MCU Yellowjacket/Darren Cross (Corey Stoll) is an underrated villain. (Article on Moviepilot)

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I found this article and I agree with most of it. Except for him being the MCU's best villain. I still liked Loki and Wilson Fisk more. But he is a really good villain portrayed by a great actor.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3468035

Thoughts?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree. Cross was incredibly generic. I mean, the man is basically a carbon copy of Obadiah Stane, and I didn't like Obadiah Stane either. Both of their motivations can be summed up with the word "money."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree on the love to hate part of his character and the fact that ppl have to get Loki out of their head when they watch a Marvel movie.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117  Online

He’s almost as bland and meh as Ronan and Malekith, only difference is his suit looked cooler. I don’t remember a damn thing about his character other than Yellow Jacket suit

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writer completely misses the point of a good villain. They don't have to be likeable/hateable, but they should have a clear motivation and character.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree. Cross was incredibly generic. I mean, the man is basically a carbon copy of Obadiah Stane, and I didn't like Obadiah Stane either. Both of their motivations can be summed up with the word "money."

This, plus he literally killed a baby sheep for absolutely no reason. He was a terrible villain.

KingHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a really average villain.

JanJuKBMa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Probably an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed Obadiah Stane a lot as a villain. And I don't think that money was all that was to their motivation. Obadiah was big and powerful but alway had to settle for second place (first with Howard then with Tony Stark) and Darren Cross had this close personal relation with Pym that turned from Pym being a father-figure and mentor to Cross usurping him as CEO not only because of money but also because of his obsession with the pym-particles and being lied to by Pym about them.

@thespartanb345t: I pretty much saw that in Cross.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Would have been a lot more interesting if Cross were the brother of Hank Pym’s Wife and he blamed Hank for the disappearance of his sister. That would have tied back into the main story better and gave the villian a more emotional arch. He could have wanted the tech to find his sister, but when Hank refused due to the tech being too dangerous. Cross could have went mad with rage and took things too far.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kevd4wg

I liked Obadiah, but I didn't love Cross he was ok, but not great. If you want a really good love to hate villain look at Dolorous Umbridge. You hate here with every fiber of your being and it feels amazing when she is beaten.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@janjukbma: I agree. I liked Obadiah alot and it was a bummer knowing he was going to become a villain eventually. Cross was a bit boring because they told us about his and Hank's relationship but didn't show much.

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is an okay villain. You understand what he was trying to do, as he was just blinded by money. But then he falls apart in the 3rd act when he is willing to kill a random family for no reason and mess with scott's family. Also his line "Your very existence is insulting" had no buildup and the two never really had any interactions until the 3rd act. He was insulting to him because he robbed some stuff? Kind of hypocritical when you realize he killed Frank in the bathroom just because he was a bit curious lol.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is an okay villain. You understand what he was trying to do, as he was just blinded by money. But then he falls apart in the 3rd act when he is willing to kill a random family for no reason and mess with scott's family. Also his line "Your very existence is insulting" had no buildup and the two never really had any interactions until the 3rd act. He was insulting to him because he robbed some stuff? Kind of hypocritical when you realize he killed Frank in the bathroom just because he was a bit curious lol.

Hank choosing Scott over him to be his successor. That was the whole reason he was pissed at him and went after his daughter

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yellowjacket is the worse.