#201 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Yea true without her sword she didn't impress me much and when sparring with Danny couldn't even come close to touching him, plus she got tagged by two of her own students without her sword in the compound.

Yea I'd probably reconsider where I put her in my list tbh she's still good but most of her best stuff is with her sword

#202 Edited by AngelJax (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: People are making a case for Colleen being low master tier, which I could see but she needs more feats for her to be a definite Master.

As of now, I think she'd loose to Daisy but would beat Hawkeye and Elektra placing her 3rd or 2nd in the Elite Tier.

Although, I do think Colleen would beat Widow in unarmed combat if that counts for something.

#203 Posted by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio
#204 Posted by AngelJax (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: Those kids were her former students. They were good enough to win cage fights and considering that they know Colleen and trained with her, them tagging her is to be expected.

#205 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: tbh I think Daisy could maybe be bumped up to bottom of master tier

#206 Edited by AngelJax (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: Me too, I expect her to by the end of Season 4. But she's at the top of Elite, it's borderline which I think is acceptable for now.

#207 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Yea I think what's hard to judge about everyone's skill in Iron Fist is that most of the characters are trained in martial arts and even the "fodder" are not normal fodder compared to what we've seen

#208 Posted by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Fair points. I say we reevaluate Daisy at the end of the season.

#209 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, just finished watching Iron Fist, here's my take on their skill levels.

Danny is quite possibly the most skilled martial artist around now in the MCU, Gao's mastery of Chi is undoubtedly superior, but as a martial artist, powers aside, there's no competition there. Lei Kung is most assuredly Danny's superior as a martial artist AND chi user, but these 2 characters we can't really judge yet, so i'll leave them out of the way.

Aside from Danny, who was the most skilled, Zhao Cheng showed the best prowess IMO, he only had 1 fight, but it so happens to have been Danny's most challenging one. I would have placed Davos above him from what he showed in the Hand base, and even when didn't perform as well in the hall fight, I think he was completely unharmed in all of his appearances except for his fight with Danny, which showed him to be clearly below, and not as much of a challenge as Zhao (though an argument could be made that Iron Fist was "caught off-guard" by Zhao's drunken fist, while he knows Davos' style perfectly). Both are easily above Matt and Nobu.

After these 3 comes Coleen, and considering her fight with Bakuto she's comfortably in the master tier, yes, she's not as good without a sword, but thats her fighting style, we don't judge how good Steve is without his shield. I rank her below Stick, but much above Daisy.

The only relevant fighter left is Bakuto. I'm not really sure where to place him, he's not bad, but not that good either, lower part of master I guess, but i might be underrating him a bit, mainly because of having been beaten by Coleen.

#210 Posted by FirstOlympian (694 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep seeing people mention the brass knuckle guy for Iron Fist. Danny thought the guy was coming over to help him look for the files, that's the only reason he was really caught off guard.

That fight was poorly edited though...

#211 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at Harold Meachum at the top tier.

Avatar image for darknight117mc_
#212 Posted by DarKnight117MC_ (319 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

If Harold is Grandmaster level, shouldn't Kyle, Harold's assistant, be just below him? After all, Harold was unable to kill him until he exerted himself quite a bit. Harold also had to use a weapon.

#214 Edited by Just_Banter (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik_soong said:

If Harold is Grandmaster level, shouldn't Kyle, Harold's assistant, be just below him? After all, Harold was unable to kill him until he exerted himself quite a bit. Harold also had to use a weapon.

Harold also had a stat advantage and caught him by surprise. Despite that, at the end of their fight, from the dialogue, Harold couldn't even believe he won. I'd place Kyle ahead of Harold based on that.

#215 Edited by bflynn316 (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Awesome thread, thank you for making this! One question though, why is Harold at the top tier? I'd only place him in four, or maybe even five.

@erik_soong@just_banter Well to be fair Kyle is by far the most powerful character in the MCU.

#216 Posted by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Awesome thread, thank you for making this! One question though, why is Harold at the top tier? I'd only place him in four, or maybe even five.

I just put him there as a joke.

#217 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Harold as grandmaster he had all those years training on that punch bag of course he's the most skilled in mcu

#218 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: What is Harold Meachum doing in the Grandmaster tier ?? He did nothing impressive (note that I´m on episode 10, so I´m still missing three episodes).

#219 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik_soong said:

Harold also had a stat advantage and caught him by surprise. Despite that, at the end of their fight, from the dialogue, Harold couldn't even believe he won. I'd place Kyle ahead of Harold based on that.

So it's agreed then that the real top 5 are:

1. Harold's assistant Kyle

2. Harold

3. That one guy that bested Danny in the records room

4. Ward

5. Madame Gao

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#220 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter said:
@erik_soong said:

2. Harold

4. Ward

5. Madame Gao

I think it's also very important to consider the huge weapon advantage Harold had when debating his fight with Kyle. He had an entire ice-cream scooper to work with, while Kyle was completely unarmed. I think if we hook Kyle up with say, a ladle or a spatula, that fight could've gone very differently.

#221 Posted by Just_Banter (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919: Yeah, on top of all the other advantages Harold had, he also went out of his way to lull Kyle into a false sense of security as well. He had it planned out for ages, and manipulated it so that Kyle was in the worst possible position. The sheer fact that Harold (a grandmaster) was forced to go to such lengths, and even then was amazed that he'd actually killed Kyle more than speaks to his ridiculous level of skill.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#222 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: I'm not even convinced Kyle didn't let Harold win either. A nice guy like Kyle probably felt bad for letting Harold's years of plotting and training to usurp his mega-grandmaster position go to waste, so he did the noble thing and threw the fight.

#223 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter said:
@erik_soong said:

2. Harold

4. Ward

5. Madame Gao

Tbf I think those top 4 might need a new tier called super grandmaster because I think they're on another tier to Gao their showings put her to shame

#224 Posted by Just_Banter (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919: That's possible. He knew that Harold was a bit unstable and has killed before, yet he still provoked him by asking about Vanilla Ice Cream. Perhaps Kyle thought that it was his time to go.

#225 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by Just_Banter (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Several of us are in agreement that Kyle should be on top of the grandmaster tier. Read the last couple posts for the reasons.

#227 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: this adds up as that he was constantly provoking Harold like when he was saying sorry because he knew it annoyed Harold he wanted Harold to get really angry and kill him and Harold even got angry enough to get his belt out but I think he got too scared knowing Kyle's skill so backed out to Kyle's disappointment

#228 Edited by Just_Banter (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: So he was one of those characters who is among the best in the verse but only wants to die. He's like the Kaido of the MCU.

#229 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: he must have a tragic backstory, the most skilled warrior in the mcu but he refuses to use his power so others can feel better about themselves

"Why's he not fighting back dad?"

"Because he needs to die"

"why?"

"because he's the hero the mcu deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

#230 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie: @thorthunder98: @rogueshadow: Madame Gao being a part of The Hand came out of nowhere, maybe I missed it but it should have been implied she was part of it in Daredevil but it was quite the contrary, both seasons of Daredevil made it seem like Gao had an organization of her own and the only one of Wilson Fisk´s council who even knew about the Hand´s existence was Nobu.

I find it very unlikely and a big case of bad writing that someone in the position of Wilson Fisk didn´t know about the existence of The Hand, Fisk is supposed to be at the very top of the food chain in the criminal world, yet he didn´t know about the Hand whereas mere corporates and business men are allies with them.

Also, why would Davos and Joy want to kill Danny ?? It doesn´t make sense, it seemed like Davos is working for Madame Gao with that final scene.

Speculation as to what happened with K´un Lun ?? Do you think this plot will be a part of The Defender or will it be glossed over ??

#231 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: I can't remember but I think I always was under the impression she was with the hand although DD was a long time ago

Idk Joy's thing seemed like a big character turn around for me that didn't make much sense tbh, idk about Davos working with Gao he still programmed to hate the hand I think she was just listening maybe she turns them to her side though

I don't actually have a clue what might've happened to it like how can a whole place disappear like that must be something to do with the hand if it was attacked maybe Bakuto. But it does just show Davos and everyone at Kun Lun was right and Danny was selfish to abandon his post and leave Kun Lun unprotected he was acting like nothing was gonna happen and he was in the right but he just wasn't

#232 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: What do you think about the bit of Wilson Fisk ?? Someone in his position should be very well aware of the Hand´s existence.

#233 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Yea I'm not sure maybe he was just too focused on his stuff idk I need to rewatch DD S1 still been too long I can't remember how they interacted properly

#234 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio
#235 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: What do you think about the bit of Wilson Fisk ?? Someone in his position should be very well aware of the Hand´s existence.

Fisk did seem to be afraid of Nobu, and put up with more questioning and backtalk from Nobu then he did from any of his other sub-bosses. At one point I remember Wesley asking Fisk why he put up with Nobu when he had the Russians killed for less. It's never explicitly stated, but it seems likely that he was aware of the Hand.

#236 Edited by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

@uugieboogie: @thorthunder98: @rogueshadow: Madame Gao being a part of The Hand came out of nowhere, maybe I missed it but it should have been implied she was part of it in Daredevil but it was quite the contrary, both seasons of Daredevil made it seem like Gao had an organization of her own and the only one of Wilson Fisk´s council who even knew about the Hand´s existence was Nobu.

I find it very unlikely and a big case of bad writing that someone in the position of Wilson Fisk didn´t know about the existence of The Hand, Fisk is supposed to be at the very top of the food chain in the criminal world, yet he didn´t know about the Hand whereas mere corporates and business men are allies with them.

Also, why would Davos and Joy want to kill Danny ?? It doesn´t make sense, it seemed like Davos is working for Madame Gao with that final scene.

Speculation as to what happened with K´un Lun ?? Do you think this plot will be a part of The Defender or will it be glossed over ??

• I thought this too, but a couple of people I've spoken to online and in real life seem to have expected it so I'll have to rewatch S1 for clues, but they seemed completely disconnected. The only thing I can think of is that Nobu was either completely unaware of here role within/against the Hand, indicating he was perhaps not that powerful within their ranks, or that the two were working together in some capacity behind Kingpin's back. Though considering she is a rogue faction of the Hand I don't know how that could be the case.
  • Fisk knew about Nobu. When Wesley pushed him on why he bent to their commands despite them bringing absolutely nothing to the table he said that he considered Nobu a 'necessary evil' IIRC. I have absolutely no doubt Fisk knows about the Hand.
  • Danny shows up and within 6 months her life and probably psychological wellbeing has fallen to pieces. Yes, he is the Steel Serpent and it's yet to be outright stated, but Gao is probably the Crane Mother, so it makes sense. Danny has, from Davos' perspective, betrayed K'un-Lun and stolen the Iron Fist, what is rightfully his. It's possible, if not highly likely, that Davos got back to K'un-Lun long before Danny and found it gone. He must blame Danny for this. I liked how Ward is now the good Meachum and Joy the bad one. Ward got Harold out of his head but he's crawled into Joy's.
  • I think it's going to be crucial in the Defenders.
Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#237 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31597 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: lol why is Harold listed as a grand-master? He was proficient at best.

#238 Posted by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: lol why is Harold listed as a grand-master? He was proficient at best.

Nah, he was master tier without the ice cream scoop, but if you factor it in he's GM-tier for sure.

@rogueshadow: Several of us are in agreement that Kyle should be on top of the grandmaster tier. Read the last couple posts for the reasons.

Kyle is in a tier unto himself. See the OP.

#239 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5704 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he was master tier without the ice cream scoop, but if you factor it in he's GM-tier for sure.

@just_banter said:

Kyle is in a tier unto himself. See the OP.

Kyle with vanilla ice cream > Harold IMO. Harold has no feats against vanilla

#240 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: @thor_parker82: Gao seemed like Nobu's superior since DD S1 (or maybe S2), when it is revealed Nobu is Hand, it follows that Gao is too.

#241 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

Fisk did seem to be afraid of Nobu, and put up with more questioning and backtalk from Nobu then he did from any of his other sub-bosses. At one point I remember Wesley asking Fisk why he put up with Nobu when he had the Russians killed for less. It's never explicitly stated, but it seems likely that he was aware of the Hand.

That´s the problem, something as big as The Hand should have been explicitly stated that Wilson Fisk knew about their existence, I know they couldn´t state it in S1 since The Hand was not yet revealed, but in S2 when we saw Kingpin in jail there should have been a bit of dialogue to let the audience know he was always aware of The Hand´s existence.

@thor_parker82 said:

• I thought this too, but a couple of people I've spoken to online and in real life seem to have expected it so I'll have to rewatch S1 for clues, but they seemed completely disconnected. The only thing I can think of is that Nobu was either completely unaware of here role within/against the Hand, indicating he was perhaps not that powerful within their ranks, or that the two were working together in some capacity behind Kingpin's back. Though considering she is a rogue faction of the Hand I don't know how that could be the case.
  • Fisk knew about Nobu. When Wesley pushed him on why he bent to their commands despite them bringing absolutely nothing to the table he said that he considered Nobu a 'necessary evil' IIRC. I have absolutely no doubt Fisk knows about the Hand.
  • Danny shows up and within 6 months her life and probably psychological wellbeing has fallen to pieces. Yes, he is the Steel Serpent and it's yet to be outright stated, but Gao is probably the Crane Mother, so it makes sense. Danny has, from Davos' perspective, betrayed K'un-Lun and stolen the Iron Fist, what is rightfully his. It's possible, if not highly likely, that Davos got back to K'un-Lun long before Danny and found it gone. He must blame Danny for this. I liked how Ward is now the good Meachum and Joy the bad one. Ward got Harold out of his head but he's crawled into Joy's.
  • I think it's going to be crucial in the Defenders.

- The problem is that S2 of Daredevil made it even more difficult for me to believe Madame Gao was always a part of The Hand, I think they just rushed her in to connect Iron Fist with the other shows. I say this because in Daredevil S2 we saw Gao in a small hideout because Daredevil finished most of her "organization", and that even then, she never came close to handling as much drug as the Blacksmith (something that still eludes me)(Who the hell is the Blacksmith and how can he have more resources than The Hand?)(Is Punisher´s general actually the Blacksmith?)

- Same thing I said above, something as big as The Hand should have been explicitly stated that Wilson Fisk knew about their existence, I know they couldn´t state it in S1 since The Hand was not yet revealed, but in S2 when we saw Kingpin in jail there should have been a bit of dialogue to let the audience know he was always aware of The Hand´s existence.

- It still doesn´t explain her drastic change of character, even in the last chapter Joy was still very worried about Danny when she found out Harold had framed him, she was also very touched by the fact that Danny turned himself to Bakuto so she could go to a hospital, that change really came out of nowhere, I don´t think she actually wants to kill Danny, maybe she is just trying to figure out why Davos wants to do it. Also, I´m not familiar with the Iron Fist comics so I don´t know who the Steel Serpent or the Crane Mother are.

- Really ?? Why ??

Also, did you notice that there was a scene (can´t remember which episode) where Madame Gao pushes Danny away several feet without even touching him ?? She just raised her hand and Danny was launched several feet, it seemed like telekinesis or something like that.

@rogueshadow: @thor_parker82: Gao seemed like Nobu's superior since DD S1 (or maybe S2), when it is revealed Nobu is Hand, it follows that Gao is too.

Read above, S2 of Daredevil made it seem very unlikely that Gao was always planned to be part of The Hand.

#242 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

- The problem is that S2 of Daredevil made it even more difficult for me to believe Madame Gao was always a part of The Hand, I think they just rushed her in to connect Iron Fist with the other shows. I say this because in Daredevil S2 we saw Gao in a small hideout because Daredevil finished most of her "organization", and that even then, she never came close to handling as much drug as the Blacksmith (something that still eludes me)(Who the hell is the Blacksmith and how can he have more resources than The Hand?)(Is Punisher´s general actually the Blacksmith?)

- Same thing I said above, something as big as The Hand should have been explicitly stated that Wilson Fisk knew about their existence, I know they couldn´t state it in S1 since The Hand was not yet revealed, but in S2 when we saw Kingpin in jail there should have been a bit of dialogue to let the audience know he was always aware of The Hand´s existence.

- It still doesn´t explain her drastic change of character, even in the last chapter Joy was still very worried about Danny when she found out Harold had framed him, she was also very touched by the fact that Danny turned himself to Bakuto so she could go to a hospital, that change really came out of nowhere, I don´t think she actually wants to kill Danny, maybe she is just trying to figure out why Davos wants to do it. Also, I´m not familiar with the Iron Fist comics so I don´t know who the Steel Serpent or the Crane Mother are.

- Really ?? Why ??

Also, did you notice that there was a scene (can´t remember which episode) where Madame Gao pushes Danny away several feet without even touching him ?? She just raised her hand and Danny was launched several feet, it seemed like telekinesis or something like that.

@rukelnikovftw said:

Read above, S2 of Daredevil made it seem very unlikely that Gao was always planned to be part of The Hand.

Yes, Clancy Browns character was the Blacksmith. I'd have to re-watch it, but I got the impression that being in charge of a black-ops team he probably raided a lot of drug operations over the years, became corrupt (or perhaps always was) and began selling what he confiscating and made connections that way. Makes sense to me, but again I'd have to re-watch to make sure that's what was going on.

I do agree that Gao being part of the Hand did come out of left-field to me. Her and Nobu did seem to have a lot of respect for one another, but it really seemed like they were in charge of two completely separate organizations.

And yea, I did notice that Gao seeming used some form of telekinesis on Danny when he threatened her at the end of the gauntlet episode.

#243 Edited by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82:

• They didn't need to do that, I'm all but certain she's the Crane Mother, a pretty important character in Immortal Iron Fist, and it's always been connected, she used the Steel Serpent symbol on Heroin way back in S1, Stone seems to reference the doors to the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven etc. They could easily connect Iron Fist without doing that.
  • Gao handled far more drugs than the Blacksmith; she didn't handle as much in New York. As she said to Matt, New York is just one of her territories, in IF we saw that she basically runs the entire East Coast.
  • The only thing I can think is that either Nobu simply wasn't aware that she is an enemy of the Hand, he was willing to let it slide because he wanted the Black Sky/Shadowland so badly, or he was also a part of Gao's operation and Gao was just duping Kingpin for some reason, she showed in Iron Fist that she is more than willing to lie her arse off, she did it all the time.
  • I think we need to get the full picture on what's going on in the Hand, who's lying about what etc. before we start to assume errors in continuity, same with the disappearance and function of the hole in DDS2 or the cause of Jessica's powers/IGH. I expect we'll get the answers in the Defenders.
  • I don't think it need to be explicitly stated, it was pretty clear in my opinion.
  • They've been building up to it since DDS1. Stone's 'will he be ready when the doors open' etc.
  • That's possible. But at that point her father hadn't been killed all over again.
  • Definitely some kind of chi energy attack or telekinesis, it was just after he'd faced Scythe.
#244 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Can you refresh my mind and tell me who "Stone" is ?? Hehe

#245 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio
#246 Edited by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

@rogueshadow: Can you refresh my mind and tell me who "Stone" is ?? Hehe

Dude at the end of the post-credits scene in S1 Episode 7. He's Stick's pupil in the comics. It didn't seem that way in the show, but it remains to be seen.

#247 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: When did he referenced the doors to the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven ?? You mean Episode 7 of Daredevil S1 ??

#248 Posted by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: When did he referenced the doors to the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven ?? You mean Episode 7 of Daredevil S1 ??

He asks Stick if he'll (Matt) be ready when the doors open. There's a plotline in the comics involving the opening of the way to the Seven Cities, with Hydra trying to destroy them.

#249 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Wow, everything starts to connect now.

To be honest, I did like Iron Fist and I don´t get all the negativity from the critics, but this felt more like a set up to The Defenders than Danny´s own story.

What did you think about the show ??

#250 Posted by rogueshadow (29274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Wow, everything starts to connect now.

To be honest, I did like Iron Fist and I don´t get all the negativity from the critics, but this felt more like a set up to The Defenders than Danny´s own story.

What did you think about the show ??

I liked it, it could've been a lot better for sure, but it's not the shit heap critics are making it out to be. You'd think it was a 2 when it's more like a 7 out of 10 in my opinion.