Posted by The_Magister (14269 posts) 3 months, 3 days ago

Poll: MCU: Captain America vs Black Panther - who is more intelligent? (42 votes)

Captain America 52%
Black Panther 48%
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by RBT (28507 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of them has displayed any academic intelligence to my knowledge, but Cap is a solid tactician. So, probably him.

#2 Posted by TonyMartial (9703 posts) - - Show Bio
@rbt said:

Neither of them has displayed any academic intelligence to my knowledge, but Cap is a solid tactician. So, probably him.

Pretty much this, T'Challas IW battle plan was terrible.

#3 Posted by Richubs (4723 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be T'Challa but it's actually Captain.

#4 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27745 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither have shown any amazing tactical ability, academic knowledge or special intellect that I recall off right now, but I want to say T'Challa.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#5 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#6 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, IW made Tchalla look like a complete and udder idiot of a tactician like his plan almost got everyone killed

Plus Tchalla relied on his sister for everything, shes basocally a plot device and serves as his intelligence

Neither have any academic feats

#7 Edited by ourmanuel (11900 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither have much intellect feats.

However, cap has better strategy/tactics feats, while T’challa should be somewhat more academically/scientifically intelligent via scaling to his sister.

also, being around his sister that long, he must’ve picked something up.

#8 Posted by Amcu (16900 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve in terms of tactics. I'd bet T'Challa is more scientifically advanced but he hasn't shown it yet.

#9 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27745 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4 the Shuri hate

#10 Posted by King-Ragnar (4152 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Black_Arrow (10279 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve.

#12 Edited by Stahlflamme (5810 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I can think of to base this of would be theor tactical knowledge and Cap takes a solid win there. T'Challa basically always went for a frontal assault without any strategy I can think of aside from stopping the suits from working using the train rails. Cap did show a series of covert op tactics over the movies and effectively directed the Avengers. I would not say those things are necessarily any proof of superior intelligence. I mean Tony is smarter than either by all accoubts, but his attack strategy is usually "attack".

#13 Posted by bump1010 (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is one thing the MCU dropped the ball on it was black panthers intelligence.

#14 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27745 posts) - - Show Bio

@king-ragnar: Funny I was actually just writing an essay on law rn...

#15 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4909 posts) - - Show Bio

Theoretically it should be T’Challa but he hasn’t really shown his intelligence.

Cap has shown to be better tacticalwise so by default Cap.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#16 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010 said:

If there is one thing the MCU dropped the ball on it was black panthers intelligence.

Seems they gave it all to his sister, and some.

#17 Posted by Voice_of_Death (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, sadly.

#18 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10993 posts) - - Show Bio

Capatian America is a better strategist and tactician but T’Challa is wiser and has greater critical thinking skills. But Steve as a whole has greater intellectual feats so I say he is more intelligent, unfortunately.

#19 Posted by King_Krown (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010 said:

#20 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2862 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, which is sad to say because on the comic universe tchalla is one of the most intelligent people of his planet

#21 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid. It is obviously T'Challa as he is royalty with access to the best teachers and surrounded by brilliant scientists. He has been molded since childhood to be a great and wise king. Sure it isn't explicitly shown but he even said that he designed his first panther suit. Why anyone would think that the MCU would just stray from source material and have him be so stupid that Steve is smarter than him is beyond me.

Bottomline is that anyone who voted for Cap is unknowledgeable. Who even thinks that some poor struggling guy from the 20's who till this day still can't utilise technology is smarter. Lmao EVEN IN THE ENDGAME TRAILER HE COULDN'T TELL A LIVE CAMERA FEED FROM A RECORDED MESSAGE

#22 Edited by The_Hajduk (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010 said:

Do you think it is too late to make him a genius? Like in the next movie if he was all the sudden developing science, would it be jarring?

#23 Posted by AlphaQ (6346 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve, weirdly enough.

#24 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4387 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve is actually really smart by real-life standards. He's quick-witted, observant, alert, and is a master tactician.

For some reason, T'Challa just seems average in contrary to his comic counterpart.

#25 Posted by Mekboy (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is an imbecile, BP wins by default.

#26 Posted by Chronicplane (9183 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve is actually really smart by real-life standards. He's quick-witted, observant, alert, and is a master tactician.

For some reason, T'Challa just seems average in contrary to his comic counterpart.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#27 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee said:

This is stupid. It is obviously T'Challa as he is royalty with access to the best teachers and surrounded by brilliant scientists. He has been molded since childhood to be a great and wise king. Sure it isn't explicitly shown but he even said that he designed his first panther suit. Why anyone would think that the MCU would just stray from source material and have him be so stupid that Steve is smarter than him is beyond me.

Bottomline is that anyone who voted for Cap is unknowledgeable. Who even thinks that some poor struggling guy from the 20's who till this day still can't utilise technology is smarter. Lmao EVEN IN THE ENDGAME TRAILER HE COULDN'T TELL A LIVE CAMERA FEED FROM A RECORDED MESSAGE

I have met people with PHDs that aren't half as smart as people make them out to be, and definitely dumber than some without any such degree, so surrounding yourself with talent and going to school under great teachers... Doesn't prove your intelligence, just your education. Also, making the first panther suit of his, but it wasn't the first one ever, so he probably just gave it a redesign with some modern twists, it isn't necessarily some big intelligent thing.

Furthermore, this is all based on assumptions we don't know in the MCU atm. All we know is what we have seen in the comic-tie ins, and the live action.

Of which, this goes to Steve with.

#28 Posted by bump1010 (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010 said:

Do you think it is too late to make him a genius? Like in the next movie if he was all the sudden developing science, would it be jarring?

It wouldn't be jarring for me because I am familiar with black panther from the comics.