• 53 results
#1 Edited by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Barbara "Bobbi" Morse was one of the most capable S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Despite the heavy casualties S.H.I.E.L.D. took during HYDRA's attack on it, she stayed loyal to her oath and continued her service in the remains of S.H.I.E.L.D. under Robert Gonzales. However, as another faction of S.H.I.E.L.D. led by Phil Coulson emerged, she was sent to infiltrate it. Assigned by Coulson, she spent some time on an undercover mission in HYDRA Laboratories posing as the Chief of Security under Sunil Bakshi but eventually broke her cover to save another undercover agent, Jemma Simmons. After rejoining Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. she continued with her original mission. Loyal only to Gonzales, she recommended the attack on Coulson's base, which marked the beginning of the open warbetween the two S.H.I.E.L.D.s. However, when the two factions managed to put aside their differences to work together against HYDRA, she accepted the position in the council of advisors under Coulson as director of the reunified organization. When S.H.I.E.L.D. had to face the Inhumans, Morse was kidnappedand tortured by the rogue agents Kara Palamas and Grant Ward. She was eventually saved by her ex-husband Lance Hunter.

She worked at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s lab while she was recovering from her injuries, but returned to field duty once healed. During a mission in Russia, she and Hunter had to resign from S.H.I.E.L.D. in order to keep the existence of the agency secret.

We'll look at the following categories

• Skill
  • Strength
  • Durability
  • Speed/Reflex
  • Equipment

Skill

Beats someone using a napkin

Humiliates 4 mercenaries in 5 seconds

Staffers Vin-Tak and keeps him on the defensive

Stalls Vin-Tak (1)

Stalls Vin-Tak (2)

• Note: Bobbi's also able to break out of his hold, this could be considered considered impressive strength feat

Fights evenly with Melinda May

• Note: May's out for blood in this scene yet, Bobbi is holding back and is only trying trying receive Fury's toolbox

Takes down a Military Assassin (who was remarkable enough to be put on the Index) in seconds

Stomps Agent 33

Holds off Ward and then later Agent 33 at the same time

• Note: Bobbi was captured, tortured, and drugged for hours by Ward and Kara

Beats May at her own game

Fights the extremely skilled Inhuman, Giyera on even terms

Strength

Durability

Morse is quite tankish, she's at mitigating pain, and as such has great pain tolerance.

Takes getting punched and ragdolled from a Kree

Withstands getting tortured, in episodes 2x21 and 2x22. So much so, that she's able to hold her own against two of HYDRA's best agents unatmed.

Tanks a roundhouse kick to the face

Speed/Reflex

Equipment

Bobbi's weapons of choice are pair of battle staves that she can magnetically recall back to her.

Electrocution - Her Staves deliver an electrical shock from one end to stun or kill the target.

Stuns Kree Sentry Mack

Packs enough voltage to kill a man in a pool with visible arcing

Lasers - At least one stave is equipped with a laser, which Morse used to cut through the Toolbox's container, (2)

Firearms -Through her training with S.H.I.E.L.D., Morse has become an accomplished sharpshooter, favoring the use of heavy caliber handguns. Morse walked into a hostile situation on the Iliad and killed multiple HYDRA operatives with one shot each

Compilation of Bobbi's fight scenes

#2 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Good work!

#4 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: No problem. Glad to see the videos I made were put into good use.

#6 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45: Oh wow you made those? Can I just say thank you for that. Those have saved me from boredom countless times and luckily they proved to be very useful in this thread.

#7 Edited by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: No problem. I made that one and the Grant Ward one a while back since not that many people on CV really watched AoS. There were fight comp videos for May already so I decided to work on those two.

#8 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Paytience (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. one of the gifs is called lost cav.

These are dope. The ward videos especially. I've been watching these vids come up on youtube man. Didn't they were you. I've used them. Would of credited.

I'm doing technical breakdowns for some of the aos fights. I'll be back to this.

I'll link her breakdown of bakshi after here 8 word interrogation as a feat.

#10 Posted by nfactor1995 (12877 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Yeah I'm 3haterz. Also made most of the videos for the Daredevil and Iron Fist respect threads I posted.

#12 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: tag me in the technical breakdowns please

#14 Posted by rogueshadow (29254 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. People be sleeping on this.

#16 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I really miss Bobbi.

#17 Posted by Druzzie (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey! That's COmmander Grayson!

#18 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#19 Posted by Kevd4wg (12743 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Shut up, they're agents not Ninjas, they can't be skilled

OT: This is really nice, Bobbi is a beast

#20 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: lmao

OT: How come I never commented on this?

Bobbi's ridiculously good. Great job Jax.

#21 Edited by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: @kevd4wg: Thanks. I think it's really interesting that Bobbi is easily the least exposed agent with the least amount of showings but it's clear (at least to me) that she's the best out of all of them.

It's a case showing that quality does beat quantity.

#22 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax:

Agreed, characters with limited screentime can still be established as top notch, and many of Bobbi's limited showings are handpicked to make her look like a beast, at least in h2h (fighting Ward/Kara after torture, the physically strongest superhuman opponent of the agents, stalemating or outperforming May, handling Giyera even easier).

Mockingbird is actually a really good fighter in the comics, going toe to toe with 616 Captain Rogers and stuff, so it makes sense. I feel like they saved a lot of her skillset for Most Wanted, like say her collapsible staff.

It's also worth noting that based on Mays fight with Giyera, he had a physical edge while she had a skill edge. Based on their melee exchange with Bobbi, she had both advantages. I find that particularly impressive.

#23 Posted by JSDoctor (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent respect thread for an excellent character with some extraordinary showings. I'd really love to see Bobbi again at some point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c
#24 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

So how would you compare her to Daredevil, after his amp in Defenders?

#25 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen: I rank Bobbi, May and Daisy above both Danny and Matt at this point.

They're admittedly on similar playing fields, but the agents are portrayed to consistently operate on a higher level than they do. Facing off against superior opponents and holding their own, sometimes even beating them outright. I believe Bobbi to be the best overall fighter thanks to her mix of skill and physicals but I believe May outclasses her in raw skill. I may even go as far to say that May is the most skilled MCU character on a technical level alone.

#26 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: What would you say her best fight is, and how does it compare to Matt vs Black Sky amped Elektra?

#27 Posted by Kevd4wg (12743 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Yeah I think Bobbi is the best agent too. I don't think she's quite as skilled as May, but she's not far behind and her physicals are much better, which makes her overall more useful/better in combat situations.

#28 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen said:

@angeljax: What would you say her best fight is, and how does it compare to Matt vs Black Sky amped Elektra?

Bobbi's best feats are her showings against Vin-Tak. A Kree who beat the Asgardain Lady Sif in combat

In their first encounter, Bobbi trips him up through sheer skill alone and managed to land a solid kick which ragdolled him

No Caption Provided

I can't stress the fact enough is that that was able to contend with Lady Sif herself. Someone comparable to the likes of Loki and Valkyrie.

No Caption Provided
Brief clips of their skirmish
Brief clips of their skirmish

Black Sky's best skill feat is her killing 10 ninjas in the dark in about 8 seconds or so. It's impressive, but it's honestly a bit ambiguous since it happens in the dark and we aren't exactly sure how much skill actually factored. For all we know her stats could've aided her, making the feat less impressive than it is from a skill perspective.

Bobbi and Vin-Tak's second encounter is much more impressive

Puts up and maintains an excellent defense, then proceeds to go blow-for-blow until she lands a solid hit to his face which causes him to visibly grimace in pain
Puts up and maintains an excellent defense, then proceeds to go blow-for-blow until she lands a solid hit to his face which causes him to visibly grimace in pain
Continues to fight him until he gets her into a hold that she immediately reverses so that Fitz could blast him with the Destroyer Gun. Getting him right where she wanted him and controlling the entire battle.
Continues to fight him until he gets her into a hold that she immediately reverses so that Fitz could blast him with the Destroyer Gun. Getting him right where she wanted him and controlling the entire battle.

So while Matt performed admirably against Black Sky, Bobbi performed just as well (or arguably better) against a similar opponent previously established on a higher tier of skill and physicals. Bobbi is a total beast.

#29 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: So Bobbi managed to perform extraordinarily well against a legit Asgardian level threat? No amp, no context, nothing of the sort?

#30 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen:

She's just that good. And it's not inconsistent, Black Widow's fight with Proxima Midnight, who also appears to be an Asgardian level threat based on her fight with the Scarlet Witch, is pretty similar.

Seems like the agents are just that well trained.

#31 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen: Pretty much yeah. It's worth nothing that Vin-Tak was beaten by an alien weapon but it doesn't really discredit what Bobbi already accomplished. Hell, she could've kept the match going if she wanted to, she just didn't need to.

#32 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: That would place her above both Matt and Danny in terms of hand to hand technical ability.

Obviously guys like Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes are better fighters, but that's purely due to their physical advantage I would say.

But that fight is probably the best showing I can recall from a unenhanced person. I thought that it was Matt vs Black Sky amped Elektra, but if that dude is legit Asgardian level, it blows Matt's fight out of the water. That's so insane to me.

#33 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen: It gets really wild when you consider that Daisy Johnson and Melinda May have also fought opponents who's stats rivaled Super Soldiers.

If you haven't watched AoS, I really recommend you do. It's a great show. I like it more than everything MCU Netflix has bar Jessica Jones, where they're relatively even to me.

#34 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Is it a part of Marvel Netflix? I've watched all those shows.

#35 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen: No, it's not a show made by Netflix like DD, JJ, IF, Defenders and Punisher are but they are all apart of the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe and AoS is on Netflix so you should be able to watch it.

#36 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: I'll give a look into it when I get home later.

#37 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen: Get past the somewhat slow first half of season 1, and it becomes the best MCU show by far

#38 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: That's a high standard given how phenomenal Jessica Jones and Punisher have been. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

#39 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by BladeOfFury (2937 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Wait, AoS is on Netflix? Nice respect thread btw

#42 Posted by AngelJax (11650 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: AoS is also on Netflix like 'Jax noted earlier in this thread. Pretty sure that's what BladeOfFury was replying about.

#45 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by deactivated-5b5ce9a682c9c (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: I'm about 15 episodes into S1, and it's better than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't say it's better than Daredevil or Jessica Jones.

#47 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@kungen: Lol you haven't seen anything yet ;)

#48 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio

Bobbi is an amazing fighter, going through all her fight scenes in the show right now. Still very bummed that they canceled Most Wanted, I feel like they kept a lot of things regarding her as both a character (little more backstory and depth, her history within SHIELD) and a combatant (the reason why she's titled code-named Mockingbird, her iconic staff from the comics) for that.

#49 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26887 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: @angeljax: Some stuff I noticed: looks like the fight with Scarlotti's mercenaries was against the trio of them that was always following around Marcus and doing field work. They somehow kept coming back after Bobbi knocked them out, every fkn time for about a minute that the battle lasted. That said, one of them was challenging Hunter 1 on 1 and landed clean hits on him, while Bobbi was going through them like nothing for a while, still much more imrpessive than most fights against groups of people I've seen. Actually reminds me of May's fight against a couple of Ward's New HYDRA guys.

But anyway, I feel like a couple of Bobbi's other fights do not get enough credit;

No Caption Provided

Bobbi and Hunter were surrounded by 4 guards. That facility was tasked with guarding inhumans and was under the leadership of both Malick and a government official of Russia. These guys are practically the best Russia has to offer, and Bobbi takes out 3 of them while Hunter is fighting a single one, then takes down this 1 as well. She then throws her batons at the guy who gets up and tries to run away.

No Caption Provided

We all know how good HYDRA soldiers are, and Bobbi has probably taken on more of them than any other agent we've seen in strict melee. That's precisely 13 agents fully armed and armored right there. Mack prefered to do it "as covertly as possible", implying just how dangerous the situation was, and Bobbi went in with no second thoughts at all, leaving the others to question wether or not they were supposed to wait there or move on.

No Caption Provided

As I said before, I think her fight with Giyera shows how she compares to May. She doesn't outskill him quite as badly as May, even though she manages to clearly outperform him in a very similar manner, but opposed to May she downright proves she's his physical superior. She borderline no sells a direct kick in the face and forces him back a handful of yards with only one of hers.

#50 Posted by The_Magister (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Solid finds. Bobbi is just insane, skill-wise.