MCU: Captain Marvel is MUCH weaker than Thanos!

• 85 results
khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Many people claim that Carol is much stronger than Thanos, but is this really true? How many times have they fought and how did she do against him? Thanos and Carol have come to blows only two times. Let us see how she fared against the mad Titan.

1. First encounter

Here, you can clearly see Thanos overpowering Carol's leg with his injured hand before Hulkbuster armor jumped in to help her.

This happens after he almost died after snapping the gauntlet just two days ago. Not only that, she needed the help of Hulkbuster armor AND Warmachine to subdue a severely injured Thanos. This scene alone proves that Thanos is miles ahead of Carol in terms of pure physical strength.

2. Second encounter

In this instance, Carol sneaks up on Thanos and strikes him a few times, but Thanos was able to grab her and toss her away like an insignificant fly.

After putting on the gauntlet, Carol actually overpowered Thanos is here.

Only the strongest beings can withstand the power of the gauntlet, which is the only explanation she was able to overpower him here. Simply putting on the gauntlet alone was slowly burning Hulk's arm and made Thanos scream.

Like the Hulk, Thanos was obviously weakened by the energy coming out of the stones after wearing the gauntlet. Otherwise, how did he swat her away like an insect only two seconds prior to wearing the gauntlet?

IN SHORT

Thanos >>>>> very weakened Thanos <= Carol + Hulkbuster + Warmachine

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro’s delusional 😭😭😭

mielle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The delusion is really there, lol.

Why is this important to you though?

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know some of y'all can't stand Carol being that strong, but it is what it is. No amount of Monkey D. Luffy level reaching will change the facts.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know some of y'all can't stand Carol being that strong, but it is what it is. No amount of Monkey D. Luffy level reaching will change the facts.

Exactly

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

L&T Thor>Carol>Thanos

That ain’t changing buddy. Bro got power-cliffed hard.

@mr-yes said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is anyone gonna bother debunking OPs arguments or just cope?

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khalmar5831:

Thanos overpowering Carol's leg

That wasn't a leg.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ajak_XV

So he makes valid points and peoples only response is “nuh uh”

Ot: Not much but I believe he has been shown to be physically stronger

I’m the scene where Carol overpowers thanos she’s using two hands and the force of her flight to overpower one arm of a weakened thanos as he put on the infinity gauntlet which was strong enough to cripple the hulk…

Thanos is physically stronger, Carol is still top tier strength wise though

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh I agree. I still think Thanos overpowering her those two times and especially that fight right before, clearly indicates he's superior.

IMO she was clearly absorbing energy from the IG, given she suddenly goes from getting easily overpowered to overpowering him and no-selling his headbutt, which she couldn't do earlier. We've seen her absorb energy somewhat around her, and we see the IG releasing a lot of energy which explains why even earlier when Thanos was pushing her down she was still being overpowered but she starts overpowering him as time goes on.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real copium is ignoring the obvious context in her “overpowering” (stalemating tbh) Thanos in their second encounter. No Avenger besides Wanda was close to stronger than Thanos in EG

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I’ve always been of the opinion that even if she’s stronger it’s not by much. Between overpowering her leg first time + two arms + flight vs one arm second time, they’re obviously meant to be really close.

khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she is much stronger than Thanos as you say, why did she need Warmachine and Hulkbuster armor to step in and help her restrain Thanos? Thanos is also very injured in this scene because he was so close to dying two days ago after using the gauntlet once more to destroy the stones.

khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By khalmar5831

@jurance said:

So is anyone gonna bother debunking OPs arguments or just cope?

@ajak_xv said:

So he makes valid points and peoples only response is “nuh uh”

That may have been the case three or two years ago, but today you will only find insults and low quality memes

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ready_4_Madness

@khalmar5831: Carol vs Thanos has been debated to death, if you genuinely think Thanos is stronger then there’s nothing I can do to change that. Thanos is a fan favourite whereas Carol is seemingly disliked by everyone which clouds people’s judgement.

They had a fight and Thanos couldn’t harm her. Even if you want to use the excuse of the stones draining him, he was energised enough to physically hold the power stone with his bare hands so I don’t think that excuse is valid. Carol>

Thinking that Thanos is on par with her when he clearly isn’t is just laughable to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-654d15f5f3f34
deactivated-654d15f5f3f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so, he couldn't hurt her during there fight in EG and needed the power stone.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kleinxx: Durability doesnt equal strength

He no sold carols punches and tossed her away, that seems like hurting her

khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: I don't know about others, but I personally don't have enough time to hate on characters.

They had a fight and Thanos couldn’t harm her. Even if you want to use the excuse of the stones draining him, he was energised enough to physically hold the power stone with his bare hands so I don’t think that excuse is valid. Carol>

It is the only reason she overpowered him. How did he throw her away so easily before wearing the gauntlet? That suggests that wearing the gauntlet weakened Thanos. Holding the power stone doesn't mean he wasnt drained or weakened in that moment.

Thinking that Thanos is on par with her when he clearly isn’t is just laughable to me.

She needed Warmachine and Hulkbuster (hulk level) to help her subdue an injured Thanos.

khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:

@nassergrant19 said:

L&T Thor>Carol>Thanos

That ain’t changing buddy. Bro got power-cliffed hard.

Did you watch Endgame?

Loading Video...

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By heiqn
@ready_4_madness said:

@khalmar5831:

Headbutt isn't equal to punch or kick.

He had to use power stone because Carol was breaking his fingers, so he had to attack with all he has, instead of trying to punch him he chose to punch him with power stone

Thanos was already beaten by Worthy Cap, Scarlet Witch and contended with Thor two times at that point

What If only confirmed Carol isn't strong or durable as people think. Carol was ragdolled and hurt by Phase 1 Thor's mjolnir attacks. Phase 1 Thor is Hulk level who Thanos stomped.

Variants don't scale is just a fan made statement to prevent inconsistent scaling when we all know writers wrote the script with MCU characters in mind, and they also confirmed it What If characters represent their MCU counterparts like two times, they are very much usable in in-verse debates and scaling.

Avatar image for darkphantom9895
darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@heiqn: wog also says they are similar in power

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jurance

@ready_4_madness said:

@khalmar5831: Carol vs Thanos has been debated to death, if you genuinely think Thanos is stronger then there’s nothing I can do to change that. Thanos is a fan favourite whereas Carol is seemingly disliked by everyone which clouds people’s judgement.

Headbutt is not the same as a punch, show me Carol no-selling a punch from Thanos. Are you gonna address Thanos overpowering Carol's arm? Or are you even gonna address Carol needing help to restrain a weakened Thanos?

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jurance

@khalmar5831 said:

If she is much stronger than Thanos as you say, why did she need Warmachine and Hulkbuster armor to step in and help her restrain Thanos? Thanos is also very injured in this scene because he was so close to dying two days ago after using the gauntlet once more to destroy the stones.

Out of curiosity, are the people who were calling this guy delusional and saying that he was coping, are any of them gonna address this?

darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkphantom9895

@jurance: obviously they won’t address it because it proves them wrong

She was literally overpowered by thanos who’s the weakest he’s ever been and almost dead from the stones

Like it’s cope at this point

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: obviously they won’t address it because it proves them wrong

Finally, something we can agree on.

mielle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance:

Out of curiosity, are the people who were calling this guy delusional and saying that he was coping, are any of them gonna address this?

Sure, I know I will at some point. So until then, mind your business and leave it alone for now.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Straight-Fire

She was shown to be superior in the film. I'm not about to argue what we clearly see on screen. If you can't accept it then it's your problem. If you got it in your head that Thanos is stronger than Carol, then no amount of debating will change that.

To be frank with you it's a waste of time.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was shown to be superior in the film. I'm not about to argue what we clearly see on screen. If you can't accept it then it's your problem. If you got it in your head that Thanos is stronger than Carol, then no amount of debating will change that.

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:

@straight-fire said:

Read OP, he already debunked this.

In fact, you don't even need to read the whole OP, just read #15.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Agreed. Thanos got power cliffed hard. He isn’t that relevant anymore.

L&T Thor>Carol>Thanos. Him getting overpowered was extremely blatant and backed up via the descriptions.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

When will people realize that Thanos without stones is trash? He is just a glorified brick. He is slow enough that he gets dabbed on by street tiers, even hurt by them. He also has no counter to basic hax such as TK. He's the absolute lowest for a high tier. TBH I think Shang Chi with rings is beating down a stone less Thanos.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jurance

Lol all the people who disagree can't even debunk anything in OP.

#15, the evidence is right there see for it yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-64a6a0f766a79
deactivated-64a6a0f766a79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzvi said:

@nassergrant19: Why do you always bring Thor into eveything?

Why do you always hate on Thor in everything?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real copium is ignoring the obvious context in her “overpowering” (stalemating tbh) Thanos in their second encounter. No Avenger besides Wanda was close to stronger than Thanos in EG

Yea I’ve always been of the opinion that even if she’s stronger it’s not by much. Between overpowering her leg first time + two arms + flight vs one arm second time, they’re obviously meant to be really close.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

When will people realize that Thanos without stones is trash? He is just a glorified brick. He is slow enough that he gets dabbed on by street tiers, even hurt by them. He also has no counter to basic hax such as TK. He's the absolute lowest for a high tier. TBH I think Shang Chi with rings is beating down a stone less Thanos.

I‘d love to see those arguments tbh

Arexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

@supremegeneration said:

darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how everyone was laughing about that guy saying thanos is stronger

But nobody is willing to debunk or argue for carol and just says she’s stronger

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eredin12
@straight-fire said:

Eh, she showed that she is durable enough to no sell his headbutt, sure. But that is durability . When it comes to strength, I cannot recall her ever being shown as plainly superior. Even when he had gauntlet and was weakened as result, she used both of her arms and flight against his one arm when she pushed him back .

I am not biased against her or anything, I argued for her in numerous threads , but it is just that argument of her being much stronger never made sense to me based on their strength clashes through out the movie. I always thought that they are close to each other.

khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

khalmar5831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By khalmar5831

@darkphantom9895 said:

I like how everyone was laughing about that guy saying thanos is stronger

But nobody is willing to debunk or argue for carol and just says she’s stronger

@jurance said:

Lol all the people who disagree can't even debunk anything in OP.

#15, the evidence is right there see for it yourself.

It is very clear they can't.

Thanos is leagues ahead of high tiers in the MCU. The Hulk, Thor, and Carol have all been wrecked by him.