User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard
Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

my guess is we're just getting heroes for hire, and it could be on their own streaming service

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Netflix said they own the shows and it's up to them?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This surprises me. Iron Fist getting cancelled didn't surprise me a whole lot, this does.

Hopefully these characters live on in some capacity, like in a Heroes for Hire spinoff.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@heatforce: But the more I think about that quote the more I think it’s Netflix trying to keep there head on like yea he have the right to do this and they but seriously don’t

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes for Hire would be better than the two separate shows anyway, IMO.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 out of 4 Defenders are down after Thanos' snap. Sounds about right.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@rbt: that would be a smart freaking publicity stunt uf they did it for that

Oeselian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever considered it just isn't good? Let's be honest, these shows were incredibly over praised when initially released. Luke Cage isn't a good show and Netflix probably see's this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@oeselian said:

Ever considered it just isn't good? Let's be honest, these shows were incredibly over praised when initially released. Luke Cage isn't a good show and Netflix probably see's this.

Views>>>>Quality

To be fair, S1 of Iron Fist was dogshit, which got a second season. Iron Fist S2 was technically better so by taking quality into account it should have gotten a third season.

DaTombstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oeselian said:

Because that doesn't fly. Has to be more to the story because the ratings for these shows was through the roof. LC broke Netflix when it was released and IF even with the bad reviews was one of the most watched shows of all time.

And that's what matters to channels and streaming services most. Even at their worst they received higher ratings then most other comic shows combined last I checked.

Oeselian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datombstone: Regardless, ratings doesn't mean it's good. Look at The Last Jedi. That thing is a dumpster fire and has unreal ratings.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oeselian: that doesn’t really have anything to do with their point though. What determines a show’s renewal above all else is viewership.

They don’t give a shit whether it’s “good” or not, all that matters is a lot of people are willing to watch it

Oeselian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordamn:

And am I not entitled to that opinion? Besides Daredevil and Punisher, they're all arguably pretty terrible and are filled with a bunch of stupid story arches with nothing but the purpose of filler.

@mike_fowler:

Fair enough!

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Jessica Jones is going to get axed next? I don't see Daredevil getting canceled because it's too awesome but who knows at this point.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I feel like these are all of the possibilities:

1. The shows have simply been cancelled due to lack of interest. Netflix don’t want them.
  2. Netflix is going to merge Luke Cage and Iron Fist into Heroes for Hire.
  3. The contract with Netflix is soon expiring and Netflix can no longer distribute these shows. Disney are going to continue these versions (on their own or as Heroes for Hire in the case of Luke/Danny) on their own streaming services, be it Hulu or Disney Play.
  4. The contract with Netflix is soon expiring and Netflix can no longer distribute these shows. Marvel will reboot the characters entirely at some point, be it in the films or on their streaming services.
  5. The contract with Netflix is soon expiring and Netflix can no longer distribute these shows. Disney are going to discontinue the shows and have no plans for the characters.

Oeselian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oeselian: Never said you weren't buddy... However, you phrased it like it was a fact.

Sorry man! Just one of those internet misunderstandings!

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm not even allowed to watch that show, and even I am disappointed and kinda shocked.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 wasn't that good to me. How was season 2?

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: Season 2 was amazing. It had a great villain/antihero, awesome action scenes and it wasn't dragged out pointlessly like season 1. I'm sad hearing it has been cancelled.

I hope they can bring these series back on the Disney streaming service.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:

2 out of 4 Defenders are down after Thanos' snap. Sounds about right.

I don't think you're going to be losing sleep over this one.

I remember how boring you thought it was...

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I personally think Netflix is doing a Heroes for Hire series.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes for Hire because it makes perfect sense. These characters are better together than alone.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@heatforce: Yes and no. Here’s the thing it’s about money. The original deal is they paid 100 of millions of dollars for the rights to these 4 characters and then a little extra for punisher. The deal is for 13 episodes each. That’s why even when story wise it doesn’t make sense to do 13 episodes they do it anyway. Netflix didn’t recoup what they thought they were gonna get and wanted to do less episodes per season for each show. Disney basically told them nope ??, 13 episodes or GTFO. So now one by one they are getting axed. Don’t be shocked by February if we are hearing DD has been cancelled. And JJ season 3 is already in production so after it comes out it will be cancelled and then last the Punisher will be killed....

From what I understand Fiege wants to run the Disney Streaming service shows which will be premium shows with huge budgets with scarlet witch and Loki.

These characters might be moved to Disney stream, but much more likely will eventually receive full or soft reboots....