• 156 results
#1 Posted by Lvenger (36109 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Marvel Comics has announced plans to revitalize its entire publishing line in 2018, promising new creative teams, new series and more.

The publisher has released a piece of promo art by Jim Cheung, along with a video hosted by current Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, promising a new direction for the Marvel Universe in the coming year.

“I can say, walking through these halls, I have never seem more enthusiasm and more excitement for where Marvel Comics is going this year, Cebulski effuses in the video. “Not since Marvel NOW! have we have we had such an ver-arching, line wide change of talent on the Marvel Comics line.”

Sources: CBR & Youtube

#2 Edited by Yassassin (7351 posts) - - Show Bio

85% White People and Mutants, we're back to peak Marvel.

#3 Posted by BullPR (5532 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Now pushed me away from Marvel Comics. It can't really be worse than that. No?

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#4 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17092 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be good.

#5 Posted by Sy8000 (34652 posts) - - Show Bio

Again? Seriously?

#6 Edited by Darthjhawk (5125 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want my goddamn Fantastic Four back.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (36109 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers #1 to be written by Jason Aaron with art by Ed McGuinness. It will feature the Big 3; Cap, Thor and Tony reunited and apparently will ship 18 issues in this year.

No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by WakandonSon (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I told you guys Marvel was gonna do this.

Do a line wide overhaul and bring back all the original heroes just in time for release of A:IW. This event takes place May this year. Same month IW is released. There gonna use IW hype to launch the rebooted Marvel U. If you notice this event doesn't have a stupid name like "Marvel Now or Marvel Now Now or Seriously Marvel Now Now Now." This is the real deal. Just a fresh start featuring original heroes for the fans. This is event is just original Marvel story telling.

Again I told you guys this was gonna happen simultaneously with IW.

Also this year the Marvel games division is announcing its full AAA video game line up. More info on the Avegers project, SM:PS4 the AAA GotG etc..,

Marvel is using the IW hype as s spring board to relaunch all the products the right way.

#9 Posted by WakandonSon (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Dude I'm gonna be reading DAMN near every book from line up!!

That looks great.

#10 Posted by Farkam (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see how they screw this up and screw fans over.

#11 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

It will probs be crap

#12 Posted by MrAugen (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Rebirth?

I'll be curious how this goes after Marvel Comics lost its appeal to me over recent years.

#13 Posted by FangDaNerd (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! now maybe I'll start reading Marvel Comics again!

#14 Posted by BullPR (5532 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Avengers #1 to be written by Jason Aaron with art by Ed McGuinness. It will feature the Big 3; Cap, Thor and Tony reunited and apparently will ship 18 issues in this year.

After years without buying any Marvel Comics, I can see myself giving this one a chance.

Do you know more about this "golden Hammer"?

#15 Posted by Xwraith (36373 posts) - - Show Bio

For the third time in six years.

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (33865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Avengers line-up. Aaron has gone off the deep end lately but I hope this will be decent.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (50897 posts) - - Show Bio

So does this mean Ta-nihisi Coates is leaving black panther?

#18 Posted by adamTRMM (8495 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I've seen many speculating on Aaron's Avengers, I guess it happens now. With this lineup and Aaron's name, it will probably sell well unless he pulls a WatXM or something, but I don't think he's that stupid and careless like he was with the X's.

#19 Posted by StormShadow_X (15628 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8008 said:

Again? Seriously?

This.

Between the Non Stop events and constant relaunches it might as well me a meme now.

#20 Posted by tensor (8327 posts) - - Show Bio

When will this end?

#21 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

@yassassin: More white people increase the quality of the stories?

#22 Posted by StormShadow_X (15628 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the line Up but Robbie Reyes and Ghost Rider in general feels immensely out of place. Should of been Hawkeye, he should of claimied his status as one of the world mightest heroes awhile go.

#23 Posted by Stahlflamme (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, you gotta love how they tossed in everything except the kitchen sink with this line-up. It's another creative bankruptcy cooked up by the marketing department. If they want me to believe this is some actual overhaul they should not have put Jason Aaron as the writer. This is another fake start over masquerading as Rebirth because sales are painfully low. If they really want to change things up they should do some actual solo titles again and rebuild a rogue gallery, most heroes these days don't even have nemesi anymore.

#24 Posted by laflux (24702 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

It looks Like She Hulk is doing that thing where she works out in Human Form to get stronger in her Hulk form again.

On the otherhand it seems that they are toning down the diversity and going back to classic designs- Odinson is back, although with a Golden Hammer?, Its looks like Banner Hulk, Brock Venom (although that's already been confirmed), Wolverine's back. We still have Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel though.......

#25 Posted by Heatforce (5305 posts) - - Show Bio

@wakandonson: yes everytime there is a movie and a relaunch, it always goes well for the comics -_-

#26 Edited by WakandonSon (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: lol dude you didn't even try. Ironman, Black Panther, Captain America, Thor and Captain Marvel are the true Avengers team. CM was always intended to be lead Avengers. With BP being go to minority. This was always gonna happen. Why do u think CM got a movie before Black Widow? A point was coming when she was always gonna be positioned as lead Avengers chick. Same goes for Panther. It was just a matter of time before he was positioned as key Avenger.

Hulks absense is a little questionable. But that's not uncommon for these key teams to be missing someone from the line up. They made sure to leave him a legacy hero though.

Also Ghost Rider and Strange are the wild cards this round. Adding a fresh face or two is pretty common.

But real talk this is the most sound Avengers team in probably forever.

And lol why bring up rebirth?! Like DC was the first comic company ever to reboot it's heroes. Everybody already knew the heroes would be rebooted and restored at some point. Duh

And what's with the "Marvel has painfully low sales" remark. Marvel has beat DC for nearly 60 years in a row. The only years DC beat Marvel in comic sales was for the three they went bankrupt and sold film rights to studios. Marvel beat DC this entire time. WHILE NOT EVEN HAVING ITS REAL LINE UP. If anything you should be embarrassed to bring up DC. They got beat by 60-100% dollar share for the last several years while DC fans claimed DC has been putting out there best work while Marvel had been putting out its worse.

And of course this event will be full of solo titles. Unless you've heard otherwise? So why be silly?

#27 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9358 posts) - - Show Bio

At least there is NO Wolverine...........so....YAY.

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

#28 Edited by Vertigo- (17284 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how I feel about Reyes being put on the Avengers Line up. I've always seen Riders working better as solo acts, so I hope Aaron actually writes him good.Other then that, I don't mind the lineup, and I'm always a fan of McGuinness' art

#29 Edited by WastelandMan (8740 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times have they done this already? Also Doctor Strange should never be on the Avengers if he's still Sorcerer Supreme, he's got his own responsibilities and important shit to do. He's also back in his PLDoM appearance which is curious seeing as how his recent comics has him supposedly restored to full power and to his more traditional appearance.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
#30 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7014 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Cap Military look, I thought that was always his best costume

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#31 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

So utterly lame...

#32 Edited by thor321 (1408 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by MAZAHS117 (11594 posts) - - Show Bio

Wut, again? What the Hell was Legacy for then

#34 Posted by Lvenger (36109 posts) - - Show Bio
@bullpr said:
@lvenger said:

After years without buying any Marvel Comics, I can see myself giving this one a chance.

Do you know more about this "golden Hammer"?

No I don't know much else about Thor's golden hammer at the moment. All I can guess at is that Thor will use this hammer after Aaron's run with Jane Foster is done. Given the Mother Storm retcon and Mjolnir being responsible for Jane's cancer growing, I can't see how Thor would ever use the original Mjolnir.

#35 Posted by Tomkatie (2915 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs more Mutants tbh

At least Miles Morales doesn't seem to be leaving, glad about that!

#36 Posted by Eto (5095 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one

Another one

Another one

#37 Edited by DeathandGrim (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look, the same faces.

#38 Posted by kiba (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they fixed Spiderman yet?! No? K, bye

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#39 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (13627 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll give Avengers a read.

#40 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (5791 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully that golden hammer means Jane will die by the time that issue is launched... also, black arm was better than golden arm, seriously golden arm? really?

#41 Posted by BullPR (5532 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: trick question: what about That's soul linked to Mjolnir?

#42 Posted by Gokluma (7857 posts) - - Show Bio

Another damn reboot?

seriously marvel just stop with event comics and make characters ain't carbon clones of original heroes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
#43 Posted by deactivated-5ad6141e8751d (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

poor Thor

#44 Posted by Laiks Stake (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

1- Jason Aaron will write Thor forever? I'm done with him.

2- Carol Danvers still with feminist hair/feminismforce/feminism storytelling argh

3- The rest seems fine, a progress, maybe?

#45 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

So does this mean Ta-nihisi Coates is leaving black panther?

By the Panther God HOPEFULLY!!!

#46 Posted by the_stegman (39873 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Fine, we'll give you your white people back

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (18446 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the lineup of this Avengers team. Let's hope that Aaron gets back to his prime with this book.

#48 Posted by foxerdes (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#49 Posted by wildvine (14864 posts) - - Show Bio

@laiks stake: Feminist hair. Thank you for that laugh. I didn't know feminism had an official hairstyle.

#50 Edited by Laiks Stake (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: If Carol had long hair and Ms Marvel personality I would like her in the line up.