MCU Thanos durability feat

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The most emotional Scarlet Witch was capable of cracking Thanos's vibranium+ blade in just a few seconds (and she also bent Ultron's ribcage when she was much weaker) with her TK, yet she fails to crush Thanos or even break his bones in the same instance.

Thanos > Vibranium

Thanos > his own sword

Agree?

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was doing it slowly.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol you think he's more durable than his own armor. How stupid.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: Easily. His armor got scratched by Stormbreaker, while his sword could block Stormbreaker. I've shown he is above the sword so he is also above the armor

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: Easily. His armor got scratched by Stormbreaker, while his sword could block Stormbreaker. I've shown he is above the sword so he is also above the armor

How stupid are you? Thanos is not above uru. It's common sense enough when he's been shown taking damage from uru multiple times along with having his head freaking chopped off but somehow that's superior durability to metal being scratched by a material that's just as strong.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther is above Thanos durability as he took no damage from a sword that's equal to Stormbreaker in hardness, and stormbreaker decaped Thanos.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

Black Panther is above Thanos durability as he took no damage from a sword that's equal to Stormbreaker in hardness, and stormbreaker decaped Thanos.

Why is his sword equal to SB? Iirc be blocked SB at the hilt, not the head/blade.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: @kryptonianking88:

Hes not that wrong tbh Thanos is likely only weaker to Uru blades than the armour -

Cap with Mjolnir broke the helmet.

Caps lightning cracked open the chest plate armour.

Wanda ripped the armour apart.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon:

Scarlet Witch cracked Thanos's sword which is shown to be equal to Uru

She was easily ripping apart his armor

She failed to break his bones or crush him

His bones are therefore comparable to the sword material. His skin is obviously below that

Black Panther wears a thin vibranium weave

Thanos has already casually poked a hole through Vision's vibranium forehead

Scarlet Witch, again, failed to break him even though she could bend the much thicker Ultron's chest at a weaker power level

Thanos > Vibranium

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he isn't more durable than armor & sword, at least not in piercing durability. The armor deflected SB strike while Thanos got cut by it like butter.

SW not instantly killing Thanos is either her wanting to make him suffer or her using too much power on breaking the sword (and being unable to perform such a strong attack again quickly).

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He pushed his fingers through vision with no difficulty

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Juicers

SB/Thanos' Sword > Thanos' Armor >> Thanos' Skin

Thor was able to cut Thanos' head in one quick swing of SB, while he can only do scratches to his armor.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers: SB is above Thanos armor or sword the blade blocked the handle made of groot

People really believe that if Thanos stood still and Thor hit him with the axe his armor would tank it? Cos that ain't true and if you are more durable than ur armor why wear it in the first place?

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and if you are more durable than ur armor why wear it in the first place?

For extra protection.

616 Thanos is also more durable than his armor.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By a8612152

Thanos is likely more durable than his armor, otherwise Scarlet Witch should kill him in seconds and it would mean Worthy Cap could crack his skull easily despite being physically weaker. And Stormbreaker only grazed his armor because Thanos was trying to dodge it, and it still left a mark.

So i think we can scale his durability to higher than any Uru and Vibranium.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bayman007

yet she fails to crush Thanos or even break his bones in the same instance.

This sort of implies that she was unable to. When in fact she was about to crush him... until he started to cry like the little biatch he is.

In a 1 v 1, in the same situation, he is toast.

Edit: Taken from the script.

ACROSS THE FIELD...WANDA LIFTS THANOS IN TO THE AIR, RIPS HIS ARMOR OFF IN PIECES, THEN SLAMS HIM BACK TO THE GROUND. Thanos groans, outmatched.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88: Only Visions' skin is vibranium and even then it's just a mesh. Scarlet Witch was torturing Thanos taking it nice and slow.

Stop trying.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would someone even bother to wear armour if he/she is more durable than the aforementioned armour. Kinda defeats it's purpose, doesn't it?

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would someone even bother to wear armour if he/she is more durable than the aforementioned armour. Kinda defeats it's purpose, doesn't it?

No? Layers is a thing. If you're more durable than steel but have steel armor...now the attack has to penetrate steel AND your skin.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King:

Still not clear. Why would i need a bulletproof vest if my skin and my flesh is bulletproof. Wearing armour will only hamper my mobility and make me slow. Layers don't make any sense.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarkDementor101

@deltahuman: would you rather have him come to the final battle naked?

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King:

Still not clear. Why would i need a bulletproof vest if my skin and my flesh is bulletproof. Wearing armour will only hamper my mobility and make me slow. Layers don't make any sense.

In case of an armor piercing round that might penetrate your skin, but not both the vest and your skin. It's literally extra protection.

And I personally rather be alive and slow than dead and quick/armor-less.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't say the sword would be equal to stormbreaker, but it's up there seeing what it can do to Cap's shield.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King:

That's not what I meant in my original post. Regardless of any round used, if my body is more durable/resistant than any bulletproof vest or armour that I'm wearing than wearing it makes no sense at all. It will only hamper my mobility in CQC. This is implying the notion that my body is more resistant to any armour piercing weapon than the armour itself.

If Thanos is more durable than the material used to construct his armour then wearing that armour for protection makes no sense. It's redundant. The armour serves no purpose other than being just a cool outfit. Might as well stop calling it an armour.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Knowledge_King:

That's not what I meant in my original post. Regardless of any round used, if my body is more durable/resistant than any bulletproof vest or armour that I'm wearing than wearing it makes no sense at all. It will only hamper my mobility in CQC. This is implying the notion that my body is more resistant to any armour piercing weapon than the armour itself.

If Thanos is more durable than the material used to construct his armour then wearing that armour for protection makes no sense. It's redundant. The armour serves no purpose other than being just a cool outfit. Might as well stop calling it an armour.

But you're wrong. Armor always serves a purpose. For instance, most armor piercing rounds stop at 1 plate of armor. So if you were wearing armor AND had bulletproof skin, it would not pierce the skin. If you just had bulletproof skin, it'd do it's job and pierce you, which means possibly killing you.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above Uru.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers