Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Favorite Characters

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Veshark

Hey all, so I was just playing MUA on my PS2 the other day, and play-testing out various characters and their abilities. I tried using characters that I don't normally use (with varying degrees of success), and since there seems to be a lot of love for MUA around these parts, I figured it'd be cool to share favorites from the MUA roster. Many of my friends and I have wildly different preferences when it comes to MUA characters, but here are my favorites and most hated:

Favorites:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Pros: My favorite, naturally with him being my #1 Marvel character and all. Shield Throw is a ridiculously fun move to use, especially when you're maneuvering it, and a mix of Shield Throw and some punching can really get Cap's momentum up fast. The Heroism boost is also very useful in tight situations, giving everyone in your team a defensive bonus.

Cons: His Xtreme is a little weak, and I don't really find a use for the rest of his moves. Cap is also pretty sucky against bosses; as he's more of a crowd-control fighter in my opinion. He can handle small mobs, but when it comes to mini-bosses, he barely holds his own - mainly because he doesn't have a high DPS.

IRON MAN

Pros: My second favorite, Stark is just a beast in this game. With Energy Reroute, you can keep spamming Plasma Disc or Nano Assault without ever worrying about energy. Very powerful and easy to use, and his Xtreme targets multiple enemies with high damage. He's also got flight - always a welcome option.

Cons: Some of his attacks leave him open to hits. Nano Assault makes him charge up for a second, and charging Plasma Disc can be a pain. Also, if enemies have Energy Steal, Iron Man's powers are basically useless - this guy's an energy sponge.

SILVER SURFER

Pros: Power. Pure power. Surfer has so many cool moves, from the powerful Cosmic Blast, to the always necessary Heal, and his awesome Xtreme which not only does damage, but also heals. But my favorite use for Surfer is to abuse Surfer's Rage. Fly high up in the air, keep tapping Surfer's Rage, and watch multiple enemies burn up with this special.

Cons: Energy sponge; use too much of his powers and he's left more or less defenseless. His Specials are also pretty useless, as I don't really find an opportunity to activate Time Stop or Molecular Mix-up. Also has the worst costume choices in the entire game (Can you spot the difference?).

NICK FURY

Pros: Really cool and fun set of moves with Fury. He can grapple enemies at close-range, unleash his SMG at mid-range, and my personal favorite - the Sniper Rifle. Charge up this baby and any enemy in your sights goes down in a flash. Some people have commented that he's not a very effective character - which I agree to a certain extent - but he's certainly fun!

Cons: As aforementioned, his moves are cool, but many of them take too long to charge up. He's not really an ideal choice to play, just really fun. Frag, for example, is a very frustrating move to use as enemies can just simply dodge.

Hated:

Pros: Stealth looks cool.

Cons: Black Panther is pretty meh for me. Which is weird, because he's one of my favorite Avengers in the comics. But he's quite weak when it comes to combat. His claws and his throwing dagger things do very little damage, and Stealth is not exactly useful in a beat-em-up game where your party follows you everywhere.

SPIDER-MAN

Pros: People tell me that once you learn how to use Spidey, and when his powers are leveled up, he's a really powerful character. Can't say I've had that experience though.

Cons: He feels very weak in terms of close-combat. And, maybe I'm not dexterous enough, but Web Sling becomes more cumbersome than useful as a travel power - especially when compared to flight. I think my beef with Spider-Man is not so much the character's capability, but more of it not suiting my playstyle.

THOR

Pros: You get to play as Beta Ray Bill! Flight, I guess, is always a good thing to have, and his melee attacks do do a lot of damage.

Cons: Very cumbersome powers to use. North Winds is annoying because you have to keep spinning the analog stick. Thor's Rage is also relatively weak in comparison to Silver Surfer's, and I feel like his melee attacks are slow and not fast enough for my preference.

MOON KNIGHT

Pros: Nunchuks is admittedly a pretty powerful attack against enemies. He also has one of the strongest Xtremes which does really solid damage against bosses.

Cons: Could never get into Moon Knight, despite him being one of my favorite characters in comics. His powers feel weak for the most part, such as Staff Slam and his Moon Darts, and most of them are also slow in execution and recovery. I'm not sure about this, but it also always feels like he absorbs more Energy than he can replenish.

Feel free to share your most favorites and most-hated. I'd like to compare notes with other fans of this game, and tell me what you think about my choices.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

i got this for the ps2 when it came out , ii do not believe you experienced it at its best though. the gold edition (only for x-box) gives you 8 more characters : cyclops,nightcrawler(now u can make an x-men team, yay!), hawkeye,hulk , venom,magneto(xorn costume),sabretooth, and dr doom .

for the ps2 my team became wolverine,storm,iceman,and deadpool(no other x-men) my second playthrough was us agent beta ray bill ,war machine,and vengeance , experimenting with different characters every few levels

for x-box : i made the ultimates : cap , thor/hulk,iron man , hawkeye . then a team i dubbed weapon x :wolverine,sabretooth,blade,and deadpool. one day like a year or two ago i went and dudsted it off the shelf and used thing ,human torch, invisible woman,and doom . this game was a lot of fun i felt the sequel dropped the ball n everything that made its predecessor so enjoyable . oh and if you ever get the chance venom's special is so freaking cool lol

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SoA

oh and little trivia : fury was supposed to be punisher but after disputes over rights he was changed into fury

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Best were Iron Man and Thor. I didn't have Silver Surfer, so can't say if he was good or not.

Basically put points into Iron Man's "energy re-route" every chance you got. With Thor, put points in the buff that gives your powers extra levels and his lightning AoE. Start with Thor, turn on his power boost buff, switch to Iron Man, turn on energy re-route, switch back to Thor, spam lightning AoE, watch everything die!

As long as you keep both Thor and Iron Man's buffs on (always use Thor's buff first, then Iron Man's) no one on your team will ever run out of energy and you will be hitting much harder then your level.

You clearly weren't playing Thor right, his attacks were crazy fast, with the God Speed buff he was one of the fastest characters in the game. There were two ways to play him, my preferred Lightning spam way above, or God Speed rush-in-and-beat-down way. Both were powerful. I will admit he starts out kindof weak, but easily becomes top-tier.

Worst: Been a while since I've played, but I remember thinking Elektra and Blade were unplayably bad.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

- Thor

- Deadpool

- Silver Surfer

- Captain Mar-Vell (who was seriously OP)

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DH69

always had a team of spider-man, ms marvel, iron man, and invisible woman, occasionally swapping out 1 for another character...god UA was great...pity they screwed the pooch on the sequel.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShootingNova

I liked Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Thor, Silver Surfer and Doctor Strange.

Spider-Man was meh, I really didn't like Captain America and Iron Man just didn't cut it for me. Iceman was fine but not good enough. Elektra was just horrible, and Blade was just as bad.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJ62

Personally I liked using Daredevil, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Iron Man and Nick Fury the best. They were the most fun to play as IMO. For me Ghost Rider was best at taking down some of the heavier villains, because my team could hold him at bay while I (Ghost Rider) could blast the big badguy with flames from far back and it found it was actually the most effective strategy I've used yet when taking on one of the bigger villains. I also like playing as Thor, Doc Strange and Spidey but not as much as the others.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJ62

I was a bit upset because of the roster, I mean it's a Marvel game and no Hulk? Really? I felt they should've had Hulk, Cyclops, Hawkeye and Juggernaut at least. Maybe I'm just ungrateful but I do love that game, just wish they had other great heroes in it too.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DH69

@JJ62 said:

I was a bit upset because of the roster, I mean it's a Marvel game and no Hulk? Really? I felt they should've had Hulk, Cyclops, Hawkeye and Juggernaut at least. Maybe I'm just ungrateful but I do love that game, just wish they had other great heroes in it too.

thats what the DLC was for *rolls eyes*, pay for the game, then pay extra for the characters you want...

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By viin

My favs were Hawkeye, Cyclops, Black Panther, Storm.

The first game was good..2nd was a disappointment

They need to go back and make Xmen Legends 1 and 2 playable

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Veshark

Oh no, I've actually played the Gold Edition on my friend's Xbox. It's also why Moon Knight's on my hated list (There's no MK on the PS2). It's been a while, but I remember liking Venom with his tentacle attack and Doom was just pure ownage. And yeah, MUA2 definitely dropped the ball, and it's even worse for me since I played the PS2 version...

Oh, I did not know that. Makes sense, since Fury and Punisher's skill-sets are more or less the same.

Hmm, interesting tactic, I'll try it out. I remember Thor's lightning AoE being not as effective as Silver Surfer (who has a similar move), but I'll definitely try leveling the stats boost which I hadn't last time. And yeah, Elektra was a mistake.

Save for Daredevil, your team's almost exactly the same as mine! And yeah, Ghost Rider with a leveled-up Hellfire blast is crazy effective.

As aforementioned by others, Cyclops, Hulk, and Hawkeye did actually make the Xbox DLC.

What strategy did you use for Black Panther? I found myself doing not as much damage as other characters most of the time.

And X-Men Legends 2 is awesome!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SoA

@viin said:

My favs were Hawkeye, Cyclops, Black Panther, Storm.

The first game was good..2nd was a disappointment

They need to go back and make Xmen Legends 1 and 2 playable

yes , yes they do . or at least part 2 , AoA costumes FTW

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Thor

Cap

Dr. Strange

Nick Fury

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJ62

@Veshark:

Yeah, I don't play on Xbox though. sucks for me :(. Anyways, I find that Daredevil and Captain America are actually my favorites to play as, probably because (aside from Hulk) Daredevil and Cap arre my favorite characters in Marvel universe.

I think Fury isn't really that effective of a fighter, but he's crazy fun to play as.

My team almost always consists of DD and Cap both for crowd control, with Ghost Rider to take down the heavy hitters...and then one other, usually Iron Man...if not him then Thor, Spidey or Strange. I love playing as Fury, but he just doesnt fight as effectively as the others.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Veshark: Thor , Cylops ,Night Crawler, Colossus, Storm , Cage, Strange,Hulk, sorry I like playing with a lot of the characters on the game

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#17  Edited By TheCannon

I've fully completed the game about 20 times. Some characters I can't believe I haven't tried yet (like Silver Surfer, Hulk, & Dr. Strange). But my favorites are:

• Deadpool
  • Human Torch
  • Iceman
  • Invisible Woman
  • Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor
  • Cyclops
  • Colossus (only good powerhouse in the game)

I also LOVE Daredevil & Hawkeye from the little I've played with them.

My least favorites:

• Spider-Man (can't do anything with the exception of web bullets)
  • Spider-Woman
  • Ms. Marvel (I had such high hopes for her)
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By RedQueen

Wow, this brings back memories. If I remember correctly, I nearly always used Silver Surfer, Ms Marvel, Spiderwoman and the Thing. Just loved using the range attacks and I do remember spamming SS's Surfer's Rage.....

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Blood1991

Storm- My main in the game, pretty much untouchable by anything, but bosses. Elemental resistance, radial attacks, and flight.

Captain America- Great assist, good, power, survives the worst fights.

Invisible Woman- Excellent assist, decent power.

Black Panther- "He did kinda suck to play as I admit" Still he's a favorite of mine so I put him on my team.

Didn't have the x-box so I didn't get Hawkeye :(

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Veshark

Yeah I feel your pain man, I only have a PS2 as well haha. And yeah, Fury isn't that great but his moves are flashy and fun to execute. I remember running through the Mephisto's Realm level using nothing but a maxed-out Sniper Rifle.

Haha all good, the more the merrier. I definitely loved Cyclops when I tried him out though; he was also my favorite in X-Men Legends 2

Twenty?! Wow, and I thought my four times was impressive haha. And yeah, my sister tried out Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman for a short while...before commenting that the women in the game sucked and then she promptly went back to Wolverine.

Surfer's Rage FTW! Yeah, it's definitely one of the easiest moves to abuse - sometimes I'll just tap X and wait until every enemy around me is dead.

Hmm, come to think of it, I still haven't tried Storm. Might check her out sometime (not what I meant). And yeah, I was a little disappointed with Black Panther since I figured a character you had to unlock would be worth something, right?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Veshark

As a side note, were there any bosses that you guys/girls loved fighting and others you hated?

My favorites were the Mephisto one and the one with the Kraken. The Mephisto fight was just the right amount of challenging, with Mephisto casting Fear on everyone and with Zombie Nightcrawler (or Jean Grey, depending on your choice). Also, you can't deny there's something awesome about snatching the Twilight Sword from Mephisto. The Kraken one is a piece of cake (long as you hide from the black slime things), but I get a kick out of fighting an underwater sea monster.

The worst boss fight for me was probably Mysterio. First time through the game, I died in an embarrassing fight with fishbowl head. I've heard others describe this battle as easy, but for some reason, every time I run through it I find it challenging to stay on the real Mysterio. Another annoying battle is the one with Crimson Dynamo. And it's not because Dynamo is difficult or anything, but because the Dugan AI keeps trying to come in and get himself killed. But this one is easily circumvented as long as you keep Dugan away and healthy throughout the mission.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle

@Veshark said:

Favorites:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Pros: My favorite, naturally with him being my #1 Marvel character and all. Shield Throw is a ridiculously fun move to use, especially when you're maneuvering it, and a mix of Shield Throw and some punching can really get Cap's momentum up fast. The Heroism boost is also very useful in tight situations, giving everyone in your team a defensive bonus.

Cons: His Xtreme is a little weak, and I don't really find a use for the rest of his moves. Cap is also pretty sucky against bosses; as he's more of a crowd-control fighter in my opinion. He can handle small mobs, but when it comes to mini-bosses, he barely holds his own - mainly because he doesn't have a high DPS.

an is not so much the character's capability, but more of it not suiting my playstyle.

If you had Cap all leveled up and used the US agent outfit/character, which enhanced his melee striking he was a freaking boss. If you boosted him with reserve strength he could easily defeat bosses.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Veshark

Hmm, thanks for the tips. I've never used Reserve Strength before, since I relied on the Heroic boost to amp my team's defense, but I'll definitely test it out. Never wore the US Agent outfit either, but I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By methias

I enjoyed quite a few characters in the regular roster, but I play on the PC so I can include the 360 & PSP exclusives, Gold Edition chars, XML1&2 chars, etc. My favorites are:

Standard:

• Deadpool
  • Dr. Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Thor
  • Silver Surfer

Exclusives/Modded

• Captain Marvel (PSP-Exclusive)
  • Magneto (Gold Edition)
  • Maverick (Modded)
  • Bishop (Modded)
  • Phoenix (Modded)
JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JJ62

@Veshark, I liked fighting Mephisto as well. I also kinda liked the Galactus battle on the Skrull homeworld, it's mostly just cuz I thinks its nuts for a group of guys like Cap and Daredevil to take on Galactus. but then Surfer shows up and it makes a bit more sense....I also like fighting the super frost giant dude in Niffleheim.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bogey

I only remember using Deadpool and Moonknight. Didn't care for anyone else.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Veshark

Alright, so I started a new campaign on Hard Mode with an alternate identities team. So, Cap as US Agent, Thor as Beta Ray Bill, IM as War Machine, and Ghost Rider as the Phantom Rider.

Cap is at level 31 I think, and I maxed out the Melee Damage for the US Agent costume. I also put all of my points into Shield Throw and Reserve Strength. Overall, I think you had the right idea here. Cap was pretty tough against mobs before, but with Reserve Strength and some +1 Striking drops, he really lays it to mobs with little effort - even on Hard mode. However, I still find him struggling against bosses, mostly because he's not doing enough damage to get back more health drops to cover his own damage. But you did say that Cap needs to be a bit more leveled up, so I'll see if it improves as the campaign progresses. Still, thanks for the tip, I never realized how useful Reserve Strength was until now. Definitely see the difference here, and I'm gonna be using the US Agent suit from now on.

As for Thor (or Beta Ray Bill, I guess), I thought I'd give him another go with Iron Man's Energy Reroute. I chose to use God Speed rather than the skills boost though, and I put as much points as I could to his lightning strike. Overall, I've warmed up to him a little, and God Speed is definitely awesome. His lightning strike still doesn't feel as potent as Surfer's, but I suppose that could be attributed to him not being leveled up yet. Still, I'll wait and see if I'll adjust to Thor better. Definitely going to try his skills boost coupled with IM's Energy Reroute soon, though.

Ah yes, the PC version, still the best haha. You definitely have an interesting preference for characters though; aside from Surfer and Thor, I don't think I've really tried any of them. Out of curiosity, how was Black Panther for you? I've found he's alright in Normal, but at Hard, he just doesn't seem to be able to deal decent damage.

Haha oh yeah, the Galactus battle was definitely one of the highlights of the game. It's easy as hell though, and Galactus isn't much of a threat, but I remember being totally thrilled the first time I played it. The way the camera pans in the Surfer minigame, with Surfer dodging Galactus, is absolutely epic. And yeah, Ymir was a pretty fun boss too - he's huge. I think overall the Niffleheim level was a good thrill.

How'd you feel about the Mysterio fight? I just replayed in on Hard and Mysterio was a total pain in the ass. Killed two of my team before I could get the drop on him, and that was after I'd unleashed all four Xtremes.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JJ62

@Veshark:

I actually kinda liked the Mysterio fight, it was very challenging, Usually at least one of my guys gets killed though...but I do think it was fun because it was tough to pull off.

I also like battling Loki in raven's spire, that was a very challenging battle as well.

Now, about your hated Moon Knight and Black Panther. I have to agree about Panther, he looks cool, acts cool, even sounds cool. But he's really not effective at all, his claws do very little damage and what's the point of his stealth mode?

I disagree with Moon Knight though, his nunchuku things are very effective at bringing down enemies big and small. Although his standard attacks and crescent darts don't do much damage, but his Xtremes is amazing.

We should make this the official MUA discussion thread, this is fun!

Saranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Saranth

I never actually owned the original Ultimate Alliance. Has it aged well enough to justify buying the Xbox 360 port? I realise that the DLC is no longer available unless you pick up the gold edition, but that's over £50 on eBay.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#30  Edited By BlueLantern1995

What you need to do with Spider-Man is have him on the team with Iron Man. Have Iron Man's energy ability on and have Spider-Man's web shield on. With this on you can be completing invulnerable when you're fully upgraded.

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheMarvelFanboy

MUA: Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer

MUA2: Wolverine, Thor, Storm

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Veshark

Yeah, I'd venture to say that the Mysterio one is actually the toughest boss fight for me. And Loki was pretty challenging as I recall; mostly because of his various teleportation and summoning tricks.

Well that's pretty much what I said about MK, Nunchuks do good damage and his Xtreme is awesome, but for regular play I find him lacking. I guess it's because he's also one of my favorite characters, so I was expecting a little more from him.

Haha sounds good to me.

For my money, you should purchase the PC edition. Not only does it (arguably) have the best graphics, it also allows access to all of your powers at the same time and also lets you download mods - giving you access to every single UA character, even the ones from the PSP. You can also download user-made mods with the PC edition; it's always fun to play as the Justice League in the campaign!

In my opinion, I think it's aged fantastic, though my opinion might be clouded by my love for comics in general. MUA is a great game that can either be played casually with friends, where it's just a mindless beat-em-up, or you can really take your time to figure out team mechanics and play on Hard. Overall, as a comic fan I also get a kick out of fighting through all of these famous places from the MU.

Really? Hmm, will check this out.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ninjablade09

I really enjoyed playing as Spider-man, Iron-man, Cap, and I think Thor. Haven't played in awhile.. Check to see who I used a lot. I remember having a team of Ironman, Luke Cage, Thing, and Captain Marvel man did I fly through the mission. Captain Marvel was awesome, easily the strongest character in the game. To bad he is a PSP exclusive. Spider-man was my favorite. A good thing to try is use his web snare to trap enemies for awhile then use his slingshot. His Xtreme was useless though. I remember on the PSP there was a mode where you could only be 1 hero and you would 1 shot bosses. I had so much fun. Dr.Doom and his F4 went down.

Quick question, did anyone have the X-box version where you could play as war machine? If so what costume replaced war machine's for Ironman?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Veshark

In place of War Machine, Iron Man gets his Heroes Return armor from X-Men Legends II. I haven't played it, but as I recall, it's actually a Xbox community mod that adds additional characters to the game.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By trebean

Does anyone here uses mods on this game? (New Characters, Boosters, New Skins)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Veshark

@trebean said:

Does anyone here uses mods on this game? (New Characters, Boosters, New Skins)

I use mods for the PC version, and dabble in some skins as well. Mostly I just use the Official Characters Mod that are ported from other platforms. I don't really like using fanmade characters as they're prone to glitching and lack the complete-ness of official mods (like missing voice files or attacks etc).

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Veshark: Ah, thanks.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By Gambit1024

Mr. Fantastic was totally overpowered

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Veshark

@Gambit1024 said:

Mr. Fantastic was totally overpowered

Yeah, I've read some people commenting on that. Spinning fists or some other attack like that, right?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bruxae

I mostly played the second one, as Red Hulk.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Veshark

Anyone here use the My Team function? I didn't start using it until my third playthrough, but it certainly has its benefits. Not only can you build a team concept with a spiffy team name, but you can also bolster your party's powers and skills.

My first team was the Ultimates on the PC. I had Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Hulk, and Captain Marvel all in their Ultimate costumes, of course. My second team was the Rogues, which was an all-villain team. I had Doom, Venom, Magneto, Sabretooth, Hulk (with Rulk skin), and Ghost Rider (with Vengeance skin).

Presently I'm running through the game with a Thunderbolts team. I have Cap in his US Agent outfit, Venom (Mac Gargan), Vengeance, War Machine, and Ronin. Planning to throw in Rulk and Deadpool soon. I even get to use the black lightning bolt icon, which suitably fits the Thunderbolts' logo.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorites were Spiderman Black Panther Daredevil and Wolverine

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Darth Paul

Actually, I finally just got this game for my Wii a few months ago and I've been playing with a team of Spidey, Thing, Iron Man, and Spider-Woman, and named my team "The Superfriends."

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_paul said:

Actually, I finally just got this game for my Wii a few months ago and I've been playing with a team of Spidey, Thing, Iron Man, and Spider-Woman, and named my team "The Superfriends."

Haha that's cool, man. I haven't heard much about the Wii version though, aside from it being not as good as the console/PC platforms. I read that the Wii controllers can be quite tricky to play with in MUA. But hey, least you guys get Colossus and Moon Knight as well.

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Darth Paul

@veshark: I honestly don't use a lot of the motion controls that are implemented in the Wii version as they're basically just purely optional. Every attack or move that can be executed via a motion control can be done with button presses at the same time so I just pretty much just press the buttons just like in any other version. Moon Knight is a character that I might like to try in a future play through since I'm probably going to stick with the team I choose so as to not have to do a whole lot of trying to level a lot of different characters. Any of the X-Men characters will probably the last ones that I'll play with on this game since I also have X-Men Legends II for my Gamecube and it seems like there are a lot of repeat characters in MUA that were in that game. Even if they play differently in MUA, I'd still like to try out all of the newer character options first you know.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_paul

Oh, I didn't know that. In terms of characters, you can actually switch your roster pretty easy, since all characters will level roughly at the same rate as you progress through the campaign. Of course the characters that you play with more, or invest more money in, will definitely perform better, but the gap's not that far. But yeah, you should definitely try out a variety of heroes just for fun.

I rarely use the X-Men characters, but I do believe they're similar to their XML counterparts, just a little more streamlined. Funny thing is that for the PS2/Xbox consoles, you can't even make a full team of X-Men since we don't have Colossus :P

Spidermeat101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man could solo the game.