#1 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. Luffy (Katakuri fight) vs Sabo (Pre Mera Mera fruit)

Round 2. Luffy (Current) vs Sabo (Current)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18661 posts) - - Show Bio

By hype and position in the world, Sabo should win, but by feats Luffy wins.

#3 Posted by SocaJunkie (8903 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabo has no feats on Luffy’s level and no, failing to harm Fujitora in any way isn’t worth mentioning here.

#4 Posted by kgb725 (19576 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by SocaJunkie (8903 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: He...really wasn’t trying that much. He put more effort into fighting Luffy evident by the Ferocious Tiger attack’s differing potency when used on both.

#6 Posted by Tony501 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabo

#7 Posted by Eminel (678 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I think he is just below admiral level, so he beats Luffy.

#8 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@eminel: And why isn’t Luffy just below admiral level ? I think they both right hand level and are capable of fighting and beating admirals tbh. Katakuri imo is definitely admiral level and at this point Luffy is definitely as strong as him if not stronger. And Sabo is once again clashing with admirals at the reverie along side the commanders

#9 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t even know if that’s entirely true anymore, according to position in the world Luffy is a Yonko and has a 1.5 billion bounty where as Sabo‘s is about 600mill

#10 Posted by TheVivas (19592 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: See post #9 how is Sabo’s hype greater than Luffy’s at this point ?

#13 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@almighty: Luffy just did more things against the Government overall than Sabo.

#14 Edited by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: More than being the second in command of an organization DIRECTLY opposing it ? Note: Dragon is the head of this same organization and is the most wanted man in the world, Sabo is second only to him in this same organization. Nonetheless Luffy still has more hype than Sabo as it stands whatever the excuse is.

#15 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@almighty: Uh, yeah, he did more things against the Government then Sabo did.

• Trashed thousands of marines over the years
  • Defeated a few Shichibukai
  • Assaulted Enies Lobby+Defeated CP9
  • Attacked a World Noble
  • Broke out of Impel Down
  • Stood up against the Admirals and caused destruction at Marineford
  • Fought and escaped Yonko crews

I mean, Luffy clearly has done more, having a title is irrelevant on this subject.

Sabo & Dragon are clearly implied to be stronger, so the hype still remains on them

#16 Edited by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: How is Sabo implied to be stronger when he doesn’t have any more impressive feats nor greater hype ? What’s this hype you’re saying Sabo has that Luffy doesn’t ? Because Luffy’s name rings more bells than sabo’s at this point

#17 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@almighty: You're not being fair to Sabo considering he isn't the main protagonist nor is he in the story that much. And Luffy atm has no hype, I'm not seeing where you come up with that at all.

The hype Sabo has is being 2nd in Command of the Revolutionary army and having Ace's former fruit.

How popular Luffy is, is well, irrelevant.

#18 Edited by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: Being considered a Yonko and having a 1.5 Billion berry bounty is greater hype than just being 2nd command in the revs and gaining Ace’s fruit addednothing to Sabo’s hype except a bounty raise (which is still lower than Luffy’s)

I’m just curious what you define “Hype” as because Sabo doesn’t have more impressive feats, has a lower bounty and quite frankly has a less prestigious title than Luffy (Yonko vs Second in command of revs)

#19 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@almighty: Oh please, you and I both know damn well Luffy isn't as strong as the other Yonko's, not by a long shot.

I consider hype to be the expected excitement to whatever may happen. It's why I'm more hyped for someone like Vegapunk than Luffy.

#20 Edited by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: He’s still hyped up to be on their rivals in the story wether he’s as strong as them or not. Name another character in the story that has a 1.5 bill bounty or higher that isn’t a Yonko ? Bounty is a literal measurement of hype that Oda gives us lol

#21 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@almighty: Oh so Buggy is more hyped than Chopper by your standard?

#22 Posted by Devilmenworks (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabo by a good bit. He easily stomped Jesus Burgess and easily fought with Fujitora (although it wasn't a serious fight) and is second command to Dragon, the most wanted man in the world.

@almighty said:

@eminel: And why isn’t Luffy just below admiral level ? I think they both right hand level and are capable of fighting and beating admirals tbh. Katakuri imo is definitely admiral level and at this point Luffy is definitely as strong as him if not stronger. And Sabo is once again clashing with admirals at the reverie along side the commanders

I guess I view admiral level differently than you do. Luffy is at the low end of vice admiral or rear admiral level at the most imo but still no where near Admiral level. There is a big gap between Admiral and the vice and read admirals. Akainu and Kuzan fought for 10 days straight before Akainu became fleet Admiral. Borsalino fought Rayleigh (second hand to the Pirate King) to a stand still for a few moments (although they were not going all out). But Borsalino was casually causing large explosions like nothing. Do you really think Luffy is strong enough to fight any of these Admirals and last more than 5 minutes? Luffy can barely use his haki for 5-10 minutes and needed help defeating Doflamingo.

Another reason why he is no where near admiral level is he lost to Kaido after going all out. Someone who is admiral level has no business being one shotted by a Yonko.

#23 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: Buggy definitely is more hyped than chopper lol the hype may not be warranted but he is still nonetheless hyped up to be a bigger deal

#24 Edited by ALMIGHTY (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilmenworks said:

Sabo by a good bit. He easily stomped Jesus Burgess and easily fought with Fujitora (although it wasn't a serious fight) and is second command to Dragon, the most wanted man in the world.

@almighty said:

I guess I view admiral level differently than you do. Luffy is at the low end of vice admiral or rear admiral level at the most imo but still no where near Admiral level. There is a big gap between Admiral and the vice and read admirals. Akainu and Kuzan fought for 10 days straight before Akainu became fleet Admiral. Borsalino fought Rayleigh (second hand to the Pirate King) to a stand still for a few moments (although they were not going all out). But Borsalino was casually causing large explosions like nothing. Do you really think Luffy is strong enough to fight any of these Admirals and last more than 5 minutes? Luffy can barely use his haki for 5-10 minutes and needed help defeating Doflamingo.

Another reason why he is no where near admiral level is he lost to Kaido after going all out. Someone who is admiral level has no business being one shotted by a Yonko.

Sabo did no better against fujitora than Luffy did infact fujitora seemed more serious against Luffy than Sabo and this was a Luffy not even using G4. Kizaru fought an old and completely out of prime Rayleigh a right hand to a stand still and also fought an older right hand in Marco to a stand still, it’s fair to assume all of the right hands are on the same level (Marco, Katakuri, King, Ben Beckman and an OLD Rayleigh) Right hands from what we've seen are admiral level Luffy just defeated one in Katakuri and has gotten stronger since that fight, G4 puts Luffy on admiral/right hand level imo. Your point about the doffy fight is moot because we’ve learned that haki develops through battle Luffy gets stronger every arc He’s a lot stronger currently than he was then he’s even more strong than he was in the Katakuri fight. Kaido is from what the story is telling us the strongest thing alive. I wouldn’t be surprised if he could one shot an admiral or any Yonko in their prime could for that matter. An old sick and dying white beard was decimating Akainu (The strongest admiral) when his focus was on him Admirals stand no chance against a Yonko 1v1 (especially Kaido who is possibly the strongest) the gap between a Yonko and admiral imo is the same gap between a Yonko and their Right hand.

Also to say Luffy is vice admiral level at this point is utterly ridiculous, 3rd commanders such as Cracker, Jack, Jozu, Lucky Roo would clap a vice admiral we’ve seen Bartolomeo handle Vice Admirals Luffy is well above that he could stomp a vice admiral no G4 needed. As I said he’s probably currently in the lower tier of admiral with G4

#25 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao.

#26 Posted by finalbeta (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy should defeat Base Sabo and perhaps Mera Unmastered