• 53 results
Posted by modernww2fare (7226 posts) 1 month, 1 day ago

Poll: MCU Avengers or DCAU Justice League (52 votes)

Avengers 40%
Justice League 60%

Which super hero team do you like more?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12946 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League ez

#2 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

League no contest

Even with DC being trash they were undeniably well written and had great stories from JL to JLU

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#3 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4441 posts) - - Show Bio

League no contest

Even with DC being trash they were undeniably well written and had great stories from JL to JLU

LMAO

#5 Edited by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@georgewbush said:

Even with DC being trash

What the hell are you talking about?

#6 Posted by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways... This scene alone is > the entirety of the MCU:

Loading Video...

#7 Posted by incursion2 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Both

#8 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3159 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by TobyMaguire (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I will never forgive Justice League cartoon for what they did to Wonder Woman and her universe so Avengers. I like all other Justice League characters including Batman

#10 Posted by Darkthunder (3225 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#11 Posted by Magian (152117 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League for me.

#12 Posted by stumerica (246 posts) - - Show Bio

JL has better writing and team chemistry behind them, but they suffered from massive Bat-worship from the writers. So Avengers

#13 Posted by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Wonder Woman and the Amazons don't have a consistent mythology even within the comics so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

#14 Posted by Doom_Phd (1595 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumerica: Bat worship? Each character shined in that universe

#15 Posted by stumerica (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@doom_phd: True, but let's be honest: there was clear favoritism for one of the characters

#16 Posted by Doom_Phd (1595 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumerica: yes I can’t deny Batman was a favorite, however I wouldn’t say it’s that bat to the point he overshadowed everyone else.

#17 Posted by stumerica (246 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Doom_Phd (1595 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumerica: I mean the whole reason Stewart is one of the most loved JL or most loved is because of DCAU, along with Wally West.

I can see the Batfactor going on but I also remember the main cast constantly calling him out or making fun of the brooding.

#19 Posted by nightgate (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that wishes they’d just made LA Justice League movies based on the DCAU?

#20 Posted by cattlebattle (17776 posts) - - Show Bio

Oddly, for me, DCAU made me like DC characters. Where the MCU made me dislike Marvel characters. lol.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#21 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2724 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU

#22 Posted by Eobard21 (6398 posts) - - Show Bio

Both

#23 Edited by TobyMaguire (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Wonder Woman and the Amazons don't have a consistent mythology even within the comics so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

That is because people always try to keep on changing WW mythos and character like the show did. Anyway at the time she had consistency. All they had to adopt post crisis Wonder Woman

#24 Posted by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Pretty sure that even pre-post crisis WW wasn't completely consistent but either way, does that really take away from the writing quality of DCAU's alternate version?

#25 Posted by BruceRogers (17617 posts) - - Show Bio

Why though.

#26 Posted by uugieboogie (13401 posts) - - Show Bio

Ask me again in month or two. Still too soon.

#27 Posted by the_stegman (40320 posts) - - Show Bio

JL.

Green Arrow solos

Question solos

Flash solos

Batman Bat-solos

#28 Edited by TobyMaguire (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly said:

@tobymaguire: Pretty sure that even pre-post crisis WW wasn't completely consistent but either way, does that really take away from the writing quality of DCAU's alternate version?

Did you find any difference character of WW in Justice League cartoon and WW in the 2017 movie or the Tv show. She is suppose to be the pinnacle of love, compassion and mercy which was absent in the cartoon.

What they did to Giganta and Cheetah? Giganta is created by Grodd and gas nothing to do with Wonder Woman.Same for her iconic villain cheetah who is nothing more than actual Catwoman due to science experiment.Again Nothing to do with Wonder Woman

Then there is stupid episodes

Diana getting banished Themyscira for protecting Amazons and the World,

Hawkgirl,a spy helping to colonies earth trying to teach importance of Men life's are important to WW

No character arc compared to rest of Justice League,

Steve Trevor sidelined for Bat Wondy ship

Hades as her father, etc

#29 Edited by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Did you find any difference character of WW in Justice League cartoon and WW in the 2017 movie or the Tv show. She is suppose to be the pinnacle of love, compassion and mercy which was absent in the cartoon. What they did to Giganta and Cheetah? Giganta is created by Grodd and gas nothing to do with Wonder Woman.Same for her iconic villain cheetah who is nothing more than actual Catwoman

When I view an incarnation of a character I honestly don't compare them to other incarnations outside of whether or not their motivations make sense and how good the writing behind them is.

Example: DCAU Batman and Christian Bale's Batman. They're two completely different types of characters but I find both to be well written.

Then there is stupid episodes Diana getting banished Themyscira for protecting Amazons and the World,

Within the continuity of the show, this is because the "no men" rule was divine law, something that was addressed later in the show: https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/The_Balance

Hawkgirl, a spy helping to colonies earth trying to teach importance of Men.

What's the problem with Hawkgirl being the spy of an alien race? I thought that character arc was done extremely well myself.

No character arc compared to rest of Justice League, Steve Trevor sidelined for Bat Wondy ship etc

Sorry, but are you saying the other characters didn't have comparable character arcs or that Diana and Hawkgirl didn't? Either way, I'd be interested in hearing why you think so.

#30 Posted by TobyMaguire (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: I said WW don't have a character arc. Hawkgirl has great character arc.It seemed you don't care that much about WW. Christian Bale Batman and Justice League Batman are kind of same. It's just Justice League is more experienced and has more plot armour

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#31 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4631 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are exceptional, and I really love both.

I can’t pick, It’s a tie for me.

#32 Edited by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: I said WW don't have a character arc. It seemed you don't care that much about WW.

She does, it's adjusting to the world of man and learning control and restraint. It's not as focused on as the others but it's done well despite that. I care about WW a great deal.

Christian Bale Batman and Justice League Batman are kind of same.

In some ways, in others they are very different. The main issues they struggled with are not the same at all. Bale's Batman struggles with the idea that his actions do more harm to Gotham then good while DCAU Batman's struggle is to overcome his issues with trusting other individuals and allowing them to take on burdens that he couldn't alone. This is shown in his interactions with the Justice League and later in his interactions with Terry in Batman Beyond. It's something he has to overcome as a result of Tim Drake's brainwashing and torture at the hands of Joker. I.E. I can see why you'd say Bale's Batman and DCAU Batman share some similarities ( mostly in terms of personality ) but their core struggles are miles apart.

#33 Posted by TobyMaguire (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: Lol, you just proved you don't fundamentally understand the character and theme of Wonder Woman and Amazons just like showrunners of JL

Yes Every other character and their universe was done beautifully and that what make Wonder Woman stick out like sore theme.

Batman theme, characters and Symbolism are still consistent, just story arc is different

#34 Posted by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by TobyMaguire (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: I'm sorry you feel that way.

Please read at least beginning of golden age Wonder Woman comics or post crisis Wonder Woman by George Perez. Maybe you will understand the character and theme of Wonder Woman. She is the most influential female comic book superhero for a reason.

#36 Posted by Michaelbn (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

JL was my childhood.

#37 Edited by MorbusGrav (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly said:

@killbilly said:

I have not as much beef with DCAU Wonder Woman as many Wonder Woman fans, but there are a lot of good reasons why the fandom more often than not dislikes that version of Wonder Woman, not just because Wonder Woman was not upgraded unlike Superman after the fan complaints about the weak portrayal.

#38 Edited by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire said:
@killbilly said:

Please read at least beginning of golden age Wonder Woman comics or post crisis Wonder Woman by George Perez. Maybe you will understand the character and theme of Wonder Woman. She is the most influential female comic book superhero for a reason.

Again, the things that make one incarnation of a character good need not necessarily apply to others imo. I can appreciate your opinion though.

@morbusgrav said:

I have not as much beef with DCAU Wonder Woman as many Wonder Woman fans, but there are a lot of good reasons why the fandom more often than not dislikes that version of Wonder Woman, not just because Wonder Woman was not upgraded unlike Superman after the fan complaints about the weak portrayal.

I'd be interested in hearing them honestly. The only complaint I've heard elaborated on has been about deviation from the comics version.

#39 Posted by PowerCosmic_ (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West solos.

#40 Posted by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by PowerCosmic_ (66 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by modernww2fare (7226 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by BruceRogers (17617 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Because it makes little sense to compare live action characters with those from animation? Different mediums means different kinds of feats, consistency etc.

#44 Posted by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Because it makes little sense to compare live action characters with those from animation? Different mediums means different kinds of feats, consistency etc.

Nobody's comparing combative capabilities and even if we were the DCAU doesn't have "toon force" so there would be no issue comparing their respective capabilities.

#45 Posted by BruceRogers (17617 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: I assumed that was what you were going for when you declared the medium's were incomparable. If not, there's absolutely no reason for you to think that you couldn't compare them.

#47 Posted by BruceRogers (17617 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: The animated medium does allow far more leeway with feats than live action though. To that end, they will almost always end up looking better. Even mid street characters, like Huntress, can perform feats way beyond the scope of most LA street levellers.

I mean, its not like the Avengers do not have an animated medium to their name.

#48 Edited by Wolfrazer (16391 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Like Huntress one shotting like 6 guys with one blow.

#49 Edited by KillBilly (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Not seeing how that prevents the mediums from being compared.

#50 Posted by BruceRogers (17617 posts) - - Show Bio