• 100 results
#1 Posted by MarlboroMan (2612 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

It seems organized to bring the movie rating down. They are succesful so far the movie has 6.6 right now.

#2 Posted by All-Father (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU fanboys are redefining the word pathetic.

#3 Posted by MarlboroMan (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: Yeah this is really pitiful. I've never seen a imdb rating with 25% trollers.

I didn't watch the movie yet, but if it's as good as the critics are saying, it would be pretty sad if this effect the movie strongly.

#4 Posted by MOWJACK (992 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't care about ratings

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#5 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (3465 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol wow that's a lot of haters

#6 Edited by GodSaveUsAll (610 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:

You'll have to explain why you deduced most of the "1" scores belonged to the DCEU fanboys.

It could very well be the rare case of The Last Jedi (Critics love it, but General Audience don't).

It could very well be the pathetic alt-right group that some comicvine posters seem to have problem believing that they are in the wrong.

#7 Posted by foxerdes (8171 posts) - - Show Bio

Luckily we have unbiased and accurate sites like Rotten Tomatoes. Don't worry.

#8 Posted by APEX_pretador (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther one-shots by releasing the kinetic energy he absorbed in his suit, creating a massive shockwave

And they can't hurt him either. Even if it was reduced to H2H only, he blitzes and decapitates by a claw swipe.

#9 Posted by MainJP (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

This means nothing.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#10 Posted by war of light_2814 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

It's both haters and fanboys, take a look a the disproportion of both 1 and 10.

#11 Edited by Gazool (711 posts) - - Show Bio

What's a mob to a king?

#12 Posted by Asgaard (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

It's both haters and fanboys, take a look a the disproportion of both 1 and 10.

At least we know there is nothing like that in CV... Wait...

#13 Posted by Batman242 (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

What gives you the impression that DCEU fanboys are the ones responsible?

Avatar image for generalbeastgod
#14 Posted by generalbeastgod (442 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a lot of under cover DC fans. Pathetic. Take the L with dignity.

#15 Posted by DirtyTree333 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obviously not worthy of 1 star, but anywhere from 6.5-7.5 is reasonable IMO, even for IMDb standards.

BP was the worst Marvel film I've seen in a while.

#16 Posted by sinikettu (2558 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by DirtyTree333 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: But I have though.

Want me to spoil it for you?

Klaus gets shot to death by Killmonger, T'Challa wins the first challenge against the Ghekre tribe leader and loses the second against Killmonger (who becomes king and tries to distribute vibranium tech around the world to take over), gets thrown off a waterfall, found by a Ghekre fisherman and is revived by the herb, challenges Killmonger and prevails but the villain gets mortally wounded.

#18 Edited by sinikettu (2558 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333: doesn't matter you still haven't seen it. You've just read the spoiler sites.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#20 Edited by ProteusXManRxis (2539 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#21 Posted by AsheTDust (941 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU fanboys may be pathetic, but they scored a major victory by bringing Bendis to the DC side!

Wait...

#22 Edited by Emanresu_20 (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333:

I honestly want to know what origin story you would have made for T’Challa. If you are basically saying the movie sucked because it’s predictable what else did you expect?

By the way I doubt you predicted the other conflicts going on on the movie as well as Killmongers ambitions going into the movie. The only things you predicted were what fights T’Challa would win. We all knew T’Challa was going to win in the end since... I don’t know maybe... the infinity war trailer has him in it.

#23 Posted by DirtyTree333 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333:

I honestly want to know what origin story you would have made for T’Challa. If you are basically saying the movie sucked because it’s predictable what else did you expect?

By the way I doubt you predicted the other conflicts going on on the movie as well as Killmongers ambitions going into the movie. The only things you predicted were what fights T’Challa would win. We all knew T’Challa was going to win in the end since... I don’t know maybe... the infinity war trailer has him in it.

It's not an origin story. No idea what lead you to think that.

Where are you getting this prediction stuff from? The spoiler is a summary of the plot. Don't act so condescending when you're ignoring my points (like you did in the other thread).

#24 Posted by Outside_85 (20052 posts) - - Show Bio

Or you know, the same bunch of pathetic Marvel fans complaining about the state of their comics where a bunch of white dudes have been replaced with people of color and women.

#25 Posted by All-Father (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:

Or you know, the same bunch of pathetic Marvel fans complaining about the state of their comics where a bunch of white dudes have been replaced with people of color and women.

Marvel fans actually have something legitimate to complain about when writers are writing horrible stories using diversity as an excuse. On the other hand, you got people starting petitions to shut down rotten tomatoes because it gave their movies bad reviews and going to IMDB and deliberately lowering the movies score.

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (32097 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's at 7.6/10 now, which gives some merit to the theory that the initial votes were an attempt to hamstring the film.

#27 Posted by Outside_85 (20052 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel fans actually have something legitimate to complain about when writers are writing horrible stories using diversity as an excuse.

On the other hand, you got people starting petitions to shut down rotten tomatoes because it gave their movies bad reviews and going to IMDB and deliberately lowering the movies score.

I've seen the Thor boards, so no, they really dont.

Yes, you have a small amount of people who say that... and you dont know who they are. You've made an assumption that they were DCEU fans, even though Marvel fans can be just as nasty... and not discounting there are people who dont read comics at all and just vote it down because there's a black guy on the poster.

#28 Edited by All-Father (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85:

I've seen the Thor boards, so no, they really dont.

Thor isn't Marvels only character. Not really going to derail the thread discussing Marvel comics

You've made an assumption that they were DCEU fan

Because it is something DCEU fanboys would do judging by things they've already done.

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (20052 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it is something DCEU fanboys would do judging by things they've already done.

Really? What have we done?

#30 Posted by All-Father (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:

Starting a petition to shutdown rotten tomatoes because they gave SS bad reviews, send death threats to critics, threatening to crash Black Panthers rotten tomatoes score etc.

#31 Posted by mrmonster (7102 posts) - - Show Bio

How sad that some people are just so pathetic.

And let's face facts, it cannot be just a coincidence that the first Marvel movie to be targeted like this is also the first Marvel movie to star an African American. That just cannot be coincidental.

#32 Posted by Outside_85 (20052 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@all-father said:

Starting a petition to shutdown rotten tomatoes because they gave SS bad reviews, send death threats to critics, threatening to crash Black Panthers rotten tomatoes score etc.

And you know for certain they are actually DCEU fans?

#33 Posted by ignVela (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people care?

#34 Posted by All-Father (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:
@outside_85 said:
@all-father said:

Everyone knows it was them, don't know how you don't.

Here.

And here.

Also here.

Here as well.

This one too.

Last one.

#35 Posted by Outside_85 (20052 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@all-father said:
@outside_85 said:
@all-father said:

Everyone knows it was them, don't know how you don't.

Here.

And here.

Also here.

Here as well.

This one too.

Last one.

And those are unrelated to Black Panther as far as I can see just by looking at half the URL's.

Secondly, no one appears to be speaking to those people targeting BP to actually confirm they are DCEU fans, all you have is a Facebook group calling itself that... which is about the easiest thing to fake.

#36 Edited by All-Father (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85:

And those are unrelated to Black Panther as far as I can see just by looking at half the URL's.

You asked what DCEU fans have done in the past and i showed you. I didn't specify it to Black Panther

all you have is a Facebook group calling itself that... which is about the easiest thing to fake.

Why would someone make a Facebook page so they can make a certain fanbase look worse then they already are?

#37 Posted by Reactor (4037 posts) - - Show Bio

No reasonable person would, nor should, believe that singular group of people all coordinated efforts to hit up a movie score bar. Assuming it was an "attack", it is far more likely that it was the result of multiple independent efforts. In almost every case, the title of "troll" would probably be more apt, however, as opposed to "fanboy" or "hater".

#38 Posted by Outside_85 (20052 posts) - - Show Bio

You asked what DCEU fans have done in the past and i showed you. I didn't specify it to Black Panther

Why would someone make a Facebook page so they can make a certain fanbase look worse then they already are?

And in the past they haven't done anything other than make loud noises on the internet.

To discredit them of course. Like why on earth would anyone stand up and say: "I am a fan of the DCEU but I am going to ruin the audience score of this Marvel movie because critics were mean to the DCEU in the past!" You'd have to be a complete moron to do that, not only will you ruin the score of what might be a good movie (which BP is), but at the same time you put you and your fandom in a very bad light for no reason.

And unfortunately, its easy to do here since, as you demonstrated, DCEU fans have been very vocal and angry over overly negative reviews that's felt undeserved when compared to all the roses getting thrown at Marvel movies even when they are quite poor. So if you are a Marvel fan and you don't like Black Panther because you also happen to be an alt-right scumbag or something, or for some reason want to dig the DCEU fanbase into a deeper hole, you pose as a DCEU fan on facebook and do something like this. BP is injured in audience score, DCEU fandom is injured in the media, and the Marvel brand remains sparkling.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#39 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8188 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah nothing worse than butthurt salty DCEU fanboys. Pathetic

#40 Posted by WhyZoSerious (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched it... another good movie for MCU. The effects were impressive, the story, really enjoyed the flashbacks, especially the horizon, damn man, it was beautiful, Chadwick Boseman good acting, Danai also, Martin as usual, Andy Serkis amazing, just didn't like the sister and her "sense"of humor. 8/10 easily.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#41 Posted by Dextersinister1 (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

@ignvela said:

Why do people care?

Make there "side" look better.

Bias aside there are clearly more people irrationally bias in favor of black panther than showing irrational hatred. There was a cinema where all the black people stood up and gave the black power sign, that's cringy as f**k.

#42 Posted by adamTRMM (6598 posts) - - Show Bio

But no one talks about the apparently pathetic fanatics who gave it the tens? Tsk, tsk, tsk, how objective and reasonable.

#43 Posted by Old_Blighty (698 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman:

It may not deserve all the ones, but it definitely doesn't deserve any of the tens. Why aren't you calling out all the "sjws" who "seem organised" to bring the movie ratings up?

#44 Posted by cattlebattle (16356 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone stop to think that perhaps this move became a target for trolling after mainstream websites and blogrolls started acting like it would single-handedly cure cancer and racism at the expense of evil whitey all at once??

#45 Posted by Revan- (6937 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Why do you like to constantly make it seem like white people are just being shitted on?

#46 Posted by cattlebattle (16356 posts) - - Show Bio

@revan- said:

@cattlebattle: Why do you like to constantly make it seem like white people are just being shitted on?

Because, a lot of times in the mainstream media, they are.

#47 Posted by slimj87d (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie was awesome. I loved it.

#48 Edited by Revan- (6937 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: That is the case with pretty much any large demographic. However you never seem to satirize the people who constantly demonize other demographics.

Almost like you wanna be . . O P P R E S S E D

#49 Posted by ignVela (588 posts) - - Show Bio

@ignvela said:

Why do people care?

Make there "side" look better.

Bias aside there are clearly more people irrationally bias in favor of black panther than showing irrational hatred. There was a cinema where all the black people stood up and gave the black power sign, that's cringy as f**k.

I do consider that cringy but unless you have proof i am going to assume this never happened. It doesn't make any sense to have a movie represent "your people"...i mean think about it, a movie. If there was a movie with most Asian cast i wouldn't give a shit much less show some sort of Asian power sign (if there is one idk). And there's a black power sign?

I by no mean am calling you a liar i just prefer evidence.

#50 Posted by HeroUp2112 (14290 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just stunned that this really happened. I thought this MCU/DCEU ridiculous hate war was just on the Vine...I guess I should have suspected it was a broader infection.