AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • The Avengers have to escape the Kyln, then go against Ronan with the Power Stone.
  • The Guardians have to keep the Helicarrier airborne, and then save New York from the Chituari.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• The Avengers have to prevent the Abilisk from getting the Sovereign's batteries, (Vision, Wanda and Pietro join) then fight Ego.
  • The Guardains have to invade Strucker's base and retrive the scepter, (Nebula, Yondu, and Mantis join/Baby Groot is replaced by Adult Groot) then fight Ultron and his bots.

Who fails, who suceeds?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

With Hulk and Thor they probably escape the kiln and Thor could take the power of the power stone himself once they manage to get it off Ronan. Assuming they figure out how to take it from him.

Guardians fail at keeping the Helicarrier airborne and don't see how they'd stop the Chitauri.

Avengers stop Abilisk and maybe stop Ego but they might not figure out how to kill him without having his plan revealed like he revealed it to Peter they can't find any way to kill him.

Yondu solos Strucker's base and then none of them mess about with the spear therefore no Ultron. Should they fight Ultron bots they can kill them but if the floating city is involved they can't take it down unless Rocket comes up with some serious prep

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians fail epically in new York and against ultron

avengers succeed in defeating Ronan, if they find egos heart they slaughter

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: The Avengers easily take out Ronan, assuming they had help from the Nova Corps and the Ravagers, as the Guardians did. If it came to a matter of holding the stone, Thor or Hulk could probably do it on their own, and if not, they could certainly do it together. As for the Guardians, it would all depend on the gear Rocket has in his arsenal; if he had anything like the bomb he had in Vol. 2, then the Guardians win.

Round 2: The Avengers beat the monster within seconds, and stand a fair chance of taking out Ego. If nothing else Vision could phase into his brain and blow it up from the inside. However, I don't really see how the Guardians can win; they definitely beat the HYDRA base, but I don't see how they beat Ultron's army.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: @mrmonster: Why do you say Thor could hold the Power Stone? Star-Lord was only able to hold it because of his celestial heritage.

Thor or Hulk would die instantly.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@angeljax: I think basically any powerful being can wield an infinity stone Ronan wielded it and he was just a Kree granted a powerful Kree, Malekith wielded the Aether. I think you just have to be a powerful person to wield an infinity stone something which Thor is it's like saying Odin couldn't wield it you don't just have to be celestial to hold it. Thor could even put it in Mjolnir like Ronan did with his hammer.

They wouldn't die instantly it's not like the only way to wield the power stone is be a celestial, you just have to be quite powerful

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: Clearly wielding a stone is a matter of how powerful you are. That's why Ronan was able to wield it by himself.

Peter would have died if he held it alone, but with the power of his entire team with him, he was able to hold it. Thor and Hulk both have as much power as the entire team did at the time, and even if they couldn't hold it, they still have Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye to bear a little bit of the energy. If the Guardians can hold it, so can the Avengers.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sinikettu

The way the helicarrier was going down in the Avengers... If it's just the matter of getting the engines running, Rocket could've done the whole thing just by himself.

Saving NY from Chitauri would be 'a Tuesday' for the GOTG.

Avengers couldn't have escaped the Kyln. None of them knows how to fly a spaceship and they would have no idea about the nature of the Power stone because there would be no Collector telling them how to control it (Knowhere was Gamora's secret plan). Ronan would destroy the Avengers since something like Hulk or Thor is clearly enough of a threat to make Ronan kill them right off with the power stone instead of 'HAMming it' for all his worth the way he did with the GOTG.

Abilisk is probably fairly easy for someone like Vision to deal with with his intangibility. Not sure if they can beat Ego because he'd have no reason to let them get anywhere near him or even to his planet.

Invading Strucker's base would be a cakewalk for the Guardians. Ultron could be trickier but I don't think he'd be unbeatable for them.

MrClarky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: How would the Guardians take down Ultrons final form or erase him completely from the internet and all other computer networks across the world? You cant just make random claims then not back them up I seriously struggle to see how they take Ultron. To your other points, I think Tony Stark could figure out the spaceship if not whats to stop Thor just flying away with the spaceship carrying everyone on board. Also plot is plot you I think for these scenarios you have to assume the collector gives them knowledge and Ronan acts in the same character for the Avengers as he did for the Guardians.

jao48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jao48

To imagine this switch we would have to put the characters in the same situations. The Avengers, in the Kyln, would be completely unarmed. That would mean no armor to Tony or gear to Cap, Widow and Hawkeye. I can see them finding a way to neutralize Banner's Gamma rays, but they definetly couldn't destroy Mjolnir. It's most likely that the nova would lock the hammer in some well guarded place for studies. In that situation, Thor alone could bring it to him and escape the prision with brute force. If we assume they know about the Orb and have the Ravagers help, they could defeat Ronan.

Guardians could keep the Helicarrier in air with some Rocket tech, specially if you remember they won't have to deal with Hulk or Hawkeye. Considering they would have standart gear (wich includes Milano and all their gear) they could destroy the Chitauri. I'm not sure what they'd do about the nuclear missle, but Rocket could find a way.

The abilisk is a pretty easy task for the Avengers. I can't see any of them stealing one of the batteries like Rocket did. Maybe Tony. But if the sovereing go after them, they die (none of them can pilot like Quill or Rocket, assuming that they would have a spaceship to scape) I don't think they would find out how to kill Ego in time, but with this knolegde they would crack his brain via Vision or Thor. But again, I think it would be much harder without Quill distracting Ego, Mantis putting him to sleep (can't say if she would join the avengers, even if we are counting with her help it's still hard for them) or baby Groot using the batteries. Overall, the Avengers lose.

Guardians could easily break Strucker's base. And they wouldn't mess with the scepter, so no Ultron. But if he still is born, he couldn't leave the Avengers tower with the scepter, Rocket or Quill would follow and destroy him. Even if they don't, Ultron couldn't take the Vibranium in South Africa, once Guardians wouldn't have to worry about Hulk, again. And even if he leaves with the vibranium, Guardians could just blow up Ultron's truck in Seoul. And if Ultron still manages to make his sokovia machine, Rocket would revert the antigravitational devices before it leaves the ground. You should also remember they would have Vision anyway if they recover the Cradle. But I think they could erase Ultron with the mind stone, even without Vision.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor or hulk hold the power stone probably. Cap could maybe even catch it in his shield.

Guardians could repair the helicarrier. Rocket would figure it out.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Avengers pretty easily clear both rounds, Ronan was an idiot and Ego was the least formidable planet in the history of planets. They had power, but very lackluster application of that power.

The Guardians have a small chance at clearing the Battle of New York, but I kinda doubt it. They get soloed by Ultron in the Battle of Sokovia.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Yondu doing most of the work wrecking the Chitauri.

Rocket might be able to fix the Helicarrier but he wouldn't have the right tools in the scenario stark was in.

Yondu solos Strucker's base. Rocket most likely keeps the spear as a trinket and maybe keeps it as his new favorite gun.

Again Yondu could beat most of the Ultron drones by himself and maybe they can use the giant plasma blaster they were using to penetrate Ego's core to melt Ultron.

Avengers escape the Klyn pretty easily

Not sure how durable the Abalisk was in terms of physical attacks. It seemed pretty durable against energy attacks. Unless Hulk has the strength to punch it to death don't see them clearing

They get wrecked by Ego no discussion there

They can't beat ronan with the gem either they don't have Star Lord's dance skills to distract him. :p