MCU: Fat Thor is actually Prime Thor

• 174 results
Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darthvaderrocks: I thought he was talking about when Mjolnir hit Thanos in the back to save Thor and thought he dropped his sword there.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyboi: I’ll need to look for the exact quote again, but, least from how I saw it when Tony says it, Thor COULD use the gauntlet, but he wasn’t in any condition to do it mentally. Least that’s how I saw it

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By nn5

This statement doesn't look justified when compared to on-screen feats but it's hard to fully ignore it. At least that means Thor wasn't considerably weakened, hard to belive he was really stronger than IW though.

Also the question wasn't the best, Russos may actually thought it's about Thor getting to normal mental state and not about power level.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't fat at the final battle though, just bulky.

Avatar image for shauryaistheone
ShauryaIsTheOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

the question literally asked if he was weaker in the final battle specifically in that manner and this was the answer it seems pretty clear, add that to the statements we know that Thor was going to be muscular again but Hemsworth asked to stay fat and there’s nothing to debate here.

LightingJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LightingJack

bal

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shinne

On serious note, I don't think he was weaker than his IW self in terms of physical, he was however, dumber than ever, with literally 0 fighting IQ. "Stronger than ever" statement from author post release means nothing because we don't even know how much this amps Thor, he didn't even do anything impressive or above his pay grade to begin with. So very vague....

Neither Thor nor Hulk ever really had impressive quantifiable feats that are not vague, which is why MCU is such a weak verse. They make Thor and Hulk feeder that the big guys will defeat/stomp to make them look impressive, but these characters power level have never been established clearly. Hulk destroyed glacier, but the scene was deleted, he stopped a giant leviathan with his punch, but then it fell onto a car and did absolutely nothing. Thor's physical could look like street level at times, then suddenly he has vague feats like FULL FORCE OF A STAR that don't really make sense or quantifiable in any way. His gladiator fight with Hulk was actually the first time I realized he wasn't just a strong street level in terms of physical.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, this is obvious, but people are big Thor fans and didn't want to admit it.

Were you saying this before or are you only saying this after the fact?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

On serious note, I don't think he was weaker than his IW self in terms of physical, he was however, dumber than ever, with literally 0 fighting IQ. "Stronger than ever" statement from author post release means nothing because we don't even know how much this amps Thor, he didn't even do anything impressive or above his pay grade to begin with. So very vague....

Neither Thor nor Hulk ever really had impressive quantifiable feats that are not vague, which is why MCU is such a weak verse. They make Thor and Hulk feeder that the big guys will defeat/stomp to make them look impressive, but these characters power level have never been established clearly. Hulk destroyed glacier, but the scene was deleted, he stopped a giant leviathan with his punch, but then it fell onto a car and did absolutely nothing. Thor's physical could look like street level at times, then suddenly he has vague feats like FULL FORCE OF A STAR that don't really make sense or quantifiable in any way. His gladiator fight with Hulk was actually the first time I realized he wasn't just a strong street level in terms of physical.

Writers dont care about feats . Full force of a star is self explanatory.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shinne

@kgb725: They do... Or at least they should. It's a superhero film, people are gonna care about how "super" these people are. No, full force of a star feat doesn't really make sense in any way. Even if you think it's legit, do you really have the impression of star level physicality with Thor in ANY of his fight scene? If they don't care about how powerful a neutron star actually is, then why should I care? It's clearly bs, I can deal with this type of thing in fiction, but I have standards.

If they don't bother to at least have consistency with their physics and feats, then I don't bother rating their character at the level of Zack Snyder's characters, who are at least TRYING to show consistency and physics.

TheCapstrikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. The MCU sucks lol if only DC had their stuff together *sighs*

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao. I mean I never bought that Thor was weaker in Endgame, but damn this will hurt some debaters bad.

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of had the sense of it in endgame but I wasn’t sure.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't be sad Thor fans, you still have a lot of excuses when Thor got his ass kick.

For example, we all know he's the god of holding back.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Figured. In raw physicals Thor was always slightly weaker than the Hulk and his fight with Thanos in Endgame showed that he was having a similar success rate as the Hulk.

Makes perfect sense really.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people think he was weakened in the first place? I literally never saw prime/IW Thor vs Thanos going any other way than what was seen.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"He one got one-shot by a headbutt" tf is this. Like he didn't take an absolute throttling moments before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Figured. In raw physicals Thor was always slightly weaker than the Hulk and his fight with Thanos in Endgame showed that he was having a similar success rate as the Hulk.

Makes perfect sense really.

Absolutely spot on, his advantages over Hulk are his raw lighting powers and his new weaponry being able to chop people up but in a straight fight against Thanos can tank lightning all day and has his own gear and superior skill and physicals this was always the case.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: He took a couple of hits then got Ko'd. He got back up then got ko'd again by a headbutt. That is far lower than his showing against Hulk in the arena.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk:

@namebk said:

@supremegeneration: He took a couple of hits then got Ko'd. He got back up then got ko'd again by a headbutt. That is far lower than his showing against Hulk in the arena.

Thanos seems to be close to two tiers/levels above Thor physically and one above the Hulk only Carol appears to be on that level out of any heroes.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

I would have thought his fight with the Frost Giants in Thor 1 or his fight against Malekith would tell you he wasn’t just a strong street leveler.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where the hell is xzone? Lmao.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

I would have thought his fight with the Frost Giants in Thor 1 or his fight against Malekith would tell you he wasn’t just a strong street leveler.

Why?

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Namebk

@finalkingthanos: Hulk knocked Thor like 100 feet that destroyed Alien metal and was slamming Thor into the ground that was breaking up the concrete and he wasn't even close to being ko'd. Thor was getting hurt by Thanos just throwing him into debris that didn't even fully break and of course he was ko'd by a single headbutt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent:

Lmao why are you taking so much enjoyment out of this ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

Thor’s fight VS Malekith there were some “sHoCKwAvEs” and some pretty crazy striking power.

Same with Thor’s original battle in Thor 1 VS Frost Giants.

Street level to me is Captain America and Bucky. I don’t see how you can watch those fights and think they would be on the same level.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

Yes but Mjolnir is an extension of Thor’s power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

@finalkingthanos: Hulk knocked Thor like 100 feet that dented Alien metal and was slamming Thor into the ground that was breaking up the concrete and he wasn't even close to being ko'd. Thor was getting hurt by Thanos just throwing him into rocks that didn't even fully break and of course he was ko'd by a single headbutt.

You cant base this all on visual style only mate Jesus... that would mean mcu Cap kicks harder than Thanos and Superman lol.

The Russos prefer a grounded gritty fight style it doesn’t mean Thors old feats etc don’t transfer over it just means Thanos is capable of the same or better.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: Not like that. Thor hits harder with Mjolnir than his regular non-lightning punches. Yes or no?

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dont see how this makes thor weaker. He really didn't have any anti feats in EG he just had run ins with a serious Thanos and got beat by him is all, his past feats from IW still apply.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Namebk

@finalkingthanos: Like I said he was hurt by being thrown into debris that didn't completely break compared to the alien metal. If he destroyed alien metal this means that he has hit with more force. How is being thrown in debris a superior feat? I don't believe that a single headbutt from Thanos is superior to what Hulk did to Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If true, that's really wierd. Fat Thor was really underwhelming, apart from agility/speed and skill downgrade, his durability seemed lower aswell but I guess Thanos is just that strong(?). He didn't use his lightning cloak either.

I feel like this is one of those cases when we should ignore creators intent and just go by feats. Maybe they said Fat Thor is at his strongest because of dual wielding mjolnir and SB, but skill, speed and lighting cloak seems more useful than mjolnir to me so Imma just keep using IW Thor as his prime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

@finalkingthanos: Like I said he was hurt by being thrown into debris that didn't completely break compared to the alien metal. If he destroyed alien metal this means that he has hit with more force. How is being thrown in debris a superior feat? I don't believe that a single headbutt from Thanos is superior to what Hulk did to Thor.

That’s not what they are showing you though they are showing that Thanos ragdolling him is fucking him up not rocks itself same with good tthough buildings etc it’s nothing tow the force behind it.

I understand that but Thor was already beaten to hell and KOd moments earlier, Thanos one shot both Iron Man and Worthy Cap in that very same scene he headbutts Thor.

Remember Hulk was pounding on Thanos and it done nothing yet one punch from Thanos had hulk shocked and hurt and holding his jaw.

Thanos is and was always intended to be able to beat any of these guys easily in physical combat they made it pretty clear surprise attacks team work and hax were the things to use against him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk: It won’t let me edit some typos above my bad ^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incursion2: that’s because you are using common sense and understand how this works lol

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Namebk

@finalkingthanos: Thor was stunned as soon as he was thrown into the rocks before Thanos even landed a punch which allowed Thanos to combo him. Thanos landed two punches on Thor then threw him into another rock and Thor was almost ko'd already at this point.

I wasn't debating any of them beating him in physical combat just Thor being in his prime as far as his durability goes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

@finalkingthanos: Thor was stunned as soon as he was thrown into the rocks before Thanos even landed a punch which allowed Thanos to combo him. Thanos landed two punches on Thor then threw him into another rock and Thor was almost ko'd already at this point.

I wasn't debating any of them beating him in physical combat just Thor being in his prime.

We already see Thanos stomp Thor into a “rock” soon as the fight starts then the fight happens of screen for a while, then they both get disarmed and Thanos throws Thor into a rock and punches him instantly that’s what stuns him not the first throw.

Prime Thor doesn’t exist except with fans, he has been the same physically and mostly mentality from Thor 1 to EG with a power boost in Ragnarok and a new weapon during IW.

Sure the Russos don’t do high tier MOS style fights but the intention and the films action and themes still speak for itself here.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#94 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@finalkingthanos: Your last warning was your last warning. Since at least you are not being insulting this time I'm going to make it a temp ban. After that, there are no more chances.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Namebk

@finalkingthanos:

Loading Video...

The fight starts as soon as Thor is disarmed and thrown into the rocks. Thanos hasn't even punched him yet.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: you still snitching on people?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@kgb725: They do... Or at least they should. It's a superhero film, people are gonna care about how "super" these people are. No, full force of a star feat doesn't really make sense in any way. Even if you think it's legit, do you really have the impression of star level physicality with Thor in ANY of his fight scene? If they don't care about how powerful a neutron star actually is, then why should I care? It's clearly bs, I can deal with this type of thing in fiction, but I have standards.

If they don't bother to at least have consistency with their physics and feats, then I don't bother rating their character at the level of Zack Snyder's characters, who are at least TRYING to show consistency and physics.

Thor showed the physicals to handle the heat of a star that's it hes not going to blow it up. Thor has been shown to be impervious to multiple explosions and fire thrown at him before the star. Thor destroyed a city with literally 1 hit that's the best striking feat in mcu or dceu, Strange and Thanos were literally warping reality around each other , hulk manhandled thor multiple times , etc. They arent weak but the writers dont sit there and think "superman had a mini montage of feats doing random stuff let me throw a montage just for the imagery".

Only superman is consistent. People still want to see if Wonder woman god mode even exists

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. It must suck to be a Thor wanker.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Shinne

@kgb725: I've seen those feats before, I've seen them debated as well. Do you expect me to sit here and say "woah man, you're right, I've been blind this whole time!". You know I've watched all of those movies, right?

Thor only helped charging Iron Man's heat seal, Strange never transmuted anyone, Thanos can't do any of that without his IG. Thor tanked a heat of the star while a dwarf, a raccoon and a literal guy made of wood just standing there watching without getting damaged. He took a random star based energy beam, that's it to me. Hulk beating Thor suffers from the same problem that I stated in my original post.

And Thor didn't only tank the heat of a neutron star, if you want to swallow their words without processing anything, he tanked FULL FORCE of a star. I heard that makes him a 4 septillion tonner or something.

Only superman is consistent. People still want to see if Wonder woman god mode even exists

Well, the director for her solo movie did that, not Zack Snyder. That's after Zack has established her power in BvS.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

bump