except Thor was able to track Pietro:

No Caption Provided

HC03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk should be on the same tier as pre-ragnarok Thor. Hulk was clearly the victor of their fight in Avengers.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@scipio123: Its even worse when you cut my paragraph just so you can make yourself look good, when in reality you look stupid putting that up, just by the mere fact you refused to counter a point presented. How cute.

It was still horribly telegraphed.

A telegraphed moment does not make it slow. Do you not get that point??? If there possessed a clear speed advantage where he move and stay in motion whereas everyone else isn't moving, then rogers wouldn't have been at the same pace as Thor, to bring up his shield when Thor thrusted at him.

She blitzes human-level fodder, you mean.

In a manner Thor couldn't hope to achieve.

And Cap failed to block one of those same blasts

No Caption Provided

This seemed to be a better display of reaction times compared to every other showing Thor has ever had. Your basis really is just the laser beams. I don't quite remember these characters accomplishing bullet timing.

Lol at everything else being a high end speed feat. What makes Hulk so fast?

Way I see it, Cap hits Loki once with a shield throw, then punches Loki in the face, then he throws his shield again and it gets batted aside and he eventually manages to get a hit in on Loki's side, before getting thrown away. He then gets one kick in before we see him getting rag-dolled and then Tony arrives.

So 4 hits, and one of them was with a shield throw.

And what's all this talk of Cap out-speeding Loki?

No Caption Provided

At the most you can say that they're roughly equal in terms of speed - although it's clear that Loki was barely even trying here, whereas Cap was going all out.

I'm pretty sure my claim was that they don't have a speed advantage over each other, so this doesn't really further your own argument.

Oh yeah sure, missing so many attacks even if they are full swings, and I wonder what is not trying.

Nope. It's pretty clear that that was his plan all along. He knew that SHIELD were assembling a team to stop him (after mind-controlling Clint), and he figured that the best way to stop them would be to let their various egos and fractious personalities destroy each other while at the same time putting the world's angriest man in a stressful situation on-board a flying aircraft carrier.

He wanted to be captured, so that his goons would come to rescue him, damage the Helicarrier in the process and thus create the perfect conditions for Bruce to Hulk-out and most likely destroy the Helicarrier and/or kill the rest of the Avengers in the process.

Do you honestly think he came up with all of that on the spur of the moment?

Situations change over time, and not everyone has think ahead to think of something. Although that may not be the situation of the movie, and he might have thought ahead of time, he still looked like he was trying and when Captain America reflected that shot back at him, it completely hurt his pride.

Loki isn't the Joker. He doesn't just wing it and rely on his own insanity to carry the day. He plans and schemes.

Loki is smart, he has come up with things on the spurr of moments before and has shown to control current situations to get what he wants. The ability to control current situations isn't accomplished by having to plan ahead and a real tactician can change their tactics whenever a situation isn't looking good. Its not impossible for him. I might have to rewatch the movie, but I don't think really changes anything as to whether or not he was trying.

That just shows how not-at-all-serious Loki was about that fight.

Loki could have ended Cap any time he wanted.

Like here, he could have straight up killed Cap with the sharp end of the Sceptre:

But instead he wasted time by talking about him wanting to "kneel" and allowed himself to get captured.

As for why Loki didn't surrender immediately, I guess he didn't want it to look too obvious that he was up to something. And besides, he needed to buy time for Clint to steal the iridium they needed to open the portal for the Chitauri.

Not ending someone is different from not being serious. Not ending someone means you want to accomplish something else, like making that one person kneel.

And let's pretend that Thor doesn't have a showing comfortably reacting to a much lighter (and presumably faster) Iron Legion bot.

Iron Legion bot? You mean those fodder that suitless Tony get the jump on? Are you serious right now?

Sure:

No Caption Provided

Sure

No Caption Provided

And let's also forget that Tony was amped to 475% power throughout that entire fight.

Power "capacity". It means he can use more power with his repulsors and rockets, but that doesn't amp his suit's already built in speed and his own reaction times.

Just so you know, this was done before he got a power boost.

No Caption Provided

He knew he could tank it. Therefore, he felt no incentive to take cover.

Ultron was strafing the ground. Even a regular human could have moved out of the way from where Thor was before the bullets hit them.

So is Thor slower than a human now?

If your standard is that "regular people" can dodge a hail of bullets in front of them with a vehicle coming at them, then I guess so.

Well that doesn't make "regular people" bullet timers lol.

And if I am being serious in case you "somehow" can't tell im not, regular people cant dodge that. Use your brain.

Not inconsistent when you consider all of Thor's other showings.

Thor's showings match their showings and Captain America has shown to be a lot more agile. You're trying to present a non existent speed advantage Thor has, despite the fact they have clearly all been fighting at the exact same pace in the exact same time coordinating all their attacks.

Except Thor was able to track Pietro:

No Caption Provided

You mean missing and we see Quicksilver deliberately slow down to stop and take his time to grab the hammer?

Cuz honestly by this logic, Captain America could track Quicksilver.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal:

Its even worse when you cut my paragraph just so you can make yourself look good,

I responded to the points that I felt were relevant. I have no interest in trying to make myself "look good".

when in reality you look stupid putting that up,

Leave if off with the personal attacks or I'll contact a mod.

If there possessed a clear speed advantage where he move and stay in motion whereas everyone else isn't moving, then rogers wouldn't have been at the same pace as Thor, to bring up his shield when Thor thrusted at him.

The point is that Cap would have stood just as much of a chance reacting to Diana's aforementioned bracer clash as he would Thor's forest-leveler.

Also, characters don't always attack at the same speed all of the time.

In a manner Thor couldn't hope to achieve.

Did you see the opening of AOU? I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume not.

This seemed to be a better display of reaction times compared to every other showing Thor has ever had.

How?

Cap is literally just jumping through the air while Ultron blasts are missing him. Its not remotely comparable to Thor blocking multiple Chiaturi blasts with the (relatively tiny) face of Mjolnir after they've been fired.

We've seen Cap do something similar when avoiding gunfire:

No Caption Provided

Neither of those feats is remotely comparable to what Thor did with the Chitauri blasts.

Bearing in mind, that those blasts are as fast as bullets:

No Caption Provided

What makes Hulk so fast?

No Caption Provided

He also stomped Abom, who could do this:

No Caption Provided

I'm pretty sure my claim was that they don't have a speed advantage over each other,

Nope. This is what you originally wrote:

• Cap looked like he was wrecking Loki out of skill and speed

This is a very sneaky and dishonest move on your part in my opinion.

Although that may not be the situation of the movie, and he might have thought ahead of time, he still looked like he was trying and when Captain America reflected that shot back at him, it completely hurt his pride.

As I said before, he needed to put up a fight for a while in order to buy time for Hawkeye to steal the iridium they needed to open the portal.

The whole thing was a distraction.

Loki is smart, he has come up with things on the spurr of moments before and has shown to control current situations to get what he wants. The ability to control current situations isn't accomplished by having to plan ahead and a real tactician can change their tactics whenever a situation isn't looking good. Its not impossible for him. I might have to rewatch the movie, but I don't think really changes anything as to whether or not he was trying.

I will grant you that isn't made explicitly clear when Loki came up with the plan to get captured, but my understanding has always been that it was his plan all along.

If Loki hadn't been captured, then there wouldn't have been that source of tension between the Avengers on the Helicarrier. Similarly, there would have been no attack resulting in Bruce Hulking-out and leaving the team scattered and emotionally damaged.

For the reasons I mentioned before, logic would seem to support my argument rather than yours.

Not ending someone means you want to accomplish something else, like making that one person kneel.

For what purpose? If he was really hoping to escape afterwards, then he would have either killed Cap or attempted to mind control him, neither of which he wanted to do here.

Iron Legion bot? You mean those fodder that suitless Tony get the jump on? Are you serious right now?

What does them being less heavily armoured have to do with their speed? Those suits might be lighter and less durable, but they still have the same propulsion system as any other Iron Man suit and ought to be just as fast.

They also must be fast, given that Thor (who can fly at at least Mach 1) couldn't catch up with the Bot that stole the Sceptre before it reached Sokovia.

It means he can use more power with his repulsors

If Tony can put more power into his repulsors and thrusters, then he is by definition going to be faster when he bullrushes Thor.

Just so you know, this was done before he got a power boost.

Wow. An example of Thor tanking an attack he would definitely be able to avoid if he wanted to.

If your standard is that "regular people" can dodge a hail of bullets in front of them with a vehicle coming at them, then I guess so.

You do know what strafing is, right? You don't need to be a bullet-timer to see the bullets strafing the ground in front of you and jump to the side before the gunfire hits you.

It's not bullet-timing. Bullet-timing would involve avoiding bullets that are being fired directly at you after they've been fired, which obviously nobody in real-life could do.

Thor's showings match their showings and Captain America has shown to be a lot more agile.

Has he?

Again I refer you to this:

No Caption Provided

despite the fact they have clearly all been fighting at the exact same pace in the exact same time coordinating all their attacks.

Except they haven't been shown fighting at the exact same pace. And what does coordinating their attacks have to do with anything?

You mean missing and we see Quicksilver deliberately slow down to stop and take his time to grab the hammer?

Thor threw the hammer before Pietro slowed down. Why else did Thor throw the hammer if not at QS? There was nothing else to hit in the vicinity.

Cuz honestly by this logic, Captain America could track Quicksilver.

Except Cap wasn't throwing his shield at Pietro. He was throwing it at a bot.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@scipio123:

I responded to the points that I felt were relevant. I have no interest in trying to make myself "look good".

Somehow you thought that single point of may or may not was a lot more important than the rest that I clearly highlighted as more important, only to stay ignorant about it. The point you made for Thor's travel speed, was never relevant to begin with.

Lets draw back to the point you initially made.

No Caption Provided

"and assume its Thor's regular attack speed". So what do you I was going to make a point out of. The fact that you aren't associating it with regular attack speed but travel speed, or whether or not Captain America can react to it considering Captain America may have some feats to suggest he can react to someone bullrushing him. You didn't even say or prove how fast he was going. I don't doubt Cap can react to something at mach 1 but that its outside what is even relevant.

So I had a reason to make a more relevant point which I might as well post again here.

"Cap may or may not react to that, but your mistake was associating that to regular attack speed/reaction speed. That was done with flight, and if we want to discuss who is better in flight speed blitzes, you know Superman has like feats 50x better in that regard."

There was a reason why I didn't give a solid answer, which I responded may or may not. I have literally no interest regarding this point to talk about Captain America reacting to that specific attack. How ironic you try to make things out as relevant, when you yourself need to practice reading context.

Leave if off with the personal attacks or I'll contact a mod.

Oh sure, let's pretend that video you posted didn't imply practically the exact same thing.

Did you see the opening of AOU? I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume not.

Yes I did, and it clearly not as impressive as every other showing Diana has pulled off.

How?

Cap is literally just jumping through the air while Ultron blasts are missing him. Its not remotely comparable to Thor blocking multiple Chiaturi blasts with the (relatively tiny) face of Mjolnir after they've been fired.

We've seen Cap do something similar when avoiding gunfire:

Neither of those feats is remotely comparable to what Thor did with the Chitauri blasts.

Oh sure, weaving through chiaturi fire, at close proximity is just jumping in the air. No reacting and must be because of the GIF you posted. I wonder which of those GIFs were the ones that actually didn't aim at their target. Not the one I posted.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bearing in mind, that those blasts are as fast as bullets:

Seems strange they never once attempted to deflect bullets but did so to Chitari blasts. Although if you were to look even closer

No Caption Provided

The bullet still seemed a lot faster, considering it meets the end when the frame starting that they were in similar positions.

He also stomped Abom, who could do this:

Pretty sure you are supporting supersonic Thor, and rockets are only subsonic, unless shot by Jets.

Nope. This is what you originally wrote:

• Cap looked like he was wrecking Loki out of skill and speed

This is a very sneaky and dishonest move on your part in my opinion.

This was taking from my point towards xzone many posts ago before you even came in. I mostly wanted to prove that Thor cannot be faster than Captain America, and so I said that because the fight seemingly made it as if Steve was in fact faster due to presenting more agility and you are being stubborn about it so I let it be. That can be my point sure, but that isn't the bulk of it and I might of forgotten I said that because it was insignificant to even attempt to make out Cap as faster. Being around the same speed is doable for my stand.

The fact that you also think they are roughly the same speed would hardly ever prove your argument.

As I said before, he needed to put up a fight for a while in order to buy time for Hawkeye to steal the iridium they needed to open the portal.

The whole thing was a distraction.

Doesn't make it any less of a fight when the character it the scene completely made it out that way.

I will grant you that isn't made explicitly clear when Loki came up with the plan to get captured, but my understanding has always been that it was his plan all along.

If Loki hadn't been captured, then there wouldn't have been that source of tension between the Avengers on the Helicarrier. Similarly, there would have been no attack resulting in Bruce Hulking-out and leaving the team scattered and emotionally damaged.

For the reasons I mentioned before, logic would seem to support my argument rather than yours.

The tension between the Avengers and Helicarrier is simply due to the nature of his abilities he could make it possible. He can mind control, he can use illusions, he can manipulate, all of that he can do at the spurr of the moment combined with his own mind. This isn't impossible for him to come up and make something like that immediately.

Part of why the Avengers couldn't see that coming was because they were still developing their dysfunctional teamwork and this all the more made it easier for Loki.

For what purpose? If he was really hoping to escape afterwards, then he would have either killed Cap or attempted to mind control him, neither of which he wanted to do here.

His pride. That is a strong part of his character. Thus, by trying to subdue Captain America showing he is superior, he wants him to kneel since the first thing Steve did was piss him off by reflecting his beam back at him.

And this really goes back, that he was in fact trying to beat him. What you do after you beat him is up to him, but people who don't try don't resort to full swings and could easily make a mockery of out the character he is fighting, but instead he was being mocked himself with Captain America continuously dodging, avoiding, and countering his strikes despite how much of a power difference they have.

What does them being less heavily armoured have to do with their speed?

You literally quoted me and I didn't make a point of them being heavily armored.

Those suits might be lighter and less durable, but they still have the same propulsion system as any other Iron Man suit and ought to be just as fast.

They also must be fast, given that Thor (who can fly at at least Mach 1) couldn't catch up with the Bot that stole the Sceptre before it reached Sokovia.

Weren't you trying to make out his combat speed and not his flight speed?

If Tony can put more power into his repulsors and thrusters, then he is by definition going to be faster when he bullrushes Thor.

He is fully capable of controlling his movements, hence I made the mention of "built in" speed. He is grabbing Thor and making full accurate punches/grabs, something that wouldn't be achieved if you had inferior reaction times. His reaction times does not change when he amps his suit since all it does is give his suit more power.

Wow. An example of Thor tanking an attack he would definitely be able to avoid if he wanted to.

Wow... why didn't he avoid it then? Its not like Iron Man was wasting his time right??

You do know what strafing is, right? You don't need to be a bullet-timer to see the bullets strafing the ground in front of you and jump to the side before the gunfire hits you.

At the speed its coming at them. You are assuming people can strafe over ten feet in an instant, while gunfire is coming at you covering a distance faarr faster than you can run from. Regular people can't dodge that.

It's not bullet-timing. Bullet-timing would involve avoiding bullets that are being fired directly at you after they've been fired, which obviously nobody in real-life could do.

Yeah its not bullet timing. I already said that so of course I know exactly what it is. I only question your standards.

Now if you can follow where my sarcasm was leading, even if your standard for "regular people" ( which is in fact superhuman ) is being able to cover a distance of over 10ft in a split second, they still aren't bullet timing.

Using your standard of regular people, they are faster than Thor but still not bullet timing. It doesn't sound funny when I have to explain it. Sigh...

Has he?

Again I refer you to this:

Hulk only has subsonic reaction times. Not so impressive as you make it out to be.

Except they haven't been shown fighting at the exact same pace.

Yes they have, exactly as it shown in every single Avengers movie.

And what does coordinating their attacks have to do with anything?

Means they were never meant to be faster than one another.

Thor threw the hammer before Pietro slowed down. Why else did Thor throw the hammer if not at QS? There was nothing else to hit in the vicinity.

He may have seen a glimpse of Quicksilver and aimed his hammer at someone he could never really hit. Someone who was fully capable of dancing in circles around his hammer seeing.

Except Cap wasn't throwing his shield at Pietro. He was throwing it at a bot.

Your claim was that he could "track" Quicksilver.

track: Means you can keep your eyes fixated at someone.

Captain America can catch as much as a glimpse of Quicksilver but that doesn't mean he can track him. Hence why this is useless at gauging Thor's speed.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: didnt see this reply.

Then what, can he even hurt Superman with lightning considering the disparity in power between the two.

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash below Spider-Man? Kek

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: Superman = Zod, their physiology is 100% comparable. A weakened Superman (beneath a fully powered Zod level) survived the gravity beam >>> Thor's lightning cloak.

Yet an untrained farmboy who had to also be weakened due to spending his whole life under lesser gravity defeated an experienced war general and a 7foot soilder. It's pretty obvious that supes isn't a regular kryptonian , he is likely stronger due have grown under a yellow sun or due to the codex.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triplek: You need to chill.

superman is not equal to zod , superman is enhanced by the codex.

The codex didn't enhance his physical stats, nothing of the sort was confirmed nor stated or even implied on screen.

Yet an untrained farmboy who had to also be weakened due to spending his whole life under lesser gravity defeated an experienced war general and a 7foot soilder.

So what? Zod had the upper hand throughout the entire fight. The end was a sort of a PIS-moment.

Edit:

It's pretty obvious that supes isn't a regular kryptonian

Neither is Zod.

he is likely stronger due have grown under a yellow sun or due to the codex.

The movie portrayed them as equals, rivals. It's pretty damn obvious.

Quetzal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: wait, do we count Aquaman’s Telekinesis and control over all of Ocean’s creatures (except the 6 kingdoms of Atlantis)

Or are we only qualifying His feats with his pure strength and trident?

And didn’t Mera push a Tsunami back?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Scarlet Witch should be in high tier, she also is >>> Hulk and Iron Man

Also BVS Wonder Woman >>> Pre Ragnarok Thor

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have ideas for where Captain Marvel should be?

X

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above Hela but below Doomsday

LorenzoDeSila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so wrong I expect he has changed his mind within this 8 months.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dbdb3c31507c
deactivated-5dbdb3c31507c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omniversal Tier

MCU Mysterio

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor seems too high. Lots of people in the high tier would beat him tbh

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graviton (Quake Absorbed) should be herald tier based on what we've seen from regular Graviton and the planet busting feat he got after absorbing Quake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dbe38e11d7b7
deactivated-5dbe38e11d7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ego is skyfather tier, considering the scope of his power.

Unarmed Thor and Aquaman don't belong in the same tier.

3 Stone Thanos is skyfather. Base is prolly herald. CM too. Graviton.

Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Enters

-Sees Ares at the same tier as Black Panther

-Proceeds to leave the thread.

It would be hard to make a worse list even trying to

Avatar image for deactivated-5f092c5f2ef5e
deactivated-5f092c5f2ef5e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos and Zod should be above Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f092c5f2ef5e
deactivated-5f092c5f2ef5e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would switch Thanos and Thor, tbh.

Zod should be higher.

Otherwise, good list.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This didn't age well.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, Ego and Hela should be lower

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther and Thor in the same tier LOL

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#185  Edited By heiqn

Totally Trash list, sorry for not being nice but I can't.

Prime Odin is stronger than Dormammu. Beating Surtur > Beating Dormammu I guess. Dormammu can solo entire Asgard with Surtur and Hela.

Thor can't even beat No Stone Thanos with Mjolnir + Stormbreaker, he is beating 3 stone Thanos now.

Superman and Doomsday are stronger than Hela, I will act like I didn't see this.

EG SW beat Thanos, she is one tier below him. I mean why?

Soooo many mistakes.

@rajjarsalt said:

This didn't age well.