Lord of the Rings sequel trilogy

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would a sequel trilogy for Lord of the Rings be possible in the future, maybe get new writers or just have Peter Jackson involved with its production. think of it being similar to Star Wars the Force Awakens or The Last Jedi. What is stopping them from making new movies of this series?.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Amazon's Lord of the Rings prequel show is successful, maybe.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Well, they have made new media from the Lord of the Rings franchises, but they've been video games. Christopher Tolkien (age 94 now) gathered some of his father's notes together and released other books set in the LotR universe, but they felt like loosely gathered notes rather than fully fleshed out novels. J.R.R. Tolkien wrote a lot of stuff, but most of it wasn't as fully formed as the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, or wasn't even remotely related. However, like I said with the video games, it's not impossible to continue the adventures in Middle Earth. I, too believe a TV series is a better idea than movies so there isn't any confusion regarding where the new stories originated. I believe you can present a show "inspired by" easier on the small screen than the large. Finally, I think that getting Adam or Simon Tolkien (grandchildren) involved would be better than dragging Peter Jackson back for another round. The Hobbit wasn't all that good, and Mortal Engines doesn't appear to be any better.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By echostarlord117
@hyperfinn said:

What is stopping them from making new movies of this series?.

The fans and the Tolkien estate.

Assuming you want sequels, people like you are a huge reason great things go to ruin. Let a good thing die. LotR is a master piece. The last thing it needs is far less talented writers mucking it all up.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers