Magneto.... More like EVERYTHING-o.... ... am i right?

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here's something interesting about magnetic levitation:

"An object does not need to be superconducting to levitate. Normal things, even humans, can do it as well, if placed in a strong magnetic field. Although the majority of ordinary materials, such as wood or plastic, seem to be non-magnetic, they, too, expel a very small portion (0.00001) of an applied magnetic field, i.e. exhibit very weak diamagnetism. Such materials can be levitated using magnetic fields of about 10 Tesla. Click on the title to find the explanation as well as movies, photographs and a funny letter worthwhile reading. "

http://www.hfml.ru.nl/froglev.html

This means that in reality, since magneto not only generates magnetic fields, but POWERFUL magnetic fields, he should have levitational control of any matter.

Magneto has been under-powered by his writers.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

Pssst... You're not exactly the first person to notice this.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Korg

Polaris, more like "Everythingaris", amirite?

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nudge. nudge.

Youbetchaeh?

Your right Korg. Not the first to discover this fact. I think the researchers beat me to it... but not by much!

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Korg

Even the "research" you linked to is 11-12 years old.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like someone who attempts to apply science. no sarcasm intended.
but tis a comic.
second, i havent noticed what you mean with Magneto (movie doesnt count)
take a good look at any bio and you will see that he is not limited to only manipulating certain matter,
he is capable of things waaaaay far beyond it as he in fact, does not control the magnetic spectrum persay, but the electro-magnetic spectrum which is in fact another thing in its entirety. id think holding an entire space station made of various materials, with a functioning atmosphere, together and in orbit for one was not ignorance on the writers part. you should actually read more magneto books and again no offense, but your claim does not actually match up, nor do your understanding of Magneto, or Polaris's whose are actually differant. lastly minding the strain most activities put on them as it is a case of force vs force in everyone. one might lastly
again aknowledge its a comic. for example Magneto throws up an electro-magnetic shield which is dense enough to stop any object from entry, yet is voice can be heard clear as day without screaming outside of it.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Zoom

Hey did you guys know Deathstroke using 90% of his brain means he actually uses less of it than normal people?

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By G'bandit
Zoom said:
Hey did you guys know Deathstroke using 90% of his brain means he actually uses less of it than normal ... [more]
I heard normal people use only 10% of their brain's potential actually