MCU Eternals: Would the Emergence really destroy Earth?

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By diydeath
No Caption Provided

Would the Emergence have really destroyed the Earth?

We can see Tiamut starting to come out of the planet, which is obviously catastrophic but we can also see the celestial is coming out of the ocean. Provided Tiamut was careful about leaving the planet. As in it doesn't spread eagle the planet and minimizes the surface area where he comes out, would Earth survive?

Could the Eternals have just Uni-Minded with Tiamut and told him "Hey, as you come out, be careful. The planet you're inside houses very important people and it's critical that you not kill them all"?

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ccbm2208

By intent, it would.

Plus Tiaut is Fucking HUGE, just because he emerged from the ocean doesn't mean the planet wouldn't get fucked up big time.

Avatar image for hydratedfubuki6
HydratedFubuki6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HydratedFubuki6  Online

Based on its size, Tiamut would've only destroyed a small country or even less.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccbm2208 said:

By intent, it would.

Plus Tiaut is Fucking HUGE, just because he emerged from the ocean doesn't mean the planet wouldn't get fucked up big time.

Well, yeah, the planet would have been a mess after. Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, huge amounts of water filling the cavity where Tiamut was...Earth would be a mess...but would it survive?

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not just the size to consider, but the energy emitted. By intent, it would at least be a surface wipe.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not representative of what actually happened though, that's more like a fever dream of the "Tiamut spread eagles the planet" scenario which is pretty much a worst case.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RajjarsAlt
@diydeath said:

Not representative of what actually happened though, that's more like a fever dream of the "Tiamut spread eagles the planet" scenario which is pretty much a worst case.

Yeah because he got turned to stone before he could fully extend his arm

Planets got destroyed many times before

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:

Compare the OP's scan to your gif. Which happened in real life (within context of the movie)? See the difference between their positioning? They are clearly not the same thing. If you think the earth would blow up, cool...but at least think things through a bit more...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The movie was pretty clear about this, there's no room for argument.

What really bothered me about this though is that Arishem completely ignored that it was people from Earth who brought back to life half of the universe, he just treated it like a fodder planet, I'd think the Celestials would be aware and consider Earth an important planet after they saved half the universe.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By heiqn

@thor-parker: They will learn all the Infinity War & Endgame events after looking at Sersi's memories, that's why I think they will spare Earth completely. Also Earth saved Tiamut's ass from Dormammu before.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cosmic_reign
@heiqn said:

@thor-parker: They will learn all the Infinity War & Endgame events after looking at Sersi's memories, that's why I think they will spare Earth completely. Also Earth saved Tiamut's ass from Dormammu before.

Lol....

Dormammu had problems gettin past Stranges hand shields.. He ain't doin shit, even to an unborn Celestial ๐Ÿ˜†

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

Lol....

Dormammu had problems gettin past Stranges hand shields.. He ain't doin shit, even to an unborn Celestial ๐Ÿ˜†

problems? you mean strange could hold his shield for 8 seconds max? He vaporized strange with a casual attack and his whole deal is assimilating planets...

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cosmic_reign
@darkthunder said:

problems? you mean strange could hold his shield for 8 seconds max? He vaporized strange with a casual attack and his whole deal is assimilating planets...

Yeah, problems...

Thanos ship puts out more AP/firepower than Dormammu. I don't recall him assimilating 1 single planet on screen, and still doesn't understand TIME... a power that Celestials wrap up and stash into a Stone. A stone Dormammu just can't comprehend! Lol

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@diydeath said:

Compare the OP's scan to your gif. Which happened in real life (within context of the movie)? See the difference between their positioning? They are clearly not the same thing. If you think the earth would blow up, cool...but at least think things through a bit more...

They have destroyed countless planets in the same manner. There is nothing to debate. Tiamut didn't even awaken fully

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@diydeath said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@diydeath said:

They have destroyed countless planets in the same manner. There is nothing to debate. Tiamut didn't even awaken fully

Clearly you didn't read the OP very well.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*facepalm*

Hickaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is if Sentry can destroy Earth

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder said:

Yeah, problems...

Thanos ship puts out more AP/firepower than Dormammu.

remind me when the ships could yeet planetoids with ease

I don't recall him assimilating 1 single planet on screen,

this will help you recall then

and still doesn't understand TIME... a power that Celestials wrap up and stash into a Stone

prove that the celestials made the time stone

. A stone Dormammu just can't comprehend! Lol

even so he is BEYOND time. Time couldn't do anything to him other than bore him.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RajjarsAlt
@darkthunder said:
@cosmic_reign said:
@darkthunder said:

Yeah, problems...

Thanos ship puts out more AP/firepower than Dormammu.

No Caption Provided

I don't recall him assimilating 1 single planet on screen,

No Caption Provided

and still doesn't understand TIME... a power that Celestials wrap up and stash into a Stone

. A stone Dormammu just can't comprehend! Lol

even so he is BEYOND time. Time couldn't do anything to him other than bore him.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cosmic_reign
@darkthunder said:.

I can remind you when the ship was raining fire and doing more damage than some of Dorms attacks.

It's not a secret that the Celestials created the Stones...Arishem existed BEFORE the 6 Singularities(Eternals intro), and GotG mention that the Celestials were the ORIGINAL OWNERS of the Stones.

....Or trap him helpless in an Endless TIME loop, BEGGING for freedom. Lol

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Darkthunder

@darkthunder said:.

I can remind you when the ship was raining fire and doing more damage than some of Dorms attacks.

maybe because he wasn't actually giving more than 1%? Yeeting planetoids is more AP than any rain fire which failed to kill most of the heroes anyways.

It's not a secret that the Celestials created the Stones...Arishem existed BEFORE the 6 Singularities(Eternals intro), and GotG mention that the Celestials were the ORIGINAL OWNERS of the Stones.

owner!=creator. Existing before the singularities means nothing, they don't even TRY to imply the celestials created the stones. If they did, it would be mentioned.

....Or trap him helpless in an Endless TIME loop, BEGGING for freedom.

it could not meaningfully harm him and that time loop ended up boring him that is why he begged for freedom.

Lol

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By heiqn

I just stated a fact and some Dormammu hater turned this thread into war. (He literally stated to be universal btw)

That's why I love CV.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By heiqn

@cosmic_reign:

1-) Celestials didn't create stones, and they didn't carry the power the stones had (Which is universal at the total) None of these are stated, and they are also not beyond time, anything that lives inside the universe can be affected by time, which includes Celestials and once Dark Dimension entered our universe it also started to be affected by time.

2-) Strange can use Time Loop against Celestials and Thanos. This is not about being beyond time. This is about Cosmic Awareness. Dormammu is a cosmic being and he is 4+ Dimensional, so he can feel time. Thanos can't. it literally means they would be trapped for eternity if he tried to use it against Thanos. Dormammu always had an option of bargaining, Thanos wouldn't.

3-) Dormammu stated to be universal and only attacking earth because Earth is the gateway to the entire universe, once he took out the planet, he was going for the other planets till the entire universe is consumed.

4-) Let's clear some misinformation. Strange doesn't remember anything about the time loop. People literally made a headcanon and everyone believes it. There is no statement that Strange literally remember the millions of years he spent with Dormammu. This is wrong and headcanon. He only remembers the last loop, where he comes and Dormammu yells at him with anger about stopping it. This loop only worked because Dormammu is a cosmic being. There was no begging. Dormammu can kill him for eternity and he can't stop the loop because he doesn't remember which loop he is in. in his perspective he always is in the first loop.

I hope this helped.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it would

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

Hmm... Fair enough

@heiqn said:

I just stated a fact and some Dormammu hater turned this thread into war. (He literally stated to be universal btw)

That's why I love CV.

What fact? Who hates Dormammu and what war?? Heh

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cosmic_reign

@heiqn:

Okay... maybe MCU hasn't mentioned Celestials as the Stones creators.

Doubt it! Time starts from the Big Bang. Celestials were in the Void(outside of time) creating Stars and Life. Time is part of the natural structure of the Prime U that Dormammu just can't comprehend(On screen). Celestials were stated to be the MOST POWERFUL ENERGY GENERATORS in existence(on screen)

Cool... but was thwarted by 1 Human

Cool, who's arguing against that?

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using your headcanons to lowball a cosmic character who showed no feats is looks like hate to me. I could be wrong ofc.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cosmic_reign
@heiqn said:
@cosmic_reign said:

Using your headcanons to lowball a cosmic character who showed no feats is looks like hate to me. I could be wrong ofc.

Lol.... you seem Butt hurt! I don't hate any fictional character! Its your headcanon that's being exposed here.

Yeah... ofc you're wrong! ๐Ÿคจ

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By heiqn
@cosmic_reign said:

@heiqn:

Okay... maybe MCU hasn't mentioned Celestials as the Stones creators.

Doubt it! Time starts from the Big Bang. Celestials were in the Void(outside of time) creating Stars and Life. Time is part of the natural structure of the Prime U that Dormammu just can't comprehend(On screen). Celestials were stared to be the MOST POWERFUL ENERGY GENERATORS in existence(on screen)

From this point, everything We said would count as headcanon, but if I try to explain, outside of the Multiverse (First firmament) has also its own time, which is the first cosmos. inside the any universe in the multiverse, there is also a new timeline, which splits into newer universes with their own timelines.

We can't erase the Time concept even for the Cosmic beings like Celestials or Dormammu. If there is no time, there is no thinking, there is no moving, there is nothing. There is no past and future. Dormammu has also his own time concept, which we can't understand, but even for him there is a past and future, he can remember the times he didn't conquer X or Y planet (past) and he believes he will conquer the Earth one day (future).

Cool... but was thwarted by a Human

That trick can work against anyone who is affected by the time concept.

Cool, who's arguing against that?

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

From this point, everything We said would count as headcanon, but if I try to explain, Multiverse (First firmanent) has also its own timeline, which is the first cosmos. inside the universe, there is also a new timeline, which splits into newer universes with their own timelines.

We can't erase the Time concept even for Cosmic beings like Celestials or Dormammu. If there is no time, there is no thinking, there is no moving, there is nothing. There is no past and future. Dormammu has also his own time concept, which we can't understand, but even for him there is a past and future, he can remember the times he didn't conquer X or Y planet (past) and he knows he will conquer the Earth one day (future).

That trick can work against anyone who is affected by the time concept.

Good point. Celestials were already Immortal when the Universe was created... The First Firmament manifested itself(not exploded into being) and would have been Time/Space/Mind/Soul/Reality/Power altogether! But time doesn't exist in the Void!

Perhaps time is something different in a higher Cosmos. Time as we know it in 616 has no bearing on Celestials... Not sure yet in MCU.

Celestials are not affected by the Concept of time tho... They're only old to entities that can comprehend Time. Otherwise they just exist and have always existed.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By heiqn
@cosmic_reign said:

Good point. Celestials were already Immortal when the Universe was created... The First Firmament manifested itself(not exploded into being) and would have been Time/Space/Mind/Soul/Reality/Power altogether! But time doesn't exist in the Void!

Yep. E.G The Watcher, can watch the multiverse, and he is nigh omniscient for us. because he can see every timeline. Timeline is special for every universe, it has a start and it has an end (Where Kang resides). From the Watcher's point, he can watch every timeline. He is outside of the universes' timelines, so there is no past and future for him (From the Perspective of the universe), but he also has a time concept. Before he didn't fight with Infinity Ultron, and now he is fighting against him. Nexus Of All Realities and TVA also have another Time concept. They pruned a universe yesterday and they will prune another tomorrow.

Perhaps time is something different in a higher Cosmos. Time as we know it in 616 has no bearing on Celestials... Not sure yet in MCU.

In What If... Episode 2, We saw, Celestial Knowhere in alternate timeline, but since he is dead let's not use it. I believe once you entered inside a timeline, you belong that timeline till you exit from the universe (which is impossible for everyone except for Cosmic beings). So there are Celestial variants for every timeline.

Celestials are not affected by the Concept of time tho... They're only old to entities that can comprehend Time. Otherwise they just exist and have always existed.

The thing is if you are not outside of the universe you will be affected by time, there are also

past and future for Celestials. They can understand the time just like Dormammu, I doubt their memories will be erased, but the time loop will work against them. it rewinds time in the universe, and because you have a past, you return to your past.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cosmic_reign
@heiqn said:

Yep. E.G The Watcher, can watch the multiverse, and he is nigh omniscient for us. because he can see every timeline. Timeline is special for every universe, it has a start and it has an end (Where Kang resides). From the Watcher's point, he can watch every timeline. He is outside of the universes' timelines, so there is no past and future for him (From the Perspective of the universe), but he also has a time concept. Before he didn't fight with Infinity Ultron, and now he is fighting against him. Nexus Of All Realities and TVA also have another Time concept. They pruned a universe yesterday and they will prune another tomorrow.

In What If... Episode 2, We saw, Celestial Knowhere in alternate timeline, but since he is dead let's not use it. I believe once you entered inside a timeline, you belong that timeline till you exit from the universe (which is impossible for everyone except for Cosmic beings). So there are Celestial variants for every timeline.

The thing is if you are not outside of the universe you will be affected by time, there are also

past and future for Celestials. They can understand the time just like Dormammu, I doubt their memories will be erased, but the time loop will work against them. it rewinds time in the universe, and because you have a past, you return to your past.

Okay... thnx for the info. I haven't watched all the What Ifs.... and less haven't really used it as MCU cannon. But I suppose it's all fair game. I'd make arguments had this been 616, but here, you seem to make good sense!

Celestials exist in all realities. Their armor are conduits for them to interact with any given Uni, Timeline, Reality etc. (Even Mainstream Celestials are M-Bodies) Knowhere was said to be a "satellite" to the Prime Universe and can access all/any Timeline, Reality etc as well.

Celestials reside in a higher Cosmos than that of Eternity(Time). And apparently hang out in the Void creating new Space and celestial bodies. They also exist in the past, present, and future, and are all connected!