MCU Thor high end feats

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are these feats legit in your opinion or wank/misunderstood?

Thor easily survived the Bifrost explosion which caused a wormhole capable of drawing in stars in Thor 2011 movie final battle scene.

Loki survived going through the same wormhole.

Thor survived the destruction of a ship that passed through a singularity in Ragnarok when Thanos blew it up in IW.

Thor took hits from Malekith with Aether who was going to turn multiple galaxies into dark matter in a short amount of time (seemingly minutes) in Dark World.

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely wank if people genuinely believe those and claim that Thor is Universal/Multiversal.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

No those feats were meant to be cool scenes visually. The proof for this being the case is MCU fight scenes are always street level in appearance.

Any high end feat for the MCU stems from them wanting the fights to be visually interesting. I don’t count any feat from the MCU that isn’t shown to be consistent. Therefore I do count Carol and Wanda’s feats because they are consistently shown to be incredibly powerful, while Thor is consistently powerful as well, the ring feat is an obvious outlier and cannot be used as a feat anywhere as a durability or a strength feat. (It shouldn’t be used as a durability feat because he’s consistently harmed by people that aren’t anywhere close to star level)

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Starsprime3

@emmafrostxmen: @theomnidoctor:

theomnidoctor:

How could one conclude that these feats are universal/multiversal even with wank?

-------------

emmafrostxmen:

From my memory, Thor was harmed by:

Thanos

Hulk

Ultron

2012 Iron Man

Malekith with Aether

Featless Sakaaran technology

Why wouldn't they just scale to Thor's feats though, maybe besides 2012 Iron Man?

Street level appearance could be a directorial choice, no? Hulk destroyed a Leviathan in 2012 and shook the ground in Incredible Hulk and AOU but his fight with Thanos appeared street level.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: none of those characters scale because they don’t have a single feat near the ring feat. It would be an outlier for everyone in their universe so thus it’s an outlier for Thor as well

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely wank if people genuinely believe those and claim that Thor is Universal/Multiversal.

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's also "Thor threw Stormbreaker and it overpowered a beam from a Full IG, therefore Thor is multiversal."

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Starsprime3

@emmafrostxmen:

I wasn't talking about the ring feat, I should have been more clear, I was talking about the feats I listed above, sorry. I was talking in terms of striking strength, not lifting.

But still, in regards to the ring feat, if we compare other characters to that feat:

Thanos: Thor was overpowered by Thanos, why wouldn't Thanos scale?

Professor Hulk: He had trouble lifting rubble after a few minutes and after being greatly weakened from IG, but he doesn't scale to anyone, unless you use the deleted scene in which he (before being weakened by IG obviously) beats Cull, who scales to Hulkbuster, which seemingly overpowered a weakened Thanos but that's kinda wonky scaling due to these reasons:

* Cull vs Professor Hulk is a deleted scene, which means it may not be canon and/or represent director's final intent since it was removed.

* Thanos was weakened when he was overpowered by Hulkbuster and it was apparently said by the directors that he didn't fight back.

* Professor Hulk was greatly weakened after using the IG.

Scarlet Witch: She had trouble with the weight of a building IIRC and containing an explosion but that was back in Civil War. She appears to have gotten stronger since she held back those giant wheels without any/much trouble.

Also, just because characters didn't perform feats anywhere close to the ring feat level doesn't mean they can't scale to it, that's how scaling works after all (unless they have explicitly condradictory feats).

But I might be missing something, as I said, I wasn't originally talking about the ring feat.

AniaChomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are these feats legit in your opinion or wank/misunderstood?

Thor easily survived the Bifrost explosion which caused a wormhole capable of drawing in stars in Thor 2011 movie final battle scene.

1. Yes it is impressive but more from way bifrost itself channels powers capable of piercing through planet energy beam what was said if u leave it for hour or more u will destroy the world

2. If u see stars "moving" i doesn't have to be draining star. Wormhole as u said it is sth what bends electromagnetic waves from 400-700nm wavelenght.

Loki survived going through the same wormhole.

I believe this is powerhouse feat but not clear

Thor survived the destruction of a ship that passed through a singularity in Ragnarok when Thanos blew it up in IW.

Maybe passed but that was off screen so we don't how how it passed. Or Valkirie ( pet of Grandmaster )was wrong that only his ship is durable enough to pass through. Yes powerhouse feat and underrated but also this is likely Thor's limits because Thor passed out and was badly injured. Because Thor, Valkirie and Bruce passed out while even entering Devil's Anus. But collapsing neutron star ( sth like that sounds impressive ). not saying mass of Neutron star but sth that lvl of power

Thor took hits from Malekith with Aether who was going to turn multiple galaxies into dark matter in a short amount of time (seemingly minutes) in Dark World.

It was just scary vision of Jane, that feat is only possible with convergence ( as we know 9 realms are planets located in distant galaxies joint by Yggdrasil ). Also Selvig said Malekith will activate full force during complete convergence. but CGI might be tricky still believe it is power house feat but not clear

AniaChomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: none of those characters scale because they don’t have a single feat near the ring feat. It would be an outlier for everyone in their universe so thus it’s an outlier for Thor as well

Every verse has own outliers. Believe me i have just read Smallville all Season 11 comicbooks and really Smallville Superman's feat of lifting Apocalypse planet is simple giant outlier as he has so much jobbing moments ( and some senseless ones not mentioning that those comics do not even follow realistic physics ) like making himself bleed fighting one Monitor and next this monitor dies by f*cking stab of Earthly not magic or not cosmis/dimensional amped scrap of metal. I just really lost respect.

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Starsprime3

@aniachomik:

"2. If u see stars "moving" i doesn't have to be draining star. Wormhole as u said it is sth what bends electromagnetic waves from 400-700nm wavelenght."

I'm not sure what you mean with this argument. That the light was getting bent which made the illusion of the stars moving? I'm not an expert on electromagnetic waves etc. but it didn't look like the light was getting bent, it just looked like the stars were straight up getting sucked in toward the wormhole. The wormhole also wasn't draining the stars of course but as I said, it did appear to phsyically suck in dozens of stars at the same time.

I can't argue with other points tbh since it's been a while since I've watched the movies.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: no the ring feat is obviously an outlier for Thor. If it’s an outlier it can’t be used as a feat and therefore no character can scale off of it.

It’s an outlier because ring feat >>>>>>>>>>>> Thor’s second best feat

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Starsprime3

@emmafrostxmen: @aniachomik:

aniachomik: For the Aether Malekith feat, I found this dialogue:

"Jane Foster: Malekith is going to fire the Aether at a spot where all the nine worlds are connected.

Erik Selvig: Amplifying the weapon's impact. With each additional world, the power will increase exponentially. The effect would be universal."

It seems this debunks the Malekith feat. Although one could possibly argue that Thor still resisted being turned into dark matter.

emmafrostxmen:

How is it an outlier? It is only an outlier if it condradicts his other showings, for example if he failed to lift something that weights less more often than not but he never had that IIRC.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nn5  Online

If these statements are taken 100 % seriously (e.g. actual full force of the star, whatever it means) or unquantifable feats (singularity, wormhole, etc.) are highballed, then these are outliers. Otherwise, no.

AniaChomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qw5_YA8iE

This makes impression black holes make star spinning at quadrilion ftl speed. Visually as u see. This is space bending because light cannot escape black hole. So as with wormhole u can see light from other part of universe. If u have seen interstellar movie, watch this ( but also in the same movie human can tank black hole so this could be sth weird ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69EUgdj7lzI

On VS Battle Wiki some people tries to say DR Strange of MCU can with finger create stars. But if u see just white spot on the sky it doesn't have to be star at all

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: firstly Thor got dazed by a ball hitting the window which obviously is massively below the star feat

Secondly, it does contradict several strength showings. Thor was getting beaten by Ultron who is obviously not able to perform the ring feat at all. Thor literally has no feat close to the forge feat

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Starsprime3

@aniachomik:

But in that black hole video, light was clearly getting bent, it looked like the stars were lenghtening. In the Bifrost scene, no such thing happened, the stars seemed to be getting physically sucked in without any light bending. This seems to me like it implies that the Bifrost wasn't a case of light getting bent but that the stars were legitimately getting sucked in.

As for the Doctor Strange thing, directors confirmed that Dr. Strange indeed hid the stone in a star but still it seems to me like the star was already there before Dr. Strange teleported the Time Stone to Titan, although it's kind of hard to see due to changing perspectives.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dam how many outliers can one man have?

——-

Bifrost break/explosion

Black hole grenade save

Sakovia explosion

Nidaviler ring lift

Star forge blasting him

^^^^^

All major plot points.

——-

How many outliers can one man have?

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Starsprime3

@emmafrostxmen: A ball thrown by Thor himself so...

As for Ultron, why is that a condradictory feat? Because Ultron couldn't lift Sokovia by himself? Assuming Ultron had the strength to lift Sokovia and if he tried doing that, his hands would just go through dirt and he wouldn't be able to lift the entire landmass since his volume isn't big enough to do that. In fact, since the movie establishes that the Vibranium machine was holding the landmass together and that it would fall apart without that machine, my reasoning is consistent with the logic of this specific movie at least. Also, were the rings bigger than Sokovia landmass? I doubt it (although it was said that they are moon sized by someone involved in the IW movie IIRC). Furthermore, I don't recall any anti feats from Ultron in his Vibranium body in the strength department. Even if you were right (I don't think you are), this is just one anti feat from back in 2015.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Lan_Fan

Tanking MFTL bifrost, busting Sokovia, and of course... Star level Thor.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: Okay let me ask you...does he have any feat close to the forge feat??? No, I rest my case

It’s a ball. According to the star feat Thor’s strength is in the millions of tons. The ball would have popped if it was truly thrown by someone that strong

Starsprime3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Starsprime3

@emmafrostxmen:

The ball would have popped normally, yes but then fiction often ignores such things, why wasn't the ground damaged when say 616 Thing and Hulk fought each other? When characters are lifting huge weights, why don't their feet often sink into the ground? Is 616 concrete super durable? Why didn't say the metal beam get destroyed when 616 Hulk hit Abomination with it, even though Abomination was hurt by it?

Thor or the others don't have any other feats close to the Forge feat but they don't have any notable anti feats condradicting it either AFAIK, thus it's not an outlier. The only one that could truly condradict this scene is Thanos seemingly having trouble lifting Hulk's deadweight which is like a few tons at best but that seems like an outlier to me since in the same scene he curbstomped Hulk who is above a few tons of strength and overpowered Thor who did the ring feat in the same exact movie, so Thanos struggling to lift Hulk would be the odd one out in this case.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t take the black hole feats seriously but surviving Uru-melting heat, moving those rings, and a city level explosion are all good in my book.

It’s also funny how far people go to lowball Thor (and MCU in general).

“Thor weak cuz he got beat by people whoz only feat being stronger than him”

“Full force of a star = barely building level”

“Ball knock over Thor, I’m not saying he is, but I’ll imply he’s ball level”

Then you’ll have omnidoctor ignore this and complain for the 500th time about universal storm breaker wank from some troll from 6 months ago as if those views are common

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

Thor was punch drunk and bloodied after three weak sauce hits that weren't even breaking the rubble behind him:

No Caption Provided

No way were Thanos' punches star level.

As Emma has pointed out, this is an outlier. No way would the same guy who was taken out by a freaking taser net be capable of withstanding the full force of an actual star. The star and ring feats would make Thor a multi-million tonner and in that case, how were Ultron, Hulk and Thanos able to overpower him? Heck, even Iron Man was able to grapple with him in Avengers 1.

It doesn't change the fact that a BALL knocked him over and hurt him. It doesn't make him ball level, but it does definitively make him NOT star level.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123:

if they didn’t break the rubble what level are those punches? They don’t have to be star level, those punches KO’d him while the star burnt him to a crisp and left him near dead

It’s alien tech. Unquantifiable. Those guys were able to overpower him because they’re stronger than him. That’s literally Ultron and Thanos’s best feat and Hulk has never shown a limit to cap him below the ring feat. Iron Man is a fair example but Thor was weakened at the time and holding back

He wasn’t even looking at it and he was not hurt. Are we gonna say Superman’s definitely not nuke level because a man tackled him to the ground or a falling car knocked him on his ass? I can’t believe anyone’s actually using a split second moment played for comedy to lowball Thor. It’d be fairer to use Sokovia KO’ing him or his superiors getting hurt by continental level energy.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like a wank thread

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thor is nowhere near star level , dude . No character in the MCU besides Dormammu is on that level .

Although, the amount people are lowballing Thor here is shocking . He has been shown to have city - country level durability consistently .

And Thanos' punches didn't break rocks because ( as even Emma put it ) that is not the Russo's directorial style . Even Carol's punches were barely moving Thanos and Hulk was not moving much due to Thanos' punches again . But , that is to show the relative power levels between the characters . Pushes and taps from Thanos send Cap flying and nearl kill him while Thor , while still bloodied and hurt , mostly absorbs those hits and doesn't move much . Similarly for the Hulk , even less so than Thor. Iron Man lies somewhere in between Cap and Thor .Wanda , who was a normal human , was sent flying like a pinata by a slight touch from Thanos.

All of this is to a show the relative power levels between the characters . The Russos also rely on SFX and the loudness of the hits delivered by the characters . As Cap's full leg swing against Thanos makes a tapping sound while Hulk's punches make tremendous booms as do Thanos' and Carol's punches . The Russos make use of statements and durability feats as well .

AniaChomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aniachomik:

But in that black hole video, light was clearly getting bent, it looked like the stars were lenghtening. In the Bifrost scene, no such thing happened, the stars seemed to be getting physically sucked in without any light bending. This seems to me like it implies that the Bifrost wasn't a case of light getting bent but that the stars were legitimately getting sucked in.

But u are right but then visually they were just standing then as nothing happened. Logically they should be sent flying at mtfl+ but were then sticking in the one place. It wasn't confirmed to be the black hole or even it's properties. In Avengers prelude it as confirmed to be normal wormholes and this wormhole hasn't any explained properties.

Wormhole survivng could be powerhouse feat but not gonna put it on black hole lvl or even quantify it

As for the Doctor Strange thing, directors confirmed that Dr. Strange indeed hid the stone in a star but still it seems to me like the star was already there before Dr. Strange teleported the Time Stone to Titan, although it's kind of hard to see due to changing perspectives.

ahh ok u explained me

Dam how many outliers can one man have?

——-

Bifrost break/explosion

I admit this could be at least country lvl feat scaling to neutro Star

Black hole grenade save

Loki actually was very far from centre bu this could be massively supersonic speed hat could be consistent

Sakovia explosion

I admit this is at very least Island lvl to much higher ( as withstood shattering of Vibranium core )

Nidaviler ring lift

I admit this is teraton-pettaton lvl of force power

Star forge blasting him

That why i consider Thor most powerful avenger

^^^^^

All major plot points.

——-

How many outliers can one man have?

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don’t take the black hole feats seriously but surviving Uru-melting heat, moving those rings, and a city level explosion are all good in my book.

It’s also funny how far people go to lowball Thor (and MCU in general).

Then you’ll have omnidoctor ignore this and complain for the 500th time about universal storm breaker wank from some troll from 6 months ago as if those views are common

I don't necessarily agree that he could actually take a city level explosion if he was at the epicenter of it, but this is pretty well said.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

if they didn’t break the rubble what level are those punches?

Way below star level.

It’s alien tech. Unquantifiable.

Are you saying that some random scavengers on a backwater planet like Sakaar have tech that dishes out more power than a "neutron star"? LMAO.

Those guys were able to overpower him because they’re stronger than him.

Except none of them have the feats to suggest that they would be capable of replicating those star and ring feats. Jobbertron's best strength feat is throwing a random pillar lol.

Can you really see Jobbertron moving those rings?

Hulk has never shown a limit to cap him below the ring feat.

Except he struggled to lift a Humvee in TIH and was at his limit holding up some rubble in EG that Scott then easily broke out of.

Again, can you see Hulk replicating those outlier feats from IW?

Iron Man is a fair example but Thor was weakened at the time

*Sigh*

Dude, those tie-in comics directly contradict stuff from the movies. They are of dubious canonicity at best.

He wasn’t even looking at it and he was not hurt.

He was floored. But I guess he was weakened and holding back, right?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123:

Have you read plant HULK?

Those sakkarann obedience disks are a plot device....a plot device to partial deposed heroes.

No Caption Provided

In the comic planet hulk these things could even control the silver surfer.

---------

Its not more power than a neutron star or more power than the Harald of Galctus.....its a mugguffin, a plot device...

AniaChomik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Yeah that why i don't underestimate obedience disks. Idk how they work are those magical energy or dimesnional onergy or nanites. But they are that strong. Grandmaster in comics is just that strong.