• 96 results
#51 Posted by Spambot (8478 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobandjim1260: I agree in the sense I think we will see Thanos' storyline with the gems be completed in Infinity War. I also have thought for quite a while that Magus will be the main enemy in the one after that and Thanos may play a part in that film as well. Just not sure if the gems will play a role. I think they will be self contained in terms of finishing story arcs but still build upon what has come before them. Much like how trilogies often work. I think they are closely enough related that it at one point made sense to call them IF I&II but Feige wanted people to feel like they could be getting closure by watching the first one without feeling like they would be left hanging until the next one came out.

#52 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: she looks really awesome. Although her being locked away is interesting.

#53 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: that's honestly what I'm hoping for too. The new picture released of Hela makes me wonder if she will take Mistress Death's place. I guess we need to get closer to the actual films to find out. Hela looks pretty awesome though.

#54 Edited by Asgaard (3765 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for cocoussybreaker
#55 Posted by CocoUssyBreaker (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Something will happen to Hela in the end of Thor Ragnarok and she will end up as Lady Death.

#56 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: kinda figured that one, but it's still relevant to the thread.

#57 Edited by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocoussybreaker: I have a small feeling that something like this may happen. However, it's really difficult to know at this point.

Avatar image for cocoussybreaker
#58 Posted by CocoUssyBreaker (423 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Asgaard (3765 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't be surprised if she was.

#61 Posted by RabumAlal (3678 posts) - - Show Bio

*Spoilers*

*Spoilers*

Unworthy Thor #5 might be a step in that direction with Hela hooking up with Thanos.

#62 Edited by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: doesn't work well for the comic version of Thanos at all. God what have they done to his character? But it definitely could indicate something that's about to happen in the films. However, I'm still not sure.

#63 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is how I think Hela could work as the love interest for Thanos. She needs to be more powerful than him *in his base form*. She needs to actually be some sort of cosmic force. It makes the entire concept more eerie. She needs to reject him. She needs to not talk to him and refuse to touch him despite all his offers.

If Hela's involvement with Thanos is similar to that, I'd be fine.

However, this whole being locked away thing seems kind of silly. I'd also be fine with her being the avatar of death, or what death uses to interact with the world being an abstract concept. That I would be fine with.

She shouldn't just be some evil women who developed the power to kill things she touches. I'll be a little upset if that's the road the film takes with her.

#64 Posted by TVC-15 (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe, it'd help tie Thor in with the upcoming Thanos stuff.

#65 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

A new theory for you guys. Seeing as how they are said to be borrowing aspects from Thanos Rising for Infinity War, I had an idea. What if Hela sees Mistress Death while no one else can. Death constantly follows her everywhere she goes causing Death and destruction to everything she touches. What if she felt the only way to rid herself of Mistress Death was to destroy the nine realms? What if the reason she was locked up and driven mad was because nobody believed her when she said there was a skeleton women following her around causing this destruction. What if she holds a grudge against Asgard for mocking her and ultimately imprisoning her.

Now, what if Thanos has this happening to him too. What if Thanos, unlike Hela, actually enjoys this and is actually trying to get her to stay with him by providing her death on a level nobody has before? What if he fell in love with the death figure nobody else can see?

It would be a very awesome spin on the whole thing. I honestly hope they go this route as it's the best way to include all three characters in an interesting and tie in way.

#66 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Asgaard (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: thoughts on the theory?

Looks interesting and (live action) feasible... But i guess i need to know more about who really is Mcu Hela... From ancestry to motivations...

#68 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: Agreed. I just think it'd be a cool way to do all three characters in an interesting way without having to sacrifice any of them.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#69 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

And from today's awesome trailer we can make a good guess how Thanos gets the space gem from Asgards vault. Once Hela nukes Asgard she will claim the gem/cube and join with Thanos or Thanos will goto Asgard and pick it out of the wreckage not having to worry about resistance.

I believe Helmsworth did mention Ragnarock will lead into Infinity War.

#70 Posted by those_eyes (17292 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is how I think Hela could work as the love interest for Thanos. She needs to be more powerful than him *in his base form*. She needs to actually be some sort of cosmic force. It makes the entire concept more eerie. She needs to reject him. She needs to not talk to him and refuse to touch him despite all his offers.

If Hela's involvement with Thanos is similar to that, I'd be fine.

However, this whole being locked away thing seems kind of silly. I'd also be fine with her being the avatar of death, or what death uses to interact with the world being an abstract concept. That I would be fine with.

She shouldn't just be some evil women who developed the power to kill things she touches. I'll be a little upset if that's the road the film takes with her.

thats what it will be. lol

#71 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by the_wspanialy (2119 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind it, though I would prefer Hella to be some sort of host for Death, an avatar.

#74 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Quill saw Eternity and Ego is a member of the Celestials. This gives us hope that the rumor of Eva Green playing Mistress Death is coming true.

#75 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wspanialy: This very well might be the case. It even says in her description in the Guardians of the Galaxy film art book that she is able to possess people.

#76 Posted by kgb725 (15454 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela is already basically death

#77 Posted by destinyman75 (9461 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps is actually looking that way I'm fine with it if it is so...

#78 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: except, if you are referring to the comics, Lady death is not a villain and is way more powerful.

#79 Edited by kgb725 (15454 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Edited by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

kgb725: it is actually. She is not like Mistress Death in many ways. One, she's not a cosmic entity meant to maintain balance in the Universe. Two, Hela is an Asgardian, not an abstract. Three, Mistress Death is actually her master and is far more powerful. Another thing to realize is that Mistress Death has already been shown in Guardians of the Galaxy. Besides the rumors of Eva Green playing Death, Hela will more likely than not be some sort of Avatar or combination of the two entities with a very heavy leaning towards Mistress Death.

#81 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I look into it and read other people's theories as well as Easter Eggs and leaks for the various films. It looks like Hela will in some way be related to Lady Death, but may not be her or completely be her yet. Lady Death and Hela are linked in some way. They may still end up being one and the same, but something tells me that if they are going as cosmic as they claim to be and if their Easter Eggs come into fruition like they have in the past, I'd make more sense for Hela to be an Asguardian who works for Mistress Death in some way than trying to explain how Hela is a cosmic entity alongside Eternity, Infinity, and Entropy. Just my observations.

#82 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/josh-brolin-teases-thanos-look-leaked-avengers-infinity-war-set-photo-1624770

Josh Brolin took to twitter with his motion dot mask on recently with the quote "just an average purple guy looking for love". Pretty interesting after Kevin said that Thanos's motivations will be extremely similar to what they were during Infinity Gauntlet.

#83 Edited by thor321 (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobandjim1260: then who imprisoned her???

she is too powerful to be imprisoned if she is Death.

#84 Posted by TheNoobStomper (571 posts) - - Show Bio

They said Hela is a combination of Hela and Gor, the God Butcher (because she wields the necrosword in the film). Don't know about her merging with Mistress Death but i wouldn't doubt it. It would be kind of repetitive having another character that looks "death-related" ifwe are gonna have Hela, Proxima Midnight and Mistress Death separately.

#85 Posted by thor321 (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenoobstomper: she doesn't have a Necrosword.

she has multiple of those swords and she creates them on a whim.

#86 Posted by TheNoobStomper (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: Exactly. Its the Necrosword that allows her to manifest all the other weapons

#87 Posted by thor321 (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenoobstomper: its an empowered sword, something like what warriors of Asgard use only her version of it.

Necrosword in the comics is entire different in lore.

#88 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenoobstomper: Would you be able to link me or give me a quote to support those statements, as I'd like to read thrm.

#89 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: Not sure, as she doesn't seem nearly powerful enough to be an abstract. I feel that she'll somehow be a servant of Mistress Death. Many people seem to think Hela would be a better mistress Death because she has a motivation and more character. I feel those people don't really understand the concept of Mistress Death in the comics or why she stayed silent the enrire time. Instead of Thanos being in love with Hela and forming some crazy power couple, i really hope they include the abstracts (actually making a physical appearance) with Mistress death denying Thanos what he worked so hard to get. The leaked Infinity War trailer, easter eggs in earlier films and quotes from many of those working on the film strongly suggest that Mistress Death will be Thanos's love interest, not Hela.

#90 Posted by Superhero24 (3855 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobandjim1260:

I agree. I really hope the abstract Death is involved. I feel it would add more depth and history to the movie and MCU.

#91 Edited by thor321 (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: Not sure, as she doesn't seem nearly powerful enough to be an abstract. I feel that she'll somehow be a servant of Mistress Death. Many people seem to think Hela would be a better mistress Death because she has a motivation and more character. I feel those people don't really understand the concept of Mistress Death in the comics or why she stayed silent the enrire time. Instead of Thanos being in love with Hela and forming some crazy power couple, i really hope they include the abstracts (actually making a physical appearance) with Mistress death denying Thanos what he worked so hard to get. The leaked Infinity War trailer, easter eggs in earlier films and quotes from many of those working on the film strongly suggest that Mistress Death will be Thanos's love interest, not Hela.

she will definitely appear, that's for certain.

wonder is Hela will be involved in the future.

its Cate Blanchett after all.

#92 Posted by TheNoobStomper (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenoobstomper: Would you be able to link me or give me a quote to support those statements, as I'd like to read thrm.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/All-Black_the_Necrosword

Go under Powers->Dark Constructs

And:

Loading Video...

GO TO 3:58 (I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT TIME STAMPS)

#93 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

So i just talked to someone who supposedly saw the Thor Ragnarok film.

If you want to know whether Thanos is in it or whether or not Hela is Mistress Death, let me know. PM me if you want to know and don't share this potentially spoiler information.

#95 Posted by bobandjim1260 (811 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who want the movie spoiled. It appears that other people online who have seen the film are basically saying everything the guy on YouTube told me last night. Read through this forum if you want mire in-depth spoilers.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=534775&page=4

#96 Posted by PerplexedSage (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not, but since this is the movies we’re talking about...

#97 Edited by Trust_This_786 (1608 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly. This is Cate Blanchet and Hela and Thanos are dating in current comics

No Caption Provided