Edited 29 days, 12 hours ago

Poll: MCU Comedy (19 votes)

Yes I didn't ask for a comedy 47%
No keep it fun 53%

Does the MCU need to dial it down on the Comedy. GOTG 2 and Thor Ragnarok were both great movies but I found myself getting so annoyed at the Disney level (yea **** you Disney) Comedy.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for a good laugh but not throughout the entire movie and Especially not during Serious parts... For example

When Thor released Surtur to destroy Asguard and they had that "Funny" Hulk Sequence... that scene should have been completely serious.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#1 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9311 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the character, I dont want to think all their main characters are funny.

Avatar image for theoneaboveyall
#2 Posted by theoneaboveyall (196 posts) - - Show Bio

GOTG movies, Spiderman etc. its ok but "Ragnarok" really?

#3 Edited by Eto (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. I had genuine chuckles over Thor but I understand where you're coming from, opI definitely do.

Avatar image for bella_blackstar
#4 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you dare disrespect the Shawarma !

#5 Posted by Aros001 (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a "trying to have your cake and eat it too" kind of situation. The MCU movies are starting to get into the problem of trying to have scenes be both funny and serious at the same time and it does not work. I didn't feel any weight during Thor's final plan to stop Hela using Surtur because the movie kept defusing any of the tension. Same with the death and funeral scenes in GOTG 2. I like the MCU movies but if the same happens in Black Panther and Infinity War, it'll really seem like the studio is afraid the audience would get bored with their movies if there isn't a laugh in every single scene.

#6 Posted by Eto (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: agreed. BP and IWar should really tone down the humour. Like what the....Thanos has arrived, there's no time to crack jokes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a13797b4eb42
#7 Posted by deactivated-5a13797b4eb42 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Only for Infinity War.

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

They do need to tone it down a bit or at least balance it a bit better. Also, we don't need every character trying to be funny.

#9 Edited by black_wreath (13379 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw Ragnarok for the second time last night, the comedic aspects have actually been overstated by viewers. On second I noticed how many more scenes were played straight than I remembered from the first, probably more than the GotG movies. Asgard is mostly approached with reverence and a tone more keeping with the previous Thor movies while Sakaar is pretty much portrayed as a world of peculiarity. They both take after their rulers...

The "fun" is what they're known for and it's not going anywhere, how well it's pulled off often depends on the director.