MCU Mjolnir Speed and Thor travel speed.

• 53 results
Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superhero24
No Caption Provided

In the first Thor movie, Odin takes away Thor's powers and throws both Mjolnir and Thor through the Bifrost to Midgard aka Earth. Mjolnir was said by a fellow resident of the town to be 55 miles away from the town.

It takes approximately 19 seconds to travel the 55 miles.

55/19 = 2.895

3,600* 2.895 = 10,422 mph = 16,772.6 kmh = Mach 13.58

This doesn't account for Mjolnir traveling above minimum cloud level which is 6,500 ft, and Mjolnir not breaking the sound barrier until 7 seconds after it's flight. Mjolnir in this instance could have very well have went Mach 20 at it's fastest.

Mjolnir smashes this speed in Thor: The Dark World

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir seems to be somewhere in the Exosphere. It seems to range between the ending of the Thermosphere to the ending of the Exosphere. it seems to come back to Earth in 3 seconds.

Low End:

690/3 = 330 Km per second

3,600 * 330 = 1,188,000 Kmh = 738,188.98 Mph =

Mach 962.1

Middle End:

2,000/3 = 666.7 Km per second

3,600 * 666.7 = 2,400,120 Kmh = 1,491,365.43 Mph = Mach 1,943.7

High End:

10,000/3 = 3,333.3 Km per second

3,600 * 3,333.3 = 11,999,880 Km per second = 7,456,379.7 Mph = Mach 9,718

Thor's possible travel speed:

Thor is able to reach Sif and the Warriors three rather quickly.

No Caption Provided

The group of warriors are completely out of sight and seem to be at the end of the horizon. The horizon is how far a human can see because of the planet's curve. The end of the horizon is about 5 kilometers. Thor travels this distance in about 8 seconds.

5/8 = 0.625 miles per second

0.375 * 1000 = 625 m/s = 1,398.1 Mph = 2,250 Kmh = Mach 1.82

The only issue with this is Jotunheim could be smaller or bigger than Earth. Depending on that is where the numbers could be smaller or greater. Considering Jotunheim is a planet with 7ft - 8ft Frost Giants on it, I would say it is more than likely bigger than Earth.

No Caption Provided

Thor is able to blitz Malekith. Thor appears to be between 100 - 200 meters away from Malekith judging by how small he looks. He is able to reach Malekith before he can react. if Malekith has the reactions of a normal human, he would have been able to react to Thor in 0.250 seconds.

Low end:

100 / 0.250 = 400 m/s = 894.78 Mph = 1,440 kmh = Mach 1.17

High End:

200 / 0.250 = 800 m/s = 1,789.55 Mph = 2,880 Kmh = Mach 2.33

Considering Malekith is a superhuman not only being a dark Elve, but the leader of dark Elves he would react faster than the average human.

Thor travels very quickly in Age of Ultron.

No Caption Provided

Thor moves very fast in this scene unfortunately ho doesn't flip the tank by just pure speed. Thor in fact hits the tank with Mjolnir, while he is moving quickly.

In this scene, Thor is able to catch up to the Quinjet. MCU Quinjets have proven themselves numerous times to be extremely fast. Thor takes Loki off the plane at the 0:37 mark. Iron Man goes after them at 0:53. This gives the quinjet 16 seconds of time to distance them from Loki and Thor. We see Thor again at the 1:17 mark. He is able to have 136 seconds of time, before Iron Man intercepts him. This shows that the Quinjet was possibly traveling 8.5 times faster than Iron Man. Iron Man's inferior Mark IV was capable of 1,500 mph travel speed.

1,500 * 8.5 = 12,750 Mph = 20,519.14 Kmh = Mach 16.6

Thor would have to be traveling faster than the Quinjet. The only thing we don't know is if Iron Man was flying his fastest. It is very likely he was considering the importance and threat level Loki was. Iron Man could have also been looking for Thor as well not being able to find him right away, but this feat is clearly Thor's fastest speed feat. He is definitely going upper Supersonic to hypersonic in this scene though.

As I said before, the quinjet has shown numerous times to be extremely fast. There is a reason that Iron Man rides in it instead of flying his Iron man suite. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the Quinjet is able to make it from DC to the Indian Ocean in 93 minutes. This would give the Quinjet a speed of 7,217.42 Mph or Mach 9.4 in this scene give or take if they left before or after the ship was taken over. In the last episode of season 3 of Agents of Shield, the Quinjet is capable of entering low orbit. The required speed to go into low orbit is 17,600 mph or just under Mach 23.

This is an attempt to clock Thor's travel speed and Mjolnir's speed. This isn't 100% fact. If you have thoughts on the matter or disagreements, feel free to comment below. I'll definitely take note.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really nice work here.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I disagree with would be the tank feat, seeing as how it looks like Mjolnir is imbued with lighting, so it could be more of a striking feat. Otherwise I agree with the rest of this

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

I see what your saying there. Some of these are very tricky to tell. Thanks for the input.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: now that I think of it, it is more or less consistent with the Dark World feat where he pulled the cars, so I could be wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work. I already knew that Mjolnir flies at supersonic speeds but Mach 1800+!!! This is crazy. BTW, Do you have any calcs for Thor's Mjolnir throw speed? Anyway, thank you for this. Could prove useful in future debates.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive, well done OP

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

Thor moves so fast that he is able to flip a tank on contact. The tank is a modified kurganmashzavod BMP - 1. They weigh 30,840 lbs =13,989 kg = 137,183 Newtons

137,183 Newtons / 100 kg = 1,371.83 m/s = 3,068.7 Mph = 4,938.59 Kmh = Mach 3.99

You divided Newton by mass and got velocity?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Also-

Thor is able to blitz Malekith. Thor is able to move fast enough to move 4 cars.

Thor didn't move the cars. The portal opening behind them did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: the portals also did the same to jane, the jets and the missiles

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice work man

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work, again.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superhero24

@rbt said:

Thor is able to blitz Malekith. Thor is able to move fast enough to move 4 cars.

I was thinking about that, but Thor leaves an air current after hitting Malekith. I was also thinking the portal would already be there. They haven't suck stuff into before in the movie. Jane and Thor were able to walk through them or be near them without being sucked in. I got acceleration for force divided by mass. It is a little better in my opinion than using time and distance considering we dont exactly know how far Thor is. It looks to be 200 meters or above, but I would need a more accurate way of finding distance. You also would get the same calcs just about trying to find the momentum in the scene. Thor also seems to accelerate a ton in that scene especially at the end of his flight at Malekith. Malekith was also unable to react to him even though he was superhuman in nature. What about the other calcs?

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Job!

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Speed of sound

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can you tag me in the next one of these?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you times three bananas by two slices of bread and carry one jar of peanut butter by 201.371« % you get just under the speed of thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Low end:

Thor would need to be moving at least 607.66 m/s to move those cars.

High End:

Thor would need to be moving at most 660.66 m/s to those those cars.

How did you get 607 and 660 ???

And I think malkith portal did it.

137,183 Newtons / 100 kg = 1,371.83 m/s = 3,068.7 Mph = 4,938.59 Kmh = Mach 3.99

This is completely wrong.

In the last episode of season 3 of Agents of Shield, the Quinjet is capable of entering low orbit. The required speed to go into low orbit is 17,600 mph or just under Mach 23.

Quinn jet was already in mid air before it took off.

Rest of the calculation are good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really impressed by that tank feat. Cant believe I never saw it before

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I was thinking about that, but Thor leaves an air current after hitting Malekith. I was also thinking the portal would already be there. They haven't suck stuff into before in the movie. Jane and Thor were able to walk through them or be near them without being sucked in. I got acceleration for force divided by mass. It is a little better in my opinion than using time and distance considering we dont exactly know how far Thor is. It looks to be 200 meters or above, but I would need a more accurate way of finding distance. You also would get the same calcs just about trying to find the momentum in the scene. Thor also seems to accelerate a ton in that scene especially at the end of his flight at Malekith. Malekith was also unable to react to him even though he was superhuman in nature. What about the other calcs?

The portal clearly sucked in the final car since Thor and Malekith were already inside the portal.

Acceleration is in no way an indication for velocity. Plus, I don't think dividing the weight of cars with Thor's weight would somehow give his acceleration.

I am a little confused about the Quinjet thing. Apart from that, I don't see anything wrong in calcs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: if the portals had suction, why didn't they pull in the cars until after thor bullrushed malekith?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RBT

@rbt: if the portals had suction, why didn't they pull in the cars until after thor bullrushed malekith?

It looked like the portals opened just as Thor bullrushed. And apparently, the portals did have suction-

Do you have a gif or video?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RdZ08C4H8

skip to 1.30

plus the quinjet was going near supersonic, it was cruising and cap was standing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I'd have to see the jets and missiles being pulled in, and not just flying in themselves, but I seriously doubt the portals have enough suction to pull in multiple cars just because Jane was pulled in

No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: For the Quinjet, it was already flying, but it would still need to go over mach 22 yo get into low orbit. You wont be able to go low orbit without going that fast. How was the tank feat wrong? F = MA. Divide the force by the mass of object which is Thor. You can punch these numbers into an acceleration calculator, and it'll give you that. It is the same thing for the Malekith feat. People have been saying that the portals may have had a part, so i'll add that in.

@rbt:

The portals have been on and off with sucking things in the movie. I will add that issue under the calc. Also for the acceleration, Force = Mass × Acceleration. Acceleration = Force/mass. Force is measured in Newtons and mass in kg.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. I always figured he was way faster than a quinjet at the very least

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 said:

@nightmare52: For the Quinjet, it was already flying, but it would still need to go over mach 22 yo get into low orbit.

Can you show me your calculation.

You wont be able to go low orbit without going that fast.

Unless you are taking off from midair.

And after hydra invasion the Quinn jet AOS version got lot of upgrades in show like retro-reflective panels even MCU version Quinn jet doesn't have.

How was the tank feat wrong?

Coz it includes his flight momentum + strike force.

F = MA. Divide the force by the mass of object which is Thor. You can punch these numbers into an acceleration calculator, and it'll give you that.

Wrong since he used his mjolnir strike with his flight .

It's F= m1a1 + F1

F1 = force generated by his mjolnir.

M1 = mass of Thor.

A1 = his acceleration.

It is the same thing for the Malekith feat. People have been saying that the portals may have had a part, so i'll add that in.

Portal force was inconsistent which makes it unquantifiable.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wow impressive since he rode London Metro Rail.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 said:

@nightmare52: For the Quinjet, it was already flying, but it would still need to go over mach 22 yo get into low orbit.

Can you show me your calculation.

You wont be able to go low orbit without going that fast.

Unless you are taking off from midair.

And after hydra invasion the Quinn jet AOS version got lot of upgrades in show like retro-reflective panels even MCU version Quinn jet doesn't have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit. You need a speed of 7.8 km/s to go into low orbit. It is under orbital characteristics. Low Orbit is also 1,200 miles up. The plane seems to reach it fairly quickly. Even with the extra boost, they would have still needed to go many hundreds of miles to reach that distance. It requires less speed once you go higher than the minimum low orbit. That is also a fair point on the advancements. We don't know if they were upgraded speed wise, but it would make sense if they were.

How was the tank feat wrong?

Coz it includes his flight momentum + strike force.

F = MA. Divide the force by the mass of object which is Thor. You can punch these numbers into an acceleration calculator, and it'll give you that.

Wrong since he used his mjolnir strike with his flight .

It's F= m1a1 + F1

F1 = force generated by his mjolnir.

M1 = mass of Thor.

A1 = his acceleration.

This is true, but it isn't exactly clear if he hit the tank. It looks like he lands on the Tank instead of hitting it. I'll add this possibility to the thread.

It is the same thing for the Malekith feat. People have been saying that the portals may have had a part, so i'll add that in.

Portal force was inconsistent which makes it unquantifiable.

Fair point. The only way is seeing how far Thor was from Malekith and how fast he reached him and etc. It is still extremely fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

during 1 x 17 at the time of hydra invasion Garrett's Quinn jet needed help of the bus (AOS planes ) help to escape the drone attacks (predator drone I think)

If it's that fast like u said they can easily out run the drone attack.

it isn't exactly clear if he hit the tank. It looks like he lands on the Tank instead of hitting it.

No Caption Provided

U can clearly see his charged mjolnir strike and he lands on the ground.

The only way is seeing how far Thor was from Malekith and how fast he reached him and etc.

Trust me the value will be way below from what you expect if u try distance and frame time method.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

during 1 x 17 at the time of hydra invasion Garrett's Quinn jet needed help of the bus (AOS planes ) help to escape the drone attacks (predator drone I think)

If it's that fast like u said they can easily outrun the drone attack.

That is one showing compared to numerous other showings of it going way faster. Also, that was a drone from Shield. They are more than likely much faster than average drones. Garrett was also Hydra in disguise. There were multiple agendas being run during the attack. We dont know if Hydra or Shield could have programed it.

it isn't exactly clear if he hit the tank. It looks like he lands on the Tank instead of hitting it.

No Caption Provided

U can clearly see his charged mjolnir strike and he lands on the ground.

I see it now.

The only way is seeing how far Thor was from Malekith and how fast he reached him and etc.

Trust me the value will be way below from what you expect if u try distance and frame time method.

I know it will be smaller.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@superhero24: Hey can you do a thread based on MCU IM's travel speed?

Mjolnir seems to be in low orbit distance at the very least (most likely much farther). Mjolnir is able to reach Thor in roughly 3 - 4 seconds. Low orbit is 1,200 miles up.

Seems far, far more. TBH it seems like it was 500,000 km away (basing on the apparent size of sun and earth from that point)

Thor is able to blitz Malekith.

Let's say Thor was 200 m away from Malekith (probably more, you can calculate if you know the height of the building and the angle at which Thor was flying). Malekith couldn't even react to it, let alone move.

Low end: Malekith is as fast as a regular human

Reaction time = 0.1 second

Distance = 200 m covered in less than 0.1 second

Speed = 200/0.1 = 2000m/s = Mach 6

High end: Malekith is 10x Quicker than a regular human (likely since he was blocking Thor's hits in close quarters)

Reaction time = 0.01 second

Distance = 200 m

Speed = 200/0.01 = 20,000 m/s = Mach 60

If anything, he looked to be far, far more than 200m away. So the speed must be better than that.

No Caption Provided

Can you calculate the speed of Chitauri lasers? Assuming Cap's motorcycle speed is somewhere between 20 to 40 mph?

@rbt said:

@superhero24:

Thor moves so fast that he is able to flip a tank on contact. The tank is a modified kurganmashzavod BMP - 1. They weigh 30,840 lbs =13,989 kg = 137,183 Newtons

Also this

Rest seems okay

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Hey can you do a thread based on MCU IM's travel speed?

I could do it. Iron Man is incredibly fast though especially in Civil War.

Mjolnir seems to be in low orbit distance at the very least (most likely much farther). Mjolnir is able to reach Thor in roughly 3 - 4 seconds. Low orbit is 1,200 miles up.

Seems far, far more. TBH it seems like it was 500,000 km away (basing on the apparent size of sun and earth from that point)

It was farther. I don't know if I would say it was 500,000 km away, because I don't exactly have an accurate way to find it. If anything, it was leaving the exosphere which is 120,000 miles up. I'll add that it.

Thor is able to blitz Malekith.

Let's say Thor was 200 m away from Malekith (probably more, you can calculate if you know the height of the building and the angle at which Thor was flying). Malekith couldn't even react to it, let alone move.

Low end: Malekith is as fast as a regular human

Reaction time = 0.1 second

Distance = 200 m covered in less than 0.1 second

Speed = 200/0.1 = 2000m/s = Mach 6

High end: Malekith is 10x Quicker than a regular human (likely since he was blocking Thor's hits in close quarters)

Reaction time = 0.01 second

Distance = 200 m

Speed = 200/0.01 = 20,000 m/s = Mach 60

If anything, he looked to be far, far more than 200m away. So the speed must be better than that.

I am gonna try to figure out the speed Thor went without using the cars, but I would say it's safer to go in the lower end range. We don't know exactly how much superior Elves are to humans. We cant assume.

No Caption Provided

Can you calculate the speed of Chitauri lasers? Assuming Cap's motorcycle speed is somewhere between 20 to 40 mph?

I could try. I can tell you that Loki's scepter shoots blast out at incredible speeds, and I already did Vision's beams going between mach 5 - mach 10.

@rbt said:

@superhero24:

Also this

I got acceleration. It doesn't matter though, since Nightmare52 pointed out that Thor hit the tank with Mjolnir instead of landing on it.

Rest seems okay

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His is name is still Chad-Slowdenson

bubbafarted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: If you could somehow figure out Chitauri laser speeds or the speed of Loki's scepter that would be awesome for figuring out Thor's actual reaction time

bubbafarted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Superhero24

@bubbafarted said:

@jayc1324:

I can definitely try to do the chitauri blast.

yes, please calculate this.

No Caption Provided

This one I don't think can really be calced. We dont even see the projectile until Sif blocks it. Arrows move at around 250 mph, but this arrow is shot like a gun. I would say it should be around a bullet in speed.

No Caption Provided

This is Vulcan cannon fire. it moves at Mach 2 or a decent amount above. I don't know if it was a clear feat of reacting, because he is just falling. He does clearly react and perceive Quicksilver who moves as fast or almost as fast as a bullet.

bubbafarted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bubbafarted

@superhero24:

wouldn't it be correct to say cap america was able to throw his shield at q.s.? also many scenes show q.s is visible to the naked eye.

Loading Video...

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Superhero24

@bubbafarted:

If you're talking about the slow mo scene with QS seeing the shield in slow mo then no. Cap was throwing the shield at an Ultron bot, I dont remember Cap being able to track QS. QS doesn't always run at mach 1 - mach 2 speeds, but in the action scenes where he is fighting real hard, he does move around that speed for the most part.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kildcmcti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers