Marvel Dominates People's Choice Awards: Black Panther getting closer to best picture Oscar?

stayPoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stayPoppin
No Caption Provided

The People’s Choice awards – the first major awards ceremony of the season – have seen Avenger: Infinity War and Black Panther take the honours in the film section, giving them an early boost in the Oscars jostle.

While Black Panther was the favourite heading into the awards ceremony, it was actually Avengers: Infinity War that was named both "The Movie of 2018" and "The Action Movie of 2018." Scarlett Johansson, meanwhile, ended up being crowned "The Female Movie Star of 2018."

Don't worry too much about T'Challa and company, though, because Chadwick Boseman ended up winning "The Male Movie Star of 2018" and The Walking Dead's Danai Gurira was awarded "The Action Movie Star of 2018" for Black Panther.

It looks as if Marvel pulled nearly every major award. Normally this helps moving towards Oscars so well see. I'm convinced Black Panther will win best picture. I could see IW picking one for action, CGI, maybe more. But anyway this bodes well.

I'm glad to see Marvel finally getting the respect they deserve. What they have accomplished nothing short of amazing.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/nov/12/avengers-infinity-war-black-panther-peoples-choice-awards

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

They are not getting an Oscar.

stayPoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I feel BP has a pretty good shot. Think one of the Viners posted a link once showing ALL of the pro regular Oscars best picture predictors had BP in their list. It's legit.

Can you imagine if Marvel/BP does win...OMG after all the other success that would just be the icing on the cake.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not winning Best Picture but it could possibly eke out a nomination. Now that they nominate between 8 and 10 films, anything can happen. There's always a few throw ins (Mad Max: Fury Road)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Black Panther gets a nomination over Infinity War for Best Picture that's just ridiculous

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85: I feel BP has a pretty good shot. Think one of the Viners posted a link once showing ALL of the pro regular Oscars best picture predictors had BP in their list. It's legit.

Can you imagine if Marvel/BP does win...OMG after all the other success that would just be the icing on the cake.

They wont, because the people who decide which movies and actors recieve an Oscar generally hold whatever is big in terms of popculture in contempt. Stuff like superhero movies aren't in the running unless they do something extraordinarily good, and for my money BP didn't. It's a good movie, but not a brilliant one and didn't really do anything exceptional.