Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio

A blog to showcase some of MCU Luke Cage's powers.

Durability:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Luke is completely impervious to handgun and semi-automatic rifle rounds, and even a revolver being shot with his fist wrapped around it; however, the revolver does seem to cause him some (ultimately superficial) pain, just as it did his comic counterpart when he performed the same action.
Luke is completely impervious to handgun and semi-automatic rifle rounds, and even a revolver being shot with his fist wrapped around it; however, the revolver does seem to cause him some (ultimately superficial) pain, just as it did his comic counterpart when he performed the same action.
...Luke's also bottleproof.
...Luke's also bottleproof.
Tanks having his head put through a brick wall by Jessica Jones with no ill effects.
Tanks having his head put through a brick wall by Jessica Jones with no ill effects.
Luke survived an explosion (that sent the superhuman Jessica Jones flying backwards from twenty feet away) with no ill effects. Fireproof too...
Luke survived an explosion (that sent the superhuman Jessica Jones flying backwards from twenty feet away) with no ill effects. Fireproof too...
Buzzsaw proof too. By his own admission he is 'unbreakable'.
Buzzsaw proof too. By his own admission he is 'unbreakable'.
Slow-mo of Luke tanking a punch like a breath of fresh air.
Slow-mo of Luke tanking a punch like a breath of fresh air.
Despite already being badly wounded by Judas bullets, a full body kick aided by a leap from Willis Stryker does little more than stagger Luke.
Despite already being badly wounded by Judas bullets, a full body kick aided by a leap from Willis Stryker does little more than stagger Luke.
A slab of concrete swung by Willis shatters on impact with Luke's shoulder and has no noticeable impact on him. Again, Luke is already seriously wounded in this confrontation.
A slab of concrete swung by Willis shatters on impact with Luke's shoulder and has no noticeable impact on him. Again, Luke is already seriously wounded in this confrontation.
Having already been in a long physical confrontation with the superhuman Diamondback, Luke tanks getting tossed out of a window.
Having already been in a long physical confrontation with the superhuman Diamondback, Luke tanks getting tossed out of a window.
With just a jab, Diamondback was able to hit Luke so hard he trashed the side of a van. Luke tanked a lot of blows such as these from Diamondback in their fight, all while holding back on his half brother.
With just a jab, Diamondback was able to hit Luke so hard he trashed the side of a van. Luke tanked a lot of blows such as these from Diamondback in their fight, all while holding back on his half brother.

Below, Luke survives being hit by an RPG blast. He is briefly knocked out but suffers no permanent damage as a result of the explosion or debris:

Thus far, the only weapon to harm Luke are the Judas bullets, which are derived from a material found after the Chitauri invasion. It is able to pierce Luke's outer layers of skin, drill a little deeper and then explode, sending debris into his body. Luke was hit twice by these bullets, once in the gut and once in the shoulder, the main issue for him is not the damage these bullets cause, but that, due to his invulnerability, these bullets cannot be extracted by traditional means. These bullets are extremely powerful.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strength:

No Caption Provided
Cage is consistently able to one shot regular humans with only the slightest tap to the head.
Cage is consistently able to one shot regular humans with only the slightest tap to the head.
No Caption Provided

Luke displayed a few times that even when badly wounded, he is able to hurl people tens of feet through the air.
Luke displayed a few times that even when badly wounded, he is able to hurl people tens of feet through the air.
His knockout blow to Diamondback sent him hurtling through the air.
His knockout blow to Diamondback sent him hurtling through the air.
He was easily able to destroy a steel rail while also holding Misty Knight - just by running at it.
He was easily able to destroy a steel rail while also holding Misty Knight - just by running at it.

In an impressive feat of both strength and durability, Luke easily prevents a speeding car from running over Claire Temple and Rafael Scarfe without moving a muscle.
In an impressive feat of both strength and durability, Luke easily prevents a speeding car from running over Claire Temple and Rafael Scarfe without moving a muscle.
Destroys the floor with a stomp of his foot.
Destroys the floor with a stomp of his foot.
Effortlessly knocks out regular humans and is able to send a man flying with the slightest tap to the back of their heads.
Effortlessly knocks out regular humans and is able to send a man flying with the slightest tap to the back of their heads.
Punches the front of a bus leaving a large dent in the metal.
Punches the front of a bus leaving a large dent in the metal.
Tosses the superhuman Jessica Jones a considerable distance. He does this multiple times during their fight.
Tosses the superhuman Jessica Jones a considerable distance. He does this multiple times during their fight.
While punching, puts his entire arm through a brick wall.
While punching, puts his entire arm through a brick wall.
Tosses a large wooden table with half a dozen pots of weed with ease.
Tosses a large wooden table with half a dozen pots of weed with ease.
Throws off half a dozen attackers with ease.
Throws off half a dozen attackers with ease.
Rips off a car door.
Rips off a car door.
Uses said door to bust down a door and parts of a wall with it.
Uses said door to bust down a door and parts of a wall with it.
Easily bends a car door around an enemy.
Easily bends a car door around an enemy.
Kicks down a bolted steel gate.
Kicks down a bolted steel gate.
Lifts a washing machine with one arm.
Lifts a washing machine with one arm.
Multiple times throughout the series he is easily able to bend guns as though they were rubber toys.
Multiple times throughout the series he is easily able to bend guns as though they were rubber toys.
Is able to crumple a steel dumpster with his bare hands.
Is able to crumple a steel dumpster with his bare hands.
Already tired from fighting, Luke easily bats away a motorbike thrown at him from Diamondback.
Already tired from fighting, Luke easily bats away a motorbike thrown at him from Diamondback.

Speed and Skill:

Easily catches a strike from an attacker.
Easily catches a strike from an attacker.
Luke was the undefeated champion of an underground fight club at Seagate prison.
Luke was the undefeated champion of an underground fight club at Seagate prison.

Luke regularly integrates this skill and speed into his fights, effortlessly dispatching opponents who demonstrate considerable technical skill:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Other notable feats:

• In Jessica Jones 1x06 'AKA You're a Winner!' Luke effortlessly walks forwards when Jessica Jones (a woman who has stopped cars from both accelerating and from running over a child with one hand) tries with all of her strength to prevent him from doing so. He then pushes her aside with ease.

• In the same episode, Luke heavily implies he used his bare hands to dig through concrete:

• In Jessica Jones 1x12 'AKA Take a Bloody Number' Luke states he moved around cars and other heavy objects to test his powers:

"When I first got these powers, I took a trip to the junkyard. Started moving hunks of metal back and forth. Rusted out cars, busted stoves. Just to see what I could lift."

• In the same episode,' Luke tanked many shots from the superhuman Jessica Jones with no ill effect.
  • Luke also displayed an impressive and singular resistance to Kilgrave's mind control, having to be told twice to get in the car upon their first meeting, and halting his attempts to kill Jessica multiple times throughout their fight. He even had to be told to continue by Kilgrave at one point. Note that this was after Kilgrave's powers were increased.
  • In Jessica Jones 1x13 'AKA Smile' a surgical drill broke against Luke's skin.
  • In Luke Cage 1x06 'Suckas Need Bodyguards' Luke jumped from a sixth story window and created a large crack in the pavement outside and was completely unharmed, able to run immediately afterwards with no sign of injury.
#1 Posted by Black_Arrow (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the casualness in how he uses his powers, it's like he is not even trying, it's difficult to see how they are going to match him on his show.

#2 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the casualness in how he uses his powers, it's like he is not even trying, it's difficult to see how they are going to match him on his show.

Remember episode 6 when Luke and Jessica are talking to the street boss and Jessica's totally shuts him out but Luke is all about diplomacy bartering? I think his show is going to be 75% that, with him navigating the streets and doing everything he can not to fight... but then sometimes, he's just gotta lay on that smackdown. But you're definitely right, they need somebody who can step up to him as a legitimate threat, I'm interested to see what they do, he seems pretty much impervious to anything street level criminals can dish out, but they could bring in the idea of escalation, and have criminals start using high-powered military grade weaponry (though personally I'd like to see him be invulnerable to those too). I hope there is somebody who can take him on.

#3 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty impressive. I am about 2 episodes into the series. I think I will pick it back up.

#4 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36855 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs to fight Tombstone or someone interesting in his show as the surprise character. I hope Cotton Mouth has super powers as well.

#5 Posted by terry2012 (9821 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

He needs to fight Tombstone or someone interesting in his show as the surprise character. I hope Cotton Mouth has super powers as well.

#6 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread =D

#7 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#8 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by WastelandMan (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice. Really looking forward to his Netflix series.

#11 Edited by Peterrubiohard (570 posts) - - Show Bio

FOR NOW

Hulk: 100 tonnes

Kurse: 100 tonnes

Ultron (Second form): 90 tonnes

Thor 50-60 tonnes

Ultron (First form): 30 tonnes

Vision: 30 tonnes

Sif: 30 tonnes

Pepper Potts: 30 tonnes

Aldrick Killian: 30 tonnes

Iron-Man: 25 tonnes

Loki: 25 tonnes

Centiped Soldiers: 12-15 tonnes

Deathlock: 12-15 tonnes

Luke Cage: 9-10 tonnes

Jessica Jones: 5-6 tonnes

Spider-man: 5-6 tonnes

Crossbones: 3-4 tonnes

Captain America: 1-2 tonnes

#12 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice. Really looking forward to his Netflix series.

Thanks and same.

#13 Posted by Klark_Cent099 (138 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Peterrubiohard (570 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by AchievedHero (247 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by DSTREET45 (5281 posts) - - Show Bio

@achievedhero: Pretty sure he's talking about the MCU versions not the comic versions. They aren't at the same levels.

#17 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Added some more stuff. I'll add more as I can make the gifs.

#18 Posted by Skullanders (887 posts) - - Show Bio

You gonna update this for The Defenders?

#19 Posted by The_Magister (14315 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Luke and JJ are barely 3 tonners based on lifting strength feats. Can’t believe some people on this site would wank him to 10 tons level

Avatar image for black3stpanth3r
#22 Posted by BLACK3STPANTH3R (6235 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterrubiohard:

FOR NOW

Hulk: 100 tonnes

Kurse: 100 tonnes

Ultron (Second form): 90 tonnes

Thor 50-60 tonnes

Ultron (First form): 30 tonnes

Vision: 30 tonnes

Sif: 30 tonnes

Pepper Potts: 30 tonnes

Aldrick Killian: 30 tonnes

Iron-Man: 25 tonnes

Loki: 25 tonnes

Centiped Soldiers: 12-15 tonnes

Deathlock: 12-15 tonnes

Luke Cage: 9-10 tonnes

Jessica Jones: 5-6 tonnes

Spider-man: 5-6 tonnes

Crossbones: 3-4 tonnes

Captain America: 1-2 tonnes

I always thought Spiderman was at least a 20 tonner.

#23 Posted by SheHulk528 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders did him little justice in my opinion. But still some decent feats

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#24 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by The_Magister (14315 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: He is jacked up on Russo-Force in that scene, I'd advise against adding it

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#27 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterrubiohard: Thor is like a 1,000,000 tonner and Spider-Man is definitely a 25 tonner.

Also Aldrich Killian and Pepper Potts haven't shown anything close to being 30 tonners.

#29 Posted by carlosss14 (516 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by rogueshadow (29379 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Avatar_of_Gaea (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Update anytime soon?