Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain Cascader

Well, I got to messing around with the homepage design this morning and challenged Red LAMP with passing some quick sorts to me so that we could do one of our famous afternoon rush jobs and get it from idea to live in just under 6 hours.

Mostly this should help all of us ComicVine addicts see what's happening new on the site (just click sort by recent edits). It'll save your sort preference btw, so next time you bring up the site all the recent edits will be there again.

You can also sort by largest pages, which is neat cuz there are a lot of great pages I had no idea people had put so much time into. Anyways, as usual, let us know what you think.
Post Edited:2007-01-26 20:10:23

Brunbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Brunbb

It's confusing. Creators are listed under teams. I see the thing that says creators at the top, but it wouldn't help someone who just found the site and didn't know who they are. The same problem occurs in all the other boxes.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The labels are in the wrong place and the sections aren't all separated. I like the recent edits and largest pages, they just need to be fixed a little.

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain Cascader

Can someone take a screenshot for me? I don't see a label issue? And I don't see creators listed next to teams?

What browser are you guys on?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I checked it again and it's all better.

Brunbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brunbb

Fixed for me too.

Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain Cascader

Yeah, since you guys are here a lot it may have just been some older stylesheets. Doing a hard refresh should fix it.

What do you think now that's displaying correctly. Be totally honest, we can't improve if you just kiss our asses. Haha.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I like it but I think it could use a background or something, it's very white. That's just me though.

Brunbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brunbb

I don't like that the top the page is black and the rest is white. I think it would look better as one color.

Also, the black part is just big and empty. Maybe make it smaller (if you don't get rid of it).

And, I don't know how possible this is, but how about random characters instead of the most popular? You know, so people can learn about the lesser-known guys.
Post Edited:2007-01-26 20:41:13

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

Post Deleted.

SimpleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SimpleMan

I like it! It always sorta bugged me that the main page didn't look anything like the rest of the site. Very nice change!

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I don't if it's just me, but when I scroll down, there seems to be too much white space, as in it's too wide. And maybe post a top 10 rather than top 12 in each category. Too much charts can perhaps become confusing for a newbie.

Overall, I like the new look, awesome job.