#1 Edited by Jgames (8147 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=love+death+and+robots

Netflix just released an animated anthology shorts that range from 6-20 minutes. Full of robots, monsters, profanity, sex, violence and gore. As a weirdo who love these kind of things, I absolutely love it. I have not finish watching every short, but god damn is this great. Love all the different art style, twist, characters and just unique stories. Netflix has definitely been putting so much content, that most of it is trash, but luckily some great stuff comes out of it like this.

I say Sonnie Edge's is probably my second favorite so far. With the art, design and animation looking straight out of the final fantasy franchise, just with nudity and more gore. With a twist I sort of saw coming but still was awesome. Although I guess my favorite twist so far was The Witness.

Good Hunting is probably my favorite with a cool fantasy twist with sci-fi that I really enjoy.

What are you guys thoughts on this anthology series.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#2 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24252 posts) - - Show Bio

Really enjoyed "Three Robots". "The Witness" is also intriguing.

#3 Posted by mrmonster (15147 posts) - - Show Bio

I might give this a shot.

#4 Posted by TommytheHitman (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

I binged this all in one go and loved almost all of it.

My favourites were probably Three Robots and Suits because I enjoyed their wholesome nature.

#5 Posted by Jgames (8147 posts) - - Show Bio

I binged this all in one go and loved almost all of it.

My favourites were probably Three Robots and Suits because I enjoyed their wholesome nature.

Yeah I can see that. Granted the animation in Suits made me nauseous a bit since it look like it was buffering, sort of like Spiderman into the spiderverse (which I love but the beginning of that movie did bother me), but got used to it especially when it pick up frames once the action started.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32
#6 Posted by deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm about half way through.

Shit is good, very creative.

#7 Posted by Fabricolage (1916 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by hyiena (5326 posts) - - Show Bio

There wasn't an episode I didn't like.

#9 Posted by TommytheHitman (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames: It seems a good amount of animated products are going for a sort of Spiderverse buffering style, I kinda dig it.

#10 Edited by Andromeda101 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I've finished all the episodes and would say my personal ranking would be:

1. Good Hunting: Honestly, I believe this is one of the episodes which would be great if turns out to be a full-out series. It reminds me a lot of Avatar(Especially of TLOK) both by its visuals and world. Still, Liang and Huli's chemistry and characters made this one my favorite by far.
  2. When The Yogurt Took Over: I need to say @life_without_progress was right when told me about this one, I really got some Grant Morrison's vibes from it. You just love the mixture between the social critiques and humor in this one.
  3. Zima Blue: As a freelance artist myself, I was rather captivated by this episode and its premise. I usually project my inner-indagations on my paints much like Zima's, which's why I can say that pretty much loved.
  4. Sonnie's Edge: Cyberpunk? Astonishing visuals? An interesting premise? All checked and once again, I believe this short would be amazing as a full-out series or maybe a movie.
  5. Three Robots: With an extremely good animation and humor, I say this episode couldn't be left out of this list here. I didn't like as much as some of my friends did, but was quite enjoyable to watch.