MCU Captian Marvel is nuke level.

• 72 results
Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

---------

Now the nuke. Ive been thinking about this for a bit, and I didnt know what forum to post it to, but this one seems relevant.

I think the large Kree missiles Carol no sold to be equatable to the nuke.

Here is a Nuke going off.

Now there is a lot going on here but let me break down the Kree missiles.

They are about as large as a 20 story building as shown here.

Size isnt really important when we are talking missiles tho.

So lets look at the damage the Kree warheads do when they hit a planet. This is from early in the Captain Marvel movies when the accusers bombed a world the Skull were hiding on.

The explosions seem to be city level, and are visible from space.

Carol 100% no-sold 12 of these to the face; she flew right through them.

I know there are some inconsistencies with the special effects here, but statements back the Idea that a Accuser ship can wipe life from a planet with these missiles.

#1 Posted by Amcu (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

It was definitely implied that the missiles would wipe out life on earth IIRC. But Carol didn't take the full explosion point blank at the moment it detonated. She flew into the explosions after they had begun to expand. Still a great feat though.

#2 Posted by Crunch5481 (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

Except the explosions were no where near as volatile as they would have been if they actually hit Earth like they were supposed to. Like come on just look at the size of it. It's not even close from where they impact that planet to when they blow up from crashing into each other. This is what I was referring to death4bunnies not the difference between Nuke and the Missile on the planet, but the difference between the Missile on the planet vs the Missile in the atmosphere.

#3 Posted by Crunch5481 (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

They were stated to be super powerful and they showed that ability when they were used properly, but they didn't explode in the proper way when CM intervened therefore you cannot assume they still unleashed all of their volatility, this is supported by the VAST difference in explosion size.

#4 Posted by KillBilly (3018 posts) - - Show Bio

They were stated to be super powerful and they showed that ability when they were used properly, but they didn't explode in the proper way when CM intervened therefore you cannot assume they still unleashed all of their volatility, this is supported by the VAST difference in explosion size.

This guy gets it.

#5 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

Except the explosions were no where near as volatile as they would have been if they actually hit Earth like they were supposed to. Like come on just look at the size of it. It's not even close from where they impact that planet to when they blow up from crashing into each other. This is what I was referring to death4bunnies not the difference between Nuke and the Missile on the planet, but the difference between the Missile on the planet vs the Missile in the atmosphere.

Oh I understand your point now.

I think they were the same missiles.

I have a couple points I that I think may sway you......

When we see Captain Marvel blow up the missiles we dont really have anything to scale the size of the explosion to in that specific scene.

However they are launched from the same ships and have the exact same design.

Also we get a glimpse of the that explosion from Ronins view.

No Caption Provided

"C-53 doesn't have a defense system a advanced enough to destroy our warheads"

I mean look at the scale of that explosion compared to the clouds.

I think the explosion she no-sold is definitely comparable to the explosions we saw the Accuser missiles produce in the beginning of the movie; in fact id say at least 12 times greater because there was at least 12 of those same missiles.

#6 Edited by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481 said:

This guy gets it.

There really isnt anything to scale the explosion to in the scene where Carol flys through the explosion, but a second later we can see the explosion from Ronans point of view.

Here is a glimpse of the explosion Carol no-sold from Ronans point of view.

No Caption Provided

I believe the only real life ordinance that is visible from space is a nuke.

#8 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly noticed that too. You could see the explosions from Space

#9 Edited by LuminousHydra (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait are you for real?

I think it's pretty clear that the missile explosions that were shown from orbit on the planets surface were much smaller than the ones that cap marvel bull rushed through.

Why? In real life, nuclear weapons undergo a specific nuclear fission reaction which causes the huge mushroom cloud and explosion. But if you were to destroy the nuclear missile before it undergoes that reaction, the explosion would be equivalent to a large fuel tank explosion, which resembles what captain marvel did.

In other words, she caused a fuel explosion, not the specific denotation of the missile payload.

#10 Posted by DammeFavour (8599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!! You can't be serious

#11 Posted by Richubs (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

The explosions didn't do anything to imply they were nuke level infact the fireball was not very impressive.

#12 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like she's outright better than Thor at this point so this would be a no brainer even without that feat.

#13 Posted by macleen (3702 posts) - - Show Bio

Size of explosion has nothing to do with nuke level. Unless the explosion has similar properties of a nuke then it can't be nuke level. You can have a big explosion which only reaches a few thousand degrees or even a hundred thousand, that will be way below nuke. Radiation also has to play a factor. Shockwave/blastwave is the only thing comparable and the one from Marvel isn't comparable.

#14 Posted by Bayman007 (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

No she's not

#15 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you can actually see them from space And they’re still pretty big that’s impressive

#16 Edited by AngryHulks (3803 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone said before, the missile exploded from external force. At least true for man made nuclear weapons, the warhead won't explode at full force if you detonate it the way it shouldn't be. In some cases, all you'll achieve is a small conventional explosion and scattering radioactive materials around. If I remember correctly, the Kree's orbital weapon is suppose to be powerful enough to sterilize large portion of the planet, and it's clear that the explosion shown in the movie never reach a scale that indicate it can destroy anything more than a city block.

Anyway, it's still impressive that Captain Marvel can stop the momentum of a missile.

#17 Posted by tethadam (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be suprised if she could tank it.

#18 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

The explosions didn't do anything to imply they were nuke level infact the fireball was not very impressive.

The fireball was visible from space, I feel like thats impressive.

#19 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks:

Wait are you for real?

I think it's pretty clear that the missile explosions that were shown from orbit on the planets surface were much smaller than the ones that cap marvel bull rushed through.

Why? In real life, nuclear weapons undergo a specific nuclear fission reaction which causes the huge mushroom cloud and explosion. But if you were to destroy the nuclear missile before it undergoes that reaction, the explosion would be equivalent to a large fuel tank explosion, which resembles what captain marvel did.

In other words, she caused a fuel explosion, not the specific denotation of the missile payload.

Im not exactly arguing that they are nukes, just that the fireball they created was visible from space, and I believe the only real life ordinance thats explosion is visible from space is a nuke.

The fireball being visible from space can be seen in the early video of the accusers bombing a kree world, and the fire ball from space can also be seen from Ronans ship when Carol breaks blows them up.

#20 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen said:

Size of explosion has nothing to do with nuke level. Unless the explosion has similar properties of a nuke then it can't be nuke level. You can have a big explosion which only reaches a few thousand degrees or even a hundred thousand, that will be way below nuke. Radiation also has to play a factor. Shockwave/blastwave is the only thing comparable and the one from Marvel isn't comparable.

I sorta agree with this; there is no reason for me to thing fission is going on their.

I just said nuke level because nukes are the only real life ordinance thats fireball is visible from space.

You can see the explosion Carol made from Ronans ship.

#21 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3639 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by SirPounce (263 posts) - - Show Bio

No she's not.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#24 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4984 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao. No.

A nuke's mushroom cloud reaches space. Those missiles exploded around city-block level.

Explosion size also doesn't equal explosion level. A nuke has immense force behind it. Not all large explosions do.

#25 Posted by LuminousHydra (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: What I was trying to say was that the explosions from the beginning of the film aren't the same size as the explosions at the end of the film. To explain this inconsistency, I figure that the initial explosions were caused by the payload detonation and the later ones were just the fuel tank explosions, similar to that of a nuclear weapon. Because of this, you can't use the explosion size from the beginning of the film as a feat for Captain Marvel, because the explosion she tanked was different ( a lot smaller, etc).

#26 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: What I was trying to say was that the explosions from the beginning of the film aren't the same size as the explosions at the end of the film. To explain this inconsistency, I figure that the initial explosions were caused by the payload detonation and the later ones were just the fuel tank explosions, similar to that of a nuclear weapon. Because of this, you can't use the explosion size from the beginning of the film as a feat for Captain Marvel, because the explosion she tanked was different ( a lot smaller, etc).

I can agree with most of that.

You can still see the explosion from space that Carol bullrushed through tho.

This picture is from right after CM bullrushes the Missiles, its from Ronan's view. Do you think this explosion alone is nuke level?(not using the feats from earlier in the movie)

No Caption Provided

#27 Edited by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t said:

Lmao. No.

A nuke's mushroom cloud reaches space. Those missiles exploded around city-block level.

Explosion size also doesn't equal explosion level. A nuke has immense force behind it. Not all large explosions do.

I don't think a Nukes mushroom cloud quite reaches space.

No Caption Provided

I think it would look similar to this image, but I cant find a image of a nuke from space to compare against.

No Caption Provided

The fireball seems to be the size of Nebraska.

No Caption Provided

#28 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4984 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I was mistaken.

But Carol isn't nuke level, those explosions were nowhere near as forceful as a nuke.

#29 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I was mistaken.

But Carol isn't nuke level, those explosions were nowhere near as forceful as a nuke.

Id agree with that, the fireball being visible from space seems massive, but the actual explosions didn't have a visible shockwave or real indicator of their strength.

#30 Posted by LuminousHydra (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Maybe not nuke level but reaching nuke size.
Do you have a video of that scene?

#31 Edited by KingOfWakanda (3137 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a few too many variables that we just don't have the answer to. What force do the Kree missiles carry? Are they nuclear or something else? What was the size of the planet that they hit in the beginning of the movie relative to Earth? Also, they didn't hit Earth, they detonated in the atmosphere so it's hard to gauge how high the explosion rose.

I'm not ready to declare Carol's nuke level durability. The feat is still damn impressive as she took zero damage whatsoever. I don't think we can rule out her taking a nuke one way or another.

#32 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Maybe not nuke level but reaching nuke size.

Do you have a video of that scene?

Here it is, no sound tho.

Loading Video...

#33 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4984 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Plus, those missiles didn't explode/detonate like they were supposed to, massively reducing their effectiveness.

If she tanked them upon detonation she would have died, since she can't really survive a city-level blast visible from orbit (as far as we know.)

#34 Edited by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t said:

@death4bunnies: Plus, those missiles didn't explode/detonate like they were supposed to, massively reducing their effectiveness.

If she tanked them upon detonation she would have died, since she can't really survive a city-level blast visible from orbit (as far as we know.)

Ya, I don't know if they detonated like they were suppose to; however the explosion she took was visible from space.

This is from Ronans ship and the fireball looks to be as large as Nebraska.

No Caption Provided

---------------

She was in the 'epicenter' of at least some of the missiles explosions.

Here she is just entering the fireball, and about 9 missiles have yet to explode.

No Caption Provided

And when we see her exit there are no missiles left in front of her yet to be exploded.

No Caption Provided

#35 Posted by Heatforce (6741 posts) - - Show Bio

You can destroy the package without detonating the warhead - which is the thing that causes the big boom. If they are like modern nukes then the warheads won't detonate unless they hit their targets; even if they are blasted out of the air.

#36 Posted by BalancedTruth (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job man. Don’t worry about your detractors. She could have tanked a planet bust and they would call her wall level.

#37 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

You can destroy the package without detonating the warhead - which is the thing that causes the big boom. If they are like modern nukes then the warheads won't detonate unless they hit their targets; even if they are blasted out of the air.

Agreed, and I'm not saying thats not what happened here; however we can see the very explosion that Captain Marvel took from space, as seen here.

No Caption Provided

That is Captain Marvel destroying the missiles from Ronans viewpoint.

Here is a video version, you can see the explosion from Ronans ship at the end of that clip.

If you look at the explosion from Ronans view its about the size of Nebraska.

No Caption Provided

You can see the explosion she took from space, regardless if the missiles payload exploded correctly, the fireball she actually took was the size of a US State.

#38 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job man. Don’t worry about your detractors. She could have tanked a planet bust and they would call her wall level.

Thanks bro.

I'm just sitting at my work computer; I knew this was a bold claim, I don't really mind defending it.

#39 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4984 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Explosion size is irrelevant, though. Blast force isn't tied to size, meaning that explosion could just be relatively mild fireballs spread across a large area, which doesn't make Carol that durable at all.

#40 Edited by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t said:

@death4bunnies: Explosion size is irrelevant, though. Blast force isn't tied to size, meaning that explosion could just be relatively mild fireballs spread across a large area, which doesn't make Carol that durable at all.

The gas and fire expanding to roughly the size of a state in that short of a time frame should give some indication of force; but I don't altogether disagree with your opinion.

#41 Posted by Lan_Fan (18109 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is nuke level explosion.

#42 Posted by Gokluma (9197 posts) - - Show Bio

So it will take all nukes from every single military to kill Carol?

#43 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokluma said:

So it will take all nukes from every single military to kill Carol?

She No-Sold the best that the Kree and Thanos had to offer in terms of Missiles/Artillery, so Im not sure that its entirely unreasonable that this is the case.

On the other hand this is a pretty outlierish feat, but in my opinion pretty impressive in terms of shear scale.

#44 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

I don't think this is nuke level explosion.

Can I ask why not?

Ive gotten a couple pretty reasonable explanations on the side of doubt.

#45 Posted by Lan_Fan (18109 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Scaling from the size of the missiles, it looks like about large city block level. Plus, as an energy manipulator and absorber, she must have a special resistance against energy attacks like this.

#46 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@death4bunnies: Scaling from the size of the missiles, it looks like about large city block level. Plus, as an energy manipulator and absorber, she must have a special resistance against energy attacks like this.

Im not sure the explosion was done expanding when we last get a earthly view of it, but by the time Ronan see it, it seems to be the size of a US State.

No Caption Provided

I can totally respect the Idea that she is some kinda energy absorber rather than being carry durable.

#47 Posted by Lan_Fan (18109 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Well, she was already above the cloud when the explosion occured, and do we know how high up Ronan was?

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

nuke level captain marvel vs nuke level dceu superman

#49 Posted by death4bunnies (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@death4bunnies: Well, she was already above the cloud when the explosion occured, and do we know how high up Ronan was?

I agree she was just above cloud level when the explosion went off and that should be took into account.

I mean we know roughly how high he was(not exactly), and we can see continents and a ocean, scaling by those the fireball was about as big as a State.

No Caption Provided

#50 Posted by Darkthunder (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I don't about your assumption that it was as big as Nebraska. The image doesn't clearly show that. Great job tho.