Marvel Epic Collection line

BillyBobYamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How long do you think it will take for things like Epic Collections for Frank Miller's Daredevil run or Walter simmonsons Thor run or the entirety of Peter David's Hulk or stuff like Claremonts X-Men to be released?

Do you think these things will bbe the last things to be released?

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, there already is a collection of Thor's Walt Simmonson run and Hulk's David run, but it would be nice to see Epic Collections complete.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How long do you think it will take for things like Epic Collections for Frank Miller's Daredevil run or Walter simmonsons Thor run or the entirety of Peter David's Hulk or stuff like Claremonts X-Men to be released?

Do you think these things will bbe the last things to be released?

Well Epic Collections first publish the early runs and the less available elsewhere ones. So Frank Miller's, Walter Simmonsons' or Peter David's run will deffinitly come last.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spambot

Simonson's Thor run just came out as a new Omnibus collection so I think Marvel probably thinks its better suited for that. Epic Collection trades generally go about 25-30 comics long and his run is roughly 45 issues so I think its a bit long for the EC format. Miller's DD run also got similar treatment as an Omnibus and was released as 4 trades so again its way too big to be released as a single EC.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Simonson's Thor run just came out as a new Omnibus collection so I think Marvel probably thinks its better suited for that. Epic Collection trades generally go about 25-30 comics long and his run is roughly 45 issues so I think its a bit long for the EC format. Miller's DD run also got similar treatment as an Omnibus and was released as 4 trades so again its way too big to be released as a single EC.

Yes but the goal of the Epics is to republish all the stories in chronological order. So sometimes the heroes appeared in other titles or crossovers. So the runs can be split and embelished with a few other appearances and mini-series into multiple books that will still have a decent size. Or they can include issues coming after and before.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Good luck trying to condense Claremont's run to a few books, lol.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@spambot said:

Yes but the goal of the Epics is to republish all the stories in chronological order. So sometimes the heroes appeared in other titles or crossovers. So the runs can be split and embelished with a few other appearances and mini-series into multiple books that will still have a decent size. Or they can include issues coming after and before.

When did Marvel explicitly say that was their goal with the EC trades? I don't think they had a goal other than putting a lot of comics into an expanded trade form which hadn't up until then(including some that had been) with good quality. Its a great way to buy older comics which is all I think its intended to be.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@jb681131 said:
@spambot said:

When did Marvel explicitly say that was their goal with the EC trades? I don't think they had a goal other than putting a lot of comics into an expanded trade form which hadn't up until then(including some that had been) with good quality. Its a great way to buy older comics which is all I think its intended to be.

They sayd it when they created this collection.

The Epic Collection line is a numbered collection of sequential issues of one title, sometimes including crossovers from related titles, starting from the beginning of a character. This collection is not released sequentially, as the priority is to fill in periods not covered by previous collections.

Marvel Announces "Epic Collection" Graphic Novel Format

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@spambot said:

They sayd it when they created this collection.

The Epic Collection line is a numbered collection of sequential issues of one title, sometimes including crossovers from related titles, starting from the beginning of a character. This collection is not released sequentially, as the priority is to fill in periods not covered by previous collections.

Marvel Announces "Epic Collection" Graphic Novel Format

That's the thing right there though is it says they wanted it to cover runs not previously published as trades.