#1 Edited by jball834 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

So jobbing Pre- homecoming Peter can easily defeat Falcon and Bucky

Easily takes down Giant Man as well

But loses to damn Cap in the most stupidiest way possible? no precog or awareness? Clear PIS!

#2 Posted by Royal_Warrior (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't beat Spider-Man, he just was able to get away

#3 Posted by jball834 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

@royal_warrior: He technically did beat him due to PIS, because one shield slam would've finished him but he was on a mission to get to the aircraft.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#4 Posted by blackspidey2099 (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but in Civil War Peter wasn’t really even trying to fight Cap. And Cap didn’t win, just trapped him and left. Homecoming Peter, on the other hand, would probably find the most ridiculous way to lose, because he was just an idiot.

#5 Edited by Watcher5000 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but in Civil War Peter wasn’t really even trying to fight Cap. And Cap didn’t win, just trapped him and left. Homecoming Peter, on the other hand, would probably find the most ridiculous way to lose, because he was just an idiot.

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#6 Edited by ITheManWithoutFearI (6523 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man fanboys will always find something to cry about.
He got his ass whooped.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#7 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (8951 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by jball834 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithemanwithoutfeari: Its just PIS, if Peter stopped him they wouldnt have got to the plane and what are you on about "he got his ass whopped", no he didnt he made Cap try hard.

#9 Posted by webinyoureye11 (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithemanwithoutfeari: Cap got in 2 hits and Spider-Man got in 1. How does that translates to an ass whooping?

#10 Posted by NeoGX45 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty consistent if you ask me. Peter did get rekt by mooks in Home coming

#11 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (6523 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh here they are :D

#12 Posted by Chris-Sama (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony said it himself cap coudlve easily ragdolled peter, but he was going easy on him.

Get over it, cap is a better/more skilled fighter.

#13 Posted by webinyoureye11 (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithemanwithoutfeari: so basically Spider-Man whooped half as much ass as cap did, but you can't admit it? You'd rather just insult people who question you?

#14 Edited by ITheManWithoutFearI (6523 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11 said:

@ithemanwithoutfeari: so basically Spider-Man whooped half as much ass as cap did, but you can't admit it? You'd rather just insult people who question you?

Getting - 50% of the hits in is actually really bad (-75% if you count dropping the jet-bridge onto his head). The only reason it dones't sound that bad is because 3 punches/kicks were thrown in total. But it was obvious that Cap could have landed another free shot, when Peter was trapped.
But the fact that Spider-Man had pre knowledge from Tony is the only reason he landed his 1 hit at all, so yes I personally think its an major ass whooping.

At least it looked like one to me.
I also don't think fanboy is an insult.

#15 Posted by Amcu (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

The inside of the airport was a better area for Peter to use his webbing and swing around. When he fought Cap he had to fight in a different way that was more suitable to Steve. On top of that Bucky didn't really have a way to fight Peter in the airport. I think he just threw that one object Peter while Peter was chasing Falcon. On top of that when he got captured he literally wasn't even fighting Peter he had just run over to protect Falcon and he got knocked over and than webbed up.

When Peter fought Cap, Steve had his shield which is a good defense against webbing. I also feel that Cap is somewhat more skilled than Bucky. Peter had to come to Steve and engage him in a more up close fight which isn't Peters strong suit.

I believe that Peter will pass Cap in Infinity War. I just think that so far he is just meant to be inexperienced and that allows him to lose to a very skilled opponent especially when the environment doesn't suit him. He is much stronger faster, more durable and probably faster than Steve. Just give him a little more time to learn how to fight.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#16 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9294 posts) - - Show Bio

CAP mopped the floor with him, without trying. Get over it, MCU Spider-Man sucks at his job.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#17 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter's 15 fighting the strongest most skilled fighter in the world he did pretty good though it's obvious Peter outclasses him in strength, speed, reflexes, and durability

#18 Edited by StrongTower7 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not PIS only because of the timing. Peter is still very inexperienced (not even a year's worth of experience) and he's up against freaking Captain America.

Thus, it's perfectly feasible. On the other hand, this is no indication of Cap actually being superior to Spider-Man in any way either lol.

Besides, it was Cap's movie.

#19 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone can't differentiate between PIS and "things that I don't like".

#20 Posted by jashro44 (44762 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man was able to beat Bucky because Bucky is pretty straight forward. While he isn't a skilless brute honestly he doesn't really display much tactics during his fights. Because peter was stronger than him, and his skill didn't compensate for Peter's spider-powers he was on the losing end.

Steve is just better than Bucky. Steve beating spider-man and bucky losing is just a testament to that. Steve beating Peter isn't PIS and I don't know why people are surprised.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#22 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by DSTREET45 (3844 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair Bucky and Peter barely fought. And Peter's only clean hit was when Bucky stepped in front of Sam.

#24 Posted by password65 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for lfrankthetank27
#25 Posted by lfrankthetank27 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Well Considering peter takes hits that can flip over a school bus multiple times, it’s kinda bs that cap can hurt and stun him.

#26 Posted by LDM (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

Must people make a thread for this ...

#27 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10276 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve was the more skilled fighter. Just about it really.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (44762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Well Considering peter takes hits that can flip over a school bus multiple times, it’s kinda bs that cap can hurt and stun him.

Spider-mans durability is usually like this in all forms of media. If I had to rationalize it I would say that there is just more to spider-mans durability. In the comics spider-man has a healing factor as well as "enhanced durability". Plus he uses his agility to roll with hits some times. I think all his powers come together to let him take hits above his weight class but at the same time he can be hurt by weaker enemies.

I don't know if the same applies to the MCU. As I said I am just speculating. Either way I don't think I would make a big deal about spider-man being hurt by cap.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10276 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by jashro44 (44762 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: I don't really know if Steve hurt T'challa. All we really saw was T'challa getting knocked around.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10276 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: That's all he did to Peter too anyway. Unless I missed something.

#32 Posted by AssertingValor (7977 posts) - - Show Bio

This Spider-Man has like no fighting skill

#33 Posted by Manchine (6048 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony said it himself cap coudlve easily ragdolled peter, but he was going easy on him.

Get over it, cap is a better/more skilled fighter.

#34 Posted by KingZod (2485 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't people grasped how the Russo have PIS'd (pun intended) all over MCU Cap? Overpowering T'challa? Get real

#35 Posted by rogueshadow (24918 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone can't differentiate between PIS and "things that I don't like".

#36 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9788 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you can chalk it up to PIS, but Parker’s still too green right now and is really just a kid...so it wasn’t that much of a stretch for me.

#37 Posted by lfrankthetank27 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Peter actually looked stunned. Like I said, I don’t think cap can replicate a punch capable of flipping over a 5 ton school bus, so... it’s still kinda bs.

#38 Posted by All-Father (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't.

Tony even said that Cap could have beaten him if he wanted to.

#39 Posted by webinyoureye11 (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

What was pis imo was Pete not webbing cap up the moment he had the chance. He literally webs up everyone else to the floor/wall the first chance he gets, yet when cap is on the floor sprawling, he just quips. Unlike what he did against falcon and Bucky, or any/everyone in homecoming

But cap beating him is isnt pis, just the way it happened was a little out of character for Pete.

#40 Posted by Solid_Snake97 (8730 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, MCU Spidey has little to no experience at the super hero gig, he's never fought any enhanced individuals prior to the events of Civil War and Homecoming,so I have no idea why people expect him to have no issue fighting a superhuman WW2 Veteran who's had more action in a day than Peter's had in his entire life.

#41 Edited by Gotoucanario (2849 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly when you take a look at his Homecoming feats the real PiS is Spidey beating those guys earlier if anything.

Falcon, Bucky (with smart moves/assasination) and Ant man all individually would've easily soloed Vulture and his crew lol.

#42 Posted by camilopezo (928 posts) - - Show Bio

This versión of Spiderman is WIMP.

#43 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@anthp2000: I don't really know if Steve hurt T'challa. All we really saw was T'challa getting knocked around.

As much as it pains me to admit this, I agree. There wasn't really any indication that BP was harmed by anything other than Wanda throwing him. That at least took him from the fight for a while (I time-stamped it once. I can't remember exactly but I think it was over a minute). I only recall a single grunt of pain coming from T'Challa and it was when he was struck by Bucky's arm.

That does not mean that T'Challa is physically superior though. It may very well be because of his seriously impressive suit. We won't know for sure until the BP movie.

Avatar image for ifrankthetank28
#44 Edited by Ifrankthetank28 (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@lfrankthetank27 said:

Spider-mans durability is usually like this in all forms of media. If I had to rationalize it I would say that there is just more to spider-mans durability. In the comics spider-man has a healing factor as well as "enhanced durability". Plus he uses his agility to roll with hits some times. I think all his powers come together to let him take hits above his weight class but at the same time he can be hurt by weaker enemies.

I don't know if the same applies to the MCU. As I said I am just speculating. Either way I don't think I would make a big deal about spider-man being hurt by cap.

Image result for shocker gif spider man homecoming

It is a big deal when Spidey gets completely blindsided and gets sent through an entire school bus and he is relatively unfazed. Since when did MCU Cap have the power to replicate hits like this?

Keep in mind these same shocker punches ragdoll 10 ton school buses like nothing.

Image result for shocker gif spider man homecoming

#45 Posted by Solid_Snake97 (8730 posts) - - Show Bio

@ifrankthetank28: you do know that Spider-Man’s durability has never been consistent right? At the end of the day he’s still a street level hero, so it makes sense that someone like Cap can faze him with a punch

#46 Posted by lfrankthetank27 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@solid_snake97: It’s been consistent enough in his showings in the MCU to the point where cap shouldn’t be able to hurt him.

#47 Posted by jojjimbo (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

@jball834: You know...I don't think the MCU Spidey has spider sense? or at least I haven't notice him displaying it, and maybe that's why he didn't use his precognition/awareness in his fight with Cap?