• 66 results
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Justiciar

According to an official statement made by Marvel Entertainment, Melinda May is "the most lethal agent SHIELD's ever seen." This is a badass official statement, and it shows the level at which May operates on a consistent basis.

I personally think that this statement is true. Agree or disagree?

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Green_Ballerina

I can’t believe some people sleep on Melinda’s combat prowess. I would hate to catch the hands from her lol.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt she's more dangerous than Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've never watched agents of shied however it doesn't make sense for her to be better than black widow

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Justiciar

@donwayneii: Why not? May was the first-draft pick for the Avengers months in advance. She opted not to join because of a traumatic field op that made her kill a little girl, leaving her a dark shell of her former self. Also, Coulson states that she has more black belts than Widow does. May even destroyed an assassin who was renowned for almost having killed Hawkeye (she was unarmed and the assassin had a chain spear).

@amcu said:

I doubt she's more dangerous than Cap.

Interesting. I rarely see Cap brought up in these conversations (even though he definitely was a SHIELD agent). But May is definitely more lethal from what we've seen. Her marksmanship and skill are superior to Cap's, even if she isn't physically enhanced like he is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't call her the Cavalry for nothing. Cap is obviously enhanced but that's cheating. "Most lethal" is definitely a title she deserves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've never watched agents of shied however it doesn't make sense for her to be better than black widow

They directly mention Natasha multiple times, often stating when someone does something as well as she once did it, or better. Black Widow is definitely one of the best, but she isn't untouchable, there are other SHIELD agents on her level.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelJax

I mean, barring the obvious super-powered agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. like Cap, Quake, Lincoln, or Yo-Yo, yeah I'd say that statement is true. Especially in May's specialty (CQC) with Widow being her only real competition atm.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Justiciar

@angeljax said:

I mean, barring the obvious super-powered agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. like Cap, Quake, Lincoln, or Yo-Yo, yeah I'd say that statement is true. Especially is May's specialty (CQC) with Widow being her only real competition atm.

Widow is fantastic too, for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

I mean, barring the obvious super-powered agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. like Cap, Quake, Lincoln, or Yo-Yo, yeah I'd say that statement is true. Especially in May's specialty (CQC) with Widow being her only real competition atm.

Now that I think about it, Ward should be up there too. He was beating May when they fought, and he has great sniping feats too.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Justiciar

@jayc1324 said:
@angeljax said:

Now that I think about it, Ward should be up there too. He was beating May when they fought, and he has great sniping feats too.

He had top grades in combat by SHIELD's standards, but I think May was intended to be his slight superior in raw lethality!

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Ward is slightly behind them, May was always implied to be his superior by feats and statements. And Widow in-universe is regarded as one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best which is right where May stands.

Avatar image for deactivated-59e4cec767898
deactivated-59e4cec767898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it. She's among the most skilled in the entire MCU.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never be able to decide overall who's the best among May, Widow, Ward and Bobbi. I had Clint placed in the same bracket too but now I've downgraded him. Clint is an elite agent but still not on par with them. But I'd say he's versatile and has had much more exposure to global threats and dealing with them by becoming an avenger so he's something else now, above the shield agents's paycheck. But fundamentally Clint isn't on par with these four.

Among these four, I think May is the best fighter followed by Bobbi followed by Widow/Ward. In espionage, Widow is at the top with Ward at second. Ward and Widow score high in improvisation and unpredictability too. Bobbi and May are just better fighters. They've fought above their weight multiple times.

Also among them, Ward is my Favorite. Brett Dalton was fantatsic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deltahuman

I'll never be able to decide overall who's the best among May, Widow, Ward and Bobbi. I had Clint placed in the same bracket too but now I've downgraded him. Clint is an elite agent but still not on par with them. But I'd say he's versatile and has had much more exposure to global threats and dealing with them by becoming an avenger so he's something else now, above the shield agents's paycheck. But fundamentally Clint isn't on par with these four.

Among these four, I think May is the best fighter followed by Bobbi followed by Widow/Ward. In espionage, Widow is at the top with Ward at second. Ward and Widow score high in improvisation and unpredictability too. Bobbi and May are just better fighters. They've fought above their weight multiple times.

Also among them, Ward is my Favorite. Brett Dalton was fantatsic.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Most lethal" could also translate to "has killed the most" or "the most likely to kill". It's not a conclusive statement on skill since, more often than not, it's more difficult to accomplish a mission without killing.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Most lethal" could also translate to "has killed the most" or "the most likely to kill". It's not a conclusive statement on skill since, more often than not, it's more difficult to accomplish a mission without killing.

Great point!

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngelJax

@deltahuman: Bobbi is the best *fighter* S.H.I.E.L.D. has produced. She's an absolute beast. However I wouldn't consider her the most lethal since her morals prevent her from killing or seriously wounding her enemies.

In order from most to least leathal I'd put it as May >=Ward/Widow > Daisy (depowered) > Clint > Bobbi

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Justiciar
deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax:

I wouldn't directly say Bobbi is the best fighter produced by shield but among the non enhanced, she has the best showings against guys with superhuman strength. She has great pain tolerance and has equalled both May and Ward in combat. Widow and Bobbi are both pretty so they can use it to their advantage in the spying business too. Personally I think Adrianne Palicki is prettier than Johansson.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: no shield agent is on Natasha's level, let's be very real here.

Not true at all. Hawkeye for one is. Ward has also been directly compared to her numerous times in the show, and there are multiple people on Ward's level as well. By pure feats there are plenty of people on her level and above.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What else is new?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What else is new?

Got an A on my Accounting test

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DSTREET45
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Damn, Well screw you widow and Hawkeye

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what you're saying is there's officially no reason for Black Widow to be a part of the Avengers?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Justiciar

@tomkatie: That's not at all what Marvel is saying. The non-powered Avengers aren't on some god tier of skill, there are individuals who can match them.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see it.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put both Widow and Ward above her.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Justiciar

@pipxeroth: Really? Both of them above May herself in pure lethality?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: "Pure lethality" isn't exactly a well defined term. I think both of them are better fighters, which is the way I understand the comment.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: I don't think they're better fighters, at-least not by implication and logic.

Coulson said that May possesses more black belts than Widow, and I always saw Ward as a physical beast but slightly less skilled than May.

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take away widows sting and all her gadgets. Put her in a fight against May. The results is May winning based on feats. In verse logic is a bit tougher for it to make sense, but May would at least put up one hell of a fight.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torikowontdie: I don't think it's tough to make sense of with in-universe logic. May is basically confirmed to be the superior martial artist to Romanoff.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister:

I don't think they're better fighters, at-least not by implication and logic.

Coulson said that May possesses more black belts than Widow, and I always saw Ward as a physical beast but slightly less skilled than May.

Statements are meaningless without the feats to back them up. And having more black belts frankly means nothing.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They went for black widow because May declined the offer of being an avenger, also in H2H Ward > Widow

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

ATM only because Ward is dead, but even when May is a better fighter he can still give her a fight.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Justiciar
@pipxeroth said:

@the_magister:

Statements are meaningless without the feats to back them up. And having more black belts frankly means nothing.

I'd argue May does have the feats, though. She consistently fights named and reputable opponents. She destroyed a guy who was renowned for almost having killed Hawkeye when she was unarmed and he had his chain spear. Hawkeye (sort of) evenly matched Black Widow every time they fought. You do the math.

@rukelnikovftw said:
@donwayneii said:

They went for black widow because May declined the offer of being an avenger, also in H2H Ward > Widow

By sheer feats, yes Ward > Widow in h2h. But scaling and logic are just as important imo, since we aren't on the Battle Forums

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Justiciar

@angeljax: CW Arrow one-shots May with god level physicals though, let's not kid ourselves here

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth said:

@the_magister:

I'd argue May does have the feats, though. She consistently fights named and reputable opponents. She destroyed a guy who was renowned for almost having killed Hawkeye when she was unarmed and he had his chain spear. Hawkeye (sort of) evenly matched Black Widow every time they fought. You do the math.

@rukelnikovftw said:
@donwayneii said:

By sheer feats, yes Ward > Widow in h2h. But scaling and logic are just as important imo, since we aren't on the Battle Forums

Well, by logic, Widow was SHIELDs second option and May was their first, that should tell you plenty.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: It didn't even need to be said. Arrow could blink her out of existence if he wanted to.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Justiciar

@rukelnikovftw: We know that May was wanted for the Avengers Initiative many months in advance, but do we know when Black Widow was picked? It could've been even before that for all we know.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

@the_magister: It didn't even need to be said. Arrow could blink her out of existence if he wanted to.

Saying that Ollie even needs to blink is a severe underrating of his combat prowess.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Saying that Ollie even needs to blink is a severe underrating of his combat prowess.

lmao

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, its Skye.