MCU: Does using the Iron Fist give a speed boost?

• 93 results
Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU: Does using the Iron Fist give a speed boost? (32 votes)

Yes 59%
No 41%
No Caption Provided

• 
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 anthp2000  Moderator

Apparently, it will. We need to see more of this.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't know yet

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't we already know this from him blocking a bullet with it in season 1? This just confirms it, he 100% had to perceive that bullet and react to it. There is no possible way this was a reaction to their aim. It's way too precise for that. To me he is a legit bullet timer.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah. if the showrunners wanted him to casually bullet time without chi, they would've shown that. Instead, they made a deliberate choice to show him lighting up those Iron Fists before he bullet timed.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They showed the Iron Fist increasing his speed, this is what it looked like;

Loading Video...

This is pretty obviously not that at all.

Letyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. if the showrunners wanted him to casually bullet time without chi, they would've shown that. Instead, they made a deliberate choice to show him lighting up those Iron Fists before he bullet timed.

Or... they wanted people to be excited for IF S3 by showing Danny with glowing fists? The entire scene is a tease for the next season.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: @buildhare:

Do you believe all iron fist users can bullet time?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator

Wait people are arguing Danny is a casual bullet timer without abusing his chi?

Lol shame, expected shame.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Not at all. There has never been even slightest of indication that chi does anything other than amp striking and durability. None at all. People saying Danny can't bullet time normally are just running out of ideas to lowball.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He cannot bullet time without chi though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

No. Not at all. There has never been even slightest of indication that chi does anything other than amp striking and durability. None at all. People saying Danny can't bullet time normally are just running out of ideas to lowball.

If he has never bullet timed without it why would you assume he can? If he has performed speed feats with the fist he hasn't been able to without it then how is the logical conclusion that the fist allows him to do it? Especially when people Danny is the same level as aren't bullet timers normally, like Daredevil

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

@jayc1324: well when he fought in the tournament against scythe he turned his fist off and was perceiving time differently than scythe was. He seemed to have high reaction time without the use of the fist.

Hey, the show runner is doing a QA tomorrow, we can tweet him questions and he might answer. We should ask him.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jayc1324: well when he fought in the tournament against scythe he turned his fist off and was perceiving time differently than scythe was. He seemed to have high reaction time without the use of the fist.

Hey, the show runner is doing a QA tomorrow, we can tweet him questions and he might answer. We should ask him.

Lol I can already imagine...

"These battle forum nerds asking about feats again..."

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@rbt said:

If he has never bullet timed without it why would you assume he can? If he has performed speed feats with the fist he hasn't been able to without it then how is the logical conclusion that the fist allows him to do it? Especially when people Danny is the same level as aren't bullet timers normally, like Daredevil

That would make sense if it was ever said or implied that chi boosts his speed. As far as we know, and has been shown, it doesn't. If they haven't shown that chi boosts his speed, why would you assume it does? Matt has nothing to do with this conversation. They are two different people. One can be faster than the other.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: lol, putting myself in his shoes... I would hate those questions.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

This is a completely different kind of use of the Iron Fist, and it looks much more advanced than anything before it. Comparing it to older "Zen Modes" to "prove" that Danny can somehow percieve bullets in total slow motion on his own depowered self (which is ludicrous) is something only people who are desperate to put him on a level he isn't would say, and it's the same, expected people every time smh.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I'd phrase the question slightly deceptively... like "How did Danny get his chi back to shoot that bullet out of the air?"

That way, you're asking a separate question but if he's supposed to be that fast w/out chi, the showrunner will likely correct you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@jayc1324 said:
@rbt said:

That would make sense if it was ever said or implied that chi boosts his speed. As far as we know, and has been shown, it doesn't. If they haven't shown that chi boosts his speed, why would you assume it does? Matt has nothing to do with this conversation. They are two different people. One can be faster than the other.

How is him bullet timing with chi not them showing it boosts his speed? He doesn't bullet time without it, but he does with it. Matt does have to do with this because of scaling. We saw them fight, we saw that Danny is not faster than Matt without chi.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

How is him bullet timing with chi not them showing it boosts his speed? He doesn't bullet time without it, but he does with it.

Again, just because he happened to be using chi when bullet timing does not mean chi played any part in it. It has never been shown or implied to boost anyone's speed. Not even once.

Matt does have to do with this because of scaling. We saw them fight, we saw that Danny is not faster than Matt without chi.

That kind of speed disparity hardly shows up in street-level fight. Elektra was a bullet timer and Matt never looked slow compared to her either. Doesn't mean she doesn't have better reflexes than him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@jayc1324:

Again, just because he happened to be using chi when bullet timing does not mean chi played any part in it. It has never been shown or implied to boost anyone's speed. Not even once.

Ok so by this logic, just because Danny happened to be using chi when his punches make shockwaves does not mean chi played a part in it. Do you see how that sounds? Danny never bullet timed, a superhuman feat, without chi. Every time he bullet times he is using the fist. He has only done it with chi. I can't make it any clearer than that, if you wanna still believe he can do it despite never doing it without chi go ahead. Just no that literally no one else agrees with you.

That kind of speed disparity hardly shows up in street-level fight. Elektra was a bullet timer and Matt never looked slow compared to her either. Doesn't mean she doesn't have better reflexes than him.

I forgot, ComicVine likes to pretend Elektra wasn't holding back on Matt. My bad. Apparently speed disparities don't show up in fights either. I wonder why people bring up speed on battle forums then? Who knows.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

He's fast, he's shown freakish combat speed on at least two occasions I can think of without using the Iron Fist, he's also he's "kind of, sort of" bullet-timed once without chi, but it was questionable, the only reason I think it might have been legit is because of the way they really focus on the bullet being on target and kind of make him move like a blur after the bullet is fired, but this was on a different level to anything I can think of him having done before, I definitely think he's amping himself there, this is almost definitely a significantly more powerful Iron Fist after meeting Orson Randall.

While I think he was most likely amping himself there, I don't think that this is necessarily evidence of it. His fists lit up to show that he was imbuing the gun and bullets with chi.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Ok so by this logic, just because Danny happened to be using chi when his punches make shockwaves does not mean chi played a part in it. Do you see how that sounds? Danny never bullet timed, a superhuman feat, without chi. Every time he bullet times he is using the fist. He has only done it with chi. I can't make it any clearer than that, if you wanna still believe he can do it despite never doing it without chi go ahead. Just no that literally no one else agrees with you.

You can't possibly be serious, can you?

I forgot, ComicVine likes to pretend Elektra wasn't holding back on Matt. My bad.

Or, you can go back and watch the season again to accurately remember what happened during the season instead of accusing someone else of not being objective. Elektra had no clue who Matt was when she first fought him. She had no clue who she was when she fought Matt. Matt had no clue who she was either when he first fought her. That fight couldn't have been more neutral.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, it doesn't. Danny already has an arguable bullet-timing feat in S01 itself and in #5 buildhare showed how Danny perceives Scythe in slow motion. The guy's fast. Deal with it.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No proof that Chi amps he's speed at this point.

Abit off-topic, I don't think Elektra is a bullet timer anymore.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abit off-topic, I don't think Elektra is a bullet timer anymore.

Reasoning?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More importantly, the glow was on the bullets and the bullet fired from the pistol in his right-hand seemed to curve. What does this mean?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would've mentioned Chi amping speed if it truly did that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obviously nah

he bullet timed here

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@jayc1324:

You can't possibly be serious, can you?

I can say the same thing to you. Tell me why you think he can do a superhuman feat without the fist when he has only done it with the fist.

Or, you can go back and watch the season again to accurately remember what happened during the season instead of accusing someone else of not being objective. Elektra had no clue who Matt was when she first fought him. She had no clue who she was when she fought Matt. Matt had no clue who she was either when he first fought her. That fight couldn't have been more neutral.

What does it matter if she didn't know who he was? People bring up that awful strawman all the time. We see what happens when a serious Elektra fights in two instances, when she made Danny open the door and when she kidnapped Danny. That's it. She has multiple opportunities to kill each and every one of them, and she never does it. She even left them all KO'd before when she could have killed them, which is when she kidnapped Danny. She two shotted Jessica and she oneshotted Matt. If she wanted to kill them she would have then. Her leaving them all alive is perfectly solid proof of her lack of desire to go all out and kill them. Those two instances I mentioned above are the only times we see Elektra fighting all out, and she dominates everyone. I don't know why people don't understand this. She holds back on all of the Defenders constantly, not just Matt. So it does not matter if she did not know who he was. She is the Black Sky, she likes fighting for fun, for sport. This is consistent throughout all of her appearances, before becoming the Black Sky and after. Not only are people not being objective when they claim Elektra was going all out on Matt, but they just don't understand her character.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KeyChain

I loved Season 2, Major uprade for Ward slowly becoming my favorite character.

The ending had me confused though, how does he and Colleen have the fist?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obviously nah

he bullet timed here

Loading Video...

This is clear aim-dodging. The guy pulls the gun, Danny moves, and then he fires the gun twice. For this to be bullet timing Danny would need to still be there when the guy fires but he moves before that. The guy also just missed really badly so Danny could have not moved at all and would have been fine

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: He did bullet time in Harold's apartment though didn't he?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain said:

@jayc1324: He did bullet time in Harold's apartment though didn't he?

I'd have to see it to decide, I don't remember that

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Danny reacts after its been fired, listen to the sound

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

what are we supposed to be seeing here? He's shooting a blicky, how is that a speed boost or speed feat?

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Other Guy fired a bullet at Danny, Danny fired after him and intentionally intercepted the bullet, which isn't possible unsless you can react the bullet.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain: The "speed feat" here is how fast Danny is pulling a trigger. Danny himself did not move after a bullet was fired and then caught it, or intercepted it, or hit it, he pulled a trigger to shoot the other bullet.

This isn't a speed feat at all, just more dumb MCU threads.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: He had to aim at the other Bullet, which means he had to see it moving, it's a reaction feat, you can not do what he just did unless you can see the other Bullet travel.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jashugan

@keychain said:

He had to aim at the other Bullet, which means he had to see it moving, it's a reaction feat, you can not do what he just did unless you can see the other Bullet travel.

Aiming is not a speed feat. If you're a stickler, you can make the claim that Danny has good eye sight and aim.

Seeing is not a speed feat either and you're not proving so..

This is not a "reaction feat" either. Both of these characters are facing each other with blickies pointed at each other, Danny is already superhuman, it doesn't take him any more ridiculous reaction speed to do the feat of pulling a trigger. Many humans have pulled triggers after a gun was fired.

I'll repeat myself, what you have here is not a speed feat at all. This claim of "seeing a bullet travel" isn't even supported in the gif posted but it is highly likely he did, which again is not a speed feat at all. It's not a feat of this character moving his body at a high speed.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

Are you daft mate? How can someone shoot a bullet out of the air if they can't react to the speed of the bullet?

They can't, because if you can't react to a bullet you can't intercept it mid air.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Do you consider this Bullet timing? The bloke above isn't making any sense I need more input.

I'm also trying to find a video of the scene in Harlods Apartment.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain:

Are you daft mate? How can someone shoot a bullet out of the air if they can't react to the speed of the bullet?

Are you daft? Key word is shoot. How do you shoot a gun? You pull a trigger. You want to know how fast Danny is moving? Calculate how quickly it takes him to pull a trigger before the bullet reached his position half way.

They can't, because if you can't react to a bullet you can't intercept it mid air.

Dumb posting from someone who is likely an alt. The bullet Danny shot intercepted another bullet. Danny himself did not move and intercept a bullet.

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: hence why I said "Reacted too"

I didn't say he travels at bullet speeds, you might actually be daft.

FYI, it's a Gun not a "Blickie".

https://gfycat.com/PeriodicRawKite

It's not his first time bullet timing

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: @jayc1324:

https://gfycat.com/PeriodicRawKite

Here's his first Bullet timing feat, he very clearly movies after it's fired, I would post the gif but Idk how.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keychain said:

@jayc1324: Do you consider this Bullet timing? The bloke above isn't making any sense I need more input.

I'm also trying to find a video of the scene in Harlods Apartment.

Got you covered.

Loading Video...

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jashugan

@keychain:

hence why I said "Reacted too"

He "reacted to" by pulling another trigger from his own gun while both his arms where already holding the gun pointed at his enemy. He did not move his entire arm to "react" to a bullet. This is not impressive at all. It's also not a speed feat either, and not an impressive reaction feat given the circumstance I detailed.

FYI, it's a Gun not a "Blickie".

Don't give a shit

I didn't say he travels at bullet speeds, you might actually be daft.

You didn't say anything of note.

It's not his first time bullet timing

This is highly irrelevant because the gif posted isn't a speed feat. Whose alt is this?

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: You can't do what he did unless you can react to the other Bullet moving that's fact, take your bullshit logic and shove it.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jashugan

@keychain said:

You can't do what he did unless you can react to the other Bullet moving that's fact, take your bullshit logic and shove it.

yea yea, now please tell us how fast he is moving and why this would be a speed feat or a speed boost. Stop being a butthurt alt.