Marvel Comics #1000: Which was your favorite page ?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Thor-Parker

For all of you that have read it (and probably those who haven't as well) you know that this issue focused on a different story told by different writers on each page.

So I want to know which one-page story was your favorite ?

I had 3 favorites that stood out from the others for me, in no particular order:

• "What do you regret" by J. Michael Strazcynski
  • "Because of her" by Gerry Conway
  • "The Route" by Donny Cates

Your turn.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ngl, kinda skimmed them. If someone could just point me to the cool ones, that'd be pretty dope. Obviously, I was hype for the one with Warlock

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I did like the Choice quite a bit, and the Loki one

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Please remind me which one was The Choice ?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The JMS page was probably my favourite outta the whole book.

I really loved Aaron’s Wolvie/Punisher page, Hickman’s Apocalypse page, Pak’s Hulk page and Cate’s Spidey page off the top of my head. Need to reskim through it to remember if there’s any others that I really enjoyed.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thor-Parker

@kevd4wg said:

Oh right, that one was good.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

The JMS page was probably my favourite outta the whole book.

I really loved Aaron’s Wolvie/Punisher page, Hickman’s Apocalypse page, Pak’s Hulk page and Cate’s Spidey page off the top of my head. Need to reskim through it to remember if there’s any others that I really enjoyed.

The JMS page was perfect, the mention of Sins Past was hilarious, and the final monologue by The Watcher was emotional.

The Wolverine/Punisher page made me want to see more of them teaming up, I had never thought about it but damn they make a fine team, I'd definitely read a limited series starring those two.

Have they teamed up elsewhere ?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thor_parker82: it was funny yet poignant, plus I’m a sucker for anything drawn by Ed McGuinness.

Hmmmmm that’s a good question. I know there was a Wolvie, Punisher, Ghost Rider team up one shot in the 90’s I believe and Garth Ennis wrote a Wolverine vs Punisher comic where Wolverine is humiliated which was followed by a sequel by Frank Tieri who wrote one where Punished gets humiliated

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one with Galactus.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thor-Parker

@sabbavsk: The one about the farmer and the sheep ? It was pretty good as well.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82: it was funny yet poignant, plus I’m a sucker for anything drawn by Ed McGuinness.

Hmmmmm that’s a good question. I know there was a Wolvie, Punisher, Ghost Rider team up one shot in the 90’s I believe and Garth Ennis wrote a Wolverine vs Punisher comic where Wolverine is humiliated which was followed by a sequel by Frank Tieri who wrote one where Punished gets humiliated

Glad to know JMS is self aware and conscious of it, though if I'm being honest I liked Sins Past, I never cared much about 616 Gwen, so........lol

I gotta read both of those Wolverine vs Punisher comics then.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to know JMS is self aware and conscious of it, though if I'm being honest I liked Sins Past, I never cared much about 616 Gwen, so........lol

That's the thing; Sins Past itself isn't that bad or even badly written, it's just the retcon between Gwen and Norman that's so controversial and from what I understand that wasn't JMS's idea. His original idea was to have Gwen's kids indeed be Peter's and that it was Peter's radioactive spider-genes that were causing them to age rapidly. But Marvel Editorial said "Hell no!" and made JMS change it to someone else as the father.

I'm not sure why they made him change it. One I've heard is that Marvel didn't want Peter to be an absentee father (even though he only never knew about the kids because Gwen never told him), another is they felt Peter having kids aged the character too much (same reason they got rid of his marriage to MJ). But I think the dumbest possible reason I've heard is that they didn't like the idea that Peter would ever have sex before marriage.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

That's the thing; Sins Past itself isn't that bad or even badly written, it's just the retcon between Gwen and Norman that's so controversial and from what I understand that wasn't JMS's idea. His original idea was to have Gwen's kids indeed be Peter's and that it was Peter's radioactive spider-genes that were causing them to age rapidly. But Marvel Editorial said "Hell no!" and made JMS change it to someone else as the father.

I'm not sure why they made him change it. One I've heard is that Marvel didn't want Peter to be an absentee father (even though he only never knew about the kids because Gwen never told him), another is they felt Peter having kids aged the character too much (same reason they got rid of his marriage to MJ). But I think the dumbest possible reason I've heard is that they didn't like the idea that Peter would ever have sex before marriage.

Yeah, pretty much, and kill me but I feel the very same thing about One More Day, it wasn't actually bad, the writing was top notch and emotional, it's simply the retcon that sucked a$$.

Man that's lame haha, not to mention he did have sex before marriage right after the original clone saga, it was very much implied.

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Yeah, I don't know how Galactus managed to one-shot Thanos with IG, but storytelling was great. I empathize Galactus, we are all destroying something with our existence.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers