MCU: Fat Thor is actually Prime Thor

• 128 results
#101 Posted by kgb725 (19866 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@kgb725: I've seen those feats before, I've seen them debated as well. Do you expect me to sit here and say "woah man, you're right, I've been blind this whole time!". You know I've watched all of those movies, right?

Thor only helped charging Iron Man's heat seal, Strange never transmuted anyone, Thanos can't do any of that without his IG. Thor tanked a heat of the star while a dwarf, a raccoon and a literal guy made of wood just standing there watching without getting damaged. He took a random star based energy beam, that's it to me. Hulk beating Thor suffers from the same problem that I stated in my original post.

And Thor didn't only tank the heat of a neutron star, if you want to swallow their words without processing anything, he tanked FULL FORCE of a star. I heard that makes him a 4 septillion tonner or something.

Only superman is consistent. People still want to see if Wonder woman god mode even exists

Well, the director for her solo movie did that, not Zack Snyder. That's after Zack has established her power in BvS.

Strange transmuted a black hole I never said he transmuted Thanos. Even comic Thanos cant punch dimensions and throw black holes without the gems so idk what you're talking about. Thor is the responsible for blowing up sokovia not Tony. Yes thor tanked the heat from the star that's literally how it's to be interpreted.

That makes 0 sense at all. At no point is he holding the weight of a star. Besides destruction feats what more do you want ? Even dc high tiers cant replicate the top mcu feats

What power ? Shes strong and fast enough to compete with DD that's all we know nothing is concrete

#102 Posted by Mrnoital (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:
@lan_fan said:

@kgb725: I've seen those feats before, I've seen them debated as well. Do you expect me to sit here and say "woah man, you're right, I've been blind this whole time!". You know I've watched all of those movies, right?

Thor only helped charging Iron Man's heat seal, Strange never transmuted anyone, Thanos can't do any of that without his IG. Thor tanked a heat of the star while a dwarf, a raccoon and a literal guy made of wood just standing there watching without getting damaged. He took a random star based energy beam, that's it to me. Hulk beating Thor suffers from the same problem that I stated in my original post.

And Thor didn't only tank the heat of a neutron star, if you want to swallow their words without processing anything, he tanked FULL FORCE of a star. I heard that makes him a 4 septillion tonner or something.

Only superman is consistent. People still want to see if Wonder woman god mode even exists

Well, the director for her solo movie did that, not Zack Snyder. That's after Zack has established her power in BvS.

Strange transmuted a black hole I never said he transmuted Thanos. Even comic Thanos cant punch dimensions and throw black holes without the gems so idk what you're talking about. Thor is the responsible for blowing up sokovia not Tony. Yes thor tanked the heat from the star that's literally how it's to be interpreted.

That makes 0 sense at all. At no point is he holding the weight of a star. Besides destruction feats what more do you want ? Even dc high tiers cant replicate the top mcu feats

What power ? Shes strong and fast enough to compete with DD that's all we know nothing is concrete

are you actually claiming Thor destroyed Sokovia again? do you really not understand what was clearly stated in the movie?

how Ironman caused a heat seal causing the machine to explode when cracked, if Thor cracked the machine without Ironman doing his thing the machine holding the landmass together would have fell apart and everything would fall in large enough chunks to cause a lot of death

all of that very clearly stated in the movie, so either you're straight up trolling, or just don't understand very plain statements, either way, grow up

#103 Posted by kgb725 (19866 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:
@kgb725 said:
@lan_fan said:

are you actually claiming Thor destroyed Sokovia again? do you really not understand what was clearly stated in the movie?

how Ironman caused a heat seal causing the machine to explode when cracked, if Thor cracked the machine without Ironman doing his thing the machine holding the landmass together would have fell apart and everything would fall in large enough chunks to cause a lot of death

all of that very clearly stated in the movie, so either you're straight up trolling, or just don't understand very plain statements, either way, grow up

Reading is fundamental. When did I claim It the first time ? Sure it's a feat for them both but the majority of work goes to Thor

#104 Edited by Mrnoital (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:
@mrnoital said:
@kgb725 said:
@lan_fan said:

Reading is fundamental. When did I claim It the first time ? Sure it's a feat for them both but the majority of work goes to Thor

you literally said "Thor is the responsible for blowing up sokovia not Tony" it's quoted above

and not really, all he did was crack a part vibranium machine, the entire landmass would have just fallen apart and not blown up, that was literally the entire behind the heat seal, so no, the vast majority of the work in blowing it up was Tony

#106 Posted by rem (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised.

IW Thor caught Thanos by surprise. That’s it. Thor was massively overhyped in IW. Thanos with stones would beat any version of (MCU) Thor in seconds.

#107 Edited by The_Magister (14871 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: You actually want writers and directors to value feats? You want them to sit down and discuss the logistics of every durability showing or think about how many times a guy gets tagged or contemplate on speed calcs?

Bruh, they’re here to tell a story. When they said Thor’s a god or Thanos is unstoppable, they don’t expect nerds on CV to rip into that with a bunch of feats to try and debunk it.

Storytelling and action scenes >>> “Muh featz”

#108 Edited by Lan_Fan (18115 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister:

You actually want writers and directors to value feats? You want them to sit down and discuss the logistics of every durability showing or think about how many times a guy gets tagged or contemplate on speed calcs?

No, actually. I want to see what they're capable of, on screen. At least a statement from the movie. I don't care for author statements, especially if contradicted by their own writing.

Let their writings talk for them.

Bruh, they’re here to tell a story. When they said Thor’s a god or Thanos is unstoppable, they don’t expect nerds on CV to rip into that with a bunch of feats to try and debunk it.

I'm aware, but that kind of portrayal doesn't really mean anything unless they actually show how godly or unstoppable these characters are. Even casual viewers are gonna be bothered by this kind of thing to some extent, we're just taking it to the next level.

Storytelling and action scenes >>> “Muh featz”

I don't see why they'd bother giving out stupid statements like these then, if it was really that irrelevant.

#109 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically or mentally? they didn't state which like when Odin told him he's stronger than he ever was.

If they mean physically then they didn't really show it via the film which they should have, and they forgot the value he can have in battle which they showed us in IW.

Either way as I keep saying now, Russo's can't do power levels IW and EG were incredibly inconsistent looking back on them they have a major problem with internal consistency

#110 Posted by Worldofthunder (5186 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#112 Posted by DreadBringer (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, he HAS the most complete arsenal that time. He has both Stormbreaker & Mjolnir, and has awakened his true God of Thunder power. Seems that Mjolnir throw replaced his lightning beam as his primary ranged attack. His best feat is bringing Thanos down to one knee....just like what Carol did to Thanos.

@namebk said:

Hard to believe since he got one shotted by a headbutt from Thanos.

He's NOT one shotted. Sure he's KOed, but Thor also has taken numerous other beating throughout the battle and the Thanos vs Trinity at the very beginning of battle, Thor is already weakened that time to the point that a headbutt KOed him.

And even with usual IW Thor wank, what's his durability feat against Thanos? Stormbreaker completely did the job at the final confrontation.

@rem said:

Not surprised.

IW Thor caught Thanos by surprise. That’s it. Thor was massively overhyped in IW. Thanos with stones would beat any version of (MCU) Thor in seconds.

Infinity Stones are all ridiculously OP at full potential. People quite underestimate them because the way Thanos used in on IW. Power Stones can destroy whole planets, Reality Stone can alter anything (like debris to swarm of bats), Soul Stone can likely take any soul bypassing defense, Time Stone can stop time making enemies sitting duck, etc. Probably that's the reason why there are no stones usage (except attempted snaps) by Thanos on Endgame because he would most likely use any of them to full potential and instantly end the fight.

#113 Posted by DreadBringer (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically or mentally? they didn't state which like when Odin told him he's stronger than he ever was.

If they mean physically then they didn't really show it via the film which they should have, and they forgot the value he can have in battle which they showed us in IW.

Either way as I keep saying now, Russo's can't do power levels IW and EG were incredibly inconsistent looking back on them they have a major problem with internal consistency

What has he done PHYSICALLY on IW (other than punching out fodders)? It's all Stormbreaker and lightning power. It's completely obvious he has no physical involvement in his battle against Thanos, it's all Stormbreaker.

#115 Edited by Bayman007 (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

People can see for themselves, and their own minds up without having to listen to those nubcakes.

Personally, i think he reached new heights in IW BUT we still haven't seen Prime Thor yet.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#116 Edited by SupremeGeneration (12681 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone explain to me why this is so far-fetched "by feats" and all that. By feats, I literally didn't imagine the fight going any other way. A little more lightning, and that was it. Other than that, Thor, like he usually does anyways, goes CQC and gets beat down. Which is what happened.

#117 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:

What has he done PHYSICALLY on IW (other than punching out fodders)? It's all Stormbreaker and lightning power. It's completely obvious he has no physical involvement in his battle against Thanos, it's all Stormbreaker.

I mean that if they are saying he was physically stronger/more powerful than he's ever been then they should've showed it via his fighting ability if that was actually their intention, but he certainly didn't feel like he was the strongest Thor ever. E.g- Taika wanted to show Thor was just as powerful without the hammer as he is with it and he showed that via Thor's action scenes.

Russo's don't understand how to create consistency with power levels in their films so I can't take their comments seriously anymore. IW and EG are incoherent when it comes to power levels looking back, I can't take it seriously when the most powerful being in the universe is grimacing from being pistol whipped by a human.

Also the majority of what they've said post EG about fat Thor has been backtracking on all the fat shaming they did in the film to make out it was about empowerment when in reality they had him there as a gag to make fat jokes about and be the comedic relief.

#118 Edited by Mike_Fowler (5358 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: They’re not really backtracking on it though, and there wasn’t much fat shaming in the film. The only one that’s actually mean spirited towards thor regarding his physique is Rocket, and he’s an asshole to everyone at the end of the day.

In reality, it IS about “empowerment. Seriously, the scene with his mom should show that, along with the fact that the decision was ultimately made to keep him fat by the end of the movie. His weight wasn’t the problem, and that’s emphasised by the fact that generally only one person is an ass to him about it. Now, we’re there too many jokes by rocket about it? Yeah, probably, but I don’t think what they’re doing here is really backtracking

#119 Posted by Blueshoecant (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf

#120 Edited by x_Zayd_x (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:
@subline said:

As you know the Russo's are currently hosting a Reddit AMA, and in response to a redditor's question about Thor's power level this was what Anthony had to say.

No Caption Provided

IIRC The russos stated that pre EG thor could've survived the snap(or had a better chance to), while fat thor had no chance.

I don't think he would PLUS the mental state he was in, he would've messed up everything as well.

#121 Edited by x_Zayd_x (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent said:
@namebk said:

It doesn't change anything because he never used any abilities. Worthy Cap performed better than Thor so with this statement he is far above Thor.

Worthy cap literally had all of his blows tanked by thanos and then got absolutely curbed once Thanos took him seriously. That showing is over-rated as hell. And also, the lightning cloak is supposed to be an automatic ability, not sure why "Prime" thor wouldn't have it on unless something happened to him.

At this point I think pretty much everyone knows Russos LOVE Captain America. Cap has had Russo Force for a long time now, no matter how much of a street leveler Cap is, Russos will always find a way to show him doing way better than he should be. This has been going on since Civil War, not a surprise.

Personally I'm fine with EG Thor being the strongest Thor. I just don't understand why Russos are so biased towards Cap. People don't mind this coz Captain America is probably the nicest person in MCU so they want him to do good.

#122 Posted by PrimeGoku (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that mean Cap with IG could do some heavy damage to Prime Thor ? lol that's hilarious

What about Cap Marvel ? She would three shot him

#123 Posted by x_Zayd_x (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that mean Cap with IG could do some heavy damage to Prime Thor ? lol that's hilarious

Well logically he can't but if it were Russos directing it, they would probably make Cap win tbh

Captain Marvel got KO'ed by ONE power stone attack. The only reason she survived against Thanos for few seconds was coz she held his fist not allowing Thanos to use any stones and also coz Thanos was tired and heavily weakened after fighting everyone. Carol would still beat Thor but I don't think she would stomp him. If she came at the very start of the battle, she would've been ragdolled as well just like Thor.

#124 Posted by Namebk (1597 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_zayd_x: It's just that the Russos want us to believe a Thor that doesn't use his abilities is stronger than a one that does which doesn't make any sense.

#125 Posted by Giojoestar (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get it

#127 Posted by Kevd4wg (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone explain to me why this is so far-fetched "by feats" and all that. By feats, I literally didn't imagine the fight going any other way. A little more lightning, and that was it. Other than that, Thor, like he usually does anyways, goes CQC and gets beat down. Which is what happened.

Yeah I agree with this. The fight in Endgame was the impression I got from IW about what would happen if they went CQC. I really think the only thing weird about it is he didn't use lightning, but that doesn't affect his power level.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
#128 Posted by Asgardianweapon (217 posts) - - Show Bio

well, he did have mjollnir and stormbreaker

#129 Posted by BubblegumMan (32 posts) - - Show Bio

So his extra fat folds make him more powerful?

#130 Posted by DreadBringer (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_zayd_x said:

@primegoku said:

Well logically he can't but if it were Russos directing it, they would probably make Cap win tbh

@primegoku said:

Captain Marvel got KO'ed by ONE power stone attack. The only reason she survived against Thanos for few seconds was coz she held his fist not allowing Thanos to use any stones and also coz Thanos was tired and heavily weakened after fighting everyone. Carol would still beat Thor but I don't think she would stomp him. If she came at the very start of the battle, she would've been ragdolled as well just like Thor.

Yeah hating on Cap's buff ignoring that it happened too in the comic when he lifts Mjolnir https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/29/captain-america-lift-thors-hammer-mjolnir/#2

Power Stone is an artifact that can destroy planets at full potential dude....GOTG showed it.

#131 Posted by Devilmenworks (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

On serious note, I don't think he was weaker than his IW self in terms of physical, he was however, dumber than ever, with literally 0 fighting IQ. "Stronger than ever" statement from author post release means nothing because we don't even know how much this amps Thor, he didn't even do anything impressive or above his pay grade to begin with. So very vague....

Neither Thor nor Hulk ever really had impressive quantifiable feats that are not vague, which is why MCU is such a weak verse. They make Thor and Hulk feeder that the big guys will defeat/stomp to make them look impressive, but these characters power level have never been established clearly. Hulk destroyed glacier, but the scene was deleted, he stopped a giant leviathan with his punch, but then it fell onto a car and did absolutely nothing. Thor's physical could look like street level at times, then suddenly he has vague feats like FULL FORCE OF A STAR that don't really make sense or quantifiable in any way. His gladiator fight with Hulk was actually the first time I realized he wasn't just a strong street level in terms of physical.

@lan_fan said:

kgb725: They do... Or at least they should. It's a superhero film, people are gonna care about how "super" these people are. No, full force of a star feat doesn't really make sense in any way. Even if you think it's legit, do you really have the impression of star level physicality with Thor in ANY of his fight scene? If they don't care about how powerful a neutron star actually is, then why should I care? It's clearly bs, I can deal with this type of thing in fiction, but I have standards.

If they don't bother to at least have consistency with their physics and feats, then I don't bother rating their character at the level of Zack Snyder's characters, who are at least TRYING to show consistency and physics.

Agreed with both of these statements 100%.

#132 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: They’re not really backtracking on it though, and there wasn’t much fat shaming in the film. The only one that’s actually mean spirited towards thor regarding his physique is Rocket, and he’s an asshole to everyone at the end of the day.

In reality, it IS about “empowerment. Seriously, the scene with his mom should show that, along with the fact that the decision was ultimately made to keep him fat by the end of the movie. His weight wasn’t the problem, and that’s emphasised by the fact that generally only one person is an ass to him about it. Now, we’re there too many jokes by rocket about it? Yeah, probably, but I don’t think what they’re doing here is really backtracking

It was all fat shaming not that I care about fat shaming in general but that is what they were doing they were making constant jokes about him being a fat blubbering mess. And no plenty of them made jokes about his physique, Rhodey said he had cheese whiz coarsing through his veins.

Yea the scene with Frigga was great until they ended it with her saying "eat a salad". They didn't make him fat for empowerment they made him fat for a joke and realised after that it is going to get backlash so are continuously trying to spin it like it was all about empowerment when in reality they made him fat so they could get comic relief out of him. His whole sense of being was to be a joke in the film it's not just about the jokes characters made about it, it's about the obvious intent behind his scenes was to make a joke about how much of a fat mess he is.

Hemsworth supposedly rallied to keep him fat at the end of the movie because they were originally going to have him go skinny again.