Marvels relaunch is politically correct trash

• 66 results
Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Marvels relaunch is politically correct trash (142 votes)

Yes 60%
No 32%
Yes but i still like it 8%

They pretty much have a black/female replacement or version of everybody. Even star lord and hawkeye. And to make matters worse if you disagree they call you a racist/sexist bigot.

• 
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's already been 2 Hawkeyes. Spider-Man was already there years before. Star-Lord is probably Kitty Pryde. No one calls you a racist or a sexist bigot over a change in a comic book

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Dont care, give inhumans and x-men and i be quitted unless they suck.

The_Dark_Void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Vine really should have a sage button.

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are simply adjusting to the overly PC world they are doing business in. Headlines like "No Black Superheroes!" and "Where's the Diversity, Marvel?" would be pretty terrible for business, and in today's world, something like having all your popular characters be white would be attacked by the media and PC police. Plus, it gives them an opportunity to reach a new market, because according to the 'anti-racists/sexists', you can only like a character that's the same race and gender as you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

There's already been 2 Hawkeyes. Spider-Man was already there years before. Star-Lord is probably Kitty Pryde. No one calls you a racist or a sexist bigot over a change in a comic book

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentry4: I agree with you I just think instead of changing characters that are already established they should just create original characters that arent white males

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sentry4

@panthersrock: I agree. I was just pointing out the 'logic' behind Marvel's moves.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont care. This is why i prefer manga.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By midnightdragon18

Agreed

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it has more to do with them not wanting to have sjw journalists hassling them(and the bad pr that may result from it) while they are trying to make $1B+ off mcu movies for the next 10+ years than any real desire by readers or the public for these characters. The comics are now small beans compared to the movies from Marvel's pov imo. Much how Martin Goodman and many other owners of Marvel viewed the comics over the decades. They were a much smaller part of the overall company and treated as such.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PanthersRock
VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC trash.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm so sick of people bringing this subject up. Thor has a vagina now. Spider-Man is black (and better) open your mind. Give it a chance, read the books before you sound off like Geraldo Rivera.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as good ol spidey is there, its aright

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

There's no problem with a black or a female character. But I just hate it when they make a copy of another character. Marvel, why not make an original black character or a female character instead of a copy? There are great black characters like Black Panther or Luke Cage but unlike some, they're not a copy of something.

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm black by race and i see a problem with making white versions of every major established characters.Some characters actually fit as blacks while some don't eg spiderman (miles morale) fits but a someone like star lord and black bolt is really odd or worst case scenerio a black human torch (FF 2015 movie).I feel like rather than making black versions,they should create original characters and focus on publicizing these characters very well so that they become as famous as black panther,blade and luke cage,it won't be instant and will take some time but its worth it but probably they have considered this idea and feel it won't work out so they are deciding to use them as alternate versions of these established guys,I can't blame them though,when a lot of these characters were created back in the 70's and 80's,there was a lot of racial tension its an amazing feat that black panther was able to make it as one of marvels most prominent character considering the time he was created.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@kairan1979: At least the didn't turn Steve Rogers black ala Wally West.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#19 frozen  Moderator

@spambot said:

I think it has more to do with them not wanting to have sjw journalists hassling them(and the bad pr that may result from it) while they are trying to make $1B+ off mcu movies for the next 10+ years than any real desire by readers or the public for these characters. The comics are now small beans compared to the movies from Marvel's pov imo. Much how Martin Goodman and many other owners of Marvel viewed the comics over the decades. They were a much smaller part of the overall company and treated as such.

GamerGate has proven that SJW journalists will do anything in their power to push their garbage agenda. Online media has to decline for the nature of PR to change.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: Why bring up 6 months old topic? You don't like the changes? Fine don't read it then. It's that simple.

Though I do agree that rehashing established characters to be more racially diverse instead of inventing new contemporary characters feels lazy.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's an idea for a black character, though I admit it's still a rip-off. Basically you do a black version of the Punisher... figure he's an ex-spec ops guy, living in the south, and his family get's killed by the KKK.. so he goes on a rampage against white supremacists. It would be a great forum to present racial issues, from the discrimination that black people randomly face, to the fact that black people can be every bit as racist as anyone else. If you want a character of color but want it to be relevant... that's not a bad way to go. But then I suppose that wouldn't be very PC... so... I guess it wouldn't fly.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Overmonitor

Why doesnt manga get shit for sexism/racism/perversion in almost every series?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No.

phumgano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have less white males. What nightmare. However will the world go on!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't like them (or even DC for this matter) placing another character, male or female, black/white whatever in "X" characters gig....i.e. Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man. I perfer they just make new characters. I guess this is what happens when the creativity meter is runnning on E tho :-|

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Political correct-ness" is nowadays used as a pejorative as an excuse for racist/bigotry tendencies to be expressed in a passive aggressive manner.

I mean, is everything done just for the sake of political correctness? What is wrong with diversity?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I just don't like them (or even DC for this matter) placing another character, male or female, black/white whatever in "X" characters gig....i.e. Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man. I perfer they just make new characters. I guess this is what happens when the creativity meter is runnning on E tho :-|

This

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All New "insert character name" titles for everyone!

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then don't read if you don't like it.. they are organically making their roster more diverse and there isn't anything wrong with that.. Heck most of marvel's best characters right now are the new ones ie miles and kamala....

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been saying it for a while now. Its the reason why I stopped reading marvel.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:

Yet their stories have been way more consistent than dc for a while now and even in the post secret wars. They have been organically changing and bringing up new characters to have a more well rounded roster. Something dc can't seem to do without just changing the color of someone... I do believe the stories in dc will become more consistent under rebirth and am genuinely excited for it, but these types of threads are ridiculous...

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

@kgb725 said:

Not so. When people point out that it is silly to make Iceman gay after 50 plus years of heterosexuality and several long term romantic relationships, some resort to labeling and name calling.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mazahs117 said:

This

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I don't have problems it they are interesting characters with interesting stories.If not then I will have problem,unless the original version comes back.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:
@Manchine said:

Yet their stories have been way more consistent than dc for a while now and even in the post secret wars. They have been organically changing and bringing up new characters to have a more well rounded roster. Something dc can't seem to do without just changing the color of someone... I do believe the stories in dc will become more consistent under rebirth and am genuinely excited for it, but these types of threads are ridiculous...

I hope not because we don't need that horribleness over on DC side. Bringing in some new characters is fine but out right changing characters no, IE Spiderman, Ms Marvel, Iceman, Thor etc.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine: we? You own dc? Btw look at Helen berteneli and wally west and promotion of cyborg to the justice league and him getting his own book as exact ways not to handle diversity.

Marvel created characters and made people care about the characters and what do you know? People started buying the books. Everything was handled through story.

I however do agree with the iceman thing as that was dc way of handling ie just changing the color of a beloved character or in this case a sexual preference.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waaah! There aren't enough white people!

Waaah! Too many gays and well written women!

Waaah! I want more tough guy punch punch pew pew and BEWBS!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rubear
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

You do get that the female Hawkeye was introduced over a decade ago right? Because the male Hawkeye had been killed off due to low popularity.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420: they have a black punisher. He was of a different earth and was last seen in contest of champions @mazahs117: @theexile285: @petey_is_spidey: its creativity that made the characters. Cap steve was getting stale and so instead of doing what's been done they gave the mantle to sam. It gave both characters something new and refreshing and falcon will be elevated because of this. Cap steve is already back to being young and had his book coming out in may. Thor was done through story too and now we get to have two thor's and that book has been amazing. Kamala Kahn's fits the ms marvel persona perfectly and gave carol a much better title because all whole creating a character that is genuially loved. Miles really needs no explanation.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@Manchine: we? You own dc? Btw look at Helen berteneli and wally west and promotion of cyborg to the justice league and him getting his own book as exact ways not to handle diversity.

Marvel created characters and made people care about the characters and what do you know? People started buying the books. Everything was handled through story.

I however do agree with the iceman thing as that was dc way of handling ie just changing the color of a beloved character or in this case a sexual preference.

We as normal people that want to see normal good stories. Cyborg is fine what does that have to do with a long established character that didn't get changed added to a long established line up.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47  Edited By TheExile285

@newecho said:

@schillenger420: they have a black punisher. He was of a different earth and was last seen in contest of champions @mazahs117: @theexile285: @petey_is_spidey: its creativity that made the characters. Cap steve was getting stale and so instead of doing what's been done they gave the mantle to sam. It gave both characters something new and refreshing and falcon will be elevated because of this. Cap steve is already back to being young and had his book coming out in may. Thor was done through story too and now we get to have two thor's and that book has been amazing. Kamala Kahn's fits the ms marvel persona perfectly and gave carol a much better title because all whole creating a character that is genuially loved. Miles really needs no explanation.

ugh, you are missing the point. and not everyone loves lady thor so i don't know why you would even bring that up.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine: what's the last marvel story you read?. The spencer cap book has been solid and the thor run is great. Doesn't mean you will like it but alot of people do so how does that make us less normal?.

Dc pushed cyborg to create diversity.. They however forgot to give him purpose. Semper is a really good writer so he will do a great job with that book

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: dude there is no point to be made. . The thor thing was brought up by other people. Plenty of people do like it. The changes were made organically through story minus iceman (which understand people's point)..

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SinisterSoul

In the 80's Marvel replaced Iron Man with a black man named James Rhodes. They replaced Captain Marvel with a black woman in the 80's. Giant-Man was replaced with a black man in the 80's. They replaced Banshee with a woman in the early 90's. The Punisher was replaced by a Latino man in the 90's. They replaced Doctor Octopus with a woman in the 90's.

They have replaced Spider-Man with another white man. Spider-Woman and Black Widow have both been replaced with multiple white women. Thor was once replaced by another white man. They have replaced Captain America with multiple white men. Ant-Man and Venom have been replaced with multiple white men. Phoenix, most famous as Jean Grey, is a mantle that has been given to multiple women and a couple men. That is just the older ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Titles and mantels have commonly been passed to multiple people in Marvel since the 80's. It is nothing new. Funny how people didn't complain about it no where nearly as much when it was just white people being replaced with white people.

DC does it too. There have been multiple people to hold the titles of Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Robin, and Batgirl. A couple of the replacement's have even been... female or black. *gasp*