MCU Shang Chi directly scales above Ikaris (+ deviant anti feats)

• 111 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#51 frozen  Moderator

@hickaris:

Just pointing out that he only blitzed through it once it had been injured by the ligtning blast. We see it falling from the sky once its blasted and the Protector let go of it. Prior to that, he is unable to blitz through it despite fighting it for several pages.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 nassergrant19  Online

Ikaris has been fodder to every MCU/DCEU high tiers, now with this evidence, I came to the conclusion that even Shang Chi is above him

Yeah it’s pretty blatant at this point

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@supremegeneration: tell me about it, than even had him stomping superman, now in the main superman vs ikaris page it reversed drastically

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hm, higherthanever has a good point, in Ta Lo, they have an amp iirc. But from what I recall, Shang's mom was redirecting the energy from Wenwu's blows or smth.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mountain shattering feat is actually a good one that's a Thor-level hit.

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 nassergrant19  Online
Reyne-TheAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Reyne-TheAbyss

I wonder what this thread is going to look like after Marvel Zombies. It seems like Shang-Chi and Ikaris are the remaining high tiers, with Wanda, Carol, and Emil being zombified. If Shang-Chi falls to the virus, we might get a fight between him and Ikaris, though they might just fall to the high tier zombies before that happens. Ikaris is looking worse for wear, so something has already beat the crap out of him.

Ikaris is currently fodder without statements and only one backing feat.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I wonder what this thread is going to look like after Marvel Zombies. It seems like Shang-Chi and Ikaris are the remaining high tiers, with Wanda, Carol, and Emil being zombified. If Shang-Chi falls to the virus, we might get a fight between him and Ikaris, though they might just fall to the high tier zombies before that happens. Ikaris is looking worse for wear, so something has already beat the crap out of him.

Depends if people scale from What If. As far as I can tell, a lot of people don't.

Reyne-TheAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Reyne-TheAbyss

@frozen: Which is dumb given the premise of What If? is that the timeline simply branched off due to one change, making everything prior to the change the same as in the Sacred timeline, and we are told the zombie virus (Janet returning from the Quantum Realm) was unleashed only 2 weeks prior to the events of Infinity War (Hulk being sent to Earth).

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Which is dumb given the premise of What If? is that the timeline simply branched off due to one change, making everything prior to the change the same as in the Sacred timeline, and we are told the zombie virus (Janet returning from the Quantum Realm) was unleashed only 2 weeks prior to the events of Infinity War (Hulk being sent to Earth).

This. We have WoG confirmation for What If that says multiple times that What If scales to the main MCU and vice versa. This was even explicitly shown in the Doctor Strange episode.

OT: The Eternals are super underrated tbh. People put too much stock in low ends. By that metric everyone in the MCU, DCEU, and CW are human level. Star Wars would be a completely fodder verse that would get folded by pretty much everyone they're put up against on the vine. All video game characters would be fodder. It just doesn't make sense to use low ends. Shang is on their level, I have no doubt about that, but that makes both of them high tiers.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 frozen  Moderator

@calclord:

I don't mind if people want to use What If tbh. I'm just saying, you should expect a lot of resistance to it.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I use What If if the character is the same, like Carol or good Strange or Thor. However, I wouldn't, say, scale Peggy to Cap, since she was stronger than Steve pre serum and got a higher dose of vita rays in a shorter amount of time.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 frozen  Moderator

@calclord said:

@frozen: I use What If if the character is the same, like Carol or good Strange or Thor. However, I wouldn't, say, scale Peggy to Cap, since she was stronger than Steve pre serum and got a higher dose of vita rays in a shorter amount of time.

Peggy scaling is interesting. John Walker getting the serum seems to back up the idea that being stronger pre serum makes a difference post.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Yeah. To be fair though, T'Challa and Bucky are on par with Cap despite being stronger than he was before the enhancement.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calclord: You can't seriously be scaling normal Strange to What If Strange.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth: And why not? Good Strange is literally the same as main timeline Strange.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calclord said:

@superdarth: And why not? Good Strange is literally the same as main timeline Strange.

Main timeline Strange would be one-shotted by Strang Supreme. Good Strange was also amped during the fight.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth: Why would he? Because you say so? The protection spell didn't amp his magic, it just made a forcefield.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calclord said:

@superdarth: Why would he? Because you say so? The protection spell didn't amp his magic, it just made a forcefield.

Because main timeline Strange has been humiliated by several magic users. Strange Supreme could easily eat him, like actually devour him whole and absorb all his energy. The guy ate a galaxy-level explosion. Not to mention the time stone, which he could use to age main Strange to dust or turn him into a baby.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calclord said:

Because main timeline Strange has been humiliated by several magic users. Strange Supreme could easily eat him, like actually devour him whole and absorb all his energy. The guy ate a galaxy-level explosion. Not to mention the time stone, which he could use to age main Strange to dust or turn him into a baby.

Strange Supreme wasn't at full power when he fought good Strange, which is why good Strange wasn't stomped. Obviously full power Strange Supreme stomps main Strange, that goes without saying.

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris is a glorified mid tier. Shang is far above him. Honestly he might even struggle with Wenwu

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 frozen  Moderator

Ikaris is a glorified mid tier. Shang is far above him. Honestly he might even struggle with Wenwu

Wenwu would win based on scaling near Shang.

@calclord said:
@superdarth said:
@calclord said:

Strange Supreme wasn't at full power when he fought good Strange, which is why good Strange wasn't stomped. Obviously full power Strange Supreme stomps main Strange, that goes without saying.

Interesting.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Shang and Wenwu are underrated tbh. Those shockwaves they made, and shaking those mountains impressed me a lot. So did Wenwu punching Shang into the water. And the Dweller-in-Darkness bust was indeed super impressive. And then you have Shang scaling above Ikaris by a ton, and Ikaris has that could feat and can only be killed by the core of the sun. Shang's pretty clearly a high tier with the rings.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 frozen  Moderator

@calclord said:

@frozen: Shang and Wenwu are underrated tbh. Those shockwaves they made, and shaking those mountains impressed me a lot. So did Wenwu punching Shang into the water. And the Dweller-in-Darkness bust was indeed super impressive. And then you have Shang scaling above Ikaris by a ton, and Ikaris has that could feat and can only be killed by the core of the sun. Shang's pretty clearly a high tier with the rings.

Yeah Shang was lowballed for a while and I couldn't figure out why. I'm glad this scaling chain exists because it is very direct and emphasizes Shang more. I can only imagine he will get buffed up more when he next appears.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@calclord said:

Yeah Shang was lowballed for a while and I couldn't figure out why. I'm glad this scaling chain exists because it is very direct and emphasizes Shang more. I can only imagine he will get buffed up more when he next appears.

Especially since he's an Avenger now. Him scaling way above Ikaris always really impressed me, and the DiD feat is really great. I don't think even Hulk has that level of destructive power. Only someone like Thor or Carol could rep it imo.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is there any reason we should consider these comics canon and not just bonus spin offs?

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CosmicUni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CosmicUni
@calclord said:

@frozen

Did feat really great, not even Hulk has that level of destruction. Only Carol and Thor.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Same even if What If is all over the place, for me some power level, feats can be used across characters since they are pretty close and starting with the baseline of MCU tier.

I mean they are pretty much starting and expanding the main universe characters level/tier. I see it like more like an upgrade of their main universe baseline, finally Marvel can showcase the characters power, destruction properly since it is animation. Not restrains by a tight budget or physics.

Power level scaling not crossing for some in main universe are due to plot convenience and dumb things like Star Lord T'challa episode, zombies episodes or Thanos getting one shot by Ultron.

CosmicUni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CosmicUni
@reyne-theabyss said:

No Caption Provided

Marvel should release the damn trailer in HD already so we can discuss it...

I cannot wait for the episode of Wenwu and Hela teaming up against Odin, that would make a lot of people re appreciate, respecting and recognizing Shang chi new power level. And love the enthusiasm Shang chi is getting nowadays. The Surtur invading earth episode sound exciting, and the zombies animated series would be peak if Shang chi fight zombies Ikaris.

What a shame what if s2 get delayed.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't consider these comics canon, and that pirate gun working on a deviant is ridiculous, when we see stronger modern guns not be able to kill them. And Then and Gilgamesh clearly have feats way above gun level.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ikaris has no problem dealing with Shang Chi (even though I like him way more) the guy flying to the sun in a second got this.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 frozen  Moderator

Bump.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By KryptonianKing88

@frozen: Guess I was wrong lol. Shang Chi > Jobberkaris

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Guess I was wrong lol

No shame in that. What If really showed people why Shamg/Wenwu is strong.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will get back to this and retort someday. Feels like the Eternals are lowballed recently.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 frozen  Moderator

Will get back to this and retort someday. Feels like the Eternals are lowballed recently.

Even if you think this, the rings are able to hang with Odin and have potent statements now. I don’t see why they shouldn’t be viewed as high tier.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Agmine570

@frozen: MCU statements and actual feats & showings contradict each other too much. cough cough Spiderman reaction speed The director & writers of that What If episode really didn't help upscale the rings, there were no feats of impressive destructive potency, just some overhype. They only massively downscaled Odin, Gungnir, and Asgardian gods in general.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@agmine570 said:

@frozen: MCU statements and actual feats & showings contradict each other too much. cough cough Spiderman reaction speed The director & writers of that What If episode really didn't help upscale the rings, there were no feats of impressive destructive potency, just some overhype. They only massively downscaled Odin, Gungnir, and Asgardian gods in general.

The Rings have always been hyped as high tier weapons. Stated in official sources to give him the power of a God, stated extremely OP by Wong, etc. No idea why some people had the idea that they’re mid tier tbh. It was never intended as that, we see the dweller bust through a mountain etc.

Avatar image for darkphantom9895
darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By darkphantom9895  Online
@agmine570 said:

The rings were legit called a god killer you know what else is a god killer the necrosword and look at what it did to gorr even the watcher called the rings one of the most powerful forces there’s no denying the rings were always intended to be a high tier weapon

to me they seem like kang tech but that hasn’t been confirmed yet

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkphantom9895: @frozen: Really hope they at the very least showed us the rings destroying a house. Ironman's beams, perhaps even the standard ones have superior feats in destructive potency.

darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By darkphantom9895  Online

@agmine570: thanos didn’t destroy a large house or anything destructive is he weak now?

Visuals is not how you scale characters

darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By darkphantom9895  Online
@agmine570 said:
@darkphantom9895 said:

@agmine570: thanos didn’t destroy a large house or anything destructive is he weak now?

Visuals is not how you scale characters

I'm someone who focuses on actual feats much more than scaling & hype. (kinda why I struggle to rank Canon Star Wars characters) Also, I don't put Base Thanos that high. Can he survive these?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

^^ Just putting this here cause I feel like Avatarverse is insanely downplayed in CV

No Caption Provided

Look at thanos giving thor a beatdown no destruction visuals does that make him weak obviously not

yes he no sells those lol avatar is lowballed sure but that doesn’t mean they can hang with mcu high tiers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 frozen  Moderator

@darkphantom9895: @frozen: Really hope they at the very least showed us the rings destroying a house. Ironman's beams, perhaps even the standard ones have superior feats in destructive potency.

Shang Chi overpowers a dragon that can bust through mountains and creates town sized explosions. He is definitely above house level.

darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this guy just called Thor street tier I’m done

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this guy just called Thor street tier I’m done

I was calling Fat Thor that. By feats & visuals. And I'm being genuine.