Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Power_Hunter

Source.

Feat:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Planetary Diameter is 415px. Panel Height is 510px

sqrt(1-(tan(35)*(415/510))^2/((tan(35)*(415/510))^2+1))*12742 = 11888.9 km.

11888.9/415 = 28.647 km/px

Biggest explosion is 8 px.

8*28.647 = 229.176 km.

I don’t know if the explosion occurred on the ground or in the air due to the picture not making it really obvious. So I’ll solve using both air burst and ground burst formula.

Y = ((229.176/0.28)^3)/1000 = 548,319 Megatons/548.319 Gigatons; Large Island level

W = 229176^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 967.3 Gigatons; Large Island level+

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that Carol punches with the power of 10 nuclear bombs:

That would mean that Carol's punches are the equivalent of 9.67 Teratons or 96730 times the Tsar Bomb, the most powerful nuke ever made(Country level).

Which is consistent with this feat:

Guess who tanked those punches?

Avatar image for deactivated-630e76b30adec
deactivated-630e76b30adec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I don't think the VFX team were looking to make the nukes seem more powerful than rl nukes. Pretty sure they just wanted viewers to go ahhhhh. Not reading that.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nwname  Moderator

Its simply perspective, they are much "closer to the viewer" than the horizon and ignoring this fact would make that city 1000s of kilometers lol. WI also had other shots where perspective like this was used such as Thor getting dropped to a mountain (if you ignored perspective it makes random mountains like small country sized) and likely the core shockwave.

This is like saying this picture is showing country sized mountains tall enough to reach space

No Caption Provided

We did get a yield for a "MCU Nuke" in Avengers 1though. It was 200 kilotons with an impact radius map given that was actually fairly accurate for the yield.

No Caption Provided
heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By heiqn

Nice calculation, thanks for the Effort Power_Hunter.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a couple in universe reasons for them to be more powerful, SHIELD was building more powerful nukes after seeing Thor’s AP. But I wouldn’t use pixel scaling to determine that since, especially in animation, some of whats shown is just rule of cool

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's more impressive that every single country in the MCU has nukes.

UltimateBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UltimateBeing

Hm, it is even more laughable to make DCEU vs MCU fights now.

With power scaling from this even Spidey can beat Superman. Without much effort.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wat if>>>>>>MCU LA in terms of power

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NWname is right.

I doubt a single nuke from MCU earth can solo Surtur.

FreeFaceMask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought What If doesn't scale to the MCU...

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

@nwname said:

Its simply perspective, they are much "closer to the viewer" than the horizon and ignoring this fact would make that city 1000s of kilometers lol. WI also had other shots where perspective like this was used such as Thor getting dropped to a mountain (if you ignored perspective it makes random mountains like small country sized) and likely the core shockwave.

This is like saying this picture is showing country sized mountains tall enough to reach space

No Caption Provided

We did get a yield for a "MCU Nuke" in Avengers 1though. It was 200 kilotons with an impact radius map given that was actually fairly accurate for the yield.

No Caption Provided

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

That picture you posted has fisheye lens.

MCU nukes improved since Avengers 1 because of the Tesseract tech.

Perspective doesn't matter as they were detonated at the surface.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccbm2208 said:

NWname is right.

I doubt a single nuke from MCU earth can solo Surtur.

How is he right? Because he posted a picture with fisheye lens that has nothing to do with my post?

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

Nice calculation, thanks for the Effort Power_Hunter.

Thanks mate.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nwname  Moderator

That picture you posted has fisheye lens.

Perspective doesn't matter as they were detonated at the surface.

Point still stands even if thats fisheye lens. In the same picture all the distant clouds and other structures are much smaller than the ones that are close to the screen. Thats because they further away. Other pictures where clouds end up country sized using the same scaling logic you used in the OP:

Clouds here appear far larger because they are much closer than the horizon. Even if for some reason we ignored all that what do you think makes more sense: country sized nuclear explosions, continent sized cities and roads that are miles wide or a fisheye lens being used?

Didn't Thor take loki and tesseract to asgard in A1? They had no access to it so no. Shield never started using tesseract powered weapons like hydra.

Wdym by that? Perspective is irrelevant depending on whether something touches the ground or hovers a bit above it or something?

w3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite not having the tesseract after the end of avengers 1… lol. you can tell the fanatics by the way they eat up anything that makes the mcu seem more impressive than what is actually shown in the films

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname:

Point still stands even if thats fisheye lens.

Not at all.

In the same picture all the distant clouds and other structures are much smaller than the ones that are close to the screen. Thats because they further away. Other pictures where clouds end up country sized using the same scaling logic you used in the OP:

Clouds here appear far larger because they are much closer than the horizon. Even if for some reason we ignored all that what do you think makes more sense: country sized nuclear explosions, continent sized cities and roads that are miles wide or a fisheye lens being used?

Yes there are country-sized clouds. I thought it was common knowledge:

No Caption Provided

Didn't Thor take loki and tesseract to asgard in A1? They had no access to it so no. Shield never started using tesseract powered weapons like hydra.

They were developing tesseract nukes since Thor 1 because normal nukes are not enough to fight the likes of Thor. The army probably didn't use those type of nukes in New York because maybe it just wasn't necessary, they were just prototypes or only SHIELD does have them.

Even if those are not Tesseract nukes, like I said, maybe they just had more powerful nukes but didn't want to destroy too much, just New York.

Wdym by that? Perspective is irrelevant depending on whether something touches the ground or hovers a bit above it or something?

What I mean is that if the nuke explodes on the ground it's not closer to the camera than the ground itself. Therefore there is no perspective involved. The calc pixel scales the nukes comparing it to the diameter of Earth, which is the closest thing to the camera.