MCU: Does using the Iron Fist give a speed boost?

• 93 results
Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU: Does using the Iron Fist give a speed boost? (32 votes)

Yes 59%
No 41%
No Caption Provided

• 
KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Actually since this doesn't take bullet time reactions, go to a shooting range and intercept a bullet with your own bullet, post the video when your done, which is highly unlikely because you'd most likely die.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By KeyChain

@jashugan: when did I say he could "move that" fast? I said he could he react....

R

e

a

c

T

What does that spell?

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@keychain said:

when did I say he could "move that" fast? I said he could he react....

R

e

a

c

T

What does that spell?

Reacting to something involves movement, please tell us how fast Danny is "reacting" in that gif and why it is a speed feat/speed boost like the OP is asking?

@keychain said:

Actually since this doesn't take bullet time reactions, go to a shooting range and intercept a bullet with your own bullet, post the video when your done, which is highly unlikely because you'd most likely die.

This is a non-point, you probably thought you made sense with this dumb post. Whose alt are you?

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KeyChain

@jashugan: A batter can react too a ball moving at 100mph, even if he can't move that fast.

Danny right here reacted to that bullet, you can't shoot a bullet out of the Air unless you can physically track the movement of the bullet.

You're clearly one of those "I'm 6'5 200lbs of pure aplha, behind this computer screen!" types. talking a bunch of bullshit about "it's not hard a human can do that!". You're full of it.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: accidentally deleted a post so if you get 3 notifications my bad.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Def a reaction boost

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jashugan

@keychain:

A batter can react too a ball moving at 100mph, even if he can't move that fast.

A batter also has to actually move his entire arms and turn his entire body to swing at an incoming ball. Danny only has to pull a trigger, it's not like he's swinging a sword or baseball bat to hit/cut a bullet. The former is impressive, the latter less so as a speed feat. The former would be better as a "speed feat" the latter is not a speed feat because Danny moves nothing to stop a bullet but his finger on the trigger.

Danny right here reacted to that bullet, you can't shoot a bullet out of the Air unless you can physically track the movement of the bullet.

Oh god, you are foolish. Tracking something happens with your eyes, seeing something move is not a speed feat.

You're clearly one of those "I'm 6'5 200lbs of pure aplha, behind this computer screen!" Types talking a bunch of bullshit about it's not hard a human can do that!". You're full of it.

I'm 6'3 180 thank you very much. fallacies aside, the gif in the OP is not a speed feat.

accidentally deleted a post so if you get 3 notifications my bad.

How about stop posting and reveal whose alt you are instead?

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: he still has to track the movement of the bullet meaning he was able react to it.

Which is why you're daft, you don't understand simple things suchs as that.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By KeyChain

@jashugan: 180 is a little light for 6'3, if you where actually 6'3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstreet45 said:
@keychain said:

@jayc1324: Do you consider this Bullet timing? The bloke above isn't making any sense I need more input.

I'm also trying to find a video of the scene in Harlods Apartment.

Got you covered.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

That could be considered bullet timing. If you would also consider something like this instance with Daredevil bullet timing too. In both cases they definitely move after the bullet is fired. I just don't know if that is the intention of the scene. Two things happening at the same time are often shown in two separate cuts in movies and TV and I feel like having a character dodge a bullet or react to one would be done more explicitly since it is a big deal, like when Danny blocked a bullet with his fist or when he shot the bullet in the finale of S2. It's up to interpretation. I don't count it as bullet timing but someone else may and that's fair. I don't think anyone involved with the making of the show would say he can actually dodge bullet though.

Because if he could, he wouldn't have gotten shot by Harold in the finale. I don't see how anyone can argue for the interpretation of this being bullet timing when we have an instance of him not being fast enough to do it (without chi). Without chi, he gets shot. With chi, he is blocking and reacting to bullets. It's so simple.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

he still has to track the movement of the bullet meaning he was able react to it.

not a speed feat

Which is why you're daft, you don't understand simple things suchs as that.

You don't understand speed at all.

180 is a little light for 6'3, if you where actually 6'3.

off topic as usual

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I agree Chi makes him better all around, I was just saying this scene and the one I post could be bullet timing.

And about the Final episode, Danny gets taken off guard like every other episode lol.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DSTREET45

@jayc1324: I usually go back and forth with whether Danny actually bullet-timed in Harold's apartment (like you said it could be interpreted either way) but in defense of Danny getting shot in the finale, he was seriously unfocused and reckless, which as shown with his cage fight against Colleen in S2, affects his fighting ability. You could see it with Danny getting beaten and KO'd in CQC by Harold. He's not slower per say but he ends up getting hit by attacks that he would have avoided in a normal mental state (again something Colleen mention towards the end of S2).

Kinda hard to get your head in the game when you found out that a person you trusted and viewed as a father figure was responsible for the deaths of your parents and making your life hell since you were 10.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

It's a reaction feat for the 10th time, reading is hard I guess.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain said:

It's a reaction feat for the 10th time, reading is hard I guess.

Not a speed feat like the OP was asking, not an impressive reaction feat either

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: it's still a bullet timing feat, which is what I've been saying and you've been arguing against.

He reacted to a bullet. It's that simple.

And as far as street level goes this is a great feat.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

it's still a bullet timing feat, which is what I've been saying and you've been arguing against.

A bullet timing feat using another bullet. It's not at all what you've been saying ,you've been all over the place.

He reacted to a bullet. It's that simple.

By pulling a trigger which is where the reaction comes from.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KeyChain

@jashugan: lmao, he had to track the other Bullet for this to be possible, he didn't just "pull a trigger"

You and I can pull a trigger we cant do what he did though.

Not once have I changed my argument, it's always been a reaction feat, not once have I changed it. So you can take that "all over the place" and shove it.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

lmao, he had to track the other Bullet for this to be possible

with his eyes, not a speed or reaction feat there

You and I can pull a trigger we cant do what he did though.

irrelevant, we live in the real world, not a shitty show like Iron fist

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

"With his eyes"

Was your response to

"He had to track it."

And you then you say.

"He didn't react"

I'm speechless.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

And you then you say.

"He didn't react"

I'm speechless.

citation

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: my bad you said "Not a reaction feat"

Even though you admitted he tracked it with his Eyes which is reacting.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

my bad you said "Not a reaction feat"

Good thing you can at least admit to lying

Even though you admitted he tracked it with his Eyes which is reacting.

seeing something dead in your face is not reacting, the reaction is him pulling the trigger. Try to keep up here sonny.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: watching a Bullet move to an extent where you can intercept it is reactionary. You're just a moron.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By KeyChain

Does anyone else understand this nonsense?

He admits that Danny can follow a bullet, but denied it as reaction feat.....

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jashugan

@keychain said:

watching a Bullet move to an extent where you can intercept it is reactionary. You're just a moron.

Watching a bullet is not a reaction feat. Pressing a trigger after a bullet fired, is reactionary. You're the moron who was stuck on mentioning that Iron Fist saw the bullet coming like if that's impressive or a speed feat like the op was asking.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: having the reactions to shoot another bullet out of the air after it's been fired requires you to react to a bullet.

How are you that stupid, explain to me how you're not stupid. How does one who cannot react to a bullet someone magically see it coming and line up a perfect shot AFTER it's been fired.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

How are you that stupid, explain to me how you're not stupid.

Don't have to explain or prove a lie or a negative kiddo

How does one who cannot react to a bullet someone magically see it coming and line up a perfect shot AFTER it's been fired.

dumb question

having the reactions to shoot another bullet out of the air after it's been fired requires you to react to a bullet.

it requires good eyesight and ability to press a trigger. Danny doesn't even have to shift his aim at all in that gif and already had his gun drawn.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

It requires the ability to react to a bullet, without that level of reactionary skills you can't do it.

"Good eyesight" doesn't Grant you the ability to react to a bullet which he did.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

It requires the ability to react to a bullet, without that level of reactionary skills you can't do it.

"Good eyesight" doesn't Grant you the ability to react to a bullet which he did.

This is something you have to prove actually. Reacting to bullets heavily matters and Iron Fist has things easier here due to the fact that his shooter is pointing at his gun at him and so is Iron Fist. This means Iron Fist has ample time to know that someone will shoot him. Given the fact that Iron Fist doesn't have to actually move his body to match the bullet, but rather, pull a trigger, this means his "reaction speed/skills" isn't as impressive as countless bullet timing feats that require a person to actually move their body to intercept/stop/block/deflect/dodge a bullet.

The impressive thing here is his accuracy of shooting a bullet. It's not a speed feat like the OP was asking, it's not really much of an impressive reaction feat either.

This is why I said his "good eyesight" is what mattered more than anything. Looking at the feat, he's also powering up that gun in some manner because both blickies are glowing yellow and so are the bullets.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By thanos_thebadas

@jashugan: Seriously though. I told you that you're a biased DC fanboy, you deny that its a bullet timing feat when it clearly is. Stop with the fanboyism seriously.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: the adhominem continues.

Funny how you can bring up DC in a Netflix show thread

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@thanos_thebadas: the adhominem continues.

Funny how you can bring up DC in a Netflix show thread

Doesn't mean anything you go around and lowball Marvel characters during a gen discussion and when its a Marvel character vs DC character you have a field day of lowballing.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: The dude is wack, I gave up.

Anyone who thinks reacting to a bullet isn't a reaction feat.... is well dumb, to be frank.

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain said:

@thanos_thebadas: The dude is wack, I gave up.

Anyone who thinks reacting to a bullet isn't a reaction feat.... is well dumb, to be frank.

Exactly

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@thanos_thebadas: Don't bother with Jashugan lol.

Everybody on vine knows he's a troll.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashugan: For the record, I don't think you're a troll. I'd place you in my list of 'really awesome posters.'

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thanos_thebadas

@riddlerfan77: Yeah I gave up on him too. He's like the second form of MOTM they were both around at the same time though so they can't be the same person, lol.

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: For the record, I don't think you're a troll. I'd place you in my list of 'really awesome posters.'

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was absolutely, let's see... >zero< indication in IFS1/Defenders/IFS2 that Chi amped his speed so I'm gonna go with >no<.

And that very clearly is bullet timing, too.