• 128 results
#101 Posted by comic_fan123 (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people always drag Superman everywhere now

#102 Posted by MonsterStomp (36773 posts) - - Show Bio

'cause he's the best. Duh.

Na, Superman was brought up because this thread is a response to Kurse vs. Superman thread in the battle forum.

Avatar image for scathanapprover
#103 Posted by ScathanApprover (1438 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

^ Body limp, totally knocked out. Tossed into a building a few blocks away, doesn't return back for exactly 64 seconds after he makes impact. He was knocked out for over a minute by a pillar.

All this says is that Superman's durability cap physically is actually past small nuke level, but his capp for what is required to knock him out cold is only small pillar, a few ton impact. Kurse has enough striking power to knock Superman out cold and physically manhandle him. He does not have the required force to kill him or destroy his body. You see, my point is that Superman and Thor share the similar feats and durability types. They almost mirror each other perfectly.

Thor, gets hit with a boulder and it stuns him. Sits in the middle of a nuke+ level explosion, gets tossed away but recovers fully soon after, body in tact.

Superman, gets hit with a small stone pillar, it knocks him out cold. Sits in the middle of a nuke explosion and is instantly zombified and rendered totally unable to recover without the sun to help him.

#104 Posted by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@scathanapprover: So you're forgetting all the kryptonite he inhaled minutes before the doomsday encounter..just ignore that part right? Lol..Also ignore how weak his punches to doomsday were..The scenes clearly showed he was still struggling with his strength before he got ko'd

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#105 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11560 posts) - - Show Bio

@scathanapprover: So you're forgetting all the kryptonite he inhaled minutes before the doomsday encounter..just ignore that part right? Lol..Also ignore how weak his punches to doomsday were..The scenes clearly showed he was still struggling with his strength before he got ko'd

It's an MCU powerhouse fan. They always ignore context.

#106 Edited by ScathanApprover (1438 posts) - - Show Bio

I see. He can fully recover from a nuke in moments, but the gas that he breathed in? That stays with him for a long time. Context...that gas totally stays in his lungs and his body doesn't heal from it at all. Also, there was no context showing that Superman wasn't recovering from it during the battle. You know, those scenes of getting punched in the face and getting hurt, then a little less, then nothing at all in the span of 3 seconds? Ya okay. What other theories do you guys cling to that aren't represented at all in the movie?

@transformaa said:

#107 Posted by MonsterStomp (36773 posts) - - Show Bio

I see. He can fully recover from a nuke in moments, but the gas that he breathed in? That stays with him for a long time. Context...that gas totally stays in his lungs and his body doesn't heal from it at all. Also, there was no context showing that Superman wasn't recovering from it during the battle. You know, those scenes of getting punched in the face and getting hurt, then a little less, then nothing at all in the span of 3 seconds? Ya okay. What other theories do you guys cling to that aren't represented at all in the movie?

He recovered from the nuke because he was absorbing sunlight. Clearly he was still recovering from kryptonite. I mean, the scratch from the kryptonite spear was still on his face.

#108 Posted by APEX_pretador (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryubh: @thor_parker82:

This thread IS NOT ABOUT COMIC SUPERMAN, NOT EVEN MOVIE SUPERMAN. PLEASE JUST TAKE THIS DISCUSSION TO ANOTHER THREAD OR PM

@sleeping_and_eating:

I have already checked it out, but there are 3 problems with that calcs:

• Underestimation of kurse's height. It leads to underestimation of boulder's size
  • A small part of the rock is off-screen
  • The above calcs also force the underestimation of the path travelled.

It must be also noted that kurse's feet are not clear in the scan, so inconsistencies arise when different people do calcs.

Plus when we are dealing with this type of calcs, a small error might end up being a large difference.

@rag_man said:

Hmm, very Interesting stuff.

Do the Fant4stic Four Thing now. Based off of these boulder and durability feats I think he could possibly take Kurse. https://youtu.be/XFrqcMMff9w?t=45

Sigh, fant4stic.

Anyways, from the looks of it, it seems about 5x Thing's height in length and 2.2x Thig's height.

Conisdering thing is as tall as a human, I'd say this rock is around 200-300 tons more or less. I'm not going into proper calcs for that movie, but you can use powerpoint to compare it to thing's height.

Now, it is assuming it is even rock, if it is Ice, it would be around 100 tons.

But, one question - why it weights less than kurse rock when it is bigger?

Ans: It is not bigger.

When I opened the images side by side, I could clearly see that kurse (who is a lot bigger than FOX thing) appears to be around the same size as thing in the image. When I adjusted their size according to thing & kurse's size difference, the rock kurse was holding was a LOT bigger.

#109 Posted by AvatarReiko (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaaaaaand Kurse is still weaker than Superman

#110 Posted by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
#111 Posted by sleeping_and_eating (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador:

He does take into consideration for Kurse's knees being bent and the tip of the rock missing was insignificant. Also the rock was missing chunks in numerous places. Gojirason even posted a pic for comparison of a 100 ton pink granite rock, that's extremely close in size to the one Kurse threw.

#112 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16140 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#113 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11560 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaaaaaand Kurse is still weaker than Superman

#114 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: This is incredible, mate. You obviously put a lot of time into calculating it. Incredible feat for both Kurse and Thor. A feat like this will make fans of the other characters cry after every Marvel movie mate. Well done.

#115 Posted by APEX_pretador (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: This is incredible, mate. You obviously put a lot of time into calculating it. Incredible feat for both Kurse and Thor. A feat like this will make fans of the other characters cry after every Marvel movie mate. Well done.

thanks

#116 Edited by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@scathanapprover: Stop being a prick and listen for once..It's clearly implemented in the movie that superman wasn't fully healed from the kryptonite from batman..Hence that's why he still looked fatigued and why he still had a cut on his face..After the nuke.. when the sun hit his body he fully recovered. Just like in MOS whem the world engine had him reaching for the sun. He was completely drained than moments later he's traveling halfway across the planet full speed to get back to metropolis..

#117 Posted by ScathanApprover (1438 posts) - - Show Bio

So he is a moron then who isn't smart enough to take 2 seconds to fly into the sky and recharge? But somehow you think he'll still take out Kurse despite being this inept? Nice try, what other fan fictions did you write for Kal in MoS and BvS? He decides to pick up the spear of KRYPTONITE and slowly fly it in, instead of flying back up in the sky briefly, recharging and then having that extra strength to chuck it at DD very fast and have it go right through him...

As we all know, gas in your lungs will totally stay in it and it makes sense because he had a scratch on his face. That expositionscene of Batman suddenly inflicting a lot of damage and then no damage at all...ya, that wasn't there to show you he expelled all the gas from his lungs. Lol. Flawless logic. The spear sliced off his skin, the gas expelled from his lungs but not to you...to you, gas and air stays in the body and never gets expelled out.

No Caption Provided

@scathanapprover: Stop being a prick and listen for once..It's clearly implemented in the movie that superman wasn't fully healed from the kryptonite from batman..Hence that's why he still looked fatigued and why he still had a cut on his face..After the nuke.. when the sun hit his body he fully recovered. Just like in MOS whem the world engine had him reaching for the sun. He was completely drained than moments later he's traveling halfway across the planet full speed to get back to metropolis..

#118 Edited by shroudofsorrow (5813 posts) - - Show Bio

@scathanapprover: I don't see how Superman was knocked out there. I'd also take it as more an indicator of Doomsday's strength, not that a pillar is all it takes to knock Superman out.

Also, when did Thor survive a nuclear explosion in the MCU?

@apex_pretador: So what is your current assessment of the Kurse boulder feat? Has anything changed in your mind since the initial post?

#119 Posted by DammeFavour (8340 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: compare ur 500 ton boulder to the levitated mass. Nd see how wrong nd biased u are

#120 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: I thought I would bump this thread again, since I noticed a few MCU Thor strenght/durability related questions popping up and I thought you put a respectable amount of work into this thread.

#121 Posted by APEX_pretador (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: I thought I would bump this thread again, since I noticed a few MCU Thor strenght/durability related questions popping up and I thought you put a respectable amount of work into this thread.

Should I update the OP with another image?

#122 Posted by Erik_Soong (1560 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik_soong said:

Should I update the OP with another image?

I admit that I haven't been following the discussion here. Why would you think you need to? If you have more feats and are willing to put in more work to explain them, it would be a welcome addition.

#123 Posted by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't need these calcs to know how great a feat it was but thanks for the good calculations. All I saw was a massive rock shatter on thor upon impact and I thought that was one tough mother @%!%#er

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
#124 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador:

1. using a cylinder formula in the calculation will just exaggerate volume size from it's actual size.
  2. it looks more like sedimentary rock structure which has density bellow ur assumption value .
  3. it took more than 2 sec , considering that took almost 60 frames in a 25 frames /sec video.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#125 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job man. Good calculations.

#126 Posted by Gotoucanario (2958 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#127 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, still don't get how this isn't just a much better Kurse Boulder feat.

I respect your effort with these calcs, but man Kurse is overrated because of that stupid boulder.

#128 Posted by Bomberman1404 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919: Exactly. 100 000 tons worth of strenght because he threw a boulder. Even more wanked character than MCU Cap. Kurse fanboys are ridiculous

#129 Edited by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#130 Posted by APEX_pretador (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

Thanks, although I overdid it slightly