inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

As fans continue to demand unique items to wear and collect from Marvel’s deep stable of characters, Marvel is rolling out its merchandising and retail plans for popular anti-heroes and vigilantes Daredevil, The Punisher, Jessica Jones and Deadpool. This new development addresses a key Marvel strategy to tap into the Marvel vault and satisfy not only the fans of the major Marvel franchises -- Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy -- but also comic book fans and those watching Marvel’s new Netflix Original Series.

Utilizing new artwork that launched this past summer, the merchandise campaigns focus on images from the vast Marvel Publishing archive to embrace an edgier tone. The lines have begun rolling out in stores with larger launches planned for January 2016 targeting teens and adults. Activity will heat up later in 2016 with the debut of the second season of the critically acclaimed Netflix’s “Marvel’s Daredevil”, which will include the first-ever live-action appearance of the Punisher on television.

The licensing program features a wide array of adult fan-focused product originating off of the wildly popular Marvel Comics publishing line, from apparel to collectibles and action figures. Fans will have the chance to build out full collections for the first time with collectibles from Diamond Select, Funko, Sideshow, Kotobukiya, and NECA coming to retail. Additionally, Hasbro will add Marvel Legends collector figures and Hot Wheels will unveil collectible die-cast vehicles next fall. Mad Engine, C-Life, Hybrid, Freeze, Fifth Sun, Silver Buffalo and Bioworld will each be launching a robust lineup of product including men’s and women’s apparel, accessories, footwear, bags, home goods, and drinkware. The merchandising programs will be rounded out with additional offerings including collector plush, stationery, consumer electronics, and novelties. And this assortment would not be complete without the collected Marvel Comics editions where these popular heroes originated.

No Caption Provided

At retail, best-in-class partners are working on extensive in-store and online support. Beginning in January, Target will feature a Funko display that will spotlight Daredevil, The Punisher and Deadpool collectible bobbleheads. In February, Hot Topic is launching an in-store and online Deadpool campaign that will include eye-catching signage, a homepage takeover, and social media posts. Other brick and mortar retailers including Walmart, JCPenney, Spencer’s, Party City, and Kohl’s will also provide in-store and online support. Amazon will expand on its toy and apparel offerings for the characters and CafePress is launching a dedicated Jessica Jones shop offering unique merchandise for both men and women.

“Our goal is to open our deep vault of characters and explore all opportunities to drive incremental revenue that extends beyond our core franchises and extends our reach to new consumer segments,” said Paul Gitter, senior vice president, licensing, Marvel at Disney Consumer Products. “The excitement that is brewing across the board from not just fans, but also the licensees and retailers, is overwhelming and we are looking forward to seeing the reaction to this awesome product lineup.”

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I actually like that tshirt

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

SWEET!! Marvel/ Netflix is where it's at! Need some Jessica Jones and Luke Cage merchandise to go with all my Daredevil shirts.LOL

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Wonder how deep into their vault of characters they plan to go?

The_Surgeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs more Kingpin and Purple Man merch.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The lack of MK merch makes me one sad panda

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cool stuff

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I love seeing stuff for Jessica Jones.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson: I also want to see Moon Knight merchandise. We need Moon Knight adapted in live-action. He has one of the most unique origins in Marvel in my point of view and has many great dark and stories waiting to be brought to life if Marvel's aim in television shows is to provide dark, gritty content. Maybe in the next phase of the T.V. Marvel shows, he will be there. Moon Knight also suffers from psychological issues, which I think fits the aimed genre well since Jessica Jones was also described by Jeph Loeb as a "Psychological Thriller" show.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ia0delond

Soo adult is just Deadpool and the Netflix shows.

Not those are bad things, just a fourteen year old me would be more willing to buy them.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MattyDaveHalPeo

I just want an Iron Fist TV show or film already! That comic Daredevil shirt is nice though.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I would buy that first DD shirt just because it's David Aja art!

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo: An Iron Fist series is part of the Netflix deal, but it is still further down the list.

I bought that DD shirt a few weeks ago. :)

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson: @avenging_knight: Yes we need more Moon Knight! I think he will eventually get a Netflix show as long as they keep being awesome like DD and Jessica Jones.

@mattydavehalpeo at least Joe Quesada gave us good news that Iron Fist is still in development

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I definitely thought it said 'Marvel Develops New Merchandise for Adult Films' whenever I skimmed through the headlines.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John-PH

I got that DD t-shirt at a Hot topic back in September. Saw that DP POP shirt there as well

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool Merchandise omg disney promoting a fox movie *crosses fingers for X men Merch.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who else misread Adult fans as Adult Films

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad DC will never market their characters this way.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

The title made me think something else.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult merchandise containing a bunch of Deadpool stuff? Their most childish character? I guess I see the logic....

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...That A and V in "Alias Investigations" looks like a Jewel. The catch? Jewel is one of her previous superhero identities...

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"adult fans"

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is when we find out marvel will make blow up dolls in the shape of their most popular characters and whole lot of Thor fanatics buy the fem Thor one and curse marvel for not makeing the doll in the shape of guy Thor.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who else misread Adult fans as Adult Films

Have to admit I did.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I was kind of hoping for some X-Men merch. I have a cool Xavier Institute Christmas style sweater but the only t-shirt I have related to Marvel is Spider-Man. I'd be much more obliged to buy X related merchandise than these. Although, the DD shirt is cool and I do love Daredevil.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#26 pikahyper  Moderator

None of that stuff really seems catered to adults :/ once you leave college you shouldn't be wearing a backpack unless you are at a convention or can't afford luggage for a vacation and nobody is going to take you seriously if you are wearing a Deadpool watch/wallet or Punisher necklace.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not those are bad things, just a fourteen year old me would be more willing to buy them.

First thing I thought soon as I saw that Deadpool wallet.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@ia0delond said:

First thing I thought soon as I saw that Deadpool wallet.

The Deadpool movie is for adults

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: speak up, man, I don't have my hearing aid on.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#32 pikahyper  Moderator
Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seriously though, this seems more teen oriented than adult.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the DD hat. Would want this as a shirt:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how this is supposed to be more geared towards adults. I could already buy DD and Deadpool t shirts at Wal-Mart, what's the big difference?

A Punisher t-shirt with the skull and maybe some iron on blood spatter w/bullet holes, now THAT would be cool and not the norm and more for adults. Make some shirts for women with Gambit on them since merch will surely come in some form to help that character a little. I just don't see how any of the stuff is really geared towards older fans.

~KL~

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlueHope

I have to admit, when I had read that tittle I expected to see the worst, thank god I was wrong

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dat dd shirt doe ma

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By derekvang

@slade_wilson said:

Agreed. You can never get tired of MK, dude's a badass and deserves more

I definitely thought it said 'Marvel Develops New Merchandise for Adult Films' whenever I skimmed through the headlines.

I think that's kind of the intentional idea that most of us read that whenever we see something that's aimed towards Adults

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Iron Man strap on?

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson: I also want to see Moon Knight merchandise. We need Moon Knight adapted in live-action. He has one of the most unique origins in Marvel in my point of view and has many great dark and stories waiting to be brought to life if Marvel's aim in television shows is to provide dark, gritty content. Maybe in the next phase of the T.V. Marvel shows, he will be there. Moon Knight also suffers from psychological issues, which I think fits the aimed genre well since Jessica Jones was also described by Jeph Loeb as a "Psychological Thriller" show.

Agreed! A show about MK could be so compeling and deep.

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel please develop cartoons for adult fans, all your current cartoons are trash

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_knight said:

Exactly. A MK tv show would be so awesome.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is jessica jones worth wathing or shuld i not wast emy time

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is jessica jones worth wathing or shuld i not wast emy time

It depends what kind of show you like.If you're looking for a lot of punches and kicks then it's probably not for you.But if you're a fan of good noir story telling that pushes realistic themes then Jessica Jones is your show.I loved it personally.

Thomas86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Thomas86

Guys, i got a nice convenient platform that helped me to get a Captain America hoodie. So since this is a merchandise forum, i thought of sharing it with you'll https://www.fjackets.com/blog/superhero-hoodies-guide/

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: you had my at good noir storyteling and I did watch the first 3 episodes. but idk..i guess I couldnt get into Jessica's character. she is unlikable. and to me. and the side characters are just as bad. the show does have an interesting villain and i do want to continue to watch to see how she takes down a villain like Killgrave. its very interesting so far how she does that its like a detective story.

but man the characters and the writing is just cringeworthy!
I might continue later on but right now its offputting probably wont continue and just wiki the rest fo the episodes before Defenders comes out to catch up on it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daredevil21134

@comicvine_is_jericho529: And I think that's her appeal to most people.She's a screw up and at times she very unlikable and does bad and questionable things.But if you look deeply she is a hero at heart,she's not a very good one and she knows that.But her character definitely isn't for everybody and her show takes lots if patience.Hopefully when you decide to watch the next few you'll change your stance.Good luck.I agree with you on the side characters.The twins were annoying.