Man of Steel(2013) or Black Panther(2018)?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Man of Steel(2013) or Black Panther(2018)? (266 votes)

Man of Steel 53%
Black Panther 47%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackphillip: Obvious butthurt DCEU fanboy alt. ?? C’mon man your not even trying.

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Was that suppose to be some form of reply to anything I said? Finish grade school and come back when you can type more than emojis if you want to have an actual dialogue. Otherwise troll someone else because I don’t tolerate stupidity.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackphillip: Tolerate stupidity? How do you make it through the day being as stupid as you are? The fact that your an obvious troll with an alt account is hilarious. Try harder dummy.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mrmonster

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@blackphillip: Tolerate stupidity? How do you make it through the day being as stupid as you are? The fact that your an obvious troll with an alt account is hilarious. Try harder dummy.

You're so pathetic. This isn't even about "Marvel vs DC" anymore, this is just about "being a **** vs not being ****."

Seriously, can a mod please just permanently block this asshole. He's proven countless times that he's nothing but a troll, why is he even allowed to be here?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: just looking at your posting history is all the proof I need that you’re an alt/troll. Stop playing the victim captain obvious.

Skardas_Videk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn’t this a dupe? Anyways, still Man of Steel. It has better action, villains, cinematography, soundtrack, and character development. I also appreciate the contemporary and new take on Superman, whereas Black Panther is essentially Lion King with black people. Man of Steel will age like wine while Black Panther will be forgotten amongst the assembly line of MCU movies.

Man of Steel is the superior film.

Best answer so far.

That and everybody raves about Killmonger. It's just Michael B Jordan playing himself.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Stop. I've had complaints about you in the past and told you about toning it down. You need to stop spreading toxicity, vitriol and insults in threads. This is your final warning before action is taken.

renegade318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will BP win any awards like some think it will?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: You need to make sure everyone throwing insults around gets the same speech. I don’t go after anyone unless they come at me first. Not to mention the obvious alt trolls in this thread.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: You need to make sure everyone throwing insults around gets the same speech. I don’t go after anyone unless they come at me first. Not to mention the obvious alt trolls in this thread.

I've isolated you because it's consistent behaviour and I've had repeated complaints about said behaviour and I've already told you to tone down previously. Were any other user in the same position I would respond in the same way.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: the kid above me actually called me an Ahole. But I don’t see you chastising him. I never even swear or truly insult people unless calling someone a butthurt fanboy is now an insult. If that’s the case the half the site should be banned.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Black Panther, the action in MOS was the only thing that kept me awake

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: the kid above me actually called me an Ahole. But I don’t see you chastising him. I never even swear or truly insult people unless calling someone a butthurt fanboy is now an insult. If that’s the case the half the site should be banned.

It is. So just stop doing it. No need to create drama here.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man of Steel.

It'll last the test of time.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lone_Wolf_and_cub finally gets a warning.

Nice.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: so sad that’s the highlight of your day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: why do you think so? The plot wasn’t particularly original. I didn’t rave about Black Panther either.

Neither did it for me. I don’t understand why people are so in love with these two films.

renegade318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MethoKi

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Never said it was the highlight, but it's precisely what you deserve. Like @mrmonster said, you can be are an a-hole. I'm not even trying to antagonize you, but Jesus guy, don't play the victim, you know exactly what you're doing.

I'd rather not get into a debate on the matter, but I'm just saying out loud that it's nice to see that it has happened.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MethoKi

@symbiosis89: I don't think a plot has to be original to actually wow an audience. There are just some elements about it that make it impactful and the main two for me being, Pa Kent's way of raising Clark and Zod's intrinsic need to see his species survive no matter the cost. These two things get bashed, but they both made the movie pretty great to me. Seeing Jonathan not knowing what the hell to tell Clark when he possibly could've exposed himself to the world far too early in his life shows you that he can never be a perfect role model and can only do the best that he can to protect Clark from the harsh world and that may be he's not good enough for the job simply because he's human-- flawed, not perfect.

There's also the people's/world's reaction to Clark that did it for me too. In the old films, people just seemed to accept a superpowered alien that could lift entire land masses, shoot lasers from his eyes, survive a nuclear attack and punch a person out of orbit if he so pleased. This isn't and never was in line with how we on the real world would respond. No matter how much good a being like that did, there'd always be a polarising reaction to this being because while there are some that would trust him entirely there are many more that would think the worst and that it could be out to destroy or simply rule us, and its a reasonable thought because we have no way of stopping that being. I feel as though Man of Steel really set in stone that people wouldn't trust such a character so easily and are willing to attempt to take him down, futile as it may be.... But that's just any species' nature to either escape or eliminate a threat.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I could say the same about you. Is this how this works?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man of Still.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I think the reality is most people wouldn’t care. They wouldn’t hate him or love him. Sure maybe some weird ass religioun would pop up but you can barely get people awy from their buisness for anything today. Hell even when the world is at the potential cusp of nuclear war or some other shit the first thing we see are memes. Man of Steels biggest issue personally for me is how over stylized Zack made it. Everyone tells me his point is profound, yet how hard would it be to accept some alien that looks like him (exactly like us but Henry Cavill) and just happens to be basically a god. Idk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade318: bold statement lol. How ever could two movies be good? One is made by DC, other by Marvel! Obviously one must be way worse for this reason!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I think the reality is most people wouldn’t care. They wouldn’t hate him or love him. Sure maybe some weird ass religioun would pop up but you can barely get people awy from their buisness for anything today. Hell even when the world is at the potential cusp of nuclear war or some other shit the first thing we see are memes. Man of Steels biggest issue personally for me is how over stylized Zack made it. Everyone tells me his point is profound, yet how hard would it be to accept some alien that looks like him (exactly like us but Henry Cavill) and just happens to be basically a god. Idk

I mean, that's the shtick of Superman, so far beyond us yet looks exactly like us. It doesn't sound like you have a problem with the movie, but a problem with the character as a whole.

I'm pretty sure we'd care more about an alien-- the answer to the "are we alone in the universe" question than hearing about another potential nuclear war. We've been preparing for that for about 6 or 7 decades now. It's just usual at this point.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: it’s not bait just speaking the truth. The problem is people can’t handle other people’s opinions on things they like. Therefore it turns into calling others trolls/Aholes etc. Being passive aggressive doesn’t equate to not being a troll either. People are hyper sensitive nowadays so there’s that also. But I never outright insult anyone unless they do so to me first. But by all means keep acting like that’s not the case.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: it’s not bait just speaking the truth. The problem is people can’t handle other people’s opinions on things they like. Therefore it turns into calling others trolls/Aholes etc. Being passive aggressive doesn’t equate to not being a troll either. People are hyper sensitive nowadays so there’s that also. But I never outright insult anyone unless they do so to me first. But by all means keep acting like that’s not the case.

No Caption Provided

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Thanks for proving my point. I do appreciate the effort you put in trying to find a gif though ?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mrmonster

@batman242: I'm at least glad that he's toned it down a notch since his warning.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I'm at least glad that he's toned it down a notch since his warning.

Yes, thankfully.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renegade318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Man, slight edge for me to Black Panther. Both are ranked pretty highly for me in CBM's.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade318: ? sarcasm doesn’t translate over the Internet to well. I’m not mad especially over nonsense. I’m a bit of a ballbuster.

renegade318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man of Steel.

It'll last the test of time.

But will it last the test of space?

Checkmate hatters.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: Considering it's one of the DCEUs great films, it'll have lots of space on that shelf.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

Came here to vote Man of Steel. Stayed for the cat fight.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering it's one of the DCEUs great films, it'll have lots of space on that shelf.

that isn't much of an accomplishment all things considered lol

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: well it should be revered as one of the greatest CBM's and that's an accomplishment, but of course it still falls victim to that unwarranted hate.

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote MoS

I don't really find either of these films that good.

But i find MoS more tolerable for rewatchability.

I think 1 of the reasons being is that Since Marvel has released so many comic book movies that it has got to the point of "I don't care" I'm burnt out from watching them in general. Unless its a good film that happens to have a super hero in it (Like Logan or something) CBM have seemed to just get boring as an entirety for me.

And as much as I don't like the MoS the BP line "WHAT ARE THOSE!" instantly takes a point away for me.

The CGI for BP isn't too good either. Feels like I'm watching a fight scene from Blade 2 (When they fight in front of the lights)

I view CBM like Horror films. If the Effects of the Kills arent good (Which is the entertaining part of a Slasher Film) then its going to do worse in total compared to a kill with great Effects. Now Instead of Kills since its a CBM its Action and if that Action doesn't look that good from bad Effects then whats the point? A horror/CBM isn't all about the Kill/Action and it can have a decent story and such, but if 1 of your main Pillars for entertainment in your genre (The Action/Kill) is crap, then i don't care.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@batman242 said:

@itouchedtheboat: well it should be revered as one of the greatest CBM's and that's an accomplishment, but of course it still falls victim to that unwarranted hate.

key words are 'one of' and I completely agree with you. MoS is really great, it has flaws and everybody has ideas of how it would improve in their opinion but overall it's almost as great as the Batman and Captain America films. Also most of the hate and criticism came from insecure MCU fanboys who wanted to trash it's greatness lol. So many of the reasons they hated it was hypocritical since MCU got away with all the same things lol

Also Kick ass is noteworthy

MoS is 90% accurate of how a rookie Superman would be

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SuperGoku17

Black Panther by a edge though i still loved MOS great action Character development and plot.

Please dont hurt me mcu fanboys

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You didnt need to stoop that low bro.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: He really wasnt a full on rookie as he was smart enough to use his heat vison to caurtrize loises wound with heat vision without killing her

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: He really wasnt a full on rookie as he was smart enough to use his heat vison to caurtrize loises wound with heat vision without killing her

his fight against the khryptonians was literally one of the first times he put on the suit, and that fight was like a week after he learned how to fly. knowing how to cauterize a wound can just be attributed to an entire life of knowing he needs to (and how to) hold back and common sense.