• 78 results
Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) 2 months, 7 days ago

Poll: MCU Captain Marvel vs DCEU Superman which feat of strength is more impressive??? (101 votes)

Captain Marvel's feat 69%
Superman's feat 31%

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by yZone (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel's is better

#2 Edited by Archangel01 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

Clarks, he is physically stronger than MCU Heavyhitters

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16510 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#4 Posted by phillip33 (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m thinking caps

#5 Edited by AngelJax (11749 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Carol's

#6 Posted by RBT (28491 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol's by a good few times.

#7 Edited by Heatforce (6266 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol's but lets be amazed at how the building supes carries maintains structural integrity 👏👏👏

#8 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3756 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's where you're all drinking the latest Marvel Cool Aid. How predictable.

#9 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: Sweet, I suppose this is where you lay down the law and prove which feat is truly better ya?

#10 Posted by ThunderPrince (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Carol's by a good few times.

#11 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

Carols. Even tho the Missle was half the size it was moving at Mach speeds and had a constant thrust pushing it down.

#12 Posted by MrTrey (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol's feat is better, Superman's stronger.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#13 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny, I have calcs for both.

Superman

• Via this article, an average 2,200 square foot, 2 level home is about 605,000 pounds, or 302.5 tons.
  • Via this article, 64% of Russian (where this scene takes place) live in apartments smaller than 60 square meters, or 646 square feet. That’s roughly one-third the floor space of a 302.5 ton home. Let’s say one apartment is 100 tons for a nice round number. It’s likely less because the home includes another floor of materials, an attic, its own roof, etc, that an apartment doesn’t, but to benefit Superman let’s say one Russian apartment is 100 tons.
  • The building Superman lifted has five floors, each floor having a row of 13 windows and a balcony. From the Russian apartment article, it looks like there are typically two windows and a balcony for each apartment. Assuming that each apartment in the building Superman lifted is one floor and has two windows and one balcony,
  • 4.25 apartments per floor...
  • 5 floors...
  • 4.25 apartments x 5 floors = 4.25(100 tons) x 5 = 2,125 tons.

This building feat is considered Superman’s best raw strength feat yet, and I’ve estimated it’s just over 2000 tons. He could well be lifting more, but I think my estimation is accurate enough to assure that he isn’t lifting significantly more than 2000 tons.

Captain Marvel

This feat can be extremely lowballed or have a bunch of assumptions made to attempt to assess Carol’s feat more accurately, so I will do both.

Lowballed:

• The missile is very big and I'm assuming it is made from very durable, dense alien metal, so it is likely much heavier than any missile or rocket made on Earth so far. Since it also comes from an extremely advanced alien civilization, I assume it's engines are much more powerful than anything on Earth, but for the sake of estimation I will assume that it has the same mass and thrust as the Saturn V rocket, the largest and most powerful rocket ever made.
  • Saturn V when fully loaded had a mass of 2,950,000 kg, and its first stage engines produced 35,100,000 Newtons of thrust. If it was propelling itself straight into the ground, the total force on the rocket would be gravity and its thrust.
  • With constant acceleration, the warheads would be going extremely fast, but I’ll lowball its speed before Carol caught it to Mach 1, 343 m/s.
  • It takes about six seconds for Carol to slow the missile to a stop, so she applied an acceleration of 57.1 m/s^2 on the missile.
  • The total force Carol exerted can be determined by adding the net force on the missile, m*a, plus the force of gravity, m*g, plus the thrust from the engine, t.

Force = m*a + m*g + t = (2,950,000 kg * 57.1 m/s^2) + (2,950,000 kg * 9.81 m/s^2) + 35,100,000 N = 232484500 N

That's equal to 26132.30 tons

With assumptions:

• The warhead is gigantic and looks to have much more mass than Saturn V based on its construction, so I’ll say it has five times Saturn V’s mass.
  • The warhead is capable of traveling from at least low earth orbit to the surface of earth in minutes. I’ll say two minutes.
  • Therefore, its assumed mass is 14,750,000 kg and its acceleration is 277.8 m/s^2.
  • If Carol caught the warhead 30 seconds before it would have struck the ground, and slowed it down to a standstill in six seconds, she would have exerted 103,910,800,000 Newtons of force, or 11,680,038.56 tons.

So Carol’s feat is at absolute minimum 25 thousand tons, and it could range to possibly over 10 million tons when we factor in movie time and other assumptions.

Conclusion: Carol’s feat is far better no matter how you look at it. She’s physically much stronger than DCEU Superman.

#14 Posted by Amcu (16895 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol's. She stopped the entire missile's forward momentum and overpowered its thrust to throw it flying thousands of feet away.

#15 Posted by Heatforce (6266 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny, I have calcs for both.

Superman

• Via this article, an average 2,200 square foot, 2 level home is about 605,000 pounds, or 302.5 tons.
  • Via this article, 64% of Russian (where this scene takes place) live in apartments smaller than 60 square meters, or 646 square feet. That’s roughly one-third the floor space of a 302.5 ton home. Let’s say one apartment is 100 tons for a nice round number. It’s likely less because the home includes another floor of materials, an attic, its own roof, etc, that an apartment doesn’t, but to benefit Superman let’s say one Russian apartment is 100 tons.
  • The building Superman lifted has five floors, each floor having a row of 13 windows and a balcony. From the Russian apartment article, it looks like there are typically two windows and a balcony for each apartment. Assuming that each apartment in the building Superman lifted is one floor and has two windows and one balcony,
  • 4.25 apartments per floor...
  • 5 floors...
  • 4.25 apartments x 5 floors = 4.25(100 tons) x 5 = 2,125 tons.

This building feat is considered Superman’s best raw strength feat yet, and I’ve estimated it’s just over 2000 tons. He could well be lifting more, but I think my estimation is accurate enough to assure that he isn’t lifting significantly more than 2000 tons.

Captain Marvel

This feat can be extremely lowballed or have a bunch of assumptions made to attempt to assess Carol’s feat more accurately, so I will do both.

Lowballed:

• The missile is very big and I'm assuming it is made from very durable, dense alien metal, so it is likely much heavier than any missile or rocket made on Earth so far. Since it also comes from an extremely advanced alien civilization, I assume it's engines are much more powerful than anything on Earth, but for the sake of estimation I will assume that it has the same mass and thrust as the Saturn V rocket, the largest and most powerful rocket ever made.
  • Saturn V when fully loaded had a mass of 2,950,000 kg, and its first stage engines produced 35,100,000 Newtons of thrust. If it was propelling itself straight into the ground, the total force on the rocket would be gravity and its thrust.
  • With constant acceleration, the warheads would be going extremely fast, but I’ll lowball its speed before Carol caught it to Mach 1, 343 m/s.
  • It takes about six seconds for Carol to slow the missile to a stop, so she applied an acceleration of 57.1 m/s^2 on the missile.
  • The total force Carol exerted can be determined by adding the net force on the missile, m*a, plus the force of gravity, m*g, plus the thrust from the engine, t.

Force = m*a + m*g + t = (2,950,000 kg * 57.1 m/s^2) + (2,950,000 kg * 9.81 m/s^2) + 35,100,000 N = 232484500 N

That's equal to 26132.30 tons

With assumptions:

• The warhead is gigantic and looks to have much more mass than Saturn V based on its construction, so I’ll say it has five times Saturn V’s mass.
  • The warhead is capable of traveling from at least low earth orbit to the surface of earth in minutes. I’ll say two minutes.
  • Therefore, its assumed mass is 14,750,000 kg and its acceleration is 277.8 m/s^2.
  • If Carol caught the warhead 30 seconds before it would have struck the ground, and slowed it down to a standstill in six seconds, she would have exerted 103,910,800,000 Newtons of force, or 11,680,038.56 tons.

So Carol’s feat is at absolute minimum 25 thousand tons, and it could range to possibly over 10 million tons when we factor in movie time and other assumptions.

Conclusion: Carol’s feat is far better no matter how you look at it. She’s physically much stronger than DCEU Superman.

On screen yes. Off screen would be the tectonic plate feat. Nice calcs though 👍

#16 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4896 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Carol’s.

#17 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10989 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s hard to say, Superman’s object has greater mass but Captain Marvel’s is jet boosted. Someone needs to do the calculations rather than fallling prey to MCU wank.

#18 Posted by Doofasa (2171 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10989 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa In that case Captain Marvel wins this.

#20 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is effortlessly floating with the building. His feat is better and he's stronger.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#21 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11834 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol's.

Edit: effortlessly lifting a 7500 tons buildings kinda speaks values of his raw strength, considering the ease at which he preformed the feat. If he's a 100 times stronger than that his strength would be around 10k range and couple that with the ludicrous statements he's got in regard to his lifting strength, I think he could replicate the feat especially with the aide of his travel speed. But that's just me, and I feel like the World Engine feat is better but Carol has the strength edge for now.

There is also this feat from the DoJ prequel comic, where Superman stops a train from derailment saving hundred of people as a result. The reason he appeared to struggle, however, is because he couldn't risk killing all of the passengers inside the train as the narrator stated, his strength wasn't the issue, he could've easily slammed into the train and stopped it but he would've killed all of the passengers inside which is why he appeared to struggle, he only had to exert just enough strength to save the day without causing any deaths. The panels down below are self-explanatory.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12
Warner Bros. Pictures Presents Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice #4

Likewise, remember the famous tectonic plate statement? It was first mentioned in the DoJ tie ins/the next issue, by Lex Luthor. Superman apparently didn't just deal with one earthquake, but several, and the military in the prior issue confirmed that he's only been dealing with natural disasters and that include earthquakes, crime..etc which kinda-sorta validates Lex's statement.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Warner Bros. Pictures Presents Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice #5

Furthermore, Lex stated that Superman has the power to destroy a city with his bare hands (as in the buildings..etc, not the whole landmass).

No Caption Provided

With all of the above having been said, with statements Superman should be able to easily replicate the feat in question. Feat-wise? He could, but he'd struggle in doing so. Anyways, I'm aware that this has no relation with the topic at hand but I feel like mentioning it, the U.S government studied Zod's dead body for months and still couldn't figure out how to penetrate his skin even with cutting edge tech at their disposal (confirmed in DoJ). They needed Kryptonite for that, which once again speaks values of the DCEU Kryptonians piercing durability, including Superman.

No Caption Provided

#22 Edited by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist: I don't think the building feat is Superman's best raw strength feat; he dragged an ocean liner across frozen ground. My understanding is that ships like that can weigh as much as 100,000 tons, which is far more than the less than 3,000 ton building. Plus, he did the former when he was weaker (as resurrected Superman is much stronger than pre-death Superman).

Added to that, his easily knocking out DCCU Wonder Woman, who took hits from Doomsday. We know Doomsday to be about on par with pre-death Superman, so if she can shrug off hits from one, she should be able to shrug off hits from the other. So resurrected Superman two-shotting Diana makes him far, far stronger than both Doomsday and his earlier self, who could not definitively outmuscle Doomsday.

Incidentally, this is part of why I think Kal is still above Carol. But having said that, yeah, the building feat is nowhere near as good as Carol's ship feat, and I really don't know how anyone could think otherwise. Even granting that Superman's feat was done with no strain whereas Carol's feat required strain on her part, the gap in strength is still so massive that Carol's feat is better. But that by itself doesn't prove that Carol is above Kal-El.

#23 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow said:

@aquatic_pianist: I don't think the building feat is Superman's best raw strength feat; he dragged an ocean liner across frozen ground. My understanding is that ships like that can weigh as much as 100,000 tons, which is far more than the less than 3,000 ton building. Plus, he did the former when he was weaker (as resurrected Superman is much stronger than pre-death Superman).

That would be true if the ship Superman dragged was actually an ocean liner, but it’s not.

The ship is a NoCGV Svalbard, an icebreaker for the Norwegian Coast Guard.

No Caption Provided
  • It’s 340.2 feet long, 62.6 feet wide, and weighs 6,375 tons. Much closer to the dimensions of the ship Superman pulled.
  • Also, Superman was dragging the ship, so he wasn’t working against the ship’s weight but its mass, and whatever resistance from the ice. 6,375 tons converts to 5,783,303 kg.
  • When Superman is dragging the ship, he is pulling against significant resistance from the ice. There’s no way for me to estimate exactly how much.
  • I can overestimate by giving him an amount of time it took for him to accelerate the ship from rest to the velocity he is walking at. Let’s say he did it very quickly and it took him one second.
  • To accelerate that mass to about half a man’s regular walking speed, 0.7 m/s, Superman would have exerted 455.05 tons of force. To make this feat surpass lifting a building, the ice would need to exert over 1500 tons of force of resistance, which is unlikely.

So lifting a building is still Superman’s best on screen strength feat.

Added to that, his easily knocking out DCCU Wonder Woman, who took hits from Doomsday. We know Doomsday to be about on par with pre-death Superman, so if she can shrug off hits from one, she should be able to shrug off hits from the other. So resurrected Superman two-shotting Diana makes him far, far stronger than both Doomsday and his earlier self, who could not definitively outmuscle Doomsday.

I’m of the opinion that Diana never took a hit from Doomsday directly to her body, and that she blocked every hit with her shield. However, if she did, that would certainly be true. I am of the opinion that whether Diana took shots from Doomsday or not, Clark does have much more scalable and quantifiable striking feats than Diana. We would need Carol to get some feats from Endgame for more information, but Clark is better at striking at the moment.

Incidentally, this is part of why I think Kal is still above Carol. But having said that, yeah, the building feat is nowhere near as good as Carol's ship feat, and I really don't know how anyone could think otherwise. Even granting that Superman's feat was done with no strain whereas Carol's feat required strain on her part, the gap in strength is still so massive that Carol's feat is better. But that by itself doesn't prove that Carol is above Kal-El.

True. Carol just needs feats right now, her full potential has only been on screen for a few minutes. There’s huge possibility, the Russos just need to show her upper limits.

#24 Edited by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist: Well, fair point on the ship feat.

As for Diana, I think she took direct hits. He hits her so hard that the shield is knocked away from her and she goes flying. Doomsday's hits break her guard, and I think they should be treated as direct hits. Ergo, I do think resurrected Superman KOing her easily is still a good feat.

As to Carol lacking striking feats, she did tear apart a large ship in a matter of seconds. Also, I personally do not consider lifting feats irrelevant to note in versus matchups, as it's the same arms and hands being used. I have never bought into the idea that lifting feats are irrelevant to note in gauging strength in combat because it isn't a punch. I mean, a person who can bench press 800 pounds is going to hit a lot harder then someone who can bench press 80 pounds, and certainly more than someone who can bench press merely 8. And again, it's the same arms and hands. The strength being used to lift or move someone should be applicable to the force of a blow.

But again, I concede in full regarding the ship feat rebuttal. I also commend you for your thoroughness. Wish more folks here could debate like you.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#25 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like some people read it from a script, even when they are awfully wrong: "Superman is stronger than MCU heavy hitters" Lmao.

Carol's feat is probably better than any of Clark's by a good margin.

#26 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like some people read it from a script, even when they are awfully wrong: "Superman is stronger than MCU heavy hitters" Lmao.

Carol's feat is probably better than any of Clark's by a good margin.

It does seem to be better for now, though I don't think she'd stomp him in a fight (at least not yet).

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#27 Edited by ITouchedTheBoat (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know what people on these forums meant when they were talking about insecure DCEU fans...but now I kinda see it

#28 Edited by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat: To be fair, you've got plenty of MCU and Arrowverse wankers here too. Especially the latter.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#29 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: No i don't think she would even beat current Clark in a fight, she is just stronger and faster(though not in combat), but he's more durable and has much more experience fighting powered people(three movies worth of feats) she still lacks various feats in different areas which Thor and Superman don't. But by Endgame which takes 24 years after her solo movie she'll probably have the feats to beat him.

#30 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#31 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat: To be fair, you've got plenty of MCU and Arrowverse wankers here too. Especially the latter.

I'm not saying there aren't, in fact even if I never encountered any MCU wankers I'd still believe you. MCU wankers tried claiming Thor is 'effortlessly' city level.

I guess I'm just more surprised at the fact that DCEU has wankers to begin with considering how unpopular it is among the masses

#32 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow said:

I'm not saying there aren't, in fact even if I never encountered any MCU wankers I'd still believe you. MCU wankers tried claiming Thor is 'effortlessly' city level.

I guess I'm just more surprised at the fact that DCEU has wankers to begin with considering how unpopular it is among the masses

You know, I had never thought of that before now, but now that you point it out, I do have to agree, it is a little surprising.

#33 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m just wondering if they’re really going to portray her as the absolute strongest Avenger in Endgame instead of choosing more of a teamwork theme. The Thor deus ex machina didn’t ruin the ending of Infinity War because it didn’t succeed in stopping Thanos, and he was legit the only heavy hitter left after Thanos had taken every other one out. In Endgame, every heavy hitter could appear, including Thor, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Iron Man, and potentially Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch if they’re brought back in the middle of the movie for the final fight. I think it would be foolish to focus on one character as the key to stopping the big bad, especially one that had just been introduced one month before the big finale of a 10 year franchise. I believe the Russos are smart enough to avoid a Justice League Superman outcome. My dream scenario would be all the heavy hitters working together to hold Thanos back long enough for the rest of the Avengers to enact their plan or whatever, but I’m not a writer. I trust the Russos, Christopher Markus, and Stephen McFeely to finish the MCU strong.

#34 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist: Well, fair point on the ship feat.

As for Diana, I think she took direct hits. He hits her so hard that the shield is knocked away from her and she goes flying. Doomsday's hits break her guard, and I think they should be treated as direct hits. Ergo, I do think resurrected Superman KOing her easily is still a good feat.

As to Carol lacking striking feats, she did tear apart a large ship in a matter of seconds. Also, I personally do not consider lifting feats irrelevant to note in versus matchups, as it's the same arms and hands being used. I have never bought into the idea that lifting feats are irrelevant to note in gauging strength in combat because it isn't a punch. I mean, a person who can bench press 800 pounds is going to hit a lot harder then someone who can bench press 80 pounds, and certainly more than someone who can bench press merely 8. And again, it's the same arms and hands. The strength being used to lift or move someone should be applicable to the force of a blow.

But again, I concede in full regarding the ship feat rebuttal. I also commend you for your thoroughness. Wish more folks here could debate like you.

Thanks dude, I try to be objective.

#35 Posted by pkety (322 posts) - - Show Bio

y'all gotta consider that supes had to rip that building out of the ground and somehow keep up with the flash while holding that.

#36 Posted by LuminousHydra (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Clarks feat is much better and it's not even close.

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
#37 Posted by CarmineDcMarvel (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can’t people just answer the question...? Carols feat is better. BUT, yes, Superman is still more durable and still has more feats that are relevant in battle forums, but WTF just answer the question of the thread - I don’t get people at all. Just a comparison of feats.

#38 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

Its impressive how Supes is carrying that building without it fracturing 😂😂

Physics wise between the two feats I have no idea.

#39 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

In regards to the mass of the two objects I dont get how the building is bigger. Carol is a spec in her gif what you see of her is the energy she's giving off not her physical form. Whereas when we get to see the scope of the building Supes is carrying he's clearly visible. The size different between the two isn't that great either. So id argue the mass of the missle is greater. Its material is obviously more dense, and the fact its a missle it obviously has inner components.

Superman's has inner components as well amd if I remember right he carried it to save the people inside.

#40 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5730 posts) - - Show Bio

CM.

#41 Posted by CCThor (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel.but I think superman is still stronger by a bit.

#42 Posted by Darkthunder (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

#43 Posted by APEX_pretador (20894 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol's feat is by far the better one.

#44 Posted by Supermanthor (19977 posts) - - Show Bio

TIE

#45 Posted by Doom_Phd (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel like the Supes feat was cherry picked purposely to pull in Carol’s favor

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#46 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11834 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by phisigmatau (1967 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by cresShadow (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

The building feat just makes me angry cuz no matter how strong you are, that building isn't staying in one piece. Especially when being moved faster than the flash was apparently running at the time. Also why is everyone talking about all these other feats when there's only 2 feats are being compared?

#49 Posted by dcuwins (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist:

STILL MCU WANKING NONSENSE?

WEIRD? I DONT SEE HIS SPEED IN YOUR CALCULATIONS. CLEARLY THE BUILDINGS WEIGHT WAS A JOKE TO HIM.

SUPERMAN PICKED UP THE BUILDING IN SECONDS AND KEPT UP WITH THE FLASH. HE PICKED UP A BUILDING FASTER THAN A HUMAN GRABBING CAR KEYS OFF A TABLE AND LEAVING THERE FRONT DOOR.. IT WAS 15 SECONDS FROM SUPERMAN STATING I WILL TAKE THE ONES ON THE RIGHT TO FLASH LOOKING UP.

WEIRD, SUPERMAN BLITZED THROUGH ZODS SHIP AT HYPERSONIC SPEEDS WITHOUT A SCRATCH. THAT SHIPPED SURVIVED KRYTPONS EXPLOSION.

Loading Video...

SUPERMAN WITH A STRIKE COULD EASILY DERAIL THE ENTIRE SPEEDING BULLET TRAIN.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#50 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins: Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.