Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Is Ego still a celestial?

No Caption Provided

Celestials were depicted as far more stoic and distant from humanity than Ego was. While they were depicted as overseeing and almost all powerful, Ego was anything but. It's very hard to envision the celestials from Eternals as taking on human forms and making attachments. That role was saved for the Eternals.

Comparatively, Ego falls in love with a human woman and is plagued by basic human emotions (greed, etc). He was also defeated rather easily. It's difficult to reconcile him with the Celestials we saw in Eternlas IMO.

Thoughts?

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Possibly, we still don’t know too much about celestials in terms of what is regular for there species and what is not. Like seemly baby celestials are planet busters but eson had to use the power stone to surface wipe a planet so idk.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said he was one, maybe there are just different kinds, don't see anything in the MCU being actually retconned unless there's strong on screen evidence. Like Cap being able to wield Thor's hammer.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing we know contradicts that. He might be calling himself a godlike being rather than a part f the group

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6 krisbishop  Moderator

He could easily have been a Celestial gone rogue. But I'm sure Marvel would rather us forget about Ego.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a great theory explaining that maybe Ego’s seed never got the proper nourishment from a planet like the others possibly because his planet was destroyed. He did say he was a “small” god.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think he ever was an actual Celestial. There are no similarities between Ego and the Celestials we have seen, in terms of appearance, size, personality, and goals.

Reyne-TheAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's a Celestial. Celestials produce a golden energy from which Eternals pull from. Ego produces a blue energy and he has no idea where he came from, and so when he ventured to other worlds, he learned of the Celestials, and so thinking himself as another powerful being, he called himself a Celestial.

NameNotFound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2 theories I have are that he's a Celestial who's host planet was destroyed, so he never became a full Celestial, or he's something entirely different. He wasn't NEARLY as powerful as the other Celestials

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until stated otherwise

Yes. He's probably a premature celestial or something

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people behind GOTG vol 2 and Eternals probably had very different creative ideas on Celestials but they'll probably explain it in the future.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We only met 1 Celestial in Eternals, that's not enough to make generalizations about them. Like others have said, maybe he's a different type, or maybe they're all just different from each other.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not the same race as the ones from Eternals

Cristhian97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Celestials should be all the same?

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, but a tumor kind of one.

Randomidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark:

Yes. He's probably a premature celestial or something

This seems most likely. I theorize that his brain was the only thing that developed before the civilization on his planet was destroyed and he ended up using the planet as his body, or he woke up early and took over the planet, therefore halting the development of his body.

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he's a mutated one or this

He's probably a premature celestial or something

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

He did lie a lot in his film. And did big himself up a lot with his massive ego (pun intended). So when he said he was a Celestial he could easily have been exaggerating or flat out lying.

Then again, he seemed pretty confident in it and I don’t see much reason for him to lie about what he is, not when he revealed his plan anyway. So I’d say he is one.

Whether or not he’s the same as the others is a different question. Maybe he is the same, and just instead of making himself a giant body he just made a planet instead and a little avatar to explore. He appeared differently and acted differently from the other celestials, but maybe he was just separated from the others? Or was always alone so wasn’t part of their plan? Or maybe he is different, premature or perhaps super old, or just some differently evolved outcast?

We will probably never know for sure unless any creators come out and clear it up.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good question. Going by Eternals, Celestials (or at least some of them I guess) are born of planets but are not planets themselves. Unless there are various Celestials, like Ego, that’ll be explained in an Eternals sequel or many even GotG 3?…idk

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel like Ego is closer to something like Dormammu than Celestials. Like maybe if his plan succeeded and he seeded every planet, he would have eventually merged with the universe and become a more Dormammu-esque being.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well even in the comics, Celestial can vary VASTLY on power levels so I would not be 100% certain that Ego is not a Celestial based on that alone.

The 2 theories I have are that he's a Celestial who's host planet was destroyed, so he never became a full Celestial, or he's something entirely different. He wasn't NEARLY as powerful as the other Celestials

I like the idea of him being a prematurely born Celestial.