MCU Netflix: Iron Fist is getting cancelled after S2...

• 72 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://deadline.com/2018/10/marvel-iron-fist-canceled-netflix-daredevil-disney-finn-jones-jessica-henwick-1202482048/

Sorry on my phone right now, but this hurts especially with the improvement they made on the newest season.

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They cut too many corners. Maybe they’ll incorporate someone else now like Moon Knight or Taskmaster

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrmonster  Online

Well this sucks. I really enjoyed Iron Fist season 2, and I was eager to see where the show went from there.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this sucks. I really enjoyed Iron Fist season 2, and I was eager to see where the show went from there.

Heroes for Hire is the obvious move. Theres already so much crossover between Luke cage and IF it makes the most sense.

The actors could then do a Defenders season 2 since theyve expressed interest in it and the fan reception is there

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe theyll put him on Cage

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrmonster  Online

@kgb725: Yes, hopefully both Danny and Colleen find their way onto the other Marvel Netflix shows.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't really a good series. Obviously I wouldn't want the character to disappear, but they said this is likely not happening, so I don't mind.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just as long as this isn't the last we'll see of Colleen, I'm fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc2c7b81b701
deactivated-5bc2c7b81b701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes for Hire?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the characters don't just disappear it should be okay

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By buttersdaman000

lmao deserves it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao deserves it

This.

It is easily the weakest of all series. It's "best" season, is only marginally better than the worst season in all of netflix mcu. And many will argue the worst season was Iron Fist s1.

His character is easily the worst thing in all of the netflix MCU. His contribution to the Defenders was the most painful and contrived one.
For a show based on martial arts, It has more cuts per fight scene than any other show. This shows how far removed it is from the comic counterpart or the martial arts cinema it's supposed to emulate.It really highlights the fight that the actor can't fight.

Danny's best portrayal wasn't even in his own show. It was in Luke Cage!

This is a positive thing. It shows that badly made shows will be punished. It can only lead to greater stories.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: and that is what should happen. His best portrayal was the 2 episodes he was in in luke cage.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Too bad really. Didn't think it was as bad as most people thought it was and after the S2 finale, S3 could show us some rather interesting stuff.

Ohh well, they can always appear in some of the other shows, plus this can also lead to other characters getting their own show.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@soaringturkeys: Dude quit the cuts per fight scene nonsense already. There is one fight in narrow space that goes overboard with it very early in season 1 the rest is completely standard. Also less cuts is not automatically a better fight scene.

This elevator fight is tons better than Iron Fists and it has more cuts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASWAPkeGUdU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L76Jnhm1CgU

I've seen better fights then Iron Fist but can someone handle the people who think they knew so much about how fight scenes are best done and then come up with some just do no editing at all bullshit? The dumbest think I've ever heard was a youtuber that in many cuts were bad, because fighting games don't use them like a fight scene was perfect when it looked like a bunch of computer characters are punching each other from a side perspective.

Even John Wick utilizes some unnecessary cuts when the directors feel like it enhances the scene. Jackie Chan had cuts in his scenes eveb during his best days. One shots are not the be all and end all and propagating that kind of garbage will only stagnate film making.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ah well....

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By King-Ragnar

If they were planning on ending it after season 2 then Why Not end the series with a sense of finality? Why clearly set up for a new season then just cancel it?

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good riddance.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they were planning on ending it after season 2 then Why Not end the series with a sense of finality? Why clearly set up for a new season then just cancel it?

This is exactly what I was thinking however.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I don't know how ratings work with Netflix but maybe it didn't do that well? Doubt they would end the season they way they did, if they were planning on ending it.

Arcadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix invested a specific budget across all the shows. I think they really did want to see if they could make a better season of Iron Fist... and they did I guess, but not to what they were hoping for. The reviews were still lukewarm and as was mentioned above, they have their own ratings/viewing system (which they don't share with the public), and from the looks of it, it must have been bad. But yeah, its a mixture of elements.

They probably don't want to bother wasting their budget on the show anymore.

Arcadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will also say; I think Iron Fist was the most disposable show for Netflix, if they had to drop one of them. Daredevil essentially already brings whatever elements Iron Fist provides for the audience, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones are attractive properties for obvious reasons, and Punisher is its own unique thing as well. Iron Fist just hasn't provided anything new or unique, its only brought on controversy left right and centre (to no fault of the property, just the show, but still).

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good there shows should either be Daredevil quality or not even bother at all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 morpheus_  Moderator

@amcu said:

This is unfortunate.

@rogueshadow

Rogue dislikes the show even more post-S2 so he'll probably welcome this.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ready_4_Madness  Online

Put him in Luke Cage S3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I didn't like iron fist but I think we can all relate to fans of the show. Sucks when something you enjoy gets canceled especially without closure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks,I really liked it..

@foxerdes I don't understand the hate for that show. I binged and binged...and cancelled .

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Penguin-Dust

@paperbatvg said:

Heroes for Hire?

This is what I was pondering, too. The reason Disney film studios don't make a Hulk movie is because he works better as a character when teamed with other heroes like The Avengers or Thor (at least that's the excuse they give when it also has something to do with Universal having the solo film rights). Perhaps Danny is similar in that he should be teamed with others to really stand out. I didn't care for most of Season 1 and I fully admit I have been slow to finish Season 2, so this news doesn't surprise me however just because there isn't a solo Season 3 in the pipes doesn't mean that this is the last we've seen of the Immortal Iron-Fist.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Heatforce

@Penguin-Dust said:
@paperbatvg said:

Heroes for Hire?

This is what I was pondering, too. The reason Disney film studios don't make a Hulk movie is because he works better as a character when teamed with other heroes like The Avengers or Thor (at least that's the excuse they give when it also has something to do with Universal having the solo film rights). Perhaps Danny is similar in that he should be teamed with others to really stand out. I didn't care for most of Season 1 and I fully admit I have been slow to finish Season 2, so this news doesn't surprise me however just because there isn't a solo Season 3 in the pipes doesn't mean that this is the last we've seen of the Immortal Iron-Fist.

I personally would love another Hulk solo. The incredible Hulk was really good imo. If they ever decide to make a sequel though they need to lean into a bit of horror like the immortal Hulk. Sam Rami could do it.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KanyeCosby  Online

The show was trash anyway

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give us Heroes for Hire, we know we all want it more then either solo Luke Cage or solo Iron Fist

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Asgaard

Can't help to acknowledge that there was a time where myself and other fans wanted to see the Netflix marvel heroes in the Mcu movies and currently i wouldn't mind at all if they ended every Netflix marvel show after a third or second season...

And its not because of the Disney streaming service, its because the tv series format easily can saturate franchises with unnecessary new seasons that usually undermine core elements from the characters... And even the shared universe built in the Netflix marvel was not really able to make the spectators be interested in every show, like for the most part happened and still happens with the Mcu movies...

So, i already saw K. Feige looking a better manager than currently, but when it comes to the crossovers between movies and TV, he always was right and most of us wrong...

Yet, if that is true the Mcu series that will released in Disney streaming service, can also not succeed like intended, because being made by Marvel Studios may not be enough, if anyone asked me i would say that i don't see Scarlet Witch or Loki working in the tv format, and regarding the last character mentioned, i know him pretty well and all the marvel Asgard lore...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5d4e40f44920a
deactivated-5d4e40f44920a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: I’d be willing to see that after Luke Cage S3-4 as the final season.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

That sucks,I really liked it..

@foxerdes I don't understand the hate for that show. I binged and binged...and cancelled .

Budget was too big relative to its rather limited popularity. It was $100 million a season.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rogueshadow  Moderator

Reboot him, Feige. Do it.

No Caption Provided

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always hope for it elsewhere

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogueshadow  Moderator
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#46  Edited By KrleAvenger

That doesn't necessarily mean we won't see Iron Fist (Danny Rand's) character anymore. Maybe we will see Defenders Season 2 at one point (probably more unlikely tho), or he will appear in Luke Cage show. Maybe the show gets renamed to Luke Cage and Iron Fist. And Heroes for Hire is also a possibility, if they really don't want to do the second Season for the Defenders.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot with Cam Gigandet. Or anyone else with something resembling charisma and presence.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonder how they'll adress all the plot threads they left hanging out there, like Orson Randall or how Danny got back his Chi.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

even after season 2 I still found the series the weakest of the netflix shows... though It was better and I'd like to see where Danny goes in future installments of different series like defenders, daredevil or luke cage

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@Penguin-Dust: you have a point. Danny's continued journey with his surrogate brother Ward could continue in a heroes for hire series or defenders but even better segway would be for Daredevil since they have introduced Typhoid Mary.