MCU Captian Marvel is nuke level.

• 167 results
ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nuke level kinda makes me think she's overrated if that's true. Godzilla can also tank a nuke.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nuke level missiles that are town level in size lmao.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 death4bunnies  Moderator

nuke level missiles that are town level in size lmao.

Here is a picture of the explosion from Ronans point of view; do you really think this is only town sized?

No Caption Provided

Lets look a little closer.

No Caption Provided

Compared to the continents and the oceans this explosion seems to be the size of a US State.

I'd agree that explosion wasn't as big when we see Carol exit it, but to be fair the explosion wasn't done expanding yet.

Do you really think this explosions is only town sized???

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: I don't about your assumption that it was as big as Nebraska. The image doesn't clearly show that. Great job tho.

How about this picture of that same explosion.

No Caption Provided

Here it is zoomed in, compared against the ocean and continents the explosion seems to to be about state size.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I think she absorbed the energy of the warheads, yes. But I don’t think she tanked the total kinetic energy of the blasts.

She’s either whatever level DCEU Supes is or slightly above in energy durability.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: I think she absorbed the energy of the warheads, yes. But I don’t think she tanked the total kinetic energy of the blasts.

She’s either whatever level DCEU Supes is or slightly above in energy durability.

I can respect that.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Also remember that she generates her own energy. She could have just amped her energy field and flown through as well.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@amcu said:

It was definitely implied that the missiles would wipe out life on earth IIRC. But Carol didn't take the full explosion point blank at the moment it detonated. She flew into the explosions after they had begun to expand. Still a great feat though.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: exploding in the air and hitting the ground really should not affect their damage out put at all. The missile struck her. She took the full force of it. We just don’t know how powerful those missiles were so there is no way to even use that as a feat.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 killbilly  Moderator
Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: i am not randomly tagging you. I was just responding to your post.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@christianrapper: My post was literally me quoting somebody else... Either way, that doesn't address the point that they made ( which I agreed with ). That being that it's quite possible the missiles detonated prematurely as a result of CM flying into them and, as a result, only released a fraction of their potency. It could also be that she took their full power, we don't know.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 death4bunnies  Moderator

@killbilly:

She was in the 'epicenter' of at least some of the missiles explosions.

Here she is just entering the fireball, and about 9 missiles have yet to explode.

No Caption Provided

And when we see her exit there are no missiles left in front of her yet to be exploded.

No Caption Provided

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@christianrapper:

You not completely wrong in that we don't know exactly how powerful the explosion was, however statements in the movie repeatedly say they can wipe out life on a planet; but more importantly we can see the size of the fireball the explosions created.

This is a screen shot of that very explosion seem from Ronans ship, the fireball seems to be the size of Nebraska; scaling off the continents and the ocean.

No Caption Provided

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She couldnt even tank a power stone blast, i believe ronan would have at least tried to capture her if he had the power stone with him, she definitely isnt tanking a nuke without serious injury

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 death4bunnies  Moderator

@lord_titan_:

What level would you say the explosion she actually took was? From the view of Ronan’s ship it looked to be the size of a US state.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_titan_:

What level would you say the explosion she actually took was? From the view of Ronan’s ship it looked to be the size of a US state.

She tanked some of the blast, but not the full impact

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I don't think that even the strongest nuke would be seen from space in the same way a single Kree missile did, also they did cause a shockwave when they exploded on Torfa, and she no sold a dozen of them, she can definitely tank a nuke, maybe not the radiation yet, but everything else yeah. And it's obvious people aren't going to accept a feat that puts her way above Superman, but you just have to keep supporting the very well based argument that you have here.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

@death4bunnies: I don't think that even the strongest nuke would be seen from space in the same way a single Kree missile did, also they did cause a shockwave when they exploded on Torfa, and she no sold a dozen of them, she can definitely tank a nuke, maybe not the radiation yet, but everything else yeah. And it's obvious people aren't going to accept a feat that puts her way above Superman, but you just have to keep supporting the very well based argument that you have here.

Thank you, we got to keep pushing for truth and justice ect....

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she is super star level because she's superior to Thor and because it's her actual powers

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Unusual_Suspect

@death4bunnies:

When you repeat your "size of Nebraska" comment (repeatedly... ad nauseum... etc., etc.), are you factoring in Ronan's perspective?

The blast doesn't occur on the Earth's surface, after all, it occurs somewhere between Ronan's Fleet and Earth. The closer the blast occurs to Ronan's Fleet, the smaller the blast needs to be to still be a Nebraska-sized image overlaying Earth.

You can use a quarter to block your sight to the moon. That doesn't mean the quarter is moon-sized.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@unusual_suspect said:

@death4bunnies:

When you repeat your "size of Nebraska" comment (repeatedly... ad nauseum... etc., etc.), are you factoring in Ronan's perspective?

The blast doesn't occur on the Earth's surface, after all, it occurs somewhere between Ronan's Fleet and Earth. The closer the blast occurs to Ronan's Fleet, the smaller the blast needs to be to still be a Nebraska-sized image overlaying Earth.

You can use a quarter to block your sight to the moon. That doesn't mean the quarter is moon-sized.

The blast happens at about cloud level; I was judging by the clouds and oceans vs the size of the continents, and yes taking into consideration Ronans perspective.

From that perspective a cloud would have to be about as big as Nebraska to obscure it, a bit smaller perhaps, but the explosion is still roughly the size of a US state would you agree?

I don't believe even our biggest nukes create a explosion that massive.

(Edit: sorry I repeat myself on forums sometimes; not everyone reads through every comment on the thread before engaging me in debate, but thats really no excuse for nauseating you.:))

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, the amount of mental gymnastics created to deprive a character of an obvious feat. Those missiles are good enough to be city-level, but undoubtedly it's better than that BvS warhead.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She no sold Thanos’s bombardment which created a mile wide crater. She’s easily nuke level

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely a much better feat than BvS nuke, that's for sure.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not Nuke Level by current feats, anyone can see that

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

nuke level lol

nowhere close to that when he fought Yon-Rogg and Thanos.

she's always at the minority against Zod or MoS Supes in every thread lol even though MCU is way more popular, those results don't lie.

she took building level explosion, non-atomic fission bomb. looks comparable to MOAB from how powerful is the explosion.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@squaddoubleyou: @bayman007:

few things, nuke level in energy/explosive durability is what is being discussed.

MCU is more popular, but CM is not; CM receives a fair amount of hate.

Now to the feats..

I’m sure you’ve read some of the arguments above...the blast of the missiles CM flew through was visible from space.

Here is some further confirmation..

Below we seenthe Kree use the exact same missiles on the Skrulls on the planet Torfa.

Loading Video...

Clearly visually city level explosions.

——-

Can you show me some non nuclear IRL explosions that are this massive and visible from space??

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Few things back, i know what is being discussed here thank you.

Secondly, I happen to like CM and see lots of love for her as a new MCU character.

Thirdly, she still has NO feats that put her at Nuke level. So perhaps change the title of your thread

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 death4bunnies  Moderator

@bayman007:

I tagged 2 people, ignore the stuff about popularity; that was for the other guy.

I think the Kree missiles were nuke level.

>stated that they are able to surface wipe.

>visually city size explosions on Torfa.

>visible from space on earth.

——-

if you have an evidence or reasoning that suggests otherwise (besides saying nuh uh) I’d love to hear it, but until then I think I’ll leave the title as it is....accurate.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bayman007

@death4bunnies: The gif you posted in your OP says much more than i can put into words... everyone can see that.

She stopped one missile, and sent it crashing into the others. You said there were some 'inconsistencies with the special effects of the explosions' even when its clear they didn't detonate in her face, but were destroyed causing the fuel to explode.

She didn't fly through a nuke expolding in her face. So the title is missleading, and it's far from being accurate.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 death4bunnies  Moderator

@bayman007:
I’m not sure you should speak for everyone..lots of people agree with me.

——

CM wasnt in the blast when the first missile exploded but as you can see from the screen below she entered the explosion before all the missiles exploded..

Saying she no sold 1 is a bit of a low ball as I count 8 unexploded missiles when she enters the explosio.

No Caption Provided

^^^ Clearly no sold at least 1 Kree warhead^^

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure whether they intended to show in this scene that she can no-sell country level warheads but all of these explosions combined are far smaller than every single on shown during Kree attack earlier on.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Bayman007

@death4bunnies: I don't think there are any inconsistences with the special effects of the explosions. Those are not nucular detonations.

Zoom and Look at the fire in that still ^ you can see bits of the missile remains sparking off in different directions.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 death4bunnies  Moderator

@nn5 said:

Not sure whether they intended to show in this scene that she can no-sell country level warheads but all of these explosions combined are far smaller than every single on shown during Kree attack earlier on.

How large do you think the explosion is in comparison to the missiles?

No Caption Provided

They seem to be small building sized.

No Caption Provided

Looks around town sized when looking at the building sized missiles In comparison....I think?

And of course visible from Ronans ship in space in the same scene.

——

Plus the statements and the Torfa showing seem to be a lot of evidence.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: I don't think there are any inconsistences with the special effects of the explosions. Those are not nucular detonations.

Zoom and Look at the fire in that still ^ you can see bits of the missile remains sparking off in different directions.

I agree not nuclear or atomic action or any of the special kinds of effects atomic action produce.(like ionizing or atomic bond busting)

i just ment in terms of destructive power(like city wiping) seems to be around the level of our bigger IRL nukes.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Bayman007

@death4bunnies: A Kree balitic missile delivering it's package and detonating =/= A Kree balisic missile being destroyed before it has a chance to detonate.

Again, those explosions were just as they were supposed to be. So saying CM is Nuke level based on that scene is factually incorrect.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 death4bunnies  Moderator

@bayman007:

spliting hairs.

You have zero proof that is the case.

Its fairly clear that the movie sprnt time hyping those missiles up.

If you really believe that because the missiles blew up from hitting eachother and not hitting the ground, do you believe the same about the BVS nuke?? Because it hit them and not the ground??

Its pretty clear by the plot of the movie, she tanked large kree missiles that were both shown and stated to be impressive.

Her tanking the missiles is a pretty large plot point of the movie.

Rah intent.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Bayman007

@death4bunnies: Superman and Doomsday were being tracked, on screen, they were confirmed to be clear of the city and flying into space.

"We can go straight to Key Red, Mr President"

"Redbirds are armed to deploy"

"Fire at will"

They aim for projectile 1 (Doomsday).

You can see Superman look back at the Nuke and turns himself and Doomsday to face it. The Nuke detonates. Batman observes the Nukes shockwave rolling across the sky.

Compared too;

The Kree ship appears outsides Earths atmosphere.

"Deploy Balistic Warheads" targeting Earth.

Captain Mavel unexpectedly shoots upwards, stopping one missile. It doesn't detonate. She sends it crashing into the other missiles, destroying them, creating smaller Balistic missile size explosions.

"That's impossible" says Ronan, wondering why they didn't reach their target C53 (Earth).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@death4bunnies: But I'm not sure where you're getting nuke level from. Nothing about that explosion was anywhere near nuke level. Also Carol didn't actually no-sell that explosion as the missle blew all those small missles up.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 death4bunnies  Moderator

@sufferedtoker:

I say nuke level based of city wide destruction (visually) and surface wipe statements.

This picture where Ronan is looking at the explosion CM flew through from space isn’t on Torfa...this is a Ronans view of CM busting those missiles...it’s visually a huge part of earth..city sized at least.

No Caption Provided

——

im not sure what ’small missiles‘ your referring to, I think those were all the same building sized accuser missiles.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

I say nuke level based of city wide destruction (visually) and surface wipe statements.

This picture where Ronan is looking at the explosion CM flew through from space isn’t on Torfa...this is a Ronans view of CM busting those missiles...it’s visually a huge part of earth..city sized at least.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the gif and I don't remember nuke level missiles.

im not sure what ’small missiles‘ your referring to, I think those were all the same building sized accuser missiles.

Carol did not tank any explosions. Show me some feats.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tf is "nuke level?" These missiles are city-busters. Kiloton tier warheads can't do shit to her.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By rajjarsalt

@death4bunnies: You don't need to pay Detective any mind.

And it's clear Bayman's either unaware or ignoring the full size of the explosions as they appear with perspective from Ronan's ship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Like I say, you're obsessed with me. If you weren't you wouldn't keep following me around the forums, making false accusations, because that's all you have left. You can't out argue me, so why not just follow me around and make passive aggressive comments and troll like you always do. I have told you around ten times that I'm not familiar with your claims.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies:

I'm pretty sure I've seen the gif and I don't remember nuke level missiles.

Carol did not tank any explosions. Show me some feats.

Ya, the gif people show of her throwing and flying through the missile usually has Ronan’s view cut out...when you watch the full scene you can see a absolutely giant explosion from space.

Loading Video...

Now your claiming that you want to see feats(like this whole thread isn’t about 1 particular feat), and that CM ‘didn’t tank ANY explosion’?(pure trolling)

lol you really are that detective guy, thanks for the confirmation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

Ya, the gif people show of her throwing and flying through the missile usually has Ronan’s view cut out...when you watch the full scene you can see a absolutely giant explosion from space.

That's not evidence and size =\= damage output.

Now your claiming that you want to see feats(like this whole thread isn’t about 1 particular feat), and that CM ‘didn’t tank ANY explosion’?(pure trolling)

It's not "trolling" since she never tanked any "nuke level" explosion.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies:

That's not evidence and size =\= damage output.

It's not "trolling" since she never tanked any "nuke level" explosion.

City’s being obliterated on Torfa say otherwise...statements of accusers surface wiping day other wise.

You can see the lights of the city from space..then you can see them destroyed.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Rajjarsalt is so inept, so out of any and all arguments, so butthurt over me roasting him in every debate that he's trying to use a cop-out to make my points invalid.

This is what is known as losing the plot and you're now trusting his words.