Marvel or DC which has had a bigger impact in Movies of ALL TIME

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Marvel or DC which has had a bigger impact in Movies of ALL TIME (49 votes)

Marvel 43%
Dc 49%
Results 8%
 • 
RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably DC. Without '78 Superman and '89 Batman, no one would be making superhero movies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like Superman the Movie kind of opened the door for all CBMs. TDK showed they can be more than just fun, but actually quality films. So, DC.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Wouldn't spider-man 2 have shown that they can be more than just fun?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB/DC. I just don't know where things would be if Superman: The Movie never existed

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

@mike_fowler: you're talking to the wrong guy about Spider-Man 2, lol

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman '78 and The Dark Knight remain the most important as far as impact goes, with X-Men, Iron Man and Avengers competing for third spot.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both have made CBMs what they are today

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lestrange

The Dark knight and superman are the most important.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spambot

@lestrange said:

Personally I don't think TDK was that important to the genre or movies as a whole. Spiderman 1 was more important since it was basically a giant bell that said 'huge money is here to be made by cbms'. TDK came after Iron Man so its not like the mcu happened because of it. Even X-men 1 I'd say may have made more of an impact than TDK has.

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@lestrange said:

Personally I don't think TDK was that important to the genre or movies as a whole. Spiderman 1 was more important since it was basically a giant bell that said 'huge money is here to be made by cbms'. TDK came after Iron Man so its not like the mcu happened because of it. Even X-men 1 I'd say may have made more of an impact than TDK has.

The question is though, what had an impact on movies of all time not just CBM's. From a film-making point of view, TDK is on another level.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@lestrange said:

The question is though, what had an impact on movies of all time not just CBM's. From a film-making point of view, TDK is on another level.

That's one interpretation of impact on movies. Not necessarily the interpretation the op had in mind with this thread though. I'm not sure TDK has actually had that big of an impact on movies which have come after it either except maybe on Zack Snyder movies.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel. Sure DC introduced comic book movies with Superman and Batman, but Marvel is what made them what they are today.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@lestrange said:

Though I don't think it is that great, TDK was pretty much the only CBM that was lauded by serious film critics. I remember watching a series on the history and art of film on Netflix and TDK was the only CBM mentioned (and one of few genre movies mentioned)

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel. Sure DC introduced comic book movies with Superman and Batman, but Marvel is what made them what they are today.

but what is the bigger impact? DC, easily Superman introduced it and TDK revamped the genre after it was dying like western films

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: tbh I think Iron Man and TDK are 50/50 responsible for the revival of CMB

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spambot

@rdclip said:

Though I don't think it is that great, TDK was pretty much the only CBM that was lauded by serious film critics. I remember watching a series on the history and art of film on Netflix and TDK was the only CBM mentioned (and one of few genre movies mentioned)

I agree with that most definitely but at the same time I just don't think its overall impact was that large. It was a great movie that deserves its place at the top of the genre but that doesn't mean it had the biggest impact on it.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB/DC were making good CBM before Marvel even thought too

I'd like to say Marvel MCU but most of those movies are carbon copies of each other with just different characters

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: tbh I think Iron Man and TDK are 50/50 responsible for the revival of CMB

I took a film class , and this was a topic of discussion , we came to a conclusion that TDK was regarded as one of the greatest movies of all time among numerous critics and regarded as one of the only comic book films to ever be know as a masterpiece due to the unconventional themes introduced in the movie that have only been introduced in one other film (MOS) , iron man somewhat helped the genre but without TDK, the CB genre would not get the respect it gets today, plus TDK was the first superhero movie to break $1 Billion and the only one to feature a hero with ZERO superpowers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel

Blade made it popular again after all those terrible batman movies (after michael keaton)

Spiderman was doing good during a time where comic book movies were terrible (catwoman daredevil elektra)

Iron man kickstarted a beautiful successful universe

avengers made comics even more popular world wide

now infinity war everyone will think of marvel first when it comes to comics even non comic book fans

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cant believe i forgot to mention xmen another good universe (has some bad movies but amazing ones too like deadpool and logan)

sorry but the dceu cant even keep up with fox

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cresShadow

marvel overall. the MCU made a HUGE impact on the film industry to the point where some colleges teach classes on their story structure

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel overall. the MCU made a HUGE impact on the film industry to the point where some colleges teach classes on their story structure

who told you this? DC started that trend lmao , TDK was the reason CB movies were allowed to be discussed in film classes lmao

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: but iron man has no powers either

I'm sorry , a man who owns a ssupersuit powerful enough to go h2h with thor , lmao no powers my ass

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

Probably DC. Without '78 Superman and '89 Batman, no one would be making superhero movies.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: but Batman took hits from bane who was able to break concrete like styrofoam

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkonast

@darkonast: but Batman took hits from bane who was able to break concrete like styrofoam

did you actually watch The Batman trilogy? did you not notice that every movie Lucious gives bruce something new to use for armor? he gives him material (that is real in our world) that absorbs/lessens impacts

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: so you're saying it's possible to make a suit that isn't bulky or big at all and it can take hits that could Move a car and I'll be fine.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: it has been attempted and sorry but its impossible with technology we have now , almost all of Batman's stuff was based off real life technology

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: so in other words batmans suit is impossible as well

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: it has been attempted and sorry but its impossible with technology we have now , almost all of Batman's stuff was based off real life technology

Just like the iron man suit was attempted but impossible with the tech we have now?