Mcu vs Dceu whose future looks better ?

• 114 results
Fanboy7mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Mcu vs Dceu whose future looks better ? (167 votes)

Mcu 78%
Dceu 22%

• 
BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU obviously as always

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU obviously as always

Financially and critically says otherwise

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: you forgot the capitals btw

And I usually measure something on quality. A concept foreign to a lot of people

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: what has more quality to you, justice league or infinity war and please give reasons for either

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kgb725
BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170: Justice League

Better story, action, villain, cinematography, acting. And heavily underestimated and over hated

Infinity War is all hype

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: how was stepphenwolf a better villian than thanos, just asking.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170: his motivations made sense to me. And his obsession with securing earth, and how it drove him mad was quite compelling

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: why did he want to secure earth. i just checked the script and all he said was ''mother''etc, nothing about why he wanted earth. Also did you demean thano's motivation in a previous post saying how people who liked his motivation was a ''genocide'' whilst stepphenwolf isnt exactly that different?

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170: he was a conqueror who failed

His first failure drove him mad. It’s the source of his obsession with Earth and the mother boxes

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: also why was he conquering. Darkseid was never mentioned so we have no relation to his comic counterpart motivation

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: Steppenwolf wasn’t obsessing over killing. He wanted to claim earth for Darkseid by using the boxes

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't matter anymore really. MCU won a long time ago. Even if they go to a decline for years to come its going to take the DCEU or whatever they call themselves now to catch up under any circumstance.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doesn't matter anymore really. MCU won a long time ago. Even if they go to a decline for years to come its going to take the DCEU or whatever they call themselves now to catch up under any circumstance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say the MCU has a better basis to start from. The DCEU will have to do a lot more leg work to catch up. But in general I’d say they both have good futures ahead of them. Albeit one easier than the other.

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU is headed down a dark path but isn’t the DCEU pretty much dead in the water anyways?

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU has a brighter future but also a more uncertain one. As fans, we don't know where their path leads to next but they already have a decade planned out.

The DCEU has heroes the public has loved for decades to play with and reintroduce and hopefully not screw up so their future, in all honesty, should be a bit easier to plan out. With that being said, the television version of a variety of their heroes does make things a little more complicated, but as long as they stick with the solo movie approach for a few more years (which we know they're not with suicide squad 2 and birds of prey) they should do okay.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cregan_Stark

DCEU and future? Don’t they need to fix their present product before we start looking toward the future?

Their movies are usually a complete mess, arguably their most iconic character changes actors every few years and their other most iconic character can’t seem to get solo movies to compete with middling MCU films.

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minorincon32: the directors already said that they have secret wars already in their plans for the future along with fantastic 4, norman, sinister six and dark avengers. I'd say their future is even better

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no DCEU. It has been dead for long time. They are making random solo movie with no solid connection other than some easter eggs. And they have no solid fanbase like MCU have created in 10 years

People saying Future is Dark. Lol people really don't how mediocre most Phase 1 and some phase 2 movies where

Kevin Feige knows talent when he see it. He just saw an action scene directed by Russos in community episode and brought them to direct Winter Soldier.

Brought in Edge Lord James Gunn who makes Rape and Pedo Jokes to direct a Disney movie.

And above all casting RDJ, a convicted junkie to start a cinematic universe, now that is the definition of insanity.

MCU future have never looked better especially considering they have deal with Sony for spiderman characters, Black Panther is a cultural phenomena, fantastic Four and their villains, Deadpool are gonna enter MCU and they still have X men as backup

Not to mention they can still bring Orginal Avengers back like they got infinity stones in Endgame if things truly go wrong as the last effort

The only way MCU fails is if WB or Fox executives replace Kevin Feige.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: Lmfao I’m going to assume you’re trolling because you can’t honestly believe anything you’ve been posting in this thread ??

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m excited for both. WODC has looked to create their own formula with the solo movies being badass.

The MCU has so many possibilities but if they keep up with the SJW crap I might be turned off. Also, they would have to continue without their OG’s. RDJ is the true star of this genre and we will be without him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m excited for both. WODC has looked to create their own formula with the solo movies being badass.

The MCU has so many possibilities but if they keep up with the SJW crap I might be turned off. Also, they would have to continue without their OG’s. RDJ is the true star of this genre and we will be without him.

What SJW crap

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's possible that MCU could run out of steam and it's also possible that the MCU could skyrocket once again

However I think it'll keep going strong.

DCEU seems waaay too uncertain and I don't think they have a very good future.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra:

Honestly the WODC has the potential to be a financial juggernaut.

Look at Aquaman and WW. Both incredible successes. SS was horseshit and was without the China market and was successful. BvS had it not been a good movie could have easily been pulled AoU numbers. They have the potential for sure and the characters. They just need to keep dabbling and find their formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without a strong base of batman and superman I don’t see DC ever catching up on the scale of IW and EG which is disappointing, they can still do good solo movies for the time being.

With FF, X-Men and the rest still to come Marvel has plenty in the tank.

DannyPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: Kevin Feige didn’t cast rdj, it was Sarah Finn. She’s casted literally every major mcu character. Give credit where it is due, although I see your point nonetheless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: Kevin Feige didn’t cast rdj, it was Sarah Finn. She’s casted literally every major mcu character. Give credit where it is due, although I see your point nonetheless.

Good point

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu future looks brighter, but imo dceu could have a better potential if done right from now on.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Mcu

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm gonna make a blog about this once the Phase 4 slate drops.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ArranVid

MCU is very overrated, I don't know why. The MCU is hardly faithful to the comics. At least the bashing on DCEU is consistent but then people overrate the MCU like it's the best thing since sliced bread...I'm looking at you Rotten Biased Tomatoes...plus people shouldn't read your reviews since I don't read any review.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920 said:

What SJW crap

In Homecoming the first few minutes immediately went on an irrelevant discussion about Native Americans and later this girl talked about not wanting to go into a building or something because it had a past connected to slavery (fair enough but why mention that in a movie? lol) smh SJW stuff.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm actually not so sure anymore.

The MCU is more interested in shoving agendas as opposed to making good movies(like they once did), and the DCEU is actually kinda interesting now(really liked Shazam!).

I'll still give the vote to MCU for the time being, but it can change anytime soon.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By Shinne

DCEU is getting rebooted, I don't see how it's supposed to to have that big of a future.

The new universe... Who knows? The one we know right now? Nope.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU is headed down a dark path but isn’t the DCEU pretty much dead in the water anyways?

This. All good things come to an end, eventually. RDJ was the MCU's soul. Larson has some rather large shoes to fill. But still, the MCU beat the odds each time a movie got out, with long-term planning and a strict discipline. They might still amaze us, but the formula begins to be visible.

On the other hand the DCEU reacts rather than pro-acts. They are visibly trying to catch up to the MCU by mimicking it somehow, and a lot feels improvised. There's little planned for the longer term, and one can feel a lack of cohesion when it's about a shared universe. However, their last movies were a step in the right direction.

By nature, the DC universe isn't as easy to "share" as the Marvel one, which was built on it. Until the DCEU produces a movie that will pro-actively change the way these films are made, MCU still has the lead, but its advance diminishes while the DCEU gets better. I think we may be on the brink of a change here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From now on? I mean, DCEU really can't possible go more downhill can it?

MCU is done.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Supermanthor

@ready_4_madness said:

I’ll take Batman, New Gods, Wonder Woman, Aquaman & Black Adam over Black Widow, Eternals, Black Panther, Captain Marvel & Dr. Strange any day.

5 years ago i bet 70 to 75 % people would also pick the same including me

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna make a blog about this once the Phase 4 slate drops.

Tag me for this!

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers