mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By mickey-mouse
No Caption Provided

Now that a report from The Wrap has confirmed Man of Steel 2. I'm going to throw out a few of ideas of what WB/DC should do to help create a solid sequel to Man Of Steel. Assume Synder would logically have his hands full with JL2 as stated in several articles, so I doubt Zack would have time to come back. At the most he would be an executive producer. Especially if WB lucks up and JL is a smash hit with critics and fans.

The Director: (Choice 1)

In order to make a great comicbook film, you need to have a great director that embraces the comics and yet has their own vision for the material. Which is why WB/DC should/could pull off one of the greatest media coups by hiring....

Jon Favreau: King Of The MCU

No Caption Provided

Back up the money truck WB/DC and hire the man that started the MCU rolling with Iron Man. Yes, this would an amazing idea. If you've seen the Jungle Book then you know this guy clearly still has the touch, and he is a man that both fans & critics love. Jon's Jungle Book was a dark take on Roger Kipling's source material, yet it was enjoyable enough for mainstream audiences it made $941 million off of a $175 million budget. Unlike with Iron Man 2, WB would have no need to rush Jon in development of this film as Man of Steel 2 doesn't even have a release date as of yet. WB could totally throw an "IN YOUR FACE ****" move to the MCU by picking up the MCU's Grandpappy. :D

The Director: (Choice 2)

Not sold on that idea? Alright, maybe WB needs to do what some of these other franchises have done and simply pull out the OLE....

JJ Abrams: King Of The Soft Franchise Reboot

No Caption Provided

This would be another director that would cost a bundle as Abrams is very much in demand. With Star Trek & Star Wars under his belt: Abrams clearly has a keen eye for picking up on previously made material, giving the fans what they want, pleasing the critics, making boat loads of money, and boosting the overall quality of a franchise. If DC is serious about scoring clear hits, Abrams would be a man to rely on. Not only could Abrams give Ole Supes a fresh spit shinning, but Abrams is savvy enough to keep the constants of what fans want in their big tent pole movies while mixing in his own unique spin.

The Director: (Choice 3)

"Luke, I want a new face, not the same ole guys that I've seen before. Give me someone proven, but fairly fresh to the Tent Pole Movie Game." Alright, well then here's your guy(s) right here...

Chad Stahelski & David Leitch: Kings Of Action

No Caption Provided

"Wait Luke, WTF? What do these guys know about making Superhero movies?" Well not only have these guys been 2nd unit directors on The Wolverine & work out stunts on Iron Man 2, but they also help in a major way on Captain America Civil War. These guys know action, and they genuinely have a passion for working on Comicbook films. After showing they can not only balance gritty with a sense of fun & humor in John Wick. It's high time these guys had a crack at their own Superhero Film.

==========================================================================

The Villain: (Choice 1)

Comic films can be often defined by their villains, an outstanding villain can keep the audience engaged and invested in the actual plot. Superman has one of the best rouges galleries of all time, here's 3 suggestions I think the WB brain-trust should use for MOS 2.

Lobo: A Cat & Mouse Game With High Stakes & Fun

No Caption Provided

The Pitch: After Luthor gained much insight into the universe and pledged his loyalty to Darksied. Due to the events of Justice League Part 1(I'm guessing) the dimensional/boom tube lock seems to be sealed and the JL seems triumphant. The young Luthor breaks out of prison and into Star Labs, to reach out and contact Lobo the Intergalactic bounty hunter. Luther promises Darkseid will reward Lobo if he fulfills a contract to take out the Man Of Steel and steal a mother box. Lobo agrees to work for Darkseid, but basically says "I don't work under pipsqueek middle men." Then proceeds to rip off young Luthor's head. A mysterious figure contacts Superman and warns him of Lobo.(turns out it's Lex Luthor senior). Although Lex Luthor senior(the real Lex Luthor, played by Jon Hamm doesn't trust Superman, he sees clearly Lobo & Darksied are much more dangerous).

The Villain: (Choice 2)

Maybe the villain should go in another direction, something that can comment on the state of Superhero movies themselves....

Livewire: The Media Critic Puts Up Her Dukes

No Caption Provided

The Pitch: Famed News Commentator & Reality TV Star LeslieWillis(think SWJ on steroids, Female Trump, & every internet comment section) sets her sights on the Man of Steel after he returns from the dead in JL. "How can we trust this Superman? I thought he was Dead? These Superheros cause too much destruction. Why does WW have to dress like a stripper? Batman doesn't have to dress like that. Why should they be allowed to kill? How come he doesn't smile more? What a moppy emo D-Bag."

After an accident in which Superman tries to save Leslie from a helicopter crash and she & Superman are electrocuted by a fallen power-line. Leslie(Livewire) uses her media savvy and new found powers(uses her electrical ablities to take over social media) to turn the world against Superman and the JL. The climax is she runs for president on a platform of wanting to reign powered people in. She has powers, but Superman and no one else would know it at first. Clark Kent & Lois will use their skills as reporters to learn that Leslie has been manipulating social media over the internet using her electrical ablities and causing disasters to set Superman up for failure to make him look bad.

A key funny moment in the film is when Clark is investigating and clicks on a popular site called Rotten Powers, in which heroes are critiqued and judged/scored. The moment would also open the door for many others heroes such as Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, , Black Canary, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Justice League members like Flash/Aquman, along with some notable others would also be on the list to confirm their existence.

The Villain(s): (Choice 3)

Toy Man & Metallo: REVENGE!!!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Pitch: Due to the events of MOS, Batman v Superman, and Justice League former Lex Corp employee & Luthor loyalist Winslow Schott blames Superman for the downfall of his Lex Corp and his financial ruining. John Corben is a broken man who lost his family during MOS 1. He is in search of answers and full of pain. Due to the events of MOS he is broken inside and out. His body is ravaged from the destruction and he also lost his fellow survivor and best friend in Batman v Superman(Wallace Keefe-aka Wheelchair bomb guy). Winslow finds John who's brain type is a perfect match for his destructive cyborg design: "Metallo". Together they will reign down revenge on the Man Of Steel and his allies.

That's my thoughts on which directors and villains they should use and why. Give me your thoughts!!!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

Recast

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bring in Cyborg Superman

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Lobo but Toyman and Metallo? LMAO

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowwhoyouare: Too silly :D . I like silly though. What did you think about Livewire?

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Don't know how to feel about Livewire. Saw her in an episode of Supergirl and doesn't look like she'll fit in a movie setting.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Not every episode. Some characters are just meant for the small screen. Some characters are meant for the big screen while some like Batman are meant for both

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nice.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Metallo/Toyman idea. But Lex has to be the one who builds Metallo.

Also. F this whole Eisenberg wasnt really Lex BS. That just sucks.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I like his Lex, but ultimately you have to give people what they want. Toyman could steal an old design for Lex's Metallo.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let Snyder and Goyer have another go at him.

They'll do him justice this time!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: With the toyman idea, he could take Lex's files on the JL and start to kidnap the members of the JL one by one, leaving Superman for last. Clark & Lois would use their reporter skills to uncover the mystery of who is taking out the members of the JL.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: @lukehero: Then it becomes too big for Superman. Thats practically a JL movie. I actually hate when that happens though. Remember how Batman jist had to fricken solo the JL for no reason in Endgame? It kinda just makes that writer seem biased. Ya know?

I also want to see Brainiac. But hes big enough to be a 3rd movie villain. If the DCEU really wants to shake things up. Introduce the Legion of Superheroes in MoS 2.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mickey-mouse

@allstarsuperman: I think the story can still focus on Superman/Clark and satisfy the answer why doesn't Superman call the JL for help. Metallo and Toy man could be a Supes in round 1, then Supes could go to Star Labs for help or get help from John Herny Irons(an engineer Supes saves at the start of the movie). Either could build him a kryptopite proof suit to help even the odds.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: In lex's files it could detail the speffic weakness of each member since Lex has had a chance to study them. They wouldn't take up much screen time, we would just see them get kidnapped and then recused at the end of the movie. The main narrative would still be a direct connection to MOS and Batman v Superman. With Superman finally becoming the Flag Waving, Baby Kissing, Old lady helping guy we know and love.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@lukehero: But how exactly does this dead whiney bitch Superman actually become real Superman? I actually like my LoSH idea even more now that I think about it. If he saw what he inspires, im sure hed be more positive above it all.

F all that "Superman was a farmboys joke" blasphemy.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lukehero: I really liked all the ideas for directors but I actually wanted Abrams to direct a Superman movie so there's that. I really like the Toyman and Metallo idea as well.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I think Supermans death experience could be used to change his attitude under the right director. Also I would film it brighter with much more color, and use the original superman song at the end battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would love to see a Martian Manhunter movie instead of a Man of Steel 2. My idea: simply cancel the proposed MoS 2 and replace it with a DCEU Martian Manhunter movie. Have JJ Abrams or George Miller direct. Cast Carl Lumbly as Martian Manhunter and make the primary antagonist of the movie the Hyperclan.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_panther18: There's two slots for unlisted movies in the DCEU, so you wouldn't have to cancel MOS2, just give it the other slot(although I suspect the other Slot is for Ben Affleck Batman Movie so maybe you have a point). I don't think they are going to bring in Martian Manhunter with the current DC braintrust; I think they believe he's overpowered and they don't know how to handle him. I think a better idea is to introduce him in JL3 and have an all out White Martian Invasion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Writer: Geoff Johns

Screenplay: Christopher Nolan

Cinematographer: Larry Fong

Score: Junkie XL

Antagonist: H'el or Bizzaro

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mickey-mouse

@monsterstomp: I'll take H'el, but only if they introduce Supergirl along with him. Then in JL 2 Supergirl can get kidnapped by Darkseid and brought to Apocalypse and get brainwashed by Granny Goodness.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bizzaro is boring to me...he's something for Superman to punch, but he's boring...he has 0 depth.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Hell no, DC aren't aloud to poach the John Wick guys away from Valiant!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Those movies are in development with Sony. I mean does this movie even have a cast or real release date? I can see these Valiant movies easily getting pushed back. This movie is supposed to come out in 2017(which is a bunch of BS at this point)...no cast or any news on this what so ever?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Bizzaro is boring to me...he's something for Superman to punch, but he's boring...he has 0 depth.

FINE!

Bizzaro is involved in the opening sequence whom Superman defeats.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@lukehero: Don't care, they still don't get them.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: And..didn't this dude already fight a Kryptonian type guy in the first two movies...now you want to see another Kryptonian brawl... zzzzzzzzzzzz

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: True. I don't know how to please your haterade lvl.

The-Epitome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lex luthor gets sprung from jail by the government and attempts to perfect the cloning process so the goverment creates there own superman but it begins to breakdown making bizzaro throw in sub plot about a prefect clone that wasn't aged i.e superboy and roll into titans movie

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I get a feeling that Max Landis will be rumored to work on this script..... a really, bad feeling.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I heard American Alien was very good, so we should welcome Landis. @the-epitome: You really want to see another Kyptoian fight? Can't we see something different? And you want to see Luthor make another copy of Superman cause that's what he basically does in Batman v Superman. I think it would be better if Superboy was an Amanda Waller idea and she forced Luther to make one for her. It could be an end credits scene in SS 2. Then role into a Young Justice movie.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Favreau: King Of The MCU

The guy who created IM1 with many logic holes and made a clown from IM instead of showing real story with drinking issues? The same guy who dumped IM in IM2 making him even a bigger clown and everything else so terrible it can compete with Thor 2 and Civil War for the worst MCU film till date?

JJ Abrams: King Of The Soft Franchise Reboot

The guy who create good Star Trek 1 and dumped everything in the sequel? The same guy who made me rewatch episode 4-6 but presented it as something new? With absolutely horrible plot and zero emotional impact?

Chad Stahelski & David Leitch: Kings Of Action

As much as i like John Wick i wouldn't trust David with such movie. And Chad c'mon really? They're not directors they can't handle such work.

Lobo.

No, thank you. Not for sequel and not as a main villain for the whole movie.

Livewire.

Maybe but with someone else pulling the strings.

Toy Man & Metallo.

Maybe. But we need a break from consiquences of MoS.

Personally i'd choose Snyder as i liked both MoS and BvS and i don't want rainbow garbage or simplicity in MoS franchise at this point.

Parasite will be my number 1 choice for the villain as he will create truly interesting plot that would bring the man of steel closer to us, so that he could feel what it is to be a human. And maybe something else going on.

I also want Lois to change because of BvS. It would a perfect chance to make her Lois Lane from the comics.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr: Ehh, can't please everyone. Do you really want to watch Superman depowered for much of the film? That would turn out boring IMO.

IM 1 and Civil War garbage? :/ really dude? Feels like you're reaching here. By a lot.

The-Epitome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lobo = Ron pearlman

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

From the choices presented, my director would be Abrams. He's a personal fave and I'd trust him to deliver a damn good film. I'd want someone like Grant Morrison or Mark Waid brought in as a consultant for the character as well. Out of the villains, I'd pick Toy man and Metallo. If done well, you could make them both compelling and interesting. They'd have to do some kinda soft reboot because you'd have a Superman film without Clark Kent thanks to BVS. Also, please, no Nolan. I doubt he'll want to be involved anyway but I'd prefer he stay away from the character. No more colour filters and no more dark suits. Make it and red and blue and let Cavil use all the charisma he's got to deliver a good Superman. All should be well with that.

The-Epitome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: i disagree the superman should stay dark for now

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I didn't say he needed to be depowered for the whole movie but for big part of it yes. I want this kind of storyline badly. So far it only played out in Spiderman 2 however its Superman who had this kind of story in the comics and interesting take on it as he has never experienced this kind of life.

I didn't say IM1 was garbage but it was too simplistic for what it could be, IM2 was garbage yes, and Civil War too(Peter's apartment scenes and Airport fight don't do the whole movie it lacks in many departments, acting, plot point that should've been brought to the table far sooner and executed far better than it did in CW, same with character development and they brought too much plot holes comparing to any MCU movie so far, another letdown villain, it was a major let down from people who made Cap 2 which by no means was perfect but so much better than Cap 3 that it felt like a treason).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the-epitome: I respectfully disagree. He's had two films to do the brooding and mopey shtick, it's time for him to become Superman. Besides with the tone of Justice League being remarkably lighter than the previous films, it would be odd for him to brood when not even Batman is doing it.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil war and IM2 GARBAGE? BvS best CBm ever? No need to read thread I'm leaving.

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@saintwildcard: I heard American Alien was very good, so we should welcome Landis.

I thought it was fine, but the real problem was his MoS 2 pitch. That was just horrendous. And I don't get how this guy keeps getting these high profile nerdy gigs. All his movies that he's worked on bomb.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Director: Zack Snyder but I would be fine with JJ Abrams too.

Villain: Brainiac or maybe Bizarro or Cyborg Superman.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Do a cosmic story and put him on War World against Mongul. Maybe involve some lesser known Lanterns too.

Don't worry losers, I'm sure no fictional civilians will perish this time.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: With Bruce Wayne's Goverment connections they can claim Clark was put in witness protection to testify against Lex. Which is why they had to "fake his death."

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: You cannot blame screen writers when movies go bad. There are so many things that can screw a movie. A screen writer doesn't have much actual power on set.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@saintwildcard: You cannot blame screen writers when movies go bad. There are so many things that can screw a movie. A screen writer doesn't have much actual power on set.

True, but it's consistently. Even with the movie he really backed, American Ultra. At some point your track record has to affect you, even if it means you get less Big Budget flicks. But the dude has been rumored for almost every big nerdy movie. I heard he's gonna work with Ayer on a new movie, and he's also rumored for the Pokemon movie.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mickey-mouse

@saintwildcard: He's a hot name right now, also if you look at a lot of order film makers some of there first few movies were garbage. I like him and think he has good ideas overall.

OH AND THANKS FOR EVERYONE FOR VISITING THE THREAD, Whether I agreed/liked your opinion or not. Thanks for stopping by and contributing.

MiguelR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil war and IM2 GARBAGE? BvS best CBm ever? No need to read thread I'm leaving.